test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Oathbound Paladin

Comments

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    voltomey wrote: »
    ..as quick recharging encounters Like Burning Light in fact ...

BL is a quick recharging enounter now is it? You sure you are testing the same Paladin as the rest of us? Your feedback is off as usual.

Holy Barrier - as a capstone ability this feels very weak. In fact I dont even notice when its on because the simple combo of Shielding strike + Divine Touch do a far better job.

Binding Oath - 6 seconds hard taunt, 17 seconds cooldown ( with feated recharge and aura of wisdom ) = useless power. As soon as the effect ends the enemy rushes over to my poor white wizard companion.

Radiant strike - the double animation seriously messes up any follow up ability especially Sanctuary

Sanctuary - still has delayed activation

Sanctuary - some powers break the CC immunity. Example: Karrundax ground based AoE CC blows my OP away thru Sanctuary. This may or may not be WAI
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    emilemo wrote: »
    BL is a quick recharging enounter now is it? You sure you are testing the same Paladin as the rest of us? Your feedback is off as usual.

Holy Barrier - as a capstone ability this feels very weak. In fact I dont even notice when its on because the simple combo of Shielding strike + Divine Touch do a far better job.

Depend on how you test my BL is on a 12.9 CD atm Running with a AoW and Recovery build ATM.

Feedback HB
    The only thing i agree with you on is Holy barrier its duration needs to be bumped up or its shield amount needs to be adjusted.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrdraqomrdraqo Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback: This is a joke OP in "Well dragon" I tried kill Drake Handler is impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his shield and dps OP is joke :)))
    Next : divine give power and deflect ok fine and demage taken is 0 !!!!(shild strike and bulwark tree). Feat in bulwark tree just joke :) nothing for party very good "You protect your allies and taunt your foes, controlling the battlefield with your incredible presence". I dont now what think devs and play OP ist masochism !.
    edited February 2015
    Feedback
    Divine Lunge
    This skill simply has to come sooner for OP rather then later its is essential in holding aggro it need to come at least around lvl 20 it makes holding aggro allot easier.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    They are going to have to change things around for pally because right now there is no reason to play one over a GF or DC. Other than its new. (ish)

Kinda hard to call anything in this expansion "new".
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback
    Divine Lunge
    This skill simply has to come sooner for OP rather then later its is essential in holding aggro it need to come at least around lvl 20 it makes holding aggro allot easier.

I agree with this and reflect this. This is an essential skill thats required much earlier, if not for the taunting but for the distance closing.
    edited February 2015
    Feedback
    Fun Fact the lightning enchantment works in extremely fun ways with VoE and party members attacking the mob will chain lightning to nerby targets and generate threat for the OP can you see were i am going this this and if you attack the mobs yourself you get double chains. And lightning enchant builds threat Its basically a fun way to turn VoE into a fun extremely high dmg AoE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    Feedback Lightning Enchantment skill interaction
    On the Subject Of Lightning Enchantment this particular enchantment has fun interactions with certian skills. It will proc on Each target effected By smite DoT it will proc on Binding Oath Any AoE except Blinding Light it will trigger On banish and arc to banished targets and targets the didn't get banished nearby but it will not do dmg to Banished targets. It dose not proc on Aura Of radiance or Vengence though it be to damned good if it did dat not wouldn't it. It will proc from vengeance aura only if a target is marked with VoE same goes for BL but not AoR also any targets caught in Divine Lunges AoE will proc a lightning chain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ameonneameonne Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG - Sanctuary
    Every use of Sanctuary place on allies Sanctuary buff that doesn`t expire and can be stacked.

Screen:
    bjPols9.jpg
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    No idea if this has already been posted (20+ pages), but...

BUG: The plate shirts and pants for level 20 and 40 - respectively, Detailed Plate Shirt/Gambeson & Pants/Trousers and Ornate Plate Shirt/Gambeson & Pants/Trousers - are GF-only and cannot be used by Paladins. (I presume the Platesmithing-crafted shields being *categorically* unusable by Palas is intented and the wieldable ones to be WIP.)
    edited February 2015
    It just hope the next 2 class feats were due to get can deal some dmg lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jwmousejwmouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited February 2015
    bardaaron wrote: »
    FEEDBACK: Maybe it gets harder at higher levels, but so far, my test pally chews through mobs. Burning Light is pretty good control, & can wipe out whole groups of the trash mobs at once, so I can focus on the brutes and so forth. While in the moment the long cooldown is irksome, I think shortening it would make it overpowered. Divine Call and Sanctuary combined make any other healing unnecessary. I am level 12 now, and so far have had to use a total of 2 healing potions when I got surrounded by multiple encounters. Anything else has been a breeze.

Wait till you hit lvl 70 and try to kill in WOD those immune beast took me over 5 mins to kill one their almost permanent immune cause you can not take them down fast enough
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe it gets harder at higher levels, but so far, my test pally chews through mobs. Burning Light is pretty good control, & can wipe out whole groups of the trash mobs at once,

FEEDBACK: Burning light was a good ability at lower levels, but I'm finding as I progress into the 20s, the damage is getting fairly mediocre and I'm finding myself fighting the trash mobs when it's done. The damage needs to scale better with level, so that it's at least consistent.
    I'm finding myself relying on my healer companion with his occasional usage of chains to take out the trash mobs.
    edited February 2015
    jwmouse wrote: »
    Wait till you hit lvl 70 and try to kill in WOD those immune beast took me over 5 mins to kill one their almost permanent immune cause you can not take them down fast enough

If you hope behind them and break there guard they dont take long to kill at all. If its taking people long to kill mobs i would suggest getting the renegade evoker companion the passive dose fantastic dmg and the companion itself is a power house if used right and you know how to hold aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Protection Paladin lvl 70 feedback

Well, I hit 60 last night with my OP, put on some crafted, epic lvl 60 gear ( still cant get over the fact that a green 61 is better than epic 60 ) and went to WoD. In WoD, scaled to 70, I had about 70k HP and around 7k base Power. The rest of my STATs were low except for DR which was OK ad Crit chance which was still good thanks to Wis+Cha. What became painfully obvious is that the Paladin struggles way too much vs the basic WoD mobs. They couldn't dent me but I took forever to drop them. This goes way out of my 'fun place' and enters my 'scrap this class' place. Waiting on the "dps" paragon for further testing.

PS: @voltomey - enough with the quotes and replies, this is a FEEDBACK thread, not a place for you to give advice and/or dispute other testers' game experience
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback

My OP is now L39 and basically invincible as I work my way through Vellosk. Templar's Wrath and Burning Light are great encounters still, although the CD on BL is a little long IMO. I can pull huge numbers of mobs and be in no danger whatsoever. However, DPS is starting to fall off and not least because I have lousy RI. OP gear seems to be lacking ArP and I'm struggling to build that statl. As I come up against mobs with significant DR this is causing my lacklustre DPS to fall even further.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I just went into WoD to check out those mobs for myself, lvl 70 OP with mostly lvl 61-64 gear except for a green lvl 70 main hand and arms, and I could barely scratch them. Which makes sense with lower level gear but I don't know if being properly geared for Wod and Tiamat would help enough.

Justice is going to need some good damage boosting options, even lower in the tree so healer and tank builds won't feel like they're doing no damage on their own. The OP can be fine dealing the least damage of all the classes, but let's at least close the gap.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    A quick comment on pallys
    In preview you have several classes that can now hit for 100k+ with an encounter. 50k+ with AE encounters. What does the pally hit for? 5k maybe?
    If this is the vision the devs have thats fine. High survivability very low dps, but, they have to compensate for this very low dps with damage buffs to the party, like the GF and DC have.
    If the pally is high survivability an agro magnet and a big force multiplier for the party they will have a spot.
    edited February 2015
    Bug:
    Vow Of Enimity
    I cant describe it in the right manner but this skill copy's the effect of any enchantment the user is wielding and puts it on the marked target. Any one attacking marked target will get the enchantment effect you are currently using say you using a P vorple any one attacking the marked target will crit with 50% more severity.This also works with enchantments Like lightning Transcendent terror and the AoE transcendent bilthorn poison enchantment. I don't think that's suppose to happen i could be wrong though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • johnwayne74johnwayne74 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I played the Paladin last night and levelled him him a bit. I must say, this is one of the most uninspired Paladins I've ever played in a fantasy game. The damage I'm doing is appalling bad right now. The damage numbers on some kfof these encounters have to be off, even when I was fighting the level 1 mobs it took longer than any other class to kill them. Awful
  • theshadowbreakertheshadowbreaker Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Divinity Call reflection
    It reflects damage after it was mitigated by our DR! It's being mitigated by our + enemy armor, more damage resistance you have less damage you reflect, it doesn't make sense. I am seeing reaaly low numbers with this reflection and 0 whenever I have shield from shield strike or feat. If devs fear about this giving us too much damage, just limit it to 2-3% max hit points but make it actualy do any damage on normal mobs. As it is this reflection only do any real damage (those 5% max HP) when pal is one-shotted (yep it truly can happen with 45% DR +10% Divine call + 10% aura of protection + 60% sanctuary, it seems armor penetration can negate it all). It looks like it was designed that pal will die before he would kill anything with it.

Bug: Binding Oath
    Same thing, more DR you have less damage you return to your atackers (of course 0 with shields and barrier), harder it is to get threat and mobs run away from you. Never got any meaningful damage from it. As it is this skill is completely useless on bulwark tree or any tanky paladin. You will get better agro control with any other damaging encounter (yes, even this hard taunt doesn't help here as mobs immediately run away from you after effect ends, you must chase them and from this moment you are completely dependent on hard taunts as you didn't build enough threat). I thought it was meant to help hold agro on bunker builds not suicide ones. Make it simple hard taunt with 10% reflection of "incoming" (before player DR mitigation) damage, don't store/lower any damage received and it should be ok. Easier to utilise (this release after x seconds is real pain to use), more natural and makes sense
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Did the Blinding Light or whatever its called get a damage nerf?

at 66 the ability seems to not be as awesome as it was lol
  • theshadowbreakertheshadowbreaker Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    Did the Blinding Light or whatever its called get a damage nerf?

at 66 the ability seems to not be as awesome as it was lol

You mean burning light? It wasn't nerfed but aura of courage was. It earlier gave damage bonus of 1.5% max HP on every tick, now it's 1% (+10% per point but don't know how calculated) so...

Feedback
    Devs should really take closer look how our damage looks without aura of courage. Turn it off and it is almost non-existent. As this aura is our main source of damage and it's flat +bonus damage it's only natural that players see that pal damage is getting worse and worse on higher lvls compared to other classes.
  • truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback
    Devs should really take closer look how our damage looks without aura of courage. Turn it off and it is almost non-existent. As this aura is our main source of damage and it's flat +bonus damage it's only natural that players see that pal damage is getting worse and worse on higher lvls compared to other classes.

This was recently posted in the GF thread.
    We are making some changes to Guardian fighter weapons (and by extension, Paladin weapons).

One Handed Sword/Maces: Damage of these weapons has been increased across the board. Overall the increase varies from place to place but in some places this equates to a 50% buff in weapon damage.

This should easily make up for the drop in damage that occurs after level 20 or so. It also boosts threat generation, though I have to admit I have no idea how well or poorly a Paladin can hold threat.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This should easily make up for the drop in damage that occurs after level 20 or so

Sorry to say but no. Our damage dont come from at wills or or encounters and atm its so small that 50% more weapon damage will hardly be noticed sadly.
    also boosts threat generation, though I have to admit I have no idea how well or poorly a Paladin can hold threat.

As if now not good after this we have to wait and check.
    edited February 2015
    The fate of this class probably hinges on the quality of the justice tree witch is quite sad if you ask me. But we need some serious dps boost here they gave us the bulwark Unkillable Absorption tank.

Feedback
    Speaking of Absorption are dmg reflecting ability's seem fudged by Absorption and dmg resistance i am like relfecting 0 dmg its just seems really off and its making me not like bulwark tree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback to reinterate:
    Yes the damage of this class is unsightly poor after about level 20. And without aura of courage its unimaginably bad.
  • literaryaceliteraryace Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I like this power a great deal (I'm level 47 currently), however I am not using it due to the annoying sound fx that go along with it. The horrible hissing noise is quite overwhelming, and if you use VoE a great deal in a big fight, it really gets on your nerves. At least it did me and my guildmate who were teamed up last night. Can you change this to something else, or maybe no sound at all?
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The fate of this class probably hinges on the quality of the justice tree witch is quite sad if you ask me. But we need some serious dps boost here they gave us the bulwark Unkillable Absorption tank.

Feedback
    Speaking of Absorption are dmg reflecting ability's seem fudged by Absorption and dmg resistance i am like relfecting 0 dmg its just seems really off and its making me not like bulwark tree.
    Someone elsewhere has reported that all OP reflect abilities function AFTER DR and absorption. Basically, you reflect damage taken rather than the damage dealt. So if you have high DR and/or shields up and take 0 damage you will reflect 0 damage.

Hopefully this is a bug...
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited February 2015
    Someone elsewhere has reported that all OP reflect abilities function AFTER DR and absorption. Basically, you reflect damage taken rather than the damage dealt. So if you have high DR and/or shields up and take 0 damage you will reflect 0 damage.

Hopefully this is a bug...

Yup i am using vengeance and its like not reflecting 45% of my weapon dmg like its says it should
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.