What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Oathbound Paladin

Comments

• Options
    truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Question - Does the Paladin have a class questline? HRs still don't have one (nor do dragonborn have race quests), though they did a decent job with the SW.

I haven't seen one on either of my Paladins. In fact, I was thinking that same question while leveling my second one.
  • Options
    lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Overall the pally seems pretty good thru 30 lvls. Most of the problems seems to be grfx glitches to be smoothed out.

A problem for PVE and a huge problem for PVP is that pallys have no ranged atk or way to get to ranged mobs/players. Every melee class has a way to get at ranged like lunging strike, sprint/leap, deftstrike/stealth.
    Pve mobs agro before the pally engages them and in pvp they will never catch a hr,cw or even a good sw or dc. Players will just hit them from range and wait out their sanctuary(kite) then its over.

Pally needs some kind of ranged atk. Smite right now is more like a slap, I would suggest changing it to a ranged atk that stuns and snares a grp of mobs/players for a few secs. Something like the pally throws his hammer or shield at his opponents legs knocking them down. (if your thinking that sounds alot like the WoW pally atk your right)
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I kinda feel like this power is too good. It's a 4 second "you can't do anything" button to anything that isn't control-immune
  • Options
    voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Bug:Force Of Will
    The Heroic feats takes 1% of the crit and get from charisma and puts it in the white base Crit stat instead of fully going to the green number to show how much crit chance you getting from stats and buffs it can be misleading and players mite think there missing 1 crit chance. There getting the ful crit chance the feat provides base on the charisma its just 1 point of its is stuck in the wrong place.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    franconiumfranconium Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Damage is off the scale!

I have just done the quest 'Sewer Crawl' at level 11 and one shot everything.

Below is part of Combat Log:

[2/6 11:38] [Combat (Self)] Your Radiant Strike deals 358457 (377125) Radiant Damage to Karr Nevrim.
    [2/6 11:38] [Combat (Self)] Your Aura of Courage deals 550207 (578861) Radiant Damage to Karr Nevrim.
    [2/6 11:38] [Quest Notify] "Kill Karr Nevrim" complete!
    [2/6 11:38] [Quest Notify] "Destroy the Nasher Holdouts" complete!
    [2/6 11:38] [Quest Notify] "Complete "Sewer Crawl"" complete!

@Franconium
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    franconium wrote: »
    Bug: Damage is off the scale!

I have just done the quest 'Sewer Crawl' at level 11 and one shot everything.

Below is part of Combat Log:

[2/6 11:38] [Combat (Self)] Your Radiant Strike deals 358457 (377125) Radiant Damage to Karr Nevrim.
    [2/6 11:38] [Combat (Self)] Your Aura of Courage deals 550207 (578861) Radiant Damage to Karr Nevrim.
    [2/6 11:38] [Quest Notify] "Kill Karr Nevrim" complete!
    [2/6 11:38] [Quest Notify] "Destroy the Nasher Holdouts" complete!
    [2/6 11:38] [Quest Notify] "Complete "Sewer Crawl"" complete!

@Franconium

This bug ist come from pally its come from SWs new feat Dark Revelry - When your Life Steal there is a chance to gain Revelry. Revelry increases the Move Speed and Power of nearby allies by 4/8/12/16/20% for 5 seconds.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well fun for a while but cant test anyting since lvl 60 when this started to happend (lvl 64 still there).

[Combat (Self)] Your Radiant Strike deals -2147483648 Radiant Damage to Giant Crab.
    [Quest Notify] "Kill the Giant Crab" complete!
    [Quest Notify] "Rescue the Sea Elves" complete!

Fun for other around me also it seams ....

[Combat (Other)] Malagar God of HR deals -2147483648 Physical Damage to Shoal Reaver with Split Shot.
    [Combat (Other)] Malagar God of HR deals -2147483648 Radiant Damage to Shoal Reaver with Aura of Courage.
    [Combat (Other)] Malagar God of HR deals -2147483648 Physical Damage to Waveshaper with Split Shot.
    [Combat (Other)] Malagar God of HR deals -2147483648 Radiant Damage to Waveshaper with Aura of Courage.7

Hardly from sw this bugg.....

Same in all zones btw 1 shotts everything including all dragons they go down in 1 hit....
  • Options
    edited February 2015

I miss my dmg at lvl 60 my white companion still do more dmg then me, and he have 190 power i have around 11000 power and i have arp too moderate 15 % he have none ,my dmg is around 100-400 both encounters and at-will w/o Aura of Courage.

Even with Aura of Courage my companion still do more dmg also he is immortal as i noticed cuz he steal 100% LS all time each time he hit he drain around 20-40 k hp. He dont suffer the chance to activate LS BUG?
    So both suvive and in dmg he beated my lvl 60 pally this isnt rigth i suppose to be a hero, and not worst then a "Z Category" white mercenary.

I feel my self a little stuck cuz after i entered the new zone each time i start the figth someone come near me and literally 1 shoot anything at sight.
    For me even the easyest group of mobs take 14-17 sec if i even have a chante to meet one ,w/o companion and Aura of Courage this time is up to even 40 -80 sec this is a joke .
    Also i noticed after 60 Augment commapnions are enemys for pally w/o my Owerpowered lich wayland wiz my time spending on dmg foes are almost twice.
    I cant even belive any paragon feat will help pally in those problems.
    Also i cant even belive any agro generation is helpfull to paladin cuz you cant replace 40-50.000 more dmg with 500% threat w/o hard taunts prot paladin will fail her job i tested it with my Lich companion he draw the agro from me too many times w/o hard taunt.

PS Important : Radiant Strike i vote for change it to ranged version cuz pally is the slowest char in the game and he dont have any pulling skill he need somting to change the ranged mobs mind to attack me instead of CW/ HR / SW / DC .
    Or make bane aoe skill and he must pull agro too and also have longer range .

You must give some req tools for pulling ranged mobs mostly becuz paldin is slow motion.

Gentlemancrush pls help us to make a better tank path cuz w/o any dmg NO number % bonus Therat is uslefull so pally do 70 dmg, but any class can do 20000-30000 dmg 70 x 500% is 350 this wont help ,and any threat bonus. Currently only hard taunt and Vow of Emnity can keep the agro on pally.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Hey guys, the stat curves are getting a second balancing pass. As a general rule of thumb now at level 70 all of your stats should be more competitive against each other.

As a soft rule, 400 Points in any stat is worth 1% of whatever it does (Deflect Rating into Deflect Chance for example).

Additionally, we are buffing the Cooldown Reduction portion of recovery to make it fall more in line with what its expected performance should be. Every 200 points will generate 1% shorter cooldowns (keep in mind that 100% CDR actually cuts your cooldowns in half).

I don't know yet when these changes will hit preview, but they should make statting a much simpler thing to do going forward.

I just noticed what if i have 16000 defense = 40% dr + 32 con + some AC from my armor +cloak+shild i will have 80% dr.
    This capped DR effect can have GF to.

Question : my GF have 80 % armor but before they reduce my enemy dmg there is my shild and reduce it agan by 80% .
    so i got from 200000 dmg "blocked" will got 20% = 40000 dmg then comes my 80 %dr will cut it down to 8000 dmg.

But what use have pallys tab or shift move ? After 80 % dr is capped ?
    Will they block the dmg as GF shild ? cuz if not then it is total usless
  • Options
    iguresaniguresan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG: If you're a TR on preview, and u respec your powers and feats you will be not able to put them back, so u will become stuck and without anything. Its not only me, 3 TRs from my guild having the same problem.
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2015
    Protector Paladin level 41

Templars wrath gives too much t.hp I get 8k just from hitting 5 people with it 300% is a little much. plus the combo of heroism would make me incredibly difficult to kill. Add in lay on hands even if you do get down to 1% hp bam to full then use wrath to get more t.hp which will get me more and more if i had a vorpal or even plaguefire and better power and weapon damage.

Cleansing touch- and again no animation when cast using this spell in scalefather hallow at the boss i stood in poison while every add was hitting me using only this skill and sanctuary for the entire fight and using only blinding light killed them all and only got to 24% hp and when that happened i layed on hands and continued on my merry way. Theres too much th.p and gives 7000 t.hp I dont think paladin needs this much. No other class has that level of T.hp. nor really needs it. The heal on it is fine where it is.

That's 15k t.hp -heroism.

Add in shielding strike and now they are hitting you less. In fact since I've gotten it enemies have been hitting me 0 so long as i keep striking them i dont know how much the actual shield is or how it will fare later especially with some of the defensive boons. They even crit 0 half the time on weak attacks. this ability would synergize well with barkshield and negation and many of the other powers like shield of faith.

Tbh i dont even wanna talk about how it will fare with a cleric.

Banishment- like hold person not sure if i like it because the time it takes is too long and the other mobs could be dead by the time this is over but it could be good for "skipping content" meaning this group of monsters just run past., Or an Oh #%^# button for the party.

cant really use this solo unless using it to avoid combat. can use in pvp to possibly save someones life I imagine. (love/hate tbh)

Smite- is still very weak only hits about 1k normal damage for the amount of effort it looks like the paladin uses on smite with a mace the damage doesnt look fierce enough at all and the dot is very low. compare to anvil of doom hits about 4-6k on my iron maiden 12-15k if they have less hp. 4-7k would be perfect whilst leaving the dot the same the new damage reduction is excellent however. This is implying level 60 and good gear and crit with sacred weapon.

Burning light- is even more useful now as it doubles healing for 4 seconds

Edit1- at level 46
    vow of emnity- a good mark like skill increases damage fairly well.
    would be good against bosses or elites if paladins damage were increased. makes soloing against elites more bearable
    and i like how it has no cooldown just a long effect till death.

cant comment on aggro from it yet.

using it my at wills go from 800-1000 to 1200-1400 with sacred weapon. with it smite crits for 2.3k judgement hits for 14k instead of 10k normal damage

Its not a grand increase but it would make for a good feat in order to improve it.

GFX-vow of emnity-seems to suffer the same problem that dread theft does i would suggest making the target glow purple slightly and the paladins mace glow purple instead of using the line.

I like the new animation for smite and the glow is helpful to remember who you hit (just need to reduce the size of the light as it blocks the enemy from view which is bad for avoiding damage) (Plus big enemies like the rime wolf turn into a big fireball) and divine call's allows the other classes to see that you are doing it now just for a cleansing animation to be finished and feats.

valorous strike seems faster. slightly.

Oath strike-makes sacred weapons oath bonus irrelevant with its own oath bonus.

still a fun class though enjoyable.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Protector Paladin level 41

Templars wrath gives too much t.hp I get 8k just from hitting 5 people with it 300% is a little much. plus the combo of heroism would make me incredibly difficult to kill. Add in lay on hands even if you do get down to 1% hp bam to full then use wrath to get more t.hp which will get me more and more if i had a vorpal or even plaguefire and better power and weapon damage.

I also see the warlock problem of killing flames since they have so much thp it will be useless on them same with tr's execution daily if the hp doesnt drop it doesnt get stronger.

Cleansing touch and again no animation when cast using this spell in scalefather hallow at the boss i stood in poison while every add was hitting me using only this skill and sanctuary for the entire fight and using only blinding light killed them all and only got to 24% hp and when that happened i layed on hands and continued on my merry way. Theres too much th.p and gives 7000 t.hp I dont think paladin needs this much. No other class has that level of T.hp. nor really needs it. The heal on it is fine where it is.

That's 15k t.hp -heroism.

Add in shielding strike and now they are hitting you less. In fact since I've gotten it enemies have been hitting me 0 so long as i keep striking them i dont know how much the actual shield is or how it will fair later. They even crit 0 half the time on weak attacks. this ability would synergize well with barkshield and negation and many of the other powers like shield of faith.

Banishment- like hold person not sure if i like it because the time it takes is too long and the other mobs could be dead by the time this is over but it could be good for "skipping content" meaning this group of monsters just run past. or you can use it to stop someone from getting on a node in pvp for the 4 seconds rendering them useless, or an Oh #%^# button for the party.

cant really use this solo. can use in pvp to save someones life I imagine. (love/hate tbh)

Smite- is still very weak only hits about 1k normal damage for the amount of effort it looks like the paladin uses on smite with a mace the damage doesnt look fierce enough at all and the dot is very low. compare to anvil of doom hits about 4-6k on my iron maiden 12-15k if they have less hp. 4-7k would be perfect whilst leaving the dot the same. This is implying level 60 and good gear.

All temp hp and healing effect is effected by Healing depression .
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Patch_NW.14.20140224a.7
    In addition to the introduction of tenacity, an additional effect; healing depression, has been added to the game. If a player has been struck by another player within the last 10 seconds, the potency of incoming healing and temporary hit points will be reduced by 50%.

The combined effect of these two additions is to reduce the occurrence of exceptionally short and exceptionally long PvP encounters, resulting in combat with a more normal length where strategy and player skill play a larger role.

Cleansing touch have X3 negative effect on it first you got half healing fom 7 will be 3500 from 3500 you will gain 1750 thp.

Templars wrath lets say you can ignore your enemy's total dr but then you will not have enugh power cuz pally dont have arp stat ,but lets say you can do this then you will hit in pvp mybe 3000 dmg from 3000 dmg you will gain 9000 Thp effected by Healing depression = 4500 too much ?

Lay on hand and heroism same storry but if you use those how will you kill ppl ?

Your soo called "shielding strike " is really slow at-will how will you manage it in pvp to build up it to rank 3 ?
    Also there is DCs astral shild in empowered mod he can consume ower 5000 dmg/ hit .
    But stack 3 can only consume 2000 - 2500 dmg this isnt soo much as you think .

My advice is hit first lvl 60 and test paladin at those lvls you will see the same terrible DPS as in lower lvls .
    And dont speculate on pvp w/o knowing hou pvp even works .
    By the way Banishment and all other CCs are also effected by tenacity stat.
    Paladin dont have quick prone quick skills also he is slow as hell .
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cleansing touch have X3 negative effect on it first you got half healing fom 7 will be 3500 from 3500 you will gain 1750 thp.

Templars wrath lets say you can ignore your enemy's total dr but then you will not have enugh power cuz pally dont have arp stat ,but lets say you can do this then you will hit in pvp mybe 3000 dmg from 3000 dmg you will gain 9000 Thp effected by Healing depression = 4500 too much ? idts

Lay on hand and heroism same storry but if you use those how will you kill ppl ?

Your soo called "shielding strike " is really slow at-will how will you manage it in pvp to build up it to rank 3 ?
    Also there is DCs astral shild in empowered mod he can consume ower 5000 dmg/ hit .
    But stack 3 can only consume 2000 - 2500 dmg this isnt soo much as you think .

My advice is hit first lvl 60 and thest paladin at those lvls you will see the same terrible DPS as in lower lvls .
    And dont speculate on pvp w/o knowing hou pvp even works .
    By the way Banishment and all other CCs are also effected by tenacity stat.
    Paladin dont have quick prone quick skills also he is slow as hell .

/agree
    /agree
    /agree

Now here comes to big if.. Dailys....
    If they dont nerf AP gain due to feat/boon/cloak/class skills etc i dont think it will be very had to spam heroism every 20-30 sec easy.

Now if you have 80k+ hp and get with healing dep 40k every 20-30 sec being with help of again class mechanics more or less cc immune 90% of the time while spamming more temp hp from encunter + here comes the team part 40% extra dam on some + if you feat for it 30% extra from yourself.

Now you do have a daily that can sugger punch some at lets say about 50% health so even if you dont put out dps yourself if they cant heal due to new regg life steal change you will slowly wear anybody down more or less and when they are on low hp bam daily with +70% damage if not more due to class feats also.

But its still all in theory and need to be tested. I do see a side of the Paladin that can become a major pain in pvp - not by himself but in a team. Tr hate aoe damage and done right I think Pal can be a pain remember we havent seen path feats yet so who knows.

All in all lvling a pal from 10(cheated with some books) to 61 I dident use potions once. I ran though everyhing from lvl 30 training all mobs i could on me never once was i near to die.

But 2 thinks stand out - low damage like no tomorrow and slow as a turtle stuck in the barrel if facing fast moving targets......
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    New patch notes:
    Oathbound Paladin
    Updated Animation timing FX and Audio for Paladin powers including Valorous Strike and Smite.

Something is still off about Smite, not as egregious before but still "feels" wrong.

Thanks for giving us an animation for pre-30 Divine Call.
  • Options
    gothzilla138gothzilla138 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG: Divine Action grants no bonus AP.

BUG:Sanctuary rarely works and even when it's animation works (glowing circle and all) still being effected by CC.

BUG:Smite's sound and animation are extremely out if sinc with each other. Also the animation, sound or both don't occur, you just stand there and then the cooldown clock appears on the Smite tooltip icon.

BUG: Aura of Truth. No Icon appears next to OP's portrait, nor those of party members, to indicate it is effecting you and/or them. Not sure if this is on purpose. Even if it is only supposed to appear next to enemies health bars, having it not under my portrait made me wonder if it was working properly.

BUG: Paladin's hand and part of arm clip right through the shield when held in front of him.

FEEDBACK: I so far (lvl 24) love the Paladin. My old GF was just a Paladin wannabe, waiting for his true class to appear. I assume the Divine Call meter is just a place holder, if not that's a problem. While I love having Maces, because I love maces and hammers and honestly am not a super sword fan, I agree that Paladins use swords, and would like to see it as an option, also how can a mace be transmuted to a sword, swords are for GF's and I thought you couldn't transmute something to look like another item if your class can't use said item? I hope we will not be sharing GF skins when this goes live. If the pattern from before follows through then we should get our own armour skins, there are 3 leather wearing classes who don't share skins, and for some reason GWF wear scale mail but are confused by how to put on chain mail! If shared skins happens then I would like my TR to be able to wear HR and SW stuff, (because TR gear is awful looking).
    Even when it is working well I am not a fan of Sanctuary, it doesn't feel Paladin-y. That's what the Cleric should have gotten. Paladins charge the monster bravely, full of righteous valor, not slowly and cautiously move toward it with his weapon raised like a holy symbol. Alot of the Paladin feels like someone said "Ooh, I know how we should have done Clerics, doh! Oh well make it a Paladin instead" While I get that they are being touted as a support class, paladins are frontline warriors of goodness, even if they are intended to be a support character in this game, they shouldn't feel like support characters. Paladins boldly charge the foe, not support the guy who valiantly charges the foe. As I said I love the Paladin so far, but part of that is because I really dislike the way a DC plays and hoped it would be more like this. I like but I'm not sure it's actually a Paladin, It's a Crusader Cleric, a Warpriest.

If paladins are still going to have Maces, please change the swift slicing sound of Smite to something that sounds like a mace, or a gong, or even something holy sounding, the slicing sound does not fit at all.

OK thanks for reading if you did.
    Slainte
  • Options
    highjusticarhighjusticar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    I have noticed this as well. Doing the Linkletter mission, Dorothea will knock me on my butt every time no matter how many times I put up Sanctuary. I have also noticed it being a bit wonkey in when and if it activates.
  • Options
    paragon42100paragon42100 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, I have my Paladin up to L49 so far. I am really looking forward to the Paragon path feats.

Bug: Divine Call - Before the last patch, this ability would not activate once in a while. Since the last patch, I have been getting a failure to activate at least 3-4 times more often.

Feedback: Smite & Templar's Wrath - Please give these two abilities different icons.

Suggestion: Witch the number of Aura's you have given us, please give us the ability to create ability set for the action bar and the means of switching between them easily; perhaps make such sets switchable via hot keys.

The Paladin, as it is currently, is way overpowered, just as pretty well every new class has been since vanilla NWO. Don't worry, Cryptic will nerf them into the group come Chapter 7. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Bug
    Aura Of Divinity when combined with Bond Heals heals enemy's and can be Deflected By allies:

Feedback
    The paladin for the first 50 LvLs or so is slow and steady witch is good But then it evolves into a powerhouse as it gains more of the power stats with and even with the Power stat Curve there healing scales to well with it for certain skills and feats ..

Feedback
    The Skills Templars Wrath and Smite need a Buff for the Devotion Path they feel Under welcoming and the Temp Hp given buy Templars wrath in protection mode is Ridiculous so much so that by the time mobs have burned though it its ready to cast again not to mention you have a 1 shot heal daily to fall back on for LoLS. Smites dmg in protector is ok its AoE could use a lil more loving this skill in devotion however it is totaly useless the HoT is slow and dose not amount to anything even when you have BoV Up and running.

Feedback
    Bond Of Virtue should not be a toggle skill with out some kinda of a upkeep cost thats all i have to say about that skill other then that its fine as is. Divine Touch Protector Needs a DMG increase the shield it apply's is not even noticeable. But in Devotion This skill is essential with just crappy gear and 4k power can heal you and each member of your party for 8k or more each i have healed my self for a grand total over 50k in a single shot from this skill and crit heal even more the healing needs to be toned down this healing is further boosted with Bond UP. In short some skill suck in Devotion path But are powerhouses in protection Path and Vice versa.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    voltomey wrote: »
    The paladin for the first 50 LvLs or so is slow and steady witch is good But then it evolves into a powerhouse as it gains more of the power stats with and even with the Power stat Curve there healing scales to well with it for certain skills and feats ..

Feedback
    The Skills Templars Wrath and Smite need a Buff for the Devotion Path they feel Under welcoming and the Temp Hp given buy Templars wrath in protection mode is Ridiculous so much so that by the time mobs have burned though it its ready to cast again not to mention you have a 1 shot heal daily to fall back on for LoLS. Smites dmg in protector is ok its AoE could use a lil more loving this skill in devotion however it is totaly useless the HoT is slow and dose not amount to anything even when you have BoV Up and running.

I am concerned about the balance between devotion and protection pallies.

Prot Pallies will get 7k+ more power than devo pallies via Oath of Protection, so the devs have to be very careful about over-nerfing base damage of damage spells and auras - or devo pallies will take forever to solo quests, tickling their foes while being unkillable. And all players should be able to solo quests and dailies.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    paladin feels OP in questing, but well need to see how they work in PvP and Dungeons.

atm its easier to run 61+ quests as paladin in green trash than on lvl 70 gwf with 19.5k gs
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I entered Underscar (iirc) mini-dungeon in Helm's Hold as a 31 lvl protector paladin with 24 item level wearing greens with no enchantments. I unsummoned my companion and ran through the entire instance straight to the boss and my HP didn't dropped below 80% even once. I cleared that room within a minute.

Templar's Wrath's protector bonus (300%) should be toned down to at least 100%.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    highjusticarhighjusticar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    Question: Has anyone noticed the feat, Light's Shield, do anything? I have two points into it and so far I have not noticed my DR change on my character sheet?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Has anyone noticed the feat, Light's Shield, do anything? I have two points into it and so far I have not noticed my DR change on my character sheet?

It works it just dosent show it in the stats sheet same with the class feat that gives DR. Same thing happens with HR lone Wolf class feat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    banegrivmbanegrivm Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Except heroism is not the skill in question Templars Wrath is and its ten times more effeciant then heroisum at giving you temp AP one reason why is cause its not a daily power second is cause it gives you Temporary HP based On how much dmg you did with it and the final nail on the coffin is that the skill hit every thing with in its range. And When its crits all the dmg you did is given back to you as temporary HP and its a pretty monstrous amount. It need to have the amount lowered to 100% or have a set number of enemy's it can hit or both but one has to happen it also need a recharge time increase cuss all that temporary HP with a spamable skill is ludicrous

Maybe it's me but I thought Templar's Wrath had a cooldown on it.
    Banegrivm Shadowblight
    Sovereign Lord of the 1st Fist of Light
    Global Handle: @Marshal_Valor
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    banegrivm wrote: »

Around 10 seconds, which is short enough to be able to use again before your 30k+ Temporary HP run out. And you have Heroism to fill in any gaps that might appear. And shields that reduce the damage you take by a significant margin.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    banegrivm wrote: »

-_- ITS CD can be lowered to about 11 seconds with Aura of wisdom other then that it has a 13.7 Second CD The Sheer Amount Of temporary HP it gives makes its CD to a none factor because by the time a mob or mobs have burned though it its already back up and Running and in any case your gonna be spamming it any way because its mass AoE dmg in combo with burning Light. Here case in point i can tank 4 heroic event mobs with out a healer companion or ever using a potion due to the vast amount of Temp HP it gives and because they cant burn me down before the 13 sec CD is up they cant touch my HP perioid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    -_- ITS CD can be lowered to about 11 seconds with Aura of wisdom other then that it has a 13.7 Second CD The Sheer Amount Of temporary HP it gives makes its CD to a none factor because by the time a mob or mobs have burned though it its already back up and Running and in any case your gonna be spamming it any way because its mass AoE dmg in combo with burning Light. Here case in point i can tank 4 heroic event mobs with out a healer companion or ever using a potion due to the vast amount of Temp HP it gives and because they cant burn me down before the 13 sec CD is up they cant touch my HP perioid.

Realistically, I feel like they could entirely solve this problem by simply cutting the Temp HP amounts in half. They'll still be powerful and difficult to hurt, but not ridiculous. At least for Prot Pallies
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    harnel wrote: »
    Realistically, I feel like they could entirely solve this problem by simply cutting the Temp HP amounts in half. They'll still be powerful and difficult to hurt, but not ridiculous. At least for Prot Pallies

Yes maby 100% or 150% But on the other side of the coin the Templar's wrath for devotion paladins sucks so bad its not funny the paladin atm is very OP but also feel lopsided in some of its skill choices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2015
    suggestions about t.hp and low damage: take 100% from wrath and scatter the difference into damage abilities to keep a check and balance.

-not into the daily.

because i cant really see any reason any paladin would ever need that much t.hp every 10 seconds or so.

theres just too much protection and thp.

ive been playing without wrath and its true i dont need it.

if there are any t.hp feats they would never go away. make a reduction and reconstitute it with feats so every paladin doesnt have thousands of temp hp.

level 52 and i feel like i could face tank valindra.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    thousands of temp hp.

More like tens, potentially hundreds, of thousands of temp HP. I get over 30k using the freebie weapon from the Drowned Shore without any enchants or buffs. A fully decked out Paladin with a party providing buffs should easily get 100k THP out of a single use of this power. That just ain't right.
This discussion has been closed.