Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Oathbound Paladin

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    yatzolyatzol Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The people saying paladins are op an canjust stand in the middle of 10 mobs an take no damage have not actually tested the class
  • Options
    felixkamfelixkam Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yatzol wrote: »
    The people saying paladins are op an can just stand in the middle of 10 mobs an take no damage have not actually tested the class

They can during the levelling process, but once the enemies start hitting harder like in the lvl 70 dungeons, they can't do much. Like most other classes they just die from getting hit by pretty much anything instead.
    Personal Projects - Check out my take on these D&D classes for Neverwinter:
    Complete:
    - The Monk - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?865991-The-Monk-A-Relatively-Detailed-Proposal-for-a-New-Class

Under Work:
    - The Primal Totemist
    - The Wild Sorcerer
    - The Summoning Binder
  • Options
    yatzolyatzol Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Awsome man : ) ^^^^
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Cleansing Touch: I like how this power works, however it doesn't appear to work as described. Please don't change it to work as described, just change the description so it matches what the power does.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    krazyrkrazyr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, if I am reading the patch notes for tomorrows list correctly, I do not believe that the pally that was on test is what is going live.

I do not see all of the aura's listed. The low level "Ice Knife", aka Divene Judgement, a good source of damage is no longer an "Ice Knife" and is now: Divine Judgment: For 20 seconds you and all allies within 30' deal bonus radiant damage each time they cast a spell or attack a foe.

I really wonder just how different they are going to be and if everything we have tested was just place holders....

OR I could be reading it completely wrong and it will be just like it was on test.

Anyone else wonder if the test was a tease?
  • Options
    rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Divine Judgement is definitely different now, and the level 60 and 65 Aura's are completely different.

Here's the Aura's on preview right now:

Aura of Valor: Allies within 30' at below 40% HP cause you to generate 100% more threat. This effect stacks.

Aura of Solitude: When no allies are within 30' you deal 12% more damage and healing.

And here's what they've got on the patch notes:

Aura of Haste:
    You and allies within 30' move 20% faster and generate AP 20% faster.

Aura of the Templar: You and allies within 30' have 5% more crit and have 15% more critical severity.

I'd consider this an upgrade overall, especially since (IIRC) companions counted as allies which kind of negated Solitude for those with augment pets.

Templar's Wrath's temp HP with Protection is suddenly 15% instead of 300%.

And check out Vow of Enmity, this is new: Once a target has been marked by Vow, subsequent casts of this power cause the Paladin to unleash a brutal strike on that target.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • Options
    krazyrkrazyr Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    So... Paladin testing on the live server?

That is what I am thinking... Do I not see our gap closer or have my eyes blurred and I need to go to sleep....
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    300% Temp HP from Templar's Wrath was way too much, but 15% is waaaaaay too little. I wonder if that's a sign that OP damage is getting some kind of bump up. I sure hope so.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    All I can say is I saw it coming. Ive known Cryptic for awhile, this is just like them.

Templar's Wrath '300% temp HP' - this was the only reason I had for rolling a Protector Paladin.

yep, I'm probably going to go with a healing Paladin now.
  • Options
    platinumsavageplatinumsavage Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well, as the paladin has a shield, should he/she not be able to block with it?
    it's kinda bugging me, that I can't block with my shield as paladin, the sanctuary is awesome, but not being able to block with a shield up does not make sense.
    that is pretty much all I would say you should change about the paladin, other than that, they're awesome :D
  • Options
    dragnelligna11dragnelligna11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i think paladin class does not overpowered...paladin's skills is more than give an or multiple enemy pure damage....but we have to see, that so many debuff and buffs on almost all skills that paladin have ,start from at-will, daily till encounter.....eventough u have a small power to deal some damage, u will always almost deal a large damage because of all that debuff and buffs.....for example some of at-will is giving u a buff "armor penetration" for every single attack....and the other like valorious strike, "damage resistant" per hit.......( sorry for my english)
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well, as the paladin has a shield, should he/she not be able to block with it?
    it's kinda bugging me, that I can't block with my shield as paladin, the sanctuary is awesome, but not being able to block with a shield up does not make sense.
    that is pretty much all I would say you should change about the paladin, other than that, they're awesome :D

You do block, but you don't block damage directly (though I do get amusement out of healing faster than the damage I'm taking), you block prone and similar cc effects (but not pushes strangely).
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You do block, but you don't block damage directly (though I do get amusement out of healing faster than the damage I'm taking), you block prone and similar cc effects (but not pushes strangely).

Just FYI: Push/knockback is not 'officially' considered cc, though complaints about that in PvP have caused the Devs to make immunity also create immunity for pushes and knickknacks.

As for the Paladin experience so far: I'm completely loving it. I kept bouncing between DC and GF over the last couple years because: no Paladin. My Neverwinter enjoyment is now complete. Ranking a Devotion path right now and when he hits 70 Imagonna roll a Protection version next. Re-leveling all over again is fresh and fun.
This discussion has been closed.