test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control Wizard Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    RE: Eye of the Storm

Just so we can put this on a level playing field, on live Conduit of Ice and Steal Time currently have a chance to proc EotS PER HIT instead of per cast, like a normal encounter. Every "tick" of ST counts as an encounter, so against 5 mobs, that's 15 chances to proc EotS. That's why a single casting of ST or CoI is almost guaranteed to proc EotS. The reason Spellstorms are seeing such high uptime on live, versus on test is because of a bug, not because of a nerf. If this was fixed, you wouldn't have nearly the uptime on EotS that you think you should have.

And remember, prior to Module 2, EotS had an ICD of 30 seconds, with an 8 second uptime. Now we're seeing it reverted to almost the exact same state, 25 second ICD 6 second uptime.

Just trying to keep this apples to apples here.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    dingleberrytruthdingleberrytruth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    RE: Eye of the Storm

Just so we can put this on a level playing field, on live Conduit of Ice and Steal Time currently have a chance to proc EotS PER HIT instead of per cast, like a normal encounter. Every "tick" of ST counts as an encounter, so against 5 mobs, that's 15 chances to proc EotS. That's why a single casting of ST or CoI is almost guaranteed to proc EotS. The reason Spellstorms are seeing such high uptime on live, versus on test is because of a bug, not because of a nerf. If this was fixed, you wouldn't have nearly the uptime on EotS that you think you should have.

And remember, prior to Module 2, EotS had an ICD of 30 seconds, with an 8 second uptime. Now we're seeing it reverted to almost the exact same state, 25 second ICD 6 second uptime.

Just trying to keep this apples to apples here.

Your reply sort of reminds me of customer service. Textbook replies but never reading the context ultimately frustrating both parties. Prior to mod 2, CWs were i stress on MERELY sing bots. Would you imply that was a representation of what a CW should be?

Secondly, never have I said that EoTs in its current form is balanced in anyway which I emphasised quite repeatedly, but not enough according to your reply.

Many agree that nerfs are in order but NOT in the form of ICD.

Let's just assume that CoI and Steal time proc mechanics are not a bug and working as intended, as it has been such since MOD 2, what we view as CW being OP is inclusive of said mechanics. Yet many don't draw the differentiation when deciding to nerf the class/paragon's overall damage.

But let's take your reply at face value. Wouldn't fixing CoI and Steal time be the way to go instead of introducing, heavenly bodies forbid, ICDs?

@Devs

Do consider that in Mod2/3, MoFs were chosen less because of Spellstorm's evident superiority. And that rests solely on EoTs.

With an ICD of any sorts on EoTs, most cws worth their salt would disregard this passive's existence. Assume the absence of this passive, what would be the motivation to pick Spellstorm over MoF?
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    1. Glad to see the change with freeze. Will make freeze much more beneficial in PVE.

2. PVE - Devastated to see nightmare wizardry moving further into the renegade tree, but I understand with the double dipping. However as a CW, combat advantage isn't exactly easy to obtain without this feat. The extra damage from combat advantage (nightmare wizardry) helps the CW the most when having to take care of the army of adds. Again, if we loose control and can't kill them fast enough, we die very easy.

Sadly as of right now, the bottom row of renegade is pretty much useless for SS PVE.

Energy recovery is really ???. I use chilling cloud and even that is no where a desirable feat, let alone wasting 5 points on. That's what lifesteal is for. (PVE)

Unrestrained chaos, well no one uses maelstrom.

Reaper's touch, is possibility, since I zip around a lot, but still for 5 points, I'd rather use it for something that provides a constant or guaranteed buff.

Chilling advantage.. well there are some other class features that could be slotted for better dps, primarily storm spell and evocation with the current changes on preview.

3. Makes renegade slightly appealing, though the name of the tree isn't exactly fitting.

No worries mate, you just have to dungeon with GFs and GWFs so you can do your job ( you know -> to control )without having to "take care" of an army of adds
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    First, you'd have to find a GF. Then, they'd have to figure out how to kill an army of adds.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    No worries mate, you just have to dungeon with GFs and GWFs so you can do your job ( you know -> to control )without having to "take care" of an army of adds

I'm not even sure if you play a CW but at the current state of the game, anything we touch becomes aggro and follows us around like glue. GF's currently can't hold aggro. Hate to disappoint you, but I still do group finder, not just pre-fabricated pugs. That means I do play with GF's and DC's.

Plus I'm not sure what you're implying? What do you want us to control if in your mind the tank is running around with adds?
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    akeel3 wrote: »
    Hi ...with repect to all openion above..so far i m here coz there nerf CW ....1st of all i was on preview i tried it ...for me it wasnt good and not funny only nerfing thats it
    and 2nd thing if u want to make other class useffull go and make them better not nerfing CW every time to push player ...pick other classes
    ... i can also keep complain about TR in pvp coz he hit every 1 and no 1 can see him ...so i i say to DEVs i dont like the new nerf and u should work on other idea (make other classes better ) and I SAW TO ANY CW WRITE UR OPENEION ABOUT IT IF U R PLAY CW AS DPS. and if the nerf keep it on i ll stop playing this game...we playing the game for fun dont make it not funny with those nerfing (i supose to do Dps with any class there if i choose the right gears ..for ppl that saying CW too OP then u can say other classs r too low

beside that CC they talking about its realy not logical---CC 8 with singul...instead thatn 15 !!! how that more CC
    i m saying it clearly (I vote NO FOR THAT nerfing---or they can give us a token to be Rouge or other classed insead of paying money to kep respecing)
    Thanks

I would have agree with you when it started, when they where just speaking of nerf the class in every aspect. Now 70% at least of the change that are in first page have been changed.

My actual build is probably what is affected the most, i was counting of debuf spell from ice conduct that doesn't exist anymore, my pvp set that i was using to get the tab with ice conduct proc more and have is time proc same as lighting is become garbage because well no more debuf + time change + well now shield for pvp is now a really interresting option. But i have to say that the change done may not so bad as it seems.

Yes we loose massive dps and even i'm not sure that without a real big gear equip this way of playing will remain.
    But on opposite we gain some alternate play that are become playable (was not the case when it begin) and we get some option. Also for pvp part we are become much more competitive due to defense gain.

Personnaly if i have to regret something at the actual state is the lost of control. i mean the new power from thauma way is a random, while the actual is completly controled by me.

if i do not count bug problem (I,m waiting the next update to try a big test), I'm waiting to test assailant in pvp to see if the /2 on player is not too much.

Since the lost of debuf + the shield up power i would also personnaly reup at will damage to be more competitive .

After well i'm checking mostly troll from other class on forum that come here without playing this class and asking for nerf-nerf nerf to simply get there own class a god like class in every aspect (some GF player that i would not name). Why, well simply because i personnaly think that the actual build of CW is actually on a tiny line between beeing interesting and equilibrate class vs a garbage class. Why ? because we can have good controle or DPS not both, we also can have a correct defense but mean we sacrifie control or dps depending of the way we are.
  • Options
    lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I dont really think moving nightmare is to "help" renegade tree, I think its to move it out of range from the other 2 trees.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    lococatt91 wrote: »
    I dont really think moving nightmare is to "help" renegade tree, I think its to move it out of range from the other 2 trees.

From previous feedback in this thread, people have asked nightmare wizardry to be moved to make the tree more "attractive" by making it renegade exclusive. That was my take on it anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if there were other motives as well.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    abaddon i don't know if the fact that nightmare wizardry moved so other trees canno't access it is a so big loss of damage. i haven,t tested it with spellplague enchant so i don't know if the damage still have chance to crit each time . By the way as far as i count it with let say a 40% chance crit it can proc only once every 12-13 spell. As the base damage given by combat advantage is 10%. it's not given more than what 1.5% of medium damage. Since you still have chance to have combat advantage by moving with other player. it probably give a little bit less in reality. it have to be tested in dongeon by i'm not sure impact is that big. on the opposite if you want to build a pvp player being able to get some regen ability may help a lot and especially since the at will spell have being so damaged and is hard to get even a usefull one. (of course that only be good for pvp).

Where on other way for renegade tree is bad it's because you put both nightmare wizardry and phantasmal destruction on the same lvl while they are supposed to be complementary
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sygfried94 wrote: »
    abaddon i don't know if the fact that nightmare wizardry moved so other trees canno't access it is a so big loss of damage. i haven,t tested it with spellplague enchant so i don't know if the damage still have chance to crit each time . By the way as far as i count it with let say a 40% chance crit it can proc only once every 12-13 spell. As the base damage given by combat advantage is 10%. it's not given more than what 1.5% of medium damage. Since you still have chance to have combat advantage by moving with other player. it probably give a little bit less in reality. it have to be tested in dongeon by i'm not sure impact is that big. on the opposite if you want to build a pvp player being able to get some regen ability may help a lot and especially since the at will spell have being so damaged and is hard to get even a usefull one. (of course that only be good for pvp).

Where on other way for renegade tree is bad it's because you put both nightmare wizardry and phantasmal destruction on the same lvl while they are supposed to be complementary

You're badly underestimating the damage contribution of Nightmare Wizardry. First, Combat Advantage is a 15% damage bonus (not 10%), plus a charisma bonus, plus any combat advantage boosting you may have from artifacts or companion bonuses.

Here's a breakdown of how it is calculated:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?685601-Game-mechanics-Guide-to-damage-tenacity-reisistance-and-debuffs-in-Neverwinter&p=8376551&viewfull=1#post8376551

You can gain up to 40% damage from combat advantage with the right build.

Triggering is no problem whatsoever if you are using abilities that apply damage over time. One cast of Conduit of Ice can hit 5 enemies 7 times = 35 hits. If you trigger eye of the storm, then use CoI, that's 35 crits that can trigger nightmare wizardry. Icy Terrain works the same. It's a big loss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    You're badly underestimating the damage contribution of Nightmare Wizardry. First, Combat Advantage is a 15% damage bonus (not 10%), plus a charisma bonus, plus any combat advantage boosting you may have from artifacts or companion bonuses.

Here's a breakdown of how it is calculated:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?685601-Game-mechanics-Guide-to-damage-tenacity-reisistance-and-debuffs-in-Neverwinter&p=8376551&viewfull=1#post8376551

You can gain up to 40% damage from combat advantage with the right build.

Triggering is no problem whatsoever if you are using abilities that apply damage over time. One cast of Conduit of Ice can hit 5 enemies 7 times = 35 hits. If you trigger eye of the storm, then use CoI, that's 35 crits that can trigger nightmare wizardry. Icy Terrain works the same. It's a big loss.

ok i read it clearly because things you are saying weren't going with test i made a couple of month just before v3 (i trade nightmare wizardry with the second t4 power and ended with elemental empowerement and got the result as getting more damage in dongeon than with nightmare wizardry. the test were old test so maybe not up to date. As far as i saw over time spell do not crit multiple time on same target, if you launch it a target if you crit in the launch all damage are crit but you get only one crit count, same if damage are not crit, all following damage will not be crit. PS if you hit multi target it will be the same for the over time damage but intial shot are independant for crit per target.

second point nightmare wizardry only apply in one target so that also may explain the result of my test.
    last point but maybe value change when i checked on my character on that time CA was giving 10% damage (and no char bonus). ps i hadn't bonus from equip at that time

So for me if you strike infinite time 5 target, each target will individually have around 8% chance (with 40% crit) to individualy get CA on them. So after depending of the real value to count bonus added + also the fact that with an other player you still can get CA if both of you are not too far from target. it for best of the best case with full CA bonus and the way you count it 4% medium damage.

and honestly for damage value i honestly make some doubt on it especially for char part. I'm practicaly sure that CA have different value and work depending of classe you play (for simple CA bonus maybe CHar for some class but not for other). but here i need to check it this evening when i will be at home

Ps i also count 40% chance crit to be more in the change of the new work of ye of the storm
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    There are several very lackluster feats. With Nightmare Wizardry gone I look at the feat tree and think "well I have 10 points to spend...I guess I'll put them in ______. Not that it will help much." Things like Severe Reaction, Brisk Transport, Energy Recovery, Unrestrained Chaos, and Reaper's Touch are a pu-pu platter of useless feats that people are going to be stuck choosing from.

Sadly I can't take those points and put them into the heroic tree where I can find things more useful. Those listed feats are that bad.

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ok i read it clearly because things you are saying weren't going with test i made a couple of month just before v3 (i trade nightmare wizardry with the second t4 power and ended with elemental empowerement and got the result as getting more damage in dongeon than with nightmare wizardry. the test were old test so maybe not up to date. As far as i saw over time spell do not crit multiple time on same target, if you launch it a target if you crit in the launch all damage are crit but you get only one crit count, same if damage are not crit, all following damage will not be crit. PS if you hit multi target it will be the same for the over time damage but intial shot are independant for crit per target.

second point nightmare wizardry only apply in one target so that also may explain the result of my test.
    last point but maybe value change when i checked on my character on that time CA was giving 10% damage (and no char bonus). ps i hadn't bonus from equip at that time

So for me if you strike infinite time 5 target, each target will individually have around 8% chance (with 40% crit) to individualy get CA on them. So after depending of the real value to count bonus added + also the fact that with an other player you still can get CA if both of you are not too far from target. it for best of the best case with full CA bonus and the way you count it 4% medium damage.

and honestly for damage value i honestly make some doubt on it especially for char part. I'm practicaly sure that CA have different value and work depending of classe you play (for simple CA bonus maybe CHar for some class but not for other). but here i need to check it this evening when i will be at home

Ps i also count 40% chance crit to be more in the change of the new work of ye of the storm

This is from a parse on the preview server of a run through Temple of Spiders. The group was me (a CW), 2 SW's, A GWF, and a DC. The total kill count for all members in the party was 334. Nightmare Wizardy procced 208 times during that run. That means approximately 62% of the enemies in that dungeon died while the group was doing 20-30% more damage to them from Combat Advantage just from Nightmare Wizardry. Now, maybe the bosses had it hit them more than once, but there were probably lots of other enemies that died too quickly for it to be applied. So the numbers aren't exact. Nonetheless, that should give you an idea that it procs a whole lot and significantly contributes to individual and party damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    The bright side is Thaum can now take 3 feats that beef up Chilling Cloud ( 1 from thaum tree) (2 from Renegade tree)
  • Options
    sapdragonsapdragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ignore this post, see below :)
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sapdragon wrote: »
    Just wanted to post this here first, before i go to the other thread, but what have other people found in regards to:

Conduit of Ice: This power now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .98 seconds).
    Conduit of Ice: This power has had its recharge time reduced to 13 seconds (down from 18 seconds).
    Conduit of Ice: This power has had its damage reduced by roughly 33%.

Fanning the Flame: This power now takes 1.5 seconds to fire (up from .6 seconds).
    Fanning the Flame: This power has had its recharge time increased to 22 seconds (up from 15 seconds).

I've found these fire up times way to long. I'm going to talk from a PvP point of view, as right now i use FtF on TAB, CoI, IR/IT/RoE + EF. By increasing the times of these two powers, it has made getting a full rotation up, especially vs GF charging, HR roots, TR silence and GWF, impossible. It's going to take 3 seconds to get through 2 powers, that is assuming i don't get interrupted - which barely ever happens or i have to teleport away stopping the cast.

With CoI losing it's damage mitigation (for thaum), plus 33% damage reduction, basically means it isn't the #1 option anymore, but i don't even know if it'll be rotation plausible come Mod4 for PvP period.

FtF will also basically be useless and out of the rotation, as there will be better options then a 22 second cooldown 1.5 second fire up skill (remembering that off mastery it DOES NOT add smoulder, and on mastery it DOES NOT benefit from the PvP set bonus). It will mean that MoF CWs will have to rely on crit (via cc) to add smoulder, or have to forgo using ray of frost (again this is pvp related).

It seems to me that for PvP purposes, Shield will be the new must have, followed by IT.
    CoI's casting time has been changed to 1 second. Damage reduced by 17%.

FtF's casting time has been changed to 1 second. Damage reduced by 33%.

Please see this patch note.

We really need these info be updated so that players won't be confused.
  • Options
    sapdragonsapdragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    CoI's casting time has been changed to 1 second. Damage reduced by 17%.

FtF's casting time has been changed to 1 second. Damage reduced by 33%.

Please see this patch note.

We really need these info be updated so that players won't be confused.

Oh ****, how did i miss this? I scour the CW changes thread often, and didn't even see those changes -.-

Thanks for this.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    sapdragon wrote: »
    Oh ****, how did i miss this? I scour the CW changes thread often, and didn't even see those changes -.-

Thanks for this.

Go here. It's an updated list of all the CW changes. I made it specifically because it's such a pain to try and keep track of changes as they happen.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?708161-Updated-list-of-Changes-for-Control-Wizard-s-in-Module-4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I'd like a nerfed feat that procs off of any form of damage, does 400% weapon damage, ignores dr and apparently has no icd too, but I guess we're stuck with our own classes, right? ;)
    but let's go back on topic.

Do you even have a wizard. You are just whining cause you have to actually fight now.

All you've done is compliment the nerfs and complain about the buffs. I don't see any evidence you even have a geared wizard or that you've tested a nerfed wizard.

You don't even understand how the wizard's tree works.

Go back to your own forum rogue troll.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Did you even read the past posts before that one? you think I said that just out of the blue? Also judging by your past posts the only troll I see here is you.
    Also I'm a whisperknife non perma rogue, so believe me, I have always been fighting.
    Also I love that you think that others can only give their opinion on a class if they have a lv 60 well geared of that class. If tomorrow you see a post where they say that shocking execution will always make 100k damage to everyone, will you just keep quiet because you don't have a lv 60 well equiped TR?
    now instead of bringing back some useless posts from 3 pages ago better get back to discussing more useful things.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    Meanwhile in CW vs [Insert random class here] *Cw Stunlocks* *Sees complain on forums* *Says its balanced* *Cryptic does nothing*

You pretty much summed up zone chat and general discussion on forums after aug 14...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    abaddon i don't know if the fact that nightmare wizardry moved so other trees canno't access it is a so big loss of damage.

Its a very big loss in damage for thaum...
    Nightmare wizardry is an awesome feat and it's a party buff also.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'd like a nerfed feat that procs off of any form of damage, does 400% weapon damage, ignores dr and apparently has no icd too, but I guess we're stuck with our own classes, right? ;)
    but let's go back on topic.
    100k+ IBS isn't enough...? Or Shocking Execution?
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    now instead of bringing back some useless posts from 3 pages ago better get back to discussing more useful things.

I agree completely. They were your posts and they aren't useful at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    From previous feedback in this thread, people have asked nightmare wizardry to be moved to make the tree more "attractive" by making it renegade exclusive.

Ppl who don't have a main CW...?
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Did you even read the past posts before that one? you think I said that just out of the blue? Also judging by your past posts the only troll I see here is you.
    Also I'm a whisperknife non perma rogue, so believe me, I have always been fighting.
    Also I love that you think that others can only give their opinion on a class if they have a lv 60 well geared of that class. If tomorrow you see a post where they say that shocking execution will always make 100k damage to everyone, will you just keep quiet because you don't have a lv 60 well equiped TR?

Belive me the most problem come from the "400% weapon damage, ignores dr and apparently has no icd "
    the perma lock can be avoided but the dmr ignore is a big big problem cuz vs CW usless skill tab features like ITC block unstoppable astral shild steely defense avalanche exaltation a.army courage breaker Sprint (SW/GWF)& tenacity the are no more woth slotting or stacking and those all are pvp skills stats and base features.
    This problem we will have with HR too.

I have 15.4 k CW p.vorpal stone pvp set all what i need always first in dps score i have full PVP boons .
    And i know this mod 4 change will rip to all 5 class out from pvp.(SW DC GF TR GWF)
    + I can hit 200 k ice knife too in live so the big big excutioner or IBS are weak in my eyes cuz they have no prone effect .
    Also in live i can kill a 18k GWF if he is far from me and not watching for 3 sec "HV rules in pvp after mod4 i not soo sure".

MY CW good old lady lucy is more like a Juggernaut Golem with pure brutal DPS and super controll.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One thing you forget is that most would dip in the Renegade tree to take NW to even make their damage crazier.

Nightmare Wizardry is being moved to the 3rd tier of Renegade so people can't dipped into it, and the debuff remains unique to Renegades.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    But I've been advocating putting the Renegade back to what it's suppose to be, the crit/burst dps tree and not the charity wizard tree.

I'm supporting that, although I have nothing against some party buffs. And let's face it: these buffs aren't earth shaking. HRs can give combat advantage, too.

When over year ago I chose Renegade, the burst damage that may happen (crit+charisma+combat advantage) was most appealing. It sounded like a chance for outstanding damage burst. Now Renegade is a waste. People like to specialize. You want to control crowd - go Oppressor. You want to land damage - go Thauma. You want to be weak at controlling, deal low damage despite all your crit+cha+Combat Adv.(and have horrible time in PvP!) - you may want to go Renegade. What is the point of going along Renegade line, stacking on crit, have mxed cha and as high combat adv. as possible, if you will never see effect. This is why... take off or decrease ICD on EotS!
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    dingleberrytruthdingleberrytruth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Eye of the Storm:

Make the EotS proc off damage done instead of X% for encounter/at-will/daily. With the ICD being added, it's important for Wizards to time their biggest Encounters and Dailies with EotS procs, so having a way to proc it more reliably when off cooldown is necessary. I would give it a 20% chance to proc of any damage, which would help CW's manage procs without necessarily firing off an encounter they'd like to use DURING an EotS.

Does this make sense to anyone or how the cons of ICD are any different from this proposal?

Barring any fixes to coi or steal time, this does not change anything.

You still end up with EoTs with a high likelihood of proccing off the wrong side of your encounter cycle, and enjoying crits with at-wills. So long as ICD is in play, the same exact pitfalls come into play.

Does colored text make posts look smarter? see a lot around here lately even when it isn't following a feedback format.