test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Wizard Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Ok check this out. I out geared that control wizard and know dont even allow him to hit me with his skils. He doesnt know how to use a cc then go behind and combo a gf. Basically you are tell me that this dps that ignore dmg resistance, and also i cannot block the effect of it is ok? because all i control wizard as to do is survive for 20-30secs in 1v1 and win? The control wizard beat me 6 times by just having plague fire on me. i would block his dps skills but at the end i would die from the constant 9-10k hits. you people are bias you want use to believe it is balanced to suck in pvp and still kill people because you have a dps that ignore all defense and tenacity? Plague fire does proc it because i watch him get prone and stun locked and everyone was dropping like flies. dont you understand that this skills needs internal cool down? 10k from a 20 dmg plague fire is no ****ing joke.

i won about 2 times out of the 8 times we 1v1 and that was because i got crits on him a lot and was able to kill him before i died. i know for a fact i out gear and am better skilled than him. If you are telling me that i have no defense over this skill that hits for 10ks on me and is procs from plague fire and you call that balance?
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Against CW or ranged classes, GF already has many powers to achieve the so-called balance. For example, overly fast and fly-able Lunging Strike, spam-able Threatening Rush, ranged Frontline Surge, ranged Bull Charge, ranged Terrifying Impact, blocking Repel and Entangling Force and Freeze, etc. Those abilities are already overpowered for a melee. Please don't ask for more.
    edited July 2014
    it is now obvious that you do not know how to fight a guardian fighter. you seem to have no idea on how to beat a gf. the trick is to use icy rays and then go behind them or teleport backwards and use ray of frost on go behind and use entangling force. we are force to used stamina for guarding now and now that take away the skills needed to be a good cw and just give them dmg that cannot be block deflection and tenacity does not affect it and even dmg resistance?? this is a obvious mistake because you think i am just doing it for my class? dont you understand that no class has a defense against this skill? none. it is like shocking execution or tenebrous.
  • lademonicclademonicc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    isuuck, dont waste your breath on the trolls. The devs will see the vids and if that proc damage wasn't intended they will fix it. I for one am a cw - and a gf should be a hard fight. cw are very good are taking out squishy fast with cc, but taking out a tank class SHOULD be harder, in that video it almost seemed that cw was the tank and you were the squishy o.O 18k squishy gf
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    Feedback
    Assailant force hits way to hard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV4mD_jc840&list=UUhPmvoFXVyxAI3gv30-z4tQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21_R3EV85Cg&list=UUhPmvoFXVyxAI3gv30-z4tQ&index=2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPbnDtIl1nk&list=UUhPmvoFXVyxAI3gv30-z4tQ&index=3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyKDgiZsXEc&list=UUhPmvoFXVyxAI3gv30-z4tQ&index=5
    personally i fought the control wizards sometimes and although i won like twice. i would block hits attacks but asailant force would keep hitting me for 10k. Also the passive a control wizard has that makes it extremely difficult to combo on a control wizard because you keep robber banding backwards. Plague fight makes assailant force proc also.
    bahaha i was there for that one yeah i was getting hit for 10k+ after icy rays even with 20% teneacity assailant force is ridiculous 10k+ dmg that procs on plague fire and icy rays i literally got killed in like 2-3 seconds im guessing assailing force is not being mitigated by tenacity.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lademonicc wrote: »
    I for one am a cw - and a gf should be a hard fight. cw are very good are taking out squishy fast with cc, but taking out a tank class SHOULD be harder
    Illogic. Who makes the rule that it should be harder for a spell caster to take out a melee? Why can't it be harder for a melee to take out a spell caster? Making thoughtless conclusion isn't a good practice. And you seem to have no idea about how spell casters should be.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    bahaha i was there for that one yeah i was getting hit for 10k+ after icy rays even with 20% teneacity assailant force is ridiculous 10k+ dmg that procs on plague fire and icy rays i literally got killed in like 2-3 seconds im guessing assailing force is not being mitigated by tenacity.

Yeah that ability is totally out of control. Watched a CW kill people just refreshing DOTs and jumping around.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Against CW or ranged classes, GF already has many powers to achieve the so-called balance. For example, overly fast and fly-able Lunging Strike, spam-able Threatening Rush, ranged Frontline Surge, ranged Bull Charge, ranged Terrifying Impact, blocking Repel and Entangling Force and Freeze, etc. Those abilities are already overpowered for a melee. Please don't ask for more.

Correct, and yet they are not satisfied,i'm tired of crybabies,i have never asked for any class to be nerfed regardless of the fact that i rarely am top dps.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
    edited July 2014
    Correct, and yet they are not satisfied,i'm tired of crybabies,i have never asked for any class to be nerfed regardless of the fact that i rarely am top dps.
    whats your problem? the skills hits for 10k and is activated by plague fire. dont you understand that it isnt balance for pvp? all you have to do is keep your plague fire up and everyone dies. There is no way to avoid the dmg man why dont you understand this?
  • charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ahsher wrote: »
    Can we change our Shard for the ARCANIST AOE POWER IN ICEWIND DALE?

It would be really interesting if the skill was activated as a meteor storm.
  • charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    whats your problem? the skills hits for 10k and is activated by plague fire. dont you understand that it isnt balance for pvp? all you have to do is keep your plague fire up and everyone dies. There is no way to avoid the dmg man why dont you understand this?

Think twice before walking into a icy terrain of a thaumaturgist magician.
  • lademonicclademonicc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Illogic. Who makes the rule that it should be harder for a spell caster to take out a melee? Why can't it be harder for a melee to take out a spell caster? Making thoughtless conclusion isn't a good practice. And you seem to have no idea about how spell casters should be.

have u watched the videos? the CW seemed so tanky - and made the GF look squishy lol. what i meant by harder is :
    if a cw is agaisnt a squishy - takes mabe 1 rotation of stuns to kill or almost get the foe killed - or it takes 2 rotations (so while on cd ur dodging the opposing)
    a cw agaisnt a tank - SHOULDNT be able to kill them in the same amount of rotations ^^ the gf has much less damage and is tankier- so it takes several rotations (which is wat i meant by harder) it doesnt make the fight itself imbalanced because one is tanking the dmg while the other is receiving low. it just a longer fight = which a gf should be able to do - they should stall fights.

in the video by isuuck u clearly see that the proc damage takes out 1/5 of the gf hp. and in the other video with icey and plague 50% hp!! clearly a cw shouldnt be killing a gf as if it were a squishy ^^

i hope this clarified what i mean t- and it prob was a waste for me to advocate this because it will be changed lol regardless of your or my opinion. it is currently too op in pvp
  • sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    i'm not agree about assaillant to be too strong. it a life based damage, so yes it will do more damage agaisnt a 40k hp gf than a 20k .

second point is it's a pure damage that does not interfere with enemy armor but doesn't have any buff possibility. that mean you will do same damage on a 40k life 0 armor player with 5 debuf spell on him than a 40k life 80% armor. So to speak it provide good advantage on big hp and armor player but is not be a big deal against lower armor and lvl player.

If i'm speacking about pur pve, this spell provide around what 3-4% of damage while comparing on dps way of gwf, the last feat provide between 20 to 30% more damage.

+ honestly guy getting back CW in pvp in the sme lvl of the other class will ask for other to readapt, no more easy free kill in CW.

i know that test are not finish yet but finally no rush for free kill to CW, (i would also remember for practicaly all other class, we have no way to escape a battle, while 4 class have higher run and all thing to escape battle if it do not turn as they want)

by the way i agree that it should on opposite get the tenacity damage reduction
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    sygfried94 wrote: »
    i'm not agree about assaillant to be too strong. it a life based damage, so yes it will do more damage agaisnt a 40k hp gf than a 20k .

second point is it's a pure damage that does not interfere with enemy armor but doesn't have any buff possibility. that mean you will do same damage on a 40k life 0 armor player with 5 debuf spell on him than a 40k life 80% armor. So to speak it provide good advantage on big hp and armor player but is not be a big deal against lower armor and lvl player.

If i'm speacking about pur pve, this spell provide around what 3-4% of damage while comparing on dps way of gwf, the last feat provide between 20 to 30% more damage.

+ honestly guy getting back CW in pvp in the sme lvl of the other class will ask for other to readapt, no more easy free kill in CW.

i know that test are not finish yet but finally no rush for free kill to CW, (i would also remember for practicaly all other class, we have no way to escape a battle, while 4 class have higher run and all thing to escape battle if it do not turn as they want)

Even on 30k hp players, it will take around 4,5k+ HP. Just remembering that you cannot dodge this, and this is NOT a power.

In other words, you can instantly take 4,5k of someones HP by doing almost nothing. I literally killed a GF by using Storm Pillar on him, and he was pretty skilled.
    (´・ ω ・`)
    edited July 2014
    Do you guys know this enchantment called tenebrous? do you know what it was nerfed to have huge internal cool down and the dev changed it to current hp and not max hp of user? Do you know why the devs didnt base it on max hp of the enemy or current hp of the enemy? do you know that control wizards can lose all offensive gear or decent gear, **** that can go full fulls and stack a hit ton of hp in pvp so they can survive say 20secs with just refreshing the dots and you will die. Tenebrous was nerfed because of instances like this and now they create a better incarnation???
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To everyone who is freaking out about the damage of Assailant: relax. It's bugged. It is not being calculated correctly. It is not working as intended. They'll fix it before it goes live.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692711-Official-Feedback-Thread-Control-Wizard-Changes&p=8453851&viewfull=1#post8453851
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Bug: Assailing Force

The damage for Assailing force is not being calculated correctly. I parsed a run of the Heroic Encounter Rescue the Prospectors (Chilltooth) in the Dwarven Valley. Below is the parsed data. Assailant peaked at 22,635 and on average did around 16,000 (the parse shows an average of 5,484 but that is including triggers, only 1/3 of those are actual damage). Assailant is supposed to be capped at 800% of weapon damage. My max weapon damage is 827, so 8*827 = 6616 so clearly that is not working as intended.

sxjcap.jpg

You should not forget that it does 800% weapon damage or 15% of the enemies Max HP. So perhaps that is something you should include in your calculations.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You should not forget that it does 800% weapon damage or 15% of the enemies Max HP. So perhaps that is something you should include in your calculations.

It is supposed to do whichever is LESS of 15% enemies max HP and 800% weapon damage. So it should not exceed 800% weapon damage.
    Control Wizard: Assailing Force: This feat now deals 15% of a target's HP or 800% of your weapon damage, whichever is less (up from 10% and 500% respectively).

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692711-Official-Feedback-Thread-Control-Wizard-Changes&p=8404221&viewfull=1#post8404221

It's not working right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    sygfried94 wrote: »

so what your really saying it will kill the 20k player so much faster than the 40k player either way something isnt added up right
    technically it f it was 15% of 20k it should be 3k damage per proc which it isnt , and if it was on a 40k player it should be 6k damage on proc but it isnt i have been hit for 10k+ hits regardless of how much health i have and im in the 40k health bracket something isnt working correctly here it's just to good for pvp especially since it procs off of every single thing. at least with shard on live its dodgeable and whatnot this is inescapable and is certain to kill anyone in one rotation hell kills most players with just at will spam.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dot enchants procs assilant
    balance nightmare wizardy atm makes new gf mark future useless and 15% damage boost for team members is broken op if was student of the sword with 3% damage per stack to much for first teir feat then nightmare wizardy is broken beyond any reason atm

and why is ok for shiled to give 50% resist all the time it is higher then dr what gwf or gf can get and they are tanks toon it down to 10% or cw will be better tank then tank classes i thought whole point of this changes is to balance cw with other class and u only made it even more broken op then before
    edited July 2014
    Hey all, we have been looking at how Shield functions and we think it is diminishing too fast and that makes slotting it feel too frustrating most of the time so we are imrpoving it dramatically. This should drastically improve wizard survivability while it is slotted which should provide a substantive PVP and PVE buff.

This change should hit this week barring anything going wrong.

Control Wizard: Shield: Shield will now diminish to 50% effectiveness while fully Destabilized at Rank 1. Each additional Rank will reduce the total amount of Destabilization your Shield can suffer. Grants 5% Control Resist per rank while slotted in spell mastery.

I will clarify this since I don't want the actual patch note to get too wordy (despite being a bit confusing).

At all ranks Shield while stable (undamaged) absorbs 50% of incoming damage after your damage resistance.
    It then is Destabilized, which reduces its effectiveness. So here are the before and afters!

Normal
    Before
    R1 Stable: 50%, Unstable: 0%
    R2 Stable: 50%, Unstable: 5%
    R3 Stable: 50%, Unstable: 10%

After
    R1 Stable: 50%, Unstable: 25%
    R2 Stable: 50%, Unstable: 30%
    R3 Stable: 50%, Unstable: 35%

Spell Mastery
    Before
    R1 Stable: 80%, Unstable 1: 42.5, Unstable 2: 5%
    R2 Stable: 80%, Unstable 1: 45, Unstable 2: 10%
    R3 Stable: 80%, Unstable 1: 47.5, Unstable 2: 15%

After
    R1 Stable: 80%, Unstable 1: 60%, Unstable 2: 40%
    R2 Stable: 80%, Unstable 1: 62.5%, Unstable 2: 45%
    R3 Stable: 80%, Unstable 1: 65%, Unstable 2: 50%

And Spell Mastery now also adds 5% Control Resistance per rank. This is additive with Tenacity. Because who doesn't like that?

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

Ok my question is this : At rank 3 ,shield will provide a 15% Control Resist Bonus. So if my basic Resistance is say 10% , then after i activate shield my new Resistance will be 25%(10% + 15%) or 11,5% ( 10% + 1,5%)?
  • v1rus89v1rus89 Member Posts: 83
    edited July 2014
    And this, ladies and gentleman, is what happens when you change everything drastically instead of actually fixing the 5/6 things that made the class over performing in pve on live.
    Virus, Enemy Team.
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Honestly, our feats should not be a party wide buff (hey, we're renegade spell storm, not party-charity spell storm like the Oppressor tree ;) ). But because we are tied to Nightmare Wizardry & Phantasmal Destruction the changes have basically completely broken the synergy in feat tree. Our capstone has always been of questionable utility, but we put up with it because of the rest.

Fine. If not party-wise buff, then at least cap-stone rework. And I still would go in the direction of lowering casting time for encounters and taking off ICD from feats, so that Renegade can slot in EotS, focus on getting combat advantage, benefit from stacking crit. Why should I even bother with rising combat adv., crits., if I could just go thauma and have it all easier? What is the point of being renegade now? There is nothing rewarding about it. Someone also mentioned moving nightmare wizardry further into the tree - another good idea for saving endangered species.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Maelstrom of Chaos is such a dumpster fire that I'm not sure where they would begin in trying to make it viable. It has more bugs than any three other powers put together. The running list of its worthlessness is: it cannot crit under any circumstances, receives no bonus damage from power, receives no bonus damage from Intelligence, receives no damage boosts from any feats, receives no damage boost from any passive class features like Evocation and Arcane Mastery, and it does less damage, has a smaller AoE, worse control and hits fewer targets than Oppressive Force.

Other than that it's just ducky.

I agree, fix the bugs. Then try increasing it's radius, and allow it to decrease aggro.
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ahsher wrote: »

I agree, fix the bugs. Then try increasing it's radius, and allow it to decrease aggro.

The thing is Maelstrom is ALSO unresistable damage, tested in a number of circumstances, it will ALWAYS hit a 5.8k, on deflect, forest meditation, unstoppable, impossible to catch. It's also unresistable damage and it's even cc immune for 2-4 seconds, and you can dodge mid cast, having cc immunity for a few seconds at the cost of 50% daily isn't as bad as you might think seeing how fast we get action points. It's actually a very useful skill in a variety of circumstances, not to mention being able to throw that pesky gwf clear off the node in domination. (:<
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I agree to its use in pvp, but slight increase in radius and decrease in aggro will give it greater pve viability.
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Bug: Twisting Immolation Feat

Player targets are NOT Dazed when the daily is used.

Bug: Repel

The push effect of this power can still be deflected.

I join the request, fix this goddammit REPEL, it is very annoying to fight against GWF/GF and using 5x times repel without push effect!
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    The thing is Maelstrom is ALSO unresistable damage, tested in a number of circumstances, it will ALWAYS hit a 5.8k, on deflect, forest meditation, unstoppable, impossible to catch. It's also unresistable damage and it's even cc immune for 2-4 seconds, and you can dodge mid cast, having cc immunity for a few seconds at the cost of 50% daily isn't as bad as you might think seeing how fast we get action points. It's actually a very useful skill in a variety of circumstances, not to mention being able to throw that pesky gwf clear off the node in domination. (:<

It's just not worth it. You will never hit someone due to the radius (unless the guy is really dumb); and if the person is rooted, it's much better to use IK instead.

There actually is kind of an utility for the control immune and damage reduction, but will you ever change OF and IK for that? And also I don't think this daily was designed to be used just because of that.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bug: Assailing Force

The damage for Assailing force is not being calculated correctly. I parsed a run of the Heroic Encounter Rescue the Prospectors (Chilltooth) in the Dwarven Valley. Below is the parsed data. Assailant peaked at 22,635 and on average did around 16,000 (the parse shows an average of 5,484 but that is including triggers, only 1/3 of those are actual damage). Assailant is supposed to be capped at 800% of weapon damage. My max weapon damage is 827, so 8*827 = 6616 so clearly that is not working as intended.

There's no "cap". The 15%/800% is the base damage of the ability, then you get anything that would normally boost your damage added to it.
    Control Wizard: Assailing Force: This feat now benefits from your damage bonuses. It is classified as Arcane damage for purposes of calculating bonuses.
    Control Wizard: Assailing Force: This feat can now trigger on any outgoing damage (instead of only on Encounter powers).
    Control Wizard: Assailing Force: This feat now deals 15% of a target's HP or 800% of your weapon damage, whichever is less (up from 10% and 500% respectively).
    Control Wizard: Assailing Force: This feat is now properly unresistable.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited July 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    It's just not worth it. You will never hit someone due to the radius (unless the guy is really dumb); and if the person is rooted, it's much better to use IK instead.

There actually is kind of an utility for the control immune and damage reduction, but will you ever change OF and IK for that? And also I don't think this daily was designed to be used just because of that.

are you serious? you are telling me that this skill isnt worth it?