What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control Wizard Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I couldn't have said it better myself , strange these people don't appear on the feedback threads for their own classes making suggestions to make their class more fair and not as 'OP' but buff a class that has been not much more than free pvp points for the past two modules and they all rush in here giving suggestions on what to nerf cuz it just isn't fair anymore...

This is definitely not true. I have been saying since BEFORE mod 3 that GWFs dealt too much damage. I also just left a detailed post on my mod 4 main GFs forum saying things need a tone down there too.

This is clearly either not WAI or WAY too OP. Its not that people dont want CWs to shine, but its a matter of being completely broken or not.

I think this is a cool power, but the two biggest issues I have with it:

1) Procs off ANY damage
    2) Ignores DR.

Fix those two issues and it should be fine.

For PVE purposes though, it doesnt seem like its any good, so IDK honestly how to make it fair....
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    This is definitely not true. I have been saying since BEFORE mod 3 that GWFs dealt too much damage. I also just left a detailed post on my mod 4 main GFs forum saying things need a tone down there too.

This is clearly either not WAI or WAY too OP. Its not that people dont want CWs to shine, but its a matter of being completely broken or not.

I think this is a cool power, but the two biggest issues I have with it:

1) Procs off ANY damage
    2) Ignores DR.

Fix those two issues and it should be fine.

For PVE purposes though, it doesnt seem like its any good, so IDK honestly how to make it fair....

Well, since the latest update Assailing Force has gone from lousy in PvE (~2% of total damage) to really, really good. Maybe too good. It can contribute 10% or more of total damage in a dungeon and 25% or more of your damage on a boss fight. When you consider that that is from one point spent on one feat, albeit a capstone, that's probably too much. They could dial back a fair amount while still making having it be useful in both PvP and PvE. However, as the feat is currently constructed, I don't think there is any possible way to make it both useful but not overpowered in PvP and useful but not overpowered in PvE.

My suggestion is to make it an arcane explosion. Have it still proc off damage to one target every five seconds but then have it do AoE damage to all enemies in a radius. That way you can tune the damage and the radius so that it will not be overpowered in PvP but still give good damage contribution in PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    ayroux, the two major problems in the video posted is 1 he take the extreme case where a player stay in the middle of aoe spell so 1 it activate quite a lot but what, most of the case player do not stay inside aoe spell and try to avoid, second whatching the damage show that the GF in front is the exact case where the spell will do maximum damage: a maximum HP player.

Where i agree; yes this spell need to get reduced by the tenacity for the damage. but simply not caped to the 800% damage as it was from beginning simply because the reason is if you not take in case the gear bonus why the point of being geared.

Ayroux your point simply put this spell as useless as it begin with. you are speacking of 1000 damage as it look big but apply on the video you are refering is simply mean 100% time death for the cw as he do not have anything to surpass the regen of the gf. Also if player do not play with plague fire or oponent do not rush on icy terrain, CW will not have anything to do except little damage as a moskito.
    BAsed on the video, i do not think things are far from getting perfect, and if you want to be fair do same with CW against for exemple an HR. also try to check what appens in group, the fact that CW can be perma controled, the fact that a CW using shield in tab can only use icy terrain arround him. Also what i can see good on actual change is that it starting to put the oponen class matching. (so to speak when you are facing someone, depending of both class, someone may have a class advantage, mean he should have an higher chance of winning, for exemple in DD normaly a wizard should have problem against ranged class and rogue, but should have advantage against melee fighter. But yes rushing without thinking a little may become harder than actual against CW that are actualy at disavantage against 100% of the class.

do not forget that a CW using both shield and icy terrain, well he only have 2 encounter available for distant shoot and no tab

So for me the only point i agree is that damage should be reduce from tenacity as it suppose to be, just start by that and you probably get the perfect point bacause as far as i read well the comment the GF was also able to win.

sug

this is a sugg for the pvp set of control wizard, pvp set are mainly done for pvp, the change done on shield will probably lead for most player to play with shield on tab. the problem is the 4/4 piece power bonus on pvp set is extra damage and cooldown for tab power. Having shield on tab put this set completly useless. So i should also suggest a rework for this set as he is suppose to give a boost for pvp.

i have many way of thinking an idea but well it should be a rework
  • Options
    trubushidotrubushido Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've been going through and reading, not just this thread, but several "nerf" threads in the past few months.
    Do you guys know what Problem Reaction Solution is?
    Ie.: Company:"We want to nerf this, but we want the people to want the nerf too. Let's make it a big, huge nerf."
    Players: "Oh, how about half that nerf please."
    Company: "You got it."
    DC- Clerice, Gwf-Peevey, HR- Shaft Roundtree, CW-Hoarton, TR- Toe Jam
  • Options
    sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Bug: Assailing Force

The damage for Assailing force is not being calculated correctly. I parsed a run of the Heroic Encounter Rescue the Prospectors (Chilltooth) in the Dwarven Valley. Below is the parsed data. Assailant peaked at 22,635 and on average did around 16,000 (the parse shows an average of 5,484 but that is including triggers, only 1/3 of those are actual damage). Assailant is supposed to be capped at 800% of weapon damage. My max weapon damage is 827, so 8*827 = 6616 so clearly that is not working as intended.

sxjcap.jpg

you got your answer p45 from gentleman crusher for how assalling force working now
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    look guys the fact remains most pvp players have high hp and the fact that this spell ignores all DR and procs every 5 seconds for 10k+ on player is a bit ludicrous it's not just form standing in icy terrain it procs off of almost everything icy rays ect i get that it's nice and all but from a pvp perspective what other class can pump out 30-40k dmg in a matter of 15 seconds?
  • Options
    ganjahero91ganjahero91 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So when is assailant not going to do 800% weapon damage in pvp? Just wondering because you can't have made basically anything in pvp worth 800% weapon damage on purpose.
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • Options
    ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    look guys the fact remains most pvp players have high hp and the fact that this spell ignores all DR and procs every 5 seconds for 10k+ on player is a bit ludicrous it's not just form standing in icy terrain it procs off of almost everything icy rays ect i get that it's nice and all but from a pvp perspective what other class can pump out 30-40k dmg in a matter of 15 seconds?

GWF with insanely high base crit severity + perfect vorpal. . .
    TR with SHOCKING EXECUTION.
    TR with Perfect Bilethorn
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ahsher wrote: »

Yeah it's pretty easy to get an IBS hit that can do that. Now that player will be fairly squishy, but you can build a GWF that can do that in one hit.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited July 2014

those can't really compare to a passive putting out 30k damage from range with no buildup/rotation/any kind of planning.
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cw's with shield and assailing force are gonna be pretty much unstoppable in pvp

Because we roll CWs strictly for pvp! Right!

Nerf the Shield if you insist! I wouldn't put it on pve anyway!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I'm happy to see people complaining about the CW in PvP now...means Cryptic is moving in the right direction :)

I hope someone is watching their own classes with those extra carefull eyes by every possible buff...

CWs got tremendously nerf (every feat was nerfed, every buff was taken). -30-40% dmg then got some buff in compensation and suddenly every pvper is shaking their cage to revert it!
    Because it may cause that the first 5 pages of leaderboard would contain more than 3 cws...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Well, since the latest update Assailing Force has gone from lousy in PvE (~2% of total damage) to really, really good. Maybe too good. It can contribute 10% or more of total damage in a dungeon and 25% or more of your damage on a boss fight.

Its not! This is a capstone feat!
    Former capstone 15% mitigation hardly be translated to damage but its probably means 10-15% damage!
    GWF first column deep gash still does 5% damage or more!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Can we change the profound set buff for CW so that it works similarly to:
    1- High Vizier
    2- Dread Legion
    3- Fabled Illyanbruen armor sets?
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just saw a video of a GWF vs a CW in PVP, it looks like the shield from the CW is way too powerful, the GWF didn't really stand a chance, even if he was attacking him in melee range all the time.
    Is that WAI?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    You mean the CW wasn't roared, stunned, proned and was actually able to fight. Nice change.
  • Options
    brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You mean the CW wasn't roared, stunned, proned and was actually able to fight. Nice change.

Meanwhile in CW vs [Insert random class here] *Cw Stunlocks* *Sees complain on forums* *Says its balanced* *Cryptic does nothing*
  • Options
    iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    trust me if i was on any class that had a skill in pvp to pump out 10k+ dmg to my enemies every 5 seconds i wouldnt want it changed either lol
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok, People can stop complaining about Assailing Force in PvP.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692711-Official-Feedback-Thread-Control-Wizard-Changes&p=8466411&viewfull=1#post8466411

Will now do 1/2 damage to other players. Seems like a fair place to put it. 5k unresistable damage every 5 seconds will give CW's a fighting chance without being grossly overpowered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    what does unresistable exactly mean? what about Impossible to catch? does it go through it?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It sounds like a low power shocking execution.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Only class CW can control entire fight is DC. And if they increased the benefit that wisdom gave, to control resist it would be the saving grace for both DC & CW.
  • Options
    akeel3akeel3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi ...with repect to all openion above..so far i m here coz there nerf CW ....1st of all i was on preview i tried it ...for me it wasnt good and not funny only nerfing thats it
    and 2nd thing if u want to make other class useffull go and make them better not nerfing CW every time to push player ...pick other classes
    ... i can also keep complain about TR in pvp coz he hit every 1 and no 1 can see him ...so i i say to DEVs i dont like the new nerf and u should work on other idea (make other classes better ) and I SAW TO ANY CW WRITE UR OPENEION ABOUT IT IF U R PLAY CW AS DPS. and if the nerf keep it on i ll stop playing this game...we playing the game for fun dont make it not funny with those nerfing (i supose to do Dps with any class there if i choose the right gears ..for ppl that saying CW too OP then u can say other classs r too low

beside that CC they talking about its realy not logical---CC 8 with singul...instead thatn 15 !!! how that more CC
    i m saying it clearly (I vote NO FOR THAT nerfing---or they can give us a token to be Rouge or other classed insead of paying money to kep respecing)
    Thanks
  • Options
    ganjahero91ganjahero91 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So when is it ok for a feat that procs off of any form of damage, does 400% weapon damage, ignores dr and apparently has no icd ok? I still trying to figure that out.....
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    So when is it ok for a feat that procs off of any form of damage, does 400% weapon damage, ignores dr and apparently has no icd ok? I still trying to figure that out.....

I'm pretty sure that being aggressively sarcastic to point something out doesn't help anyone.

@Topic

The Shield tooltip when in the power tray doesn't show it's real effect accurately.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    How about a daily that does the same thing... Ever hear of Shocking Execution, much more than 6k dmg buddy.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I don't want to start an argument about it, but SE is a daily, that means it can't be be used very often. I don't know how often the feat procs, but I don't think it's comparable.
    Also SE has been nerfed into oblivion already XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'd like a nerf that allows me to do 19k damage with my daily.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'd like a nerfed feat that procs off of any form of damage, does 400% weapon damage, ignores dr and apparently has no icd too, but I guess we're stuck with our own classes, right? ;)
    but let's go back on topic.
    2e2qwj6.jpg