test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trace's Guide to AD Creation and Wealth Building

Comments

• zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Method #17 posted: Creating a Foundry. Would love some feedback from people who've made Foundries. Only one person in my guild has made some.

Apologies for not updating this guide in a bit. Crazy work week.

I've made a decent amount of tips on foundry I guess. Making a single foundry quest takes hours and hours of time for the mere 500 AD tips. I would not recommend this at all for someone who just wants to make AD, but if they also would enjoy making the quest then it can't hurt. Unless your quest becomes featured with thousands of plays then the AD will be little amounts.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Method #24 replaced and posted.

Coming down to the wire here. Only two or three more to go, I think.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . . .I've made a good deal off of my few foundries. I find that I get an increase in tips whenever I release a new chapter in my campaign and I can only assume this is because this entices players to play the first ones through again as well as entices new players to my campaign to play them all. During the off periods where I am not releasing new missions in my campaign, I notice the tips slowly die down. So, my suggestion to those who love to create foundry missions and like to make AD from their tips is to make engaging stories but space apart the release of your missions in your campaigns. Maybe one new mission every month, but waiting too long could have adverse affects and releasing them too quickly will just end up filling up all your slots available.

. . . .On that note, I really need to get back to work on Act V! Been running too many dailies on my new level 60s! I don't make missions for the tips though, I make them because I love telling stories and I love sharing them. To me, the tips just make me smile and assure me that people are liking and enjoying them.
  • mlegermleger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Method #17 posted: Creating a Foundry. Would love some feedback from people who've made Foundries. Only one person in my guild has made some.

Apologies for not updating this guide in a bit. Crazy work week.

I think making quests in the foundry as a method to make money is a bad idea in general

It take a lot of time to build a good quest, i've spent at least 20 hours on mine and they are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> compared to others that i've played.

Its also hard to get people to play your quest as there are lots of quests out there, i'd hate to see the quest pool get flooded with a bunch of new cookie cutter quests. Just my opinion on this.
    Thorin Oakenshield - 60 DC | Floki Longarm - 60 TR | Tiny Tank - 60 GWF
    Stand your Ground NW-DNBHK74ML
    edited January 2014
    mleger wrote: »
    I think making quests in the foundry as a method to make money is a bad idea in general

It take a lot of time to build a good quest, i've spent at least 20 hours on mine and they are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> compared to others that i've played.

Its also hard to get people to play your quest as there are lots of quests out there, i'd hate to see the quest pool get flooded with a bunch of new cookie cutter quests. Just my opinion on this.

Yeah, I think the Foundry is a lot like professional sports. You either make it big or nothing.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • abelieverabeliever Member Posts: 36
    edited January 2014
    In other threads that I have perused the moderator usually has the last word. In this thread; not so much.

I would suggest that the OP may be wise to edit post #19 and post #116 ;these being the 2 posts that followed two different moderators' intervention in this thread. These two posts ring strange, are suggestive of cronyism in terms of the when, and the where of thier postings, and thus adversely affect the strength and the worth of the aforesaid interventions.

Appearances, and impressions matter; just my humble opinion..
    edited January 2014
    abeliever wrote: »
    In other threads that I have perused the moderator usually has the last word. In this thread; not so much.

I would suggest that the OP may be wise to edit post #19 and post #116 ;these being the 2 posts that followed two different moderators' intervention in this thread. These two posts ring strange, are suggestive of cronyism in terms of the when, and the where of thier postings, and thus adversely affect the strength and the worth of the aforesaid interventions.

Appearances, and impressions matter; just my humble opinion..

The moderators have already communicated which methods were not considered appropriate.

Thank you for your feedback, Trace
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • abelieverabeliever Member Posts: 36
    edited January 2014
    The moderators have already communicated which methods were not considered appropriate.

Thank you for your feedback, Trace

You are most welcome! May fortune smile upon your efforts and activities in this, and other threads, and other matters. Best regards.

ps: it appears that you may have misinterpreted my post. To recap: the need to edit post numbers 19 and 116 should be re-evaluated; not methods, posts. As in, this post is post number 129.
    edited January 2014
    Method #26 replaced. Peace, Trace

Also, ZAX below 350 as I'm writing this. Bought in for a quick flip (hopefully). Zen being posted for Sell in the 330s. Haven't seen that in ages. Large spread.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    #26 is risky actually. I've posted like that before and ended up not selling at all, sometimes several times.

Some prices get driven down extremely quickly unless there's the odd whale that goes for #9 to restore the price.

Also, since the recent patch #19 won't really work anymore.
    edited January 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    #26 is risky actually. I've posted like that before and ended up not selling at all, sometimes several times.

Some prices get driven down extremely quickly unless there's the odd whale that goes for #9 to restore the price.

Also, since the recent patch #19 won't really work anymore.

Thanks for mentioned about #19, I'll edit that soon. I've very thankful that got taken care of. So annoying have all of those 100,000,000's posted.

I netted about 300,000k AD yesterday using #26. I just made sure to buy a high demand item at the right price.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Method #19 replaced, as they recently fixed the AH so the highest buyout (100,000,000) doesn't show first.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Just an FYI that I edited post #7 (not Method #7) to address some common questions or comments I get in game or via forum messages.

Enjoy, Trace
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I broke 1million today and considering what to do next. I am really thinking about taking half and buying into the ZAX. Right now its at a decently low rate and I have a lot of patience. I also like to keep money far enough away to keep me from impulse buys. I saw the numbers at mod2 release getting up in the 500ad range and similar with mod1. If that trend continues(which im almost sure of with the next mod) would a long term investment be worth it?

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

edited January 2014
    Sorry I've been away from this guide for a while. Work, life and running EoA has taken up a lot of my time lately.

Method #27 is posted. I believe I have one more to post and that should close out the guide.

Best, Trace
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Hey folks, just an FYI that I'm expecting the ZAX to increase quite a bit next weekend. Why? New lockboxes are being released on Thursday, and Keys are Cryptics #1 seller. Expect many people to convert AD to Zen to purchase keys. I got in around 335 with a decent amount of Zen. Although it stinks having most of my trading capital tied up, I'm expecting a good return.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the head's up Trace. I'm going to liquidate my current stock of enc. key's, greater marks of potency, coal wards and gold for some astral diamonds. And I have been able to 40,000 to 1.2 million AD from mainly working the trade chat, and also working the ZAX and opening iron strongbox's of enchantments. Once again, Thanks for all your help trace!
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Inquiring minds want to know....Which character on your EOA pic represents you, Trace? Cool graphic btw.
    edited February 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »
    Thanks for the head's up Trace. I'm going to liquidate my current stock of enc. key's, greater marks of potency, coal wards and gold for some astral diamonds. And I have been able to 40,000 to 1.2 million AD from mainly working the trade chat, and also working the ZAX and opening iron strongbox's of enchantments. Once again, Thanks for all your help trace!

Love hearing stories like this! Great work, man! You can really make a LOT of AD starting with very little. The ZAX is already up 10 points. I only see it heading North through this coming weekend.
    niadan wrote: »
    Inquiring minds want to know....Which character on your EOA pic represents you, Trace? Cool graphic btw.

In game, none. In real life, the guy in the middle. I'm a pretty lean guy, balding, who does yoga for exercise! By the way, the pic is from Pathfinder, a spin off of D&D 3.5 edition.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey folks, just an FYI that I'm expecting the ZAX to increase quite a bit next weekend. Why? New lockboxes are being released on Thursday, and Keys are Cryptics #1 seller. Expect many people to convert AD to Zen to purchase keys. I got in around 335 with a decent amount of Zen. Although it stinks having most of my trading capital tied up, I'm expecting a good return.

Thanks for the information. i am curious as to how do you found out about this so early?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Thanks for the information. i am curious as to how do you found out about this so early?

He saw the announcement about the change in lockboxes the same day as everyone else (Feb 5). Knowing what that means in relation to game economy is just pattern recognition and good sense.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1091351
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited February 2014
    He saw the announcement about the change in lockboxes the same day as everyone else (Feb 5). Knowing what that means in relation to game economy is just pattern recognition and good sense.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1091351

Exactly. Nothing complicated here. Also, know that the ZAX hovered around 335-340 almost all weekend. Sunday afternoon/evening is when it really started moving up. We're already in the 370's, and it's only Monday. Hope you got in early!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Sunday afternoon/evening is when it really started moving up.

Oddly coinciding with when people would have likely gotten around to reading your post. Hrm....

(Just something I find interesting, that it didn't really snowball until it was actually spelled out explicitly. Some people are lucky to have someone else do all the thinking for them.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited February 2014
    Oddly coinciding with when people would have likely gotten around to reading your post. Hrm....

(Just something I find interesting, that it didn't really snowball until it was actually spelled out explicitly. Some people are lucky to have someone else do all the thinking for them.)

Well, perhaps. When Mod 2 came out the ZAX spiked to 500, and this guide wasn't even made yet. Naturally the ZAX will increase on a release of new lockboxes. To be honest, only a minority of players actually frequent the forums, much less this guide. So it may have nudged it a bit, but nothing more.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited February 2014
    Oh yeah, it absolutely would have spiked. But I do think it spiked earlier (or rather started spiking earlier) than it might have otherwise. Neither a good or bad thing, just an interesting thing. :)

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited February 2014
    By the way, as of this post there are NO Lanterns of Revelation on the AH (most likely people are saving keys to open new boxes). If you have one to post, now is a great time for a good profit!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited February 2014
    ZAX easily in the mid 385s now. It hasn't looked back. I'm guessing it will easily break 425 on Thursday when the lockbox frenzy ensues.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bought in at 333 a while back, looking to sell on Thursday. Something you left out on professions, not the return of epic slotted but not bad either given the front-end costs. Distilled potions of major healing run about 800 per. With rank 1,2,and 3 white alchemists and L20 you can turn them out every hour and a half building precursors with the 1 & 2 (1 & 2 make vit, 3&2 make aqua, 3 makes DPGR). It is an easy build if you are new and do not have a decent stake. Mostly because you can raise to 20 fast with junk pots.
    edited February 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Bought in at 333 a while back, looking to sell on Thursday. Something you left out on professions, not the return of epic slotted but not bad either given the front-end costs. Distilled potions of major healing run about 800 per. With rank 1,2,and 3 white alchemists and L20 you can turn them out every hour and a half building precursors with the 1 & 2 (1 & 2 make vit, 3&2 make aqua, 3 makes DPGR). It is an easy build if you are new and do not have a decent stake. Mostly because you can raise to 20 fast with junk pots.

Funny that you should mention this. If you scroll up I state that I have one more method I haven't yet posted. It was going to be called, "Using Other Skills." Just haven't gotten around to posting it! Thanks for mentioning it.

ZAX had a huge drop overnight. We're back in the 350's. If you're looking for another good time to buy in, this may be it.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • nwforum1nwforum1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is a combination of the early movers (the guys who bought zen to resell for profit and wanted to sell before others) and people seeing that the price of zen was up and buying it to convert to AD. Some of the early movers will even double dip, i.e. maybe they bought at 335, sold at 375-380, now they might buy again at 350, and it will depend on what items are in the new lockbox how high it goes, but for sure there will be a new mount, a new companion, and at least 1 confirmed artifact. That alone I think will push the market to 400-420, but if we see a new enchant that's possibly a replacement for vorpal or SF finally, we could easily cap the market at 500.
This discussion has been closed.