test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trace's Guide to AD Creation and Wealth Building

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nwforum1 wrote: »
    This is a combination of the early movers (the guys who bought zen to resell for profit and wanted to sell before others) and people seeing that the price of zen was up and buying it to convert to AD. Some of the early movers will even double dip, i.e. maybe they bought at 335, sold at 375-380, now they might buy again at 350, and it will depend on what items are in the new lockbox how high it goes, but for sure there will be a new mount, a new companion, and at least 1 confirmed artifact. That alone I think will push the market to 400-420, but if we see a new enchant that's possibly a replacement for vorpal or SF finally, we could easily cap the market at 500.

Agreed to all of this. I actually sold two-thirds of my Zen stake around 380, and bought back in at 351. Not too shabby. Thursday-Saturday is going to be the strongest spike, as people will be opening boxes like crazy.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited February 2014
    Thanks, Tiah! It's been a long work in progress. Now get yourself back in game!

Okay, I'm throwing out my recent bet just to see what y'all think of it... I spent most of tonight buying up insanely cheap stacks of Lesser Marks of Stability (stacks of 99 for 8k) and Greater Marks of Stability (that sold for less than 3000 AD). My speculation is that because the new Artifact is Stability, and it offers some sweet stats (Crit, ArP, AP Gain), that the Marks of Stability prices will soon mirror those of Power and Union.

Now, either I'm right and I'll double my investment, or I just invested a million AD that will go to the new Artifact when and if I get it. Crossing my fingers for the former!

*raises glass* Cheers!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited February 2014
    So, curiously enough, the Greater Marks of Power sold quickly. It would make sense that the Lessers may not sell at all, as they are a bit more tedious to use in regard to leveling an Artifact.

For my long-term traders out there: You may want to consider picking up an Artifact or two this weekend. With all the new Lockboxes being opened, there's excess supply. Most likely by next weekend or the following you could flip them for 100k+ profit.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, curiously enough, the Greater Marks of Power sold quickly. It would make sense that the Lessers may not sell at all, as they are a bit more tedious to use in regard to leveling an Artifact.

For my long-term traders out there: You may want to consider picking up an Artifact or two this weekend. With all the new Lockboxes being opened, there's excess supply. Most likely by next weekend or the following you could flip them for 100k+ profit.

Thanks for this - do you (or anyone else) have a rough idea of what the Water and Lantern usually sell for?
  • evilelrondevilelrond Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If I had AD I'd invest in artifacts right now.
    On the other hand..The spike in Mulhorand gear was incredible. I picked up a Talisman at 18k before the spike came and the lowest is 35k right now I think. I only had 20k total AD (but I'm only level 30 and I've just been reading this guide, it's very good! I can't rush 60 because I'm waiting for a group of IRL friends so I've turned my eye to the marketplace) so I think I've made a good jump from this :)
    From a new player to the game - thanks for making this guide!
    edited February 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Thanks for this - do you (or anyone else) have a rough idea of what the Water and Lantern usually sell for?

Before the Lockbox frenzy, Waters were selling for 800k-900k, Lanterns were selling for around 700k.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • evilelrondevilelrond Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And since I made that post, 4 more went up for 18K ;_;
    Looks like I'm losing AD there haha.
    edited February 2014
    Before the Lockbox frenzy, Waters were selling for 800k-900k, Lanterns were selling for around 700k.

Thanks for your always quick reply degraafination. Looks like there is a reasonable profit to be made there.
    edited February 2014
    evilelrond wrote: »
    And since I made that post, 4 more went up for 18K ;_;
    Looks like I'm losing AD there haha.

Just wait a while - there is no additional supply and a fairly constant demand. While I personally wouldn't bother buying one to use, I hear they are good especially for DCs as they make leveling much easier.
    edited February 2014
    Keep in mind, flipping those Artifacts will be a long-term trade (meaning 2-3 weeks, earliest). So your AD will be tied up in the trade for a while. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm still holding on to fawns and mimics from the Winter Festival. Supply was insanely high, and the prices have yet to move up to anything reasonable. If you're in desperate need of AD now, I wouldn't tie them up in a long term flip. I only bought two waters and will keep the rest of my trading capital liquid or tied up in shorter term trades.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "896,000 AD per week"

wut wut. have to read that more closely :D
    takes loads of time to get there :D
    lot of work to even get them to lvl20 leadership.
    and a lot of investment into extra charslots.
    the lvl 60 by invoke takes loads of time also.
    and since you`re leveling leadership with training jobs, it doesn`t give extra xp.
    unless you want the training to last longer and use xp crafting.
    which isn`t that much also, unless you have to hunt for the special ones all day.
    patience is not realy the good word to get to the point of logging in twice a day and have that kind of ad.
    it`s work,work, work.
    edited February 2014
    Well, a very interesting weekend for the markets. I hope everyone had a lovely gain in their trading.

1) The ZAX reached around 400, then hovered between 370's-390's for most of the weekend. Not reaching to 425 as I expected, but a nice gain nonetheless. I predict a slow moving downward trend from here until Module 3 is released. A shame we cannot short this market.

2) Stacks of Rank 5 (99s) were scare and quickly bought up as people poured RP into Artifacts. I expect more supply and lower prices as we enter into the week.

3) Artifacts on the AH had very low prices with the increased supply. I expect a drop in supply and increase in prices in the next couple of weeks. Most likely prices will hover where they are now for a short time.

Best, Trace
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, a very interesting weekend for the markets. I hope everyone had a lovely gain in their trading.

1) The ZAX reached around 400, then hovered between 370's-390's for most of the weekend. Not reaching to 425 as I expected, but a nice gain nonetheless. I predict a slow moving downward trend from here until Module 3 is released. A shame we cannot short this market.

2) Stacks of Rank 5 (99s) were scare and quickly bought up as people poured RP into Artifacts. I expect more supply and lower prices as we enter into the week.

3) Artifacts on the AH had very low prices with the increased supply. I expect a drop in supply and increase in prices in the next couple of weeks. Most likely prices will hover where they are now for a short time.

Best, Trace

Straight from Neverwinter's own "Motley Fool"! Thanks for the insight, Trace.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited February 2014

can predict all you want.
    i tried that too once.
    it depends on offers.
    it dropped because a long time there were not much attractive offers like before.
    which is ok, can`t be party always.
    but ok.. can`t realy predict those kind of things without knowing what offer comes.
    sure it`ll drop, unless legendary mount suddenly gets more movement speed, stuf like that ;p
    just unpossible to predict while pwe controls it.
    edited February 2014
    Trace again with your weekend update!

1) ZAX prices remained steady this weekend, hovering around 380. The lack of volatility points to less buyers and sellers overall.

2) Artifact prices are slowly creeping up from their lows from last weeks lockbox opening frenzy.

3) Stacks of R5 99s are coming back to 100k-110k AD range. Expect those and slightly lower prices this week as supply increases.

4) As noted in another thread, prices of Coalescent Wards have jumped around 30% or more in price. This is due to lockboxes now giving less Talmarune bars.

Happy trading, ladies and gents!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • krimbarbarrojakrimbarbarroja Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Interestingly, ZAX is now aprroaching 400. HUGE resistance there, almost 300k selling positions. Will the story be repeated? Or will be break the resistance?

I love this!! It's like the stock market, but with in-game currency :D!.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Interestingly, ZAX is now aprroaching 400. HUGE resistance there, almost 300k selling positions. Will the story be repeated? Or will be break the resistance?

I love this!! It's like the stock market, but with in-game currency :D!.

The extra ZEN influx from the Ioun Stone of Radiance offer ended, so we're facing a contraction of the offer... but I doubt it will go past the 400 mark, it hasn't been there for ages, even in times when there are no significant events...
  • wcpark3r87wcpark3r87 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey Trace, I know it's not the focus of your guide, but can you comment on the best ways to make money while playing the game? (as opposed to on the AH). I know you mention farming DKC. What else? I'm particularly curious about what is profitable in Sharandar/Dread Ring, and what the best dungeons are to farm for pure AD during DD (or not).
    edited February 2014
    wcpark3r87 wrote: »
    Hey Trace, I know it's not the focus of your guide, but can you comment on the best ways to make money while playing the game? (as opposed to on the AH). I know you mention farming DKC. What else? I'm particularly curious about what is profitable in Sharandar/Dread Ring, and what the best dungeons are to farm for pure AD during DD (or not).

For most players doing multiple Pirate King runs during DD is a good option. Easyish dungeon and pretty decent potential rewards.
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As long as we need to make money, Trace's fantastic original post and ongoing advice will never die. I've sent dozens of players here over the past few months, nice simple F2P folks who were under-equipped and suffering for it. I wonder if there's any chance of getting the original guide "sticky" so it becomes well and truly permanent?
  • helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    myles08807 wrote: »
    As long as we need to make money, Trace's fantastic original post and ongoing advice will never die. I've sent dozens of players here over the past few months, nice simple F2P folks who were under-equipped and suffering for it. I wonder if there's any chance of getting the original guide "sticky" so it becomes well and truly permanent?

+1

Very detailed guide which provides many alternatives to earning AD aside from PVE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    +1 For this wonderful guide and Trace's weekly update. Hope Trace does not get banned for making F2P players super rich :p
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    germmaniac wrote: »
    banned for making F2P players super rich :p

Super-rich, not sure. One of the methods is getting 3k AD with Rhix, then buying one thousand lesser postions of healing, then selling the one thousand potions to an NPC, then with the gold buying a high level potion of healing and selling it for 4k,5k (aka 4k with the AH fee).
    I say, just keep the 3k from Rhix.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    but I doubt it will go past the 400 mark, it hasn't been there for ages, even in times when there are no significant events...

And yet there it is. The only thing that does make sense is anticipation of an influx of AD from Tymora's Gift coming up, to sell higher when players are feeling more wealthy.

Wowzers it's a market frenzy.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yar, sales don't seem to update in the Gateway Zen shop until a while after they go live in the game. At the time I was posting, it was still showing me the old sale and I was operating blind.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm saying that, with the new revamp of PvP and with the decrease in glory earnings for winning/top 10, plus with the increase in the glory cap, we may see scoll of fate: glory (yes Scoll, its an item typo they apparently never fixed, right up there with Excorcist gear) start to rise in pricing. Especially if supplies are already dwindling
    contents to be decided
    edited March 2014
    First of all, thank you for the positive feedback I've received from this guide. It's good to know I'm helping people out.
    wcpark3r87 wrote: »

Before I comment on this, please know that I'm not a PVE junkie at all (which is why I made this guide). I personally do not enjoy farming for gear and selling. However, the most lucrative PVE players I know did this: Ran CN like crazy, the same five players, and they kept a spreadsheet of their drops and sales. They say they averaged around 2kk AD per week per player (meaning they were selling around 10kk AD of items). This requires a trustworthy group, and one person to do the bookkeeping. The benefit of CN, of course, is that you always get Ancient drops.

We did see a lovely little spike up to 420 in the ZAX with the key sales. We'll most likely stay around the 400 range because of the Tymora gift event.

Happy trading to everyone! -Trace
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited March 2014
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    Super-rich, not sure. One of the methods is getting 3k AD with Rhix, then buying one thousand lesser postions of healing, then selling the one thousand potions to an NPC, then with the gold buying a high level potion of healing and selling it for 4k,5k (aka 4k with the AH fee).
    I say, just keep the 3k from Rhix.

Keep in mind, this guide is for people starting with nothing and for the more established traders, short-term and long-term. Some of the other methods can be quite lucrative if used correctly.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    giggliato wrote: »
    1) Undercutting is common in the AH. It happens all the time. I consider a standard undercut around 1%-3%. Meaning, if a seller has an item up for 100,000 AD, 99,000 is a decent undercut. 98k to 97k, however, has much more class.

2) That being said, it is considered very poor etiquette to undercut by 1 AD. If that's the case, but from the person above that seller.

I don't understand why undercuts of 3% is considered better than a 1 AD undercut. A 1 AD undercut has little potential to lower the going price of something. A bunch of 3% undercuts could lower the price of something indefinitely, actually <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the person that you undercut.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
This discussion has been closed.