test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trace's Guide to AD Creation and Wealth Building

Comments

• degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, although some financial trends are also simply caused by increased gameplay traffic on weekends.

IRT thread
    I don't do method #17 because it makes me feel dirty. I do warn people to check exchange rates and do the math prior to purchasing items that can be obtained from the Zen shop (or directly from the WB... though the item description of Marks of Potency tells you they can be bought from the WB so sometimes it's like the buyers of overpriced things just can't be helped). But my ethical stances can't prevent other people from doing it, so I basically agree with Trace. The only person I've ever really argued with about AH practices was someone who was talking about how much he enjoyed selling bags of holes.

Yeah, I don't do Method #17 because it's 1) lame and 2) makes jack for ROI. Collected some nice Range Trade profits today. Still one of my favorite means to trade.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited January 2014
    Method #20 posted. Busy work week here. I'll try and post one or two more on my list soon.

ZAX is hovering around 350-360. If you're a ZAXer, this may be a good time to buy.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • barthanbarthan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    CA we not salvage pvp gear anymore?
    edited January 2014
    barthan wrote: »
    CA we not salvage pvp gear anymore?

Sure can. That falls into Method #6. I may have mentioned you can use Glory, GG Coins, and other currencies. If not I can go back and update the post.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Method 21 posted. Peace, Trace
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • rhorgerhorge Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2014
    Good and quick way to get started is to sell your soul and do a few surveys to earn zen. On average a survey will net you 30-40k AD with no investment whatsoever save for a bit of time.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rhorge wrote: »
    Good and quick way to get started is to sell your soul and do a few surveys to earn zen. On average a survey will net you 30-40k AD with no investment whatsoever save for a bit of time.

Those offers might be region based. I actually tried to see what were they about a few times as I browsed the site, always the same message "we're sorry, no offers etc.".
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    With the new refining system I think it might be time to revisit the good old grind as well. Back in the days right after Mod1 before bots killed all the value I was making decent money farming with 4x Greater Fey Blessings. The ICD is about 20 seconds I think and with a 12% procrate you are easily able to get two enchants per minute, 120/hour. Nowadays the price is based on RP and one RP sells for 1.5-2 AD. That would make 50k-60k AD per hour.

Time investment is high and it's boring though and because the Fey Blessings are now treated like Armor and Weapon Enchants, it's much harder to get to a Greater. Before Mod2 you would just have to get 16 off the AH (800k) and invest minor AD in Preservation Wards. Now the Reagents alone cost you 900k and RPs add about 900k as well.

But if you made your Greater Fey Blessings pre Mod2 and have time to spare, why not?
    edited January 2014
    Method #22 posted. Peace, Trace
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Method #23 posted.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Method #24 posted.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Method #23 edited.

Method #25 posted.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    It is definitely a well thought out AD earning FAQ. I applaud for your effort. Normally I only do the leadership, which is a fine AD generator :)

To be more realistic, most of the time, a character will have 5 slots opened for most of the time. (3 slots from leveling Leadership to level 10, 1 slot from character to level 30, and 1 more slot if the player gets 2 heroes to do just one task to open it). These 5 boxes are the easiest to achieve with minimal supervision (maybe other than the 2 heroes, if in a guild perhaps can ask for assistance.)

Ideally. with 2 common tasks on Fighting Spellplague (at Leadership level 16, which will take some time) and 3 common tasks on Battle Undead every 6 hours, that is 2000 RAD every 6 hours. Try to do this 3 times per day, and that is 6000 RAD. So, realistically, a character can easily have 42000 Rad every week. Multiply by the number of characters a player have and the player will get that much RAD every week. Once the character reaches level 60 and/or leadership to level 20, then 2 more slots will be available, but that will be in a much longer time.

With 2 rare tasks on Protecting Crystal Shipment and 3 common tasks on Collecting Taxes, that will be 7200 RAD every time, but both tasks require ingredients, and rare task is rare.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Again, you may want to consider rewriting #17 and #24. Imagine that someone follows the two "guides" and successfully rips off others, and those who be ripped off will then be very sad and frustrated. Are you really okay with seeing that happens?

If you want to warn people of scams, you could write them in footnotes or in another thread.
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    With the new refining system I think it might be time to revisit the good old grind as well. Back in the days right after Mod1 before bots killed all the value I was making decent money farming with 4x Greater Fey Blessings. The ICD is about 20 seconds I think and with a 12% procrate you are easily able to get two enchants per minute, 120/hour. Nowadays the price is based on RP and one RP sells for 1.5-2 AD. That would make 50k-60k AD per hour.

Time investment is high and it's boring though and because the Fey Blessings are now treated like Armor and Weapon Enchants, it's much harder to get to a Greater. Before Mod2 you would just have to get 16 off the AH (800k) and invest minor AD in Preservation Wards. Now the Reagents alone cost you 900k and RPs add about 900k as well.

But if you made your Greater Fey Blessings pre Mod2 and have time to spare, why not?

I have been wondering about the ICD of the Fey Blessings, I'll have to look into it, currently working on an infinite fey blessing foundry farm, for WIP check out my handle under review section.
    edited January 2014
    Again, you may want to consider rewriting #17 and #24. Imagine that someone follows the two "guides" and successfully rips off others, and those who be ripped off will then be very sad and frustrated. Are you really okay with seeing that happens?

If you want to warn people of scams, you could write them in footnotes or in another thread.

What if that person gets ripped off once and then learns the hard way never, ever to do that again? Again, Ian, this thread is not about morality, ethics, or playing a Lawful Good alignment. It's about ways to make AD without running PVE content. The people that use those methods are not doing anything illegal or against the TOS.

It's also their risk because they've just made a bad name for themselves by using those methods, and honestly, they rarely, rarely work.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited January 2014
    giggliato wrote: »
    I have been wondering about the ICD of the Fey Blessings, I'll have to look into it, currently working on an infinite fey blessing foundry farm, for WIP check out my handle under review section.

30 sec cool down. Those farms already exist. I simply don't have the patience to sit there and mash buttons for hours on end. I may as well run PVE if I'm going to do that.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What if that person gets ripped off once and then learns the hard way never, ever to do that again? Again, Ian, this thread is not about morality, ethics, or playing a Lawful Good alignment. It's about ways to make AD without running PVE content. The people that use those methods are not doing anything illegal or against the TOS.

It's also their risk because they've just made a bad name for themselves by using those methods, and honestly, they rarely, rarely work.
    Alright.

While people who use those methods make bad names, how about people who teach those methods? This really is an interesting question.
    edited January 2014
    Alright.

While people who use those methods make bad names, how about people who teach those methods? This really is an interesting question.

Judge all you want, my conscience is clear. You say I'm teaching others, I say I'm making them aware of scams and ripoffs. It's all perspective.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • dsolzdsolz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sharing these methods make the AH market more efficient in the long run and item prices settle to the equilibrium faster. So to me it is good.

Like now ppl hate botters but with enough of these botters around, the prices of items like peridot go down and everyone benefits.
    edited January 2014
    Method #26 posted. Peace, Trace
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    30 sec cool down. Those farms already exist. I simply don't have the patience to sit there and mash buttons for hours on end. I may as well run PVE if I'm going to do that.

I'm talking about 24 hours a day 7 days week foundry running inside a virtual machine. Still, probably cant beat the professional bots but perhaps one day...
    edited January 2014
    I just wanted to make a shout out and say "thank you" to many of the players who've bought some of my trades on the AH for more than the same items selling for less. I appreciate your support and hope that this guide can increase your digital wealth here in Neverwinter!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Moderator Notices:
    . . . Let's stick to Community-Building and positive ideas/guides. Scrupulous and/or less than positive suggestions will not be tolerated. #17, #24 and #26 have been removed. Please don't reply to this Notice, instead contact us via PM to discuss forum moderation. Thanks!
    edited January 2014
    Thanks, Zeb. I try to keep everything in concert with the ToS and meant to harm by the methods you removed.

I'm going to post some AH etiquette in the first thread here in a min. Best, Trace
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks to this im Sitting on a nice (not by some standards but enough to make me happy) pile of AD. I only have 4 character slots but I pretty much max my RAD refinement on all each day. Not to say im making 100k a day more like 20-30k combined profit. This is mostly due to Grand gear salvaging and a few others I keep my eyes on. I just make sure to check out the AH during and after a DD. Just had to say thanks to all the contributors and the op for maintaining this :)

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

edited January 2014
    Thanks to this im Sitting on a nice (not by some standards but enough to make me happy) pile of AD. I only have 4 character slots but I pretty much max my RAD refinement on all each day. Not to say im making 100k a day more like 20-30k combined profit. This is mostly due to Grand gear salvaging and a few others I keep my eyes on. I just make sure to check out the AH during and after a DD. Just had to say thanks to all the contributors and the op for maintaining this :)

Word. That's what it's here for. Thanks for the shout out.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What's wrong with undercutting by 1 AD? That's how the AH works.

It's like farming and litteraly flooding a market to ruin it and buy cheap items when others have posted their own items. Or buying such items when someone else did that. Someone posted like 20 lesser fey blessings for cheap last week. It's been a pleasure to take advantage of these sellers! :cool:

When someone adds an item on the AH it means they are willing to sell it for the price they chose. Ruining a market is a win-win scenario, but someone is winning more in the process. Nothing wrong with that either. Learn how cycles work, save farmed gear, severely undercut when you know the prices will drop, and profit.
    edited January 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    What's wrong with undercutting by 1 AD? That's how the AH works.

Undercutting by 1 AD is plain-old jerkish (I'd love to use a harsher word). Otherwise, business is business, and I have no issue with undercutting.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Method #17 posted: Creating a Foundry. Would love some feedback from people who've made Foundries. Only one person in my guild has made some.

Apologies for not updating this guide in a bit. Crazy work week.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
This discussion has been closed.