Options

GCTRL's "Sentinel" Cleric Tank for PvP - 25% Deflect/1k Regen/2kDef

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    lazureelazuree Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jenisyde wrote: »
    I rock 1 point in cleanse and don't notice a big difference from 2pts or 3pts.
    And you probably don't pvp competitively no offense.
    10% is quite a huge difference for each point. Adding in an extra point doubles the odds. As someone who has pvp'd since June.... I can say the points make a difference especially since I have multiple clerics. Please don't mislead people just because it does not follow what you use. We do not push our builds on you so don't tell people to ignore it because of your experience.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Long term PvP DC will have 3 points in cleanse, why? We cleanse every 3 heals while you cleanse every 10 heals. That is the difference, we can remove the dangerous debuffs asap but you? maybe at the last second only u remove the debuff and wait for your internal cooldown for cleanse, totally wasted. For DC in pve or only pvp for daily, 1 point is sufficient. Move those point into bountiful fortune (104)
  • Options
    raist718raist718 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    from the two above posts imagine 302 on the last group is pretty standard for pvp. 033,303,030,302 is what I have been running and thought about sneaking some points into healing action on my DO, but at a decline of cleanse its not worth it. and not even sure healing action would even add enough to be useful.
    Wake | Halfling | DC/DO
    Raist Torilrocker | Dwarf | DC/AC

Waterdeep Dungeon & Salvage LLC
    Twitch
  • Options
    spikefrspikefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Could someone tell me what and why is the skill choose in virtuous feats ? there is no name and icons are the same.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    From the front page? It's rising hope. One point in rising hope is enough for almost 100% uptime if you're spamming stuff, which in PvP you usually are. Most people use two points for guaranteed 100% uptime, but I'm guessing this build doesn't have the spare points.
  • Options
    spikefrspikefr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for your reply.
    Is this build still have value today since last update is 2 months old ?
    Any advice about an other build ?
  • Options
    devilsown79devilsown79 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ive been trying this build out from level up ,,, not speaking from endgame ,,, but ,, have to be honest due to rooting from HR's (which Hrs are ruining PVP left and right if you ask me but that's another topic.) from what I have seen on my endgame toons ,,, theres no such thing as a node holder cleric at this time, too many arrows with too many roots you can't negotiate or kite anyone when your anchored down by some plant ,,, which in my opinion needs to be heavily nerfed at this point and yes I'm emphasizing Hrs here but its the problem with trying to do this build I find there's no such thing as deflection against an Hr right right now. the reason Im building mine is ,, the hope that Cryptic takes notice of this, and PWE stops making so much money off them so it can finally be fixed. right now PVP for a cleric i can honestly bet is not fun.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In my opinion, after giving up deflect on my main after i respec it and turn in into squishy god healer, if i timed correctly and dodge or use my immune skills, i wont die. So you can consider do a dwarf with 20 con 20 wis and 19 cha, HP is a more important stat if the future pvp changes jump in, everyone is tankier so a larger hp pool is needed. AND Gctrl's version is special, if we saw a cleric backcapping or at mid, we will burst him to death asap. UNLESS you are the one that can stall at least 3 at a time with your HP always full, then only go sent build. I saw some really immortal DC in pug and after i hit him for 10 sec i left him for my teammate and i go to mid to help the others. Our perma stealth backcapper from pug go their base so mid is the only node to fight. Still managed to 2v3 at mid even with poor defensive stat, you may try with High Prophet set, it is one of the best end game gear and it is just T1!!
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    we need gctrl back, random comments don`t help me ;p
    need to know what`s the most tanky thing at the moment, with the new paragon thing.
    i mean, if this is still better then the new one.
    farmed too much, can`t think straight enough anymore to figure out myself.

what blues are there btw, saw 1k hp rings once, but guess they re only for gf.
    i don`t know.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Might be worth waiting till the new PvP stuff goes live, since god knows what 'tenacity' is going to do to trolltank builds.
  • Options
    mdiqmdiq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So how does this build perform in the most recent patches?
  • Options
    krazypunk117krazypunk117 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm actually curious myself, I have a DC at level 40 and want to focus mainly in PvP so was hoping this is still viable.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm actually curious myself, I have a DC at level 40 and want to focus mainly in PvP so was hoping this is still viable.

Its a old build two metas ago..

So the short is answer is no, its no longer viable as it once was.

Short answer to building a tanky cleric is going to be , choose AC, stack regen , deflect and defense where you can and use a profound set till you get the BI ones. (some choose MH as its a powerful Armour set for self heals, but we are so nerfed in that area, I just dont think its all that helpful in pvp anymore, pre pvp patch, MH, ashield and I could literally stand in the circle and fight HRs , wouldn't even dodge anything.)

Dont expect to be some super gods empowered player , even with a tanky build any GWF geared up will destroy you in a 2-3 rotations at most, but its not about per se beating opponents ,its about the time you can stay on the node and help your players. If you are left alone , as alot of pugs will do, all you can do is try to stay alive and hope they come back in time not to lose the node.
  • Options
    raist724raist724 Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2014
    This is a old build but still relevant today. Lot of wisdom on this thread.

I still basically run this spec and setup. Under 15k gear score and #5 DC on leaderboard at 12 midnight of day 1 of module 4. Until you get BI gear this works.
    Wake | Halfling | DC
    Raist Torilrocker | Dwarf | DCWaterdeep Dungeon & Salvage LLC
    http://www.twitch.tv/raist718/profile
  • Options
    spikefr21spikefr21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As they change feats in the module 5.
    Is there someone that could give a new build that would give the same result ?
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    THis is DC part of the forum and noone here to turn this undead?
  • Options
    flupperyfluppery Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ulviel wrote: »
    THis is DC part of the forum and noone here to turn this undead?

6 months later and still no new information added.

A lot of the guide has good information, and a lot of it is outdated so just keep that in mind when you build your DC. Following some things can mislead you to building a bad DC.

I've pointed this out in hopes that people will start writing some new guides, but my post was attacked and then closed by a community moderater so it wouldn't go anywhere. Go figure. And the only "updated" guide for DCs now is also becoming outdated because the guy says he's leaving it as is, even with information that has become incorrect due to updates to the game.