What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GCTRL's "Sentinel" Cleric Tank for PvP - 25% Deflect/1k Regen/2kDef

Comments

• Options
    darkshogundarkshogun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thanx for the information I'm gonna use off hand from teh cn for more healing power
  • Options
    veritasfiveritasfi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So, how important is the initial race and roll for this build? I am currently a lvl 27 and do not have a ton of time to play so re-rolling is upsetting to me.
  • Options
    lordkelthornlordkelthorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    halfling dex/con is very important imho
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    veritasfi wrote: »
    So, how important is the initial race and roll for this build? I am currently a lvl 27 and do not have a ton of time to play so re-rolling is upsetting to me.

It is critical to the total effectiveness of this build.

You can gain some benefit by stacking what Deflection you can as a DC of any other race and attributes. But unlike most stats, 40% of it comes from attributes and race in this case (i.e. 10% Deflection out of 25% total Deflection).

Level 30 is around the levels many people re-roll for their optimal stats since it does not take long to get that level. Better to have no regrets if you're serious about this build.

This is one of the few build types (DEX/CON) I would ever recommend a re-roll for in the game. It also works on GF and GWF. The only other ones I can think of that are effective (though not necessarily recommend) are STR or INT rogue builds.
  • Options
    asynchritusasynchritus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Good build against pugs, even with the stray gearking.

However, cc is your enemy and every good premade chains cc. Wierd that a game puts high damage (or any damage) on cc abilities.
  • Options
    gudgeonatorgudgeonator Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I like this build - but take careful note of the suggested enchants at rank 6/7 minimum - and the gear with defense slots required to stack them. Skimping on these will definitely affect your enjoyment. With rank 6 silvers in defense slots, and most but not all the gear listed for the build - I can only make it to 1227 deflect, but a bit more regen, less defense, and no armor enchant as yet. That's just not enough tankyness on a DC built for this purpose.

Getting socketed pants will bump it up a little, and the offhand would be nice also. But difference is obviously noticeable at this stage. Regen & a heal will get me up and running again in no time - but without the full tanky package a TR oneshot is still a reality, and tying up more than one player is usually a matter of delaying my death to prevent the cap rather than forcing a stalemate.

I also went heavy virtuous tree for pve content purposes - and there this is also a shiny sweet build that melts mobs fast with aoe damage encounters slotted and nothing else. But the pvp utility loss is definitely felt, even when slotted with just heals & mitigation.

However - this is definitely not one of those builds where if you don't have the cash for the specific enchants required (e.g. a gf/gwf tene build), then it's super gimp. It is still fun and viable with less enchant investment - just not quite as much fun I suspect :)
  • Options
    bramzijp2bramzijp2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    May i ask from wich source you got Angelic gauntlets? i only found one for level 55.
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Sorry for any absent replies, I've just recently been unbanned :)
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Good build against pugs, even with the stray gearking.

However, cc is your enemy and every good premade chains cc. Wierd that a game puts high damage (or any damage) on cc abilities.

CC is anyones enemy, but this build will give you the best possible chance of surviving long cc chains as Cleric.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    bramzijp2 wrote: »
    May i ask from wich source you got Angelic gauntlets? i only found one for level 55.

Not sure where they drop from, usually you can find a pair on the AH for quite cheap.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    However - this is definitely not one of those builds where if you don't have the cash for the specific enchants required (e.g. a gf/gwf tene build), then it's super gimp. It is still fun and viable with less enchant investment - just not quite as much fun I suspect :)

Yeah, its not the cheapest build around, but it certainly isn't expensive by any means, especially considering the fact that Silverys are so cheap these days.
  • Options
    seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    i was thinking about this feats for pvp, u loose 4% dmg resist from foresight,but gain ability to lower dmg by 10% and crt chance by 5%
    with improved astral seal and brand of the sun

hkmu.jpg
  • Options
    bramzijp2bramzijp2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    seraphid wrote: »
    i was thinking about this feats for pvp, u loose 4% dmg resist from foresight,but gain ability to lower dmg by 10% and crt chance by 5%

Lol, Foresight gives 6% dmg resist with talents 11%. I think you should go either defensive for healing in pvp. or you can go glass cannon but thats just my cup of cake. I find myself healing fine in pve aswell with Gctrl's build.

P.S. Gctrl i never see the angelic gauntlets on AH on mindflayer, what base stats does it have?
  • Options
    seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    bramzijp2 wrote: »
    Lol, Foresight gives 6% dmg resist with talents 11%. I think you should go either defensive for healing in pvp. or you can go glass cannon but thats just my cup of cake. I find myself healing fine in pve aswell with Gctrl's build.

P.S. Gctrl i never see the angelic gauntlets on AH on mindflayer, what base stats does it have?

i didnt say u unslot foresight, instead u can have 7% dmg reduction down from 11%, and get rly good dbuffs on opponents,i would even take 6 poitns from faithfull and put that into 100% more stamina regen when u got crt and last 1/1 feat which heals u and ur team when u get hit.
    that feats make a lot bigger impact in pvp than faithfull tree.

lv 58 angelic gauntlets :191 def,215 deflect,343 regeneration
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    seraphid wrote: »

hkmu.jpg

It's not a bad idea, but I like the 5% max hp heal on Hallowed Ground from Moon Touched, not to mention that you're not really ever going to be in a position to cast astral seal and brand of the sun on multiple targets that are attacking you, its just impractical to even try. I think your feat setup could be pretty strong for 1v1, but overall you need to build something that does well in different situations.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    - Updated -
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Still loving this build (well - sorta this build). I like it more with healing step than moontouched. Note - trying virtuous tree to nimbus of light is great - if you ever use daunting light in pvp. But you are nowhere near as survivable. break the spirit is more useful for pvp i've found.
  • Options
    darkshogundarkshogun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    HI again Gcontrol what do you think about barkshield armor enchantment instead of negation?

Barkshield is always active and negation is based on luck and have cooldown
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    darkshogun wrote: »
    HI again Gcontrol what do you think about barkshield armor enchantment instead of negation?

Barkshield is always active and negation is based on luck and have cooldown

After some testing, I've tried out Barkshield and it's overall better than negation. I've updated the guide since.
  • Options
    falcofordfalcoford Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I have done the same sort of stat roll with my cleric, but I did this after they nerfed astral shield. I made a halfling, with max con, then dex. I then slotted all my defensive enchants with radiants for max hp. I then wore miracle healer set, mostly hp stuff. I ended up with 34k hp. Miracle healer with every encounter heals me 1700 every sunburst cast, or every healing word cast or every astral shield cast. I am near unkillable, unless of course i get cc'd to death XD. For offense, you may be surprised but I use tenebs which make me reallly fkn scary :) Iunno, you specced all into deflect, while I specced into max hp. Don't get me wrong, the halfling deflection is pretty awesome as a race bonus. From cleric to cleric, since it seems u got lots of moolah, u shud try it. MAX HP, MIRACLE HEALER SET, GREATER TENEBS. tell me what u think
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I am using the Righteous tree at the moment, and have climbed up to Sovereign Justice. Does anyone have an idea about the heal that it provides when it procs? Sometimes it seems that it heals for a lot depending on the attack but I am not entirely sure.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    falcoford wrote: »
    I have done the same sort of stat roll with my cleric, but I did this after they nerfed astral shield. I made a halfling, with max con, then dex. I then slotted all my defensive enchants with radiants for max hp. I then wore miracle healer set, mostly hp stuff. I ended up with 34k hp. Miracle healer with every encounter heals me 1700 every sunburst cast, or every healing word cast or every astral shield cast. I am near unkillable, unless of course i get cc'd to death XD. For offense, you may be surprised but I use tenebs which make me reallly fkn scary :) Iunno, you specced all into deflect, while I specced into max hp. Don't get me wrong, the halfling deflection is pretty awesome as a race bonus. From cleric to cleric, since it seems u got lots of moolah, u shud try it. MAX HP, MIRACLE HEALER SET, GREATER TENEBS. tell me what u think

The idea for this build is to be as tanky as possible, mitigate damage on my teammates, light heal, and hold points by myself. Having lots of hp is nice, but it will not save you in truly dire situations. The longest cc chain I've lived through with this build is 17 seconds (and I didnt have an SF armor enchant). This can only be done if you have a high amount of deflect. And living through cc is the true test of Cleric's viability in PvP (ie. how long can you survive being focused by the other team without using your abilities). I've seen the build you're running before, if anything it's a hybrid build, especially with tenes. It's a fun build, but not really close to what this build is trying to accomplished.
  • Options
    supahpenguinosupahpenguino Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hi Gtrl. I'm a bit confused. My gear (excluding the enchants) is exactly like yours aside from the main hand and the off-hand. However, my regen only gets up to 584. Yes i know the nightmare icon has 70-90 regen on it but that doesn't account for the missing 300ish regen points. My stats,powers, and feats are the exact same so what exactly am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The blue ... of youth items have two different versions. Maybe you are using the lvl 60 ones with lesser stats? The difference is about the same as t1 vs t2 armor statrolls. They have different icons too.
  • Options
    supahpenguinosupahpenguino Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dnosrc wrote: »
    The blue ... of youth items have two different versions. Maybe you are using the lvl 60 ones with lesser stats? The difference is about the same as t1 vs t2 armor statrolls. They have different icons too.

Now that you mention it my headgear and boots look different than his. Idk if it'll comepletely make them the same so far but your advice helps thanks :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    If you find other differences - particularly in deflect score, I think gctrl also uses rank 8 or better silvery enchantments, while the guide says 6/7 minimum (that's not a dig - no reason to use the minimum if better is an option).

Based on: my character's deflect is very close to gctrl's, most gear is the same, and race & ability scores likewise, and the deflect boon from fairy land. But I have a 300+ deflect blue armor piece (miracle healer has no deflect), and a +100 deflect off-hand (nightmare icon - none in AH - don't know if it's deflecty), and only a grand necklace (ancient has 4 more deflect points). I also have a mix of silvery 6's & 7's in all defense slots, including pants. I think the extra deflect from my different armor pieces is patching the gaps left by my lower rank silvers. If I can trade up on those I will deflect time & space itself!

Still super useful but relying on the armor piece for that much deflect means I can't use an armor enhancement - there are no armor pieces for DC with deflect *and* an enhancement slot. kind of galling given that *every* other class has epic armor pieces with deflect (combined with regen in many cases). Not that I can afford more than a lesser anyway :)
  • Options
    shienarashienara Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There is one armor-piece with deflect and an enhancement-slot its called "Armor of the Avatar". Has 10AC, 342 crit, 293 def, 547deflect, defense and enhancement-slot on it. I luckily got that from ah but it seems very seldom.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    shienara wrote: »
    There is one armor-piece with deflect and an enhancement-slot its called "Armor of the Avatar". Has 10AC, 342 crit, 293 def, 547deflect, defense and enhancement-slot on it. I luckily got that from ah but it seems very seldom.

thanks for the heads up - I'll look for that one. Maybe like the angelic gauntlets - not on the AH very much.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    you will find angelic gauntlet as lv55 items at the Pegasus seal vendor.

About armor, its probably here too but not so sure... T2 is way better in main slot and 12AC... 2AC is a very huge difference!!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    i am using such build on a new toon. from 10 to 48 quite fast and safe :) i can take on 2v1 easily as long i dont get perma locked....i can jump into 5 enemy, run in circles pop some stuff and survive easily... only weakness is wizards since i can not kite them and they still do hell of damage. but i also suggest my fellow team mate to kill wizard first, which will lead in a sure victory and quick match. :)

if you want to make some easy score, just pop divine and burn anybody under 20% life :) killshot is easy with this :)

This is how i play it... kite enemies, annoy wizard as much as possible, support my party and finish off runners (i love to finish cocky GWFs hahahaha so hilarous they keep QQ and moaning and calling me $$$ player while this toon earn me more crystal then i can spend lol!)

May i suggest the new elven battle enchant in armor slot?

Also the fairy enchant may be good too, debuff enemy damage sound really interesting in survival ^_^