What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GCTRL's "Sentinel" Cleric Tank for PvP - 25% Deflect/1k Regen/2kDef

Comments

• Options
    battlestationvbattlestationv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    quick question, what would you recommend to replace the angelic gauntlets since i think they no longer drop or vendor doesnt sell them or unless you are lucky and someone has them on the AH very expensive but if you cant afford them any alternative that comes to mind? also is that version of examplars head a sharandar random drop?
  • Options
    josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you can't find the pegasus angelic gloves (legacy item), try the green House of Xorlarrin gloves. More defense and deflect, less regen.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    jaradofwindcrestjaradofwindcrest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Are the House Xorlarrin Bracers a quest reward?
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hey gctrl... Quick question... Had 2 guildies tell me that you were somehow able to not be proned at all whatsoever mutliple times... I told them that's pretty imposible... Am i missing something... Only thing i could think is a) perfect bark is somehow negating an attack altogether, not just the bears... Or
    B) you are somehow able to spam hammer of fate.. I've checked out you vids and havent really seen it in action myself... But just bringing it to your attention that the rumor is you are somehow anti prone...
    If this is true help a fellow dc out with some insight... We have similar builds except i have 5 points in linked to help out when i pve... And to make up for lost deflection due to bad race choice... Anyways... Cheers homie.

Lol, thats an interesting rumor. The reason why I can resist prones sometimes is because I have an extra 10% to Control Resist from being a Halfling. I don't use HoF in PvP anymore and Bark does not cancel out CC.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    quick question, what would you recommend to replace the angelic gauntlets since i think they no longer drop or vendor doesnt sell them or unless you are lucky and someone has them on the AH very expensive but if you cant afford them any alternative that comes to mind? also is that version of examplars head a sharandar random drop?

I've been told where they drop but I've been sworn to secrecy on it. Sorry friend.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    So I know they're going to be insanely priced right now as they just started dropping, but it seems like Cruel Enchants would be a clerics BiS in defense slot right? Maybe not if you're stacking blues with regen as you need more defense from azures.

Edit: completely off topic, but is lemonade stand still together? I heard rumors about some people leaving the game.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I suspect Cruel prices will mirror Savage behavior; that is to say, they may actually be lower now than later when they no longer drop (when event ends)

BiS enchant depends on (1) your gear balance and (2) what your pvp opponents are doing. As armor pen becomes less prevalent, deflect becomes less beneficial relative to defense. And vice versa. Cruels offer a nice balance, but at quite the expense. It's generally easier to go unbalanced gear (high defense) and then supplement w/ silvery for deflection.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    So I know they're going to be insanely priced right now as they just started dropping, but it seems like Cruel Enchants would be a clerics BiS in defense slot right? Maybe not if you're stacking blues with regen as you need more defense from azures.

Edit: completely off topic, but is lemonade stand still together? I heard rumors about some people leaving the game.

On mine I did pure silveries but I have the Exemplar's Chain armor of Protection as my chest piece which gives 1110 defence and add that to the rest of the defence you are putting on lands me at about 38% damage reduction so I needed to focus on deflect which will probably land me at 25% once I upgrade my silveries to rank 8 + halfling bonus + max dex.

Also I would agree on the House Xorlarrin bracers being a suitable alternative.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    Lol, thats an interesting rumor. The reason why I can resist prones sometimes is because I have an extra 10% to Control Resist from being a Halfling. I don't use HoF in PvP anymore and Bark does not cancel out CC.

I have faced Dwarf and Halfing DCs often and can confirm this procs a LOT more than you would think. It can be a surprising pain on my GF since the wasted Encounter cooldowns are long. Thankfully, there are very few DC's that use gctrl's build or even tips from it, so they generally die a few seconds later anyway.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I've been told where they drop but I've been sworn to secrecy on it. Sorry friend.

hehehe, ok well since there are a version in the pegasus vendor but a terrible one at that im just guessing that they drop in a dungeon that drops those seals. guess ill have to run some lower dungeons to find out. i know armor of the avatar drops in lower karru guess ill try there first.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

If you can maintain the appropriate amount of deflect (25% I think should be the standard) then Cruels will definitely be the go-to defense enchants for this spec. Right now I don't think you'd be able to fully slot Cruels everywhere and hold that, even with rank 10s (Although I have run the numbers on it yet). If you have rank 9/10 silveries you might be able to take out 1 or 2 and put some Cruels in to boost your defense some.

Only person that has left the game recently was Lantis (which sucked), but everyone else is still here.
  • Options
    mikeym80mikeym80 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

I've went through some dungeons and compared some of the blue drops off the boss's compared to the seal items. They are basically the same, however with increased stats from the boss drops. I'm currently farming Karru normal to see if these will drop. Just a hunch but I think this is where they will drop. Maybe even SP or DV normal. Has to be one of these three.
    1z4y45e.jpg
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mikeym80 wrote: »
    I've went through some dungeons and compared some of the blue drops off the boss's compared to the seal items. They are basically the same, however with increased stats from the boss drops. I'm currently farming Karru normal to see if these will drop. Just a hunch but I think this is where they will drop. Maybe even SP or DV normal. Has to be one of these three.

The Angelic Gauntlets? Was under the impression they were only from the seal vendor prior to the rework. So pretty much like a legacy item (meaning no longer available, except through other players trade/AH). They're lvl 58 items btw.

If you do find them in a dungeon, please share. Would like one of these.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The Angelic Gauntlets? Was under the impression they were only from the seal vendor prior to the rework. So pretty much like a legacy item (meaning no longer available, except through other players trade/AH). They're lvl 58 items btw.

If you do find them in a dungeon, please share. Would like one of these.

It is a drop. They both existed at the same time pre-Feywild.

Not only do they have very different skins (Regen one TOP and Seal one BOTTOM):

iXLS5IR.jpg
    zR0mAls.jpg

... but also, the drop one was always selling for a very low price in AH prior to GCTRL's guide/Feywild (I know because I had them well before as part of an ordinary Regen build).

If you tracked the "Devoted Cleric Armor and Weapon Skins" thread, you would also know they are different items.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    K guess Ill do some random farming. Maybe when I get to lvl 58 with CW ill just farm everywhere I can.

But the stats for both the arms are the same correct? Would be nice if a Dev/CM could confirm these arms can drop from somewhere, even if you don't specify where.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    K guess Ill do some random farming. Maybe when I get to lvl 58 with CW ill just farm everywhere I can.

But the stats for both the arms are the same correct? Would be nice if a Dev/CM could confirm these arms can drop from somewhere, even if you don't specify where.

No, they are not the same - that was kinda the point of my previous post.

Drop: level 58, +191 Defense, +215 Deflection, +343 Regeneration, Utility Slot.
    Pegasus Seals: level 55, +496 Defense, +159 Deflection, Utility Slot.
  • Options
    danfixdanfix Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    No, they are not the same - that was kinda the point of my previous post.

Drop: level 58, +191 Defense, +215 Deflection, +343 Regeneration, Utility Slot.
    Pegasus Seals: level 55, +496 Defense, +159 Deflection, Utility Slot.

7bvt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    just out of curiousity why you didnt choose to use 2x greater ring of repulsion instead of the ones you have these rings have 150 def 150 deflect and 125 regen and a def socket i think they might be the better choice .
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    just out of curiousity why you didnt choose to use 2x greater ring of repulsion instead of the ones you have these rings have 150 def 150 deflect and 125 regen and a def socket i think they might be the better choice .

I need the HP more than the extra defense/deflect. There is an argument to be made for ditching my Greater Ring of Health for a Repulsion, I'll probably do that once I have my third boon (700 more hp) which would cover that and then some. If you feel you're good in the HP department, then Repulsions are currently the best choice.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    on a side not i found where the gauntlets drop ; )
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I need the HP more than the extra defense/deflect. There is an argument to be made for ditching my Greater Ring of Health for a Repulsion, I'll probably do that once I have my third boon (700 more hp) which would cover that and then some. If you feel you're good in the HP department, then Repulsions are currently the best choice.
    im confused in your gear setup your using greater ring of health which unless there is a better version im missing it is +188 regen or maybe +217 regen so having 2 replusions instead of 1 greater rin and the ancient priests would give you 300+def and 300+ def and 250+ regen leaving out the defense sockets so where would the loss of hp be there? doesnt greater ring of health have a defense socket and if so did you put a radiant in it?

EDIT:ahh i see i forgot it has +hp still isnt it only like 500ish yeah once you get the 700 boon ditch that for 2x repulsion also for the exemplars head and boots are they sharandar drops i know theres 2 diffrent versions at 60?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    josiahiyon wrote: »
    Fun build.

Curious though: Why not go with 2 Ancient Burning Lights and 1 Thickgristle belt?

Impact:

-44 region
    +75 health
    +69 defense
    +69 deflection

Is 44 regen really worth that much?

This is a better approach than the posted build and the 2 repulsion build, imo. And it's a lot cheaper.
    Defense, Deflect, Health all > regen, so long as regen ~ 1000.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
  • Options
    jaradofwindcrestjaradofwindcrest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    on a side not i found where the gauntlets drop ; )

Care to share with the rest of the class?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    josiahiyon wrote: »
    This is a better approach than the posted build and the 2 repulsion build, imo. And it's a lot cheaper.
    Defense, Deflect, Health all > regen, so long as regen ~ 1000.

Sorry I missed your post, I'll double check this when server is back up.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Care to share with the rest of the class?

It's most likely normal Karru. The description says it drops lvl 58 items.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Caverns_of_Karrundax

But it doesn't list the gauntlets, though Im pretty certain most those loot tables in the wiki are incomplete, probably half wrong.
    We can pretend.
    Oh Wonder - Without You

- Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    jonaqjonaq Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    About Starting ability scores:

If DEX and CON are so important for this build, why do you not put more points into those 2 and less in for example STR and INT?
  • Options
    gudgeonatorgudgeonator Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jonaq wrote: »

If DEX and CON are so important for this build, why do you not put more points into those 2 and less in for example STR and INT?

Unfortunately, neither CON nor DEX is a primary or secondary ability for divine clerics. That means that the character creation *rolls* to maximize these from the start are limited, as base values for non-core abilities range between 8 and 12 to my knowledge. And in fact they aren't rolls - there's a list of possible stat combos per class and the character selection process merely samples one from the list every time you reroll.

Ability-Scores-List-of-all-possible-rolled-combinations

Gctrl's build is based on one of the optimal combos of highish dex & con from the base selection, and the plusses to both from racial bonuses. Then picking dex & con for your 4 optional stat allocations at level 10,20,40 & 50. and then including the 2 levels where you get +1 to all stats (30 and 60).
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    jonaq wrote: »

In Neverwinter, all Ability Scores gain +2 automatically from levelling. You cannot re-allocate these points.

GCTRL's starting Ability Score combination (WIS/STR/CHA/INT/CON/DEX=15/13/15/11/10/12) is optimized for maximum DEX and then maximum CON. Since Ability Scores combinations are not truly random, there is no way to achieve a higher combination than this.
  • Options
    ataranesataranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited October 2013
    Now. About those gloves....
    Steelkat/Unfrozen Caveman - DCs
    Guild Leader of MOPP4
    MOPP 4′s community was created to cater to those who have served or currently serve in the armed forces around the world as well as friends, family & supporters of the armed forces. We also now proudly support the Wounded Warrior Project. For more details please go here.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It's most likely normal Karru. The description says it drops lvl 58 items.

I should've been more specific. I'm seeking answers to questions like, "Who drops it?" and "Were you able to farm it with your DC or do you have a farming alt?"