test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen Market price changes - Prices permanently reduced!

Comments

• Options
    theshadowlivestheshadowlives Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kramerzfl wrote: »
    The game play on this game has been pretty **** good. The service "after the sale" has be teh suck. No responses to my tickets other than "your tickets have been closed." Give me a full size GD howler, and keep the 4000 zen, or refund my zen and take the **** thing back!

I had three STO tickets that I just closed today. All three were open for 530+ days with no reply. Yup, ticket responses suck. Before some PWE lacky says check my emails and spam filters ... I did ... I also work a tech ticketing environment, so I know when a support structure isn't working as is should.
  • Options
    essaidisessaidis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well since they ain't answering back in this thread, there seems to be no reason to post this but I will anyway, I am a bit pissed about this, not the change, but the fact that those of us who has supported the game from the very beginning and bought expensive mounts and companions, are being over looked would be nice to have the amount that we payed extra returned in diamonds, I'm not asking for the money back to buy something random with I'm simply asking for the extra we payed back in diamonds so we can buy some more bag space or what not, cause at this rate I wont be spending any more money, cause I would hate myself to be a lab rat that you can test your price on and then be left in the cold when permanently lowering it... and since the game is still in OB just makes it an even bigger *** kick.
  • Options
    rhass22rhass22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Discount is a nice gesture for beta players. However...seems like adding a discount to bags & additional character slots would be more practical, especially in lieu of releasing a new class/race.

Even still, I am hesitant to buy zen. Zen shop prices are ridiculously overpriced , even at discounted rates imo.
  • Options
    kadirrakadirra Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    iuseforum wrote: »
    Why would you all get refunded for buying items on the zen market?? Its an event that lowers the price. Good sale keep it up for all those that hate on the good updates and agree with the bad are stupid. Ive had crazy amounts of sales on other games no one complains its a ****ing sale.

It is a sale, but it is also a permanent reduction of prices after the sale ends, based on beta customer feedback. Sales happen, but permanent reduction of prices based on how much we the players saying and showing they were willing/not willing to spend? That's something different. Thus it would be a good gesture to thank the folks that helped them come to their new figures that would lead to improved sales by spending real money during their beta. Otherwise folks might just say 'you know what? I'm waiting till it goes live' on their next game and they won't get the same data.

I'm NOT saying they're entitled to getting rewarded/appreciated/thanked. I'm only saying it'd be a good public relations move, and possibly lead to greater customer satisfaction by those who made purchases before the change.
  • Options
    danewingdanewing Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A step in the right direction, but I think more needs to be done.

Especially that Hero of the North stuff. I totally spat coffee when I saw a $200 actual money price for what is basically a good 'starter pack' with some vanity items and a playable race (that everyone gets for free later anyway).
  • Options
    babizokahbabizokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    joke's on those who bought and spent zen before this. like me.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was fine with the mount prices before. Still fine with them now that they are even cheaper. Though account wide mounts are worth a higher cost in my opinion.

Honestly, at first, I was a little irked that the 'value' of things I bought went down so soon. But it doesn't bother me enough to rage, quit, or swear off free to play games. (Talking about the price reduction by the way, not the sale.) I am hoping this is them genuinely listening to customers about the pricing. And not a price changing theme we will see repeated constantly throughout the games lifetime. Only time will tell.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    killerella wrote: »
    1 free "thank you" Bank expansion might be nice for all beta contributors. :D

I would be ok with that.
  • Options
    tygart88tygart88 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ghestapw wrote: »
    So, let me see if I understand this.

As a way to thank your customers who have already spent thousands and thousands of dollars / euros / etc on zen, you're going to thank them for their purchases by saying "Hey, everyone ELSE is going to get a discount now, not you." How does this show that you value your customers?

I've spent thousands and thousands of zen on these items already, but I get no rebate? As an open beta player I've tested and bug reported and lost AD and zen to items that were bugged and helped you to fix it. But now, after everything that I've put in, you're going to discount the items I've already purchased? Does this seem backwards to you? Or is it supposed to be a big EFF you to the players that have helped make this game what it is already?

prices can and do change over time. whether that's for a plane ticket, various consumer goods, price of admission to an amusement park (depending on time of day), movie ticket prices (depending on day and time), food items, drinks at happy hour...you get the point...I hope. anyways welcome to the real world.
  • Options
    warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just think it's a joke they claim they are doing this because they are listening to our suggestions. Just lower the prices, don't lie to us and insult our intelligence.
  • Options
    zeal85zeal85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

As a way to thank your customers who have already spent thousands and thousands of dollars / euros / etc on zen, you're going to thank them for their purchases by saying "Hey, everyone ELSE is going to get a discount now, not you." How does this show that you value your customers?

I've spent thousands and thousands of zen on these items already, but I get no rebate? As an open beta player I've tested and bug reported and lost AD and zen to items that were bugged and helped you to fix it. But now, after everything that I've put in, you're going to discount the items I've already purchased? Does this seem backwards to you? Or is it supposed to be a big EFF you to the players that have helped make this game what it is already?

I agree. I paid more for something that someone will get cheaper. Hopefully we see some ZEN thrown into our account to make up the difference.
  • Options
    masque8masque8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I haven't seen any official response to this yet, am I correct? That's really all that I'm waiting for.
    It won't make me stop playing if they don't refund any differences in my purchases, but I *personally* believe that it is morally wrong not to.
  • Options
    grizzlyvgrizzlyv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zeal85 wrote: »
    I agree. I paid more for something that someone will get cheaper. Hopefully we see some ZEN thrown into our account to make up the difference.

I agree. I bought a new car last year, and now other people can get that same model year car cheaper. Hopefully the dealer with throw some money back into my account to make up the difference.
  • Options
    darkheartsxdarkheartsx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bet my founders pack isn't "$700" value anymore ;P lol
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All of the complaints aside, I think more work needs to be done in respect to pricing.

Mount prices are still way to high. I say this when you compare mount prices to ship prices in one of Cryptic's other games, Star Trek Online. There, the ships for the various tiers are cheaper, even at max level, and ships are the bread and butter of that game, whereas here, mounts are just a mode of transport, and nothing else.

Tier 3 Mounts 4,000 ZEN 3,000 ZEN 3,500 ZEN
    Tier 2 Exotic Mounts 3,000 ZEN 2,250 ZEN 2,500 ZEN
    Steeds 2,000 ZEN 1,500 ZEN 1,800 ZEN
    Golden Brindle Horse 1,500 ZEN 1,125 ZEN 1,500 ZEN
    Medium Black Horse 800 ZEN 600 ZEN 800 ZEN
    Tier 1 Horses 500 ZEN 375 ZEN 500 ZEN

STO

Vice Admiral (Tier 5) 2500 Zen
    Rear Admiral (Tier 5) 2000 Zen
    Captain (Tier 4) 1500 Zen
    Commander (Tier 3) 1000 Zen
    Lt Commander (Tier 2) 750 Zen
    Lieutenant (Tier 1) 500 Zen

If you look at the cost of the various tiers, the mounts get much more expensive as you go up in tiers than starships of comparable tiers. I would suggest that the prices be normalized, or at least be brought more into line with what players in STO are paying, especially when you take into account that mounts serve no other purpose than to get you from point A to B faster than walking.

It would be nice if mounts could fight alongside you, or you could fight mounted, but even then the prices are still excessive.

Also I think that the profession packs are too expensive, when you compare them to the Duty Officer packs you get from the Zen store. The two mechanics may be different but they act in similar fashion when you look at it from a broad perspective...both systems provide you with a way to gain items, craft object, and gain experience outside of normal questing. In STO the duty officer pack cost 275 Zen for 5 random duty officers, with a chance at a very rare (purple officer) with the addition of a material bonus such as rare commodities or items.

As of yet, I have not seen a way to acquire very rare profession assets other than through the zen store. However in STO you can easily acquire the same quality duty officers as mission rewards, or as a reward from the duty officer system itself.

Costumes/uniforms are another point where prices, greatly diverge. The prices for most uniforms are roughly around 500 zen (though you can readily change the colors/and color configurations to a degree in the tailor for free).

There are other items that need to be looked at as well, but for now, those to me are the glaring differences. The prices in Neverwinter Online zen store should be adjusted downward.
    FQqt1TU.jpg
  • Options
    bl4ckm4gicbl4ckm4gic Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont know if i should ask this here but...
    Im trying to buy a mount for the discount price... the Zen store shows the discount but when im about to click it shows the regular price! Is this normal? The discount will be applied??
  • Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    yes, the discount will be applied
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am a pwe user but have spent around 40k zen on this game and one thing i know, for all you saying that we paid to play early, is that when a new console or new idea comes out they give it to the beta testers for free or a discounted price to test it and charge regular price on release date, not the other way around. I personally feel like they are giving us alpha and beta testers the big free bird by saying we are going to lower the prices of all these items, which i have bought the majority, for the live game people instead of the people who actually helped them fix the exploits, caturday anyone, and glitches in the game. I feel cheated out of that zen and can only hope they relies this and at least give us beta testers who have spent money on this something back.

2013-06-08 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -3000 0
    2013-06-08 890007831 Skrill Completed
    Your transaction was successfully completed.
    $30.00 +3000 3000
    2013-06-06 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -3000 0
    2013-06-06 888662541 Skrill Completed
    $30.00 +3000 3000
    2013-06-06 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -3000 0
    2013-06-06 888643840 Skrill Completed
    $30.00 +3000 3000
    2013-06-05 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -5300 0
    2013-06-05 888049214 Skrill Completed
    $50.00 +5300 5300
    2013-05-29 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -2000 0
    2013-05-29 883071577 Skrill Completed
    $20.00 +2000 2000
    2013-05-27 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -5300 0
    2013-05-27 881984254 Skrill Completed
    $50.00 +5300 5300
    2013-05-16 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -2000 0
    2013-05-16 874134664 Skrill Completed
    $20.00 +2000 2000
    2013-05-14 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -2000 0
    2013-05-14 1NJ977185M9584513 Paypal Completed
    $20.00 +2000 2000
    2013-05-13 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -6000 0
    2013-05-13 2BE97417WX1721449 Paypal Completed
    $30.00 +3000 6000
    2013-05-13 7R912890YP794415U Paypal Completed
    $30.00 +3000 3000
    2013-05-08 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -2000 0
    2013-05-08 3YD31125T2039480C Paypal Completed
    $20.00 +2000 2000
    Neverwinter
    -3000 0
    2013-05-08 4MS26620TY0913916 Paypal Completed
    $30.00 +3000 3000
    Neverwinter
    -3000 0
    2013-05-08 869004189 Skrill Completed
    $30.00 +3000 3000

just so you know why im am mad

Spending over 300 in roughly a month is the reason prices are so high. They don't need to lower prices if there are enough people that can't even budget 30 days of entertainment.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you excited for the live launch? Leave a reply below!

I'd be more excited if the Foundry tools worked for us authors BEFORE launch. Thanks Cryptic for still failing to get the Foundry tools working on day four now. I for one won't be able to have my Foundry quest done for launch now thanks to the downtime.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    thekomarthekomar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you're going to thank them for their purchases by saying "Hey, everyone ELSE is going to get a discount now, not you." How does this show that you value your customers?

Actually, they aren't saying "not you". That wasn't in the statement.
  • Options
    lothaxxxlothaxxx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Done with pwe and cryptic. Not that I/we weren't warned by previous practices by these two companies.
  • Options
    lothaxxxlothaxxx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Spending over 300 in roughly a month is the reason prices are so high. They don't need to lower prices if there are enough people that can't even budget 30 days of entertainment.

Agreed. Like in every other aspect of life - The MORONS ruin it for the rest of us! (HON cough*)
    Anywayz again.. see all you great warriors in ESO, were i'm sure there will be no morons. lol
  • Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Jeez guys, moan moan moan. Whats next? "Don't fix bugs post launch, we had to play with them...."

For testing in open beta what you get is the ability to play the game. That's the trade off. The cash shop is there if you want it with prices and items 'as is'/'subject to change'.

The no wipe means you get a head start. I mean, with BoP changes, are open beta farmers gonna give back any AD/gold they made and cash shop items they bought from drops or will more casual players cast off there buy-not-grind items? (PS don't try to pick holes in this last argument - its meant to be as leaky as the op ;) )
  • Options
    thesipeliusthesipelius Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    This whole conversation is ridiculous. Everyone's just repeating the same arguments over and over again. I understand the point of "bought car => now it's cheaper => I want money" but that doesn't apply here since this actually is an unreleased game and we are the ones hunting the problems and reporting them. I'm not saying I want my money (or the difference between old and new prices) back but I understand why people are a bit disappointed. But like I said, I trust that the beta testers will be rewarded for their work so my loss of maybe 7 euros doesn't bother me that much. I do laugh my huge behind off because of the people that actually spent hundreds or thousands on an unreleased product.
  • Options
    scozzersscozzers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's not that ridiculous. I've used retraining tokens a few times that were bought at full price, not because I'm finicky or because I messed up my spec but because it's a beta and skills are buggy or get changed and also, just to do my bit as a good beta player and test every power/feat .. and now, when it goes live and most of those powers/feats are set or fixed (you can lol there, it's ok), token prices will be reduced by 50% permanently?! F**k your useless blue dog and your dual stat dps enchants (yea, those are great for my healer ...), gimme my goddamned respec zen back. You're really testing my patience, Cryptic. Tell you what, I'll trade you a cape for it. Oh hang on, I can't. I remember now that I "discarded" it about two seconds after receiving it, along with some other JUNK, to save precious meagre bag space, .. that you also charged people full price for ... in a beta.
  • Options
    myt3m0w53myt3m0w53 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    they should have just wiped the beta accounts and refunded the Zen that was purchased, wouldnt have been so many irritated people that way. then they could launch Drow on day 1 not 60 days later
  • Options
    azimnazimn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I might get flamed here but thank you Neverwinter for the hard lesson. I spent money in the shop and now things are cheaper not by a sale but permanently. I know this is no ones fault but my own and I regret my purchases now.

I should have used STO as an example and just waited until the game was really great like in a year or two before spending anything.

I feel it is kinda crappy to think that the early adopters and supporters lose out, I will say Cryptic has surprised me before like giving free respec tokens or the whole Cat-astrophe thing they did. Maybe they will give those that spent Zen a free hat or something. I think I would feel better then.

And if not well they got my money once and I will likely never spend anymore and just enjoy the free parts.
  • Options
    doogie74doogie74 Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    azimn wrote: »
    ..... free hat ....

We need to start a petition to free Hat. He went to jail on trumped up charges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW0AmeXp5_M
  • Options
    abrahxisabrahxis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey you can always spend thousands more, and get even more stuff! Hurry!
  • Options
    abrahxisabrahxis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They shouldn't refund a dime. People hurry to be the first one to have certain items, let them pay the extra. You dont buy a new car and expect money back from the dealer when they start selling it cheaper...