test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen Market price changes - Prices permanently reduced!

145679

Comments

  • shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    +1 The prices are absurd. Lowering all prices 50-75% would bring more profit in long run as more ppl would spend money. This kinda prices makes me think that they try to grab as much money as fast as possible and then stop all support to game.

    Someone doesn't understand economics...

    If an item is $30, and they sold 100 of them, they make $3,000 bucks. If they drop the item to $15 and 50% more people buy them, that means 150 bought them, coming to a total of $2,250. Yes, they gained 50 more customers, but they lost out on $850 bucks. Now, increase those numbers from the hundreds into the thousands, and, well, you see why that won't work.

    Prices won't be dropped unless a) NO ONE is buying them, or b) they can guarantee 200% growth or higher.
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

    RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just bought the white tiger mount. Yippee!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drizztduurrdendrizztduurrden Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wow. all i can say, from a gamer standpoint, after reading through a few of these, and being a donator myself, is YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE spent soo much money, on a game that was in closed/open beta. i have ran serveral games, and servers myself, and have delt with donations etc, so i know what it's like from their standpoint, as well as being on the other end, and being a donator myself, why are you gonna rage at the ppl that made the game, when it was your decision, to spend all that money to begin with, when the game was still in beta? now, they have went live, and are offering this "permanent promo" to draw in more ppl, more donators, more players, to 1, keep the game open, 2, more ppl for you to play/quest/pvp with. if you want to rage at anyone, you should rage at yourself, for being stubborn, and impatient enough, to spend all that money, on a game thats not "completed" yet.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    I have not payed any money for this game. However I get ZEN with AD. I payed 2 more character slots with 500 Zen. It still cost 500 ZEN to get character slots. It still cost 600+ ZEN for a bag.

    I really wonder what items cost less ZEN? Really what good items that your really need has gone down in price??? What good items??? You really need more characters. You really need an extra bag.

    EDIT!!! Ok there is one item that you really need usually. Retrain token cost now 300 ZEN so down 50 % in price. I have had no use for retrain token so far and I am power gamer look for best builds from forums.

    I think everyone should be happy items and retrain token cost half price now. Prices down is a good thing.
    Ok I need to correct myself! ZEN store has really cool stuff that I would like to have and I am not only talking about bags or respec tokens and extra character slots which can be useful to many players.
    heavysigh wrote: »
    I agree , they need to get more realistic with the "Micro" Definition....not the "Major" Transaction....
    Well said. Look I respect all players who bought Hero of North Package they support the game. I did not do that however once upon a time I bought a Collectors edition to Age of Conan MMO.

    It is actually common people buy special editions. However prices in Neverwinter are pretty high and due to smart marketing ZEN store gets more and more new cool stuff. Someone said happily he bought a White Tiger in this thread. Well Congratulations! That said a White Tiger costs currently 3500 ZEN.

    Right I have with AD bought ZEN and then two extra character slots. 4 characters having white tiger or similiar prized mount would have mount cost of 4*3500 ZEN = 14000 ZEN. When I played WOW many people asked what character is my main. I laughed and said I do not have a main character I like both my Hunter(=Ranger) and Druid. I also had a third character however WOW is more hardcore so in Neverwinter I could very well have 3-4 characters and not consider any of them as the "main" character or all of them as main character. Oh yes I get gearscore however in WOW my Druid and Hunter had roughly same gearscore.

    Prices down is good. Prices further down in future is an improvment. Anyway I am happy for this game and my thanks to Cryptic and Perfect World and this game is excellent! My point was I defend further prices down.
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just a little correction, the zen store mounts unlock across all characters. With a couple characters farming leadership and an hour or two of daily play, it would probably take a month to earn the AD. Not too long all things considered. You might also finda piece of magical gear that you can sell and buy the tiger. Prices should always be lower though.
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    maevar1 wrote: »
    This is a joke right!!!! You spent money on a game in beta!!! AND now you want a retroactive refund because prices are dropping when they go live!!!!!!

    This ENTITLEMENT mentality is absolutely sickening.....personally, I wish they would ban you just for asking that. ROFL

    I'm with you, I think it is preposterous that a company charges money for beta.
  • ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm with you, I think it is preposterous that a company charges money for beta.

    Unfortunately this has become almost the norm when it comes to developing MMO titles, even Sony's latest offering, has been charging money during the beta phase. For the most part, I don't see why people have a problem with it, you are helping with the development of the game, by supporting them financially..

    Of course, I can remember the days when you would get paid to beta-test a game, but those days are long gone, and the cost of production has gone through the roof.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • neodarkaxeneodarkaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wow. all i can say, from a gamer standpoint, after reading through a few of these, and being a donator myself, is YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE spent soo much money, on a game that was in closed/open beta. i have ran serveral games, and servers myself, and have delt with donations etc, so i know what it's like from their standpoint, as well as being on the other end, and being a donator myself, why are you gonna rage at the ppl that made the game, when it was your decision, to spend all that money to begin with, when the game was still in beta? now, they have went live, and are offering this "permanent promo" to draw in more ppl, more donators, more players, to 1, keep the game open, 2, more ppl for you to play/quest/pvp with. if you want to rage at anyone, you should rage at yourself, for being stubborn, and impatient enough, to spend all that money, on a game thats not "completed" yet.
    Really agree with you, played the whole open/closed beta and only bought stuff with what I earned. It amazes me when I see that you all have spent your wad, and now want to complain about the prices. Here is a thought, if you had not all spent the zen during the open/close beta, do you think the prices would be the same???
    NDO
  • whipmaster77whipmaster77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shorlong wrote: »
    Someone doesn't understand economics...

    If an item is $30, and they sold 100 of them, they make $3,000 bucks. If they drop the item to $15 and 50% more people buy them, that means 150 bought them, coming to a total of $2,250. Yes, they gained 50 more customers, but they lost out on $850 bucks. Now, increase those numbers from the hundreds into the thousands, and, well, you see why that won't work.

    Prices won't be dropped unless a) NO ONE is buying them, or b) they can guarantee 200% growth or higher.

    And in all your wisdom, you figured those numbers out through what fact? What if reducing prices by 50% makes 100% more ppl buy them? Or 150% ? Now, increase those numbers from the hundreds into the thousands, and, well, you see why that works.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    giggliato wrote: »
    Just a little correction, the zen store mounts unlock across all characters. With a couple characters farming leadership and an hour or two of daily play, it would probably take a month to earn the AD. Not too long all things considered. You might also finda piece of magical gear that you can sell and buy the tiger. Prices should always be lower though.
    What?! So if I buy White Tiger all my characters get it?

    What on earth in a month earn enough AD??? Ok my guild is not into Gaunt so can not do those I
    have max level Cleric do dayly PvP 4000 AD and that is all I want to do do! I do sometimes a Heroic Dungeon to get gear though and I have reached Tier 2.

    My second character which I play with my real life friend is level 28. He earns AD 1000 dayly skirmish, 3000 dayly Dungeon, 1000 dayly PvP. Oh and in no way in hell I want to do 8 pvp matches/day.

    Look I have full time job and I like sports. On top of that I want my HOLIDAY! Holiday means to me babes, beach and partying. Let me explain one more thing in Europe we have normally 4 weeks summer holiday. That is completely normal holiday time in Europe.

    Europe has some cool favorite holiday places of mine:
    Ibiza(belongs to Spain)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mvSWzcHbVg
    This is pretty expensive and famous place. However in Ibiza you can meet even American movie stars that take holiday. Many famous people want to visit Ibiza!

    Bulgaria and Greece. Bulgaria is cheaper however Greece has very nice people.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ziHu8c-6U
    The male singer is from Greece however female singer and dancers are from Bulgaria.

    Oh I do like American culture even though I am from Europe. Ironically best hit from Ian Carey Red Light that was number one in Russia for a long time only had mediocre popularity in USA. Generally I do not like Ian Carey music however I do share taste with Russians on this Red Light tune:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81vz5F5vGAA

    Now sure I spend some time in home country also during holiday. That said I played casually April and May and hardcore 40 hours/week in June. No way I come even near 3500 ZEN/month with AD income/trading what you suggest. I have earned almost 1400 ZEN after Closed Beta and used 500 of it for 2 extra character slots(500 ZEN cost) that wait for new Classes to be released. Oh yeah there are powergamers that get to max level in one week and that is not my style. 3500 ZEN/month. Dream on I don't work 160 hours/week with Neverwinter. Finally I do NOT play 7 days/week. Yes I know Leadership can give AD.
  • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    What?! So if I buy White Tiger all my characters get it?

    What on earth in a month earn enough AD??? Have you ever tried Invokeing? your first invoke should net you close to 500 AD, and if you play for a smidge over an hour, you can invoke again for close to 300 AD. Thats approximately 800 AD in a littel over an hours play. And even if you only play an average of 15 days a month, that's 12,000 AD a month. Ok my guild is not into Gaunt so can not do those Your guild does not need to be doing Gaunt for you to personaly be doing Gaunt. And if you take all 3 of the Gaunt Dailys and only do it twice a month, thats a lot of AD, in adition to the daily invokeing. Ihave max level Cleric do dayly PvP 4000 AD and that is all I want to do do! I do sometimes a Heroic Dungeon to get gear though and I have reached Tier 2.

    My second character which I play with my real life friend is level 28. He earns AD 1000 dayly skirmish, 3000 dayly Dungeon, 1000 dayly PvP. Oh and in no way in hell I want to do 8 pvp matches/day.

    Look I have full time job and I like sports. On top of that I want my HOLIDAY! Holiday means to me babes, beach and partying. Let me explain one more thing in Europe we have normally 4 weeks summer holiday. That is completely normal holiday time in Europe.

    Europe has some cool favorite holiday places of mine:
    Ibiza(belongs to Spain)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mvSWzcHbVg
    This is pretty expensive and famous place. However in Ibiza you can meet even American movie stars that take holiday. Many famous people want to visit Ibiza!

    Bulgaria and Greece. Bulgaria is cheaper however Greece has very nice people.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ziHu8c-6U
    The male singer is from Greece however female singer and dancers are from Bulgaria.

    Oh I do like American culture even though I am from Europe. Ironically best hit from Ian Carey Red Light that was number one in Russia for a long time only had mediocre popularity in USA. Generally I do not like Ian Carey music however I do share taste with Russians on this Red Light tune:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81vz5F5vGAA

    Now sure I spend some time in home country also during holiday. That said I played casually April and May and hardcore 40 hours/week in June. No way I come even near 3500 ZEN/month with AD income/trading what you suggest. I have earned almost 1400 ZEN after Closed Beta and used 500 of it for 2 extra character slots(500 ZEN cost) that wait for new Classes to be released. Oh yeah there are powergamers that get to max level in one week and that is not my style. 3500 ZEN/month. Dream on I don't work 160 hours/week with Neverwinter. Finally I do NOT play 7 days/week. Yes I know Leadership can give AD.

    The real problem is not so much how much AD you can make in a month on a part time basis, but the AD to Zen exchange rate. At current ratios, it take approximately 400,000 AD for 1200 Zen. And 1200 Zen just does not go far. To put it another way, if you make 40,000 AD a month, it will take you 10 months to get 1200 Zen. Thats a long time for so littel reward, IMHO anyway.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ghosty2a wrote: »
    The real problem is not so much how much AD you can make in a month on a part time basis, but the AD to Zen exchange rate. At current ratios, it take approximately 400,000 AD for 1200 Zen. And 1200 Zen just does not go far. To put it another way, if you make 40,000 AD a month, it will take you 10 months to get 1200 Zen. Thats a long time for so littel reward, IMHO anyway.
    You are correct on the current AD vs ZEN price though that has gone up and down on my Shard. Anyway 40000 AD/month is very little that is a casual player or a player that does not focus on AD income example a player that likes to do a long Foundry adventure even if earns only 1000 AD and takes many hours.

    If I can earn 1400 ZEN(all ZEN earned after Open Beta) and I played casually(not much) during April and May... hardcore in June... after Open Beta then 1200 ZEN during 10 months is very casual play with only one character. It is also a talent to focus on AD. I really skip Foundry content since it time consuming and does not give much AD.

    However we all agree prices are to high so yes I am with you and no matter if you are casual or hardcore player we can all agree ZEN store prices down is good and should still go down.
  • shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    And in all your wisdom, you figured those numbers out through what fact? What if reducing prices by 50% makes 100% more ppl buy them? Or 150% ? Now, increase those numbers from the hundreds into the thousands, and, well, you see why that works.

    I figured that out through your original quote of 50-75% increase, which, based on market changes, would be the norm. Unfortunately, it just isn't good business practice to drop something 50% when it is already selling well. You obviously have never run a business :)
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

    RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • tommytfdtommytfd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would you go into a car dealership buy a car and drive it off the forcourt then in a years time when prices on that car have reduced go erm can i have the money back please i paid for it a year ago becasue its cheaper now?

    No i dont think you would so shut the hell up and stop trolling and be greatful the prices are cheaper specially if you have to pay 2 win rather than grind becasue you have no skill!!
  • ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tommytfd wrote: »
    Would you go into a car dealership buy a car and drive it off the forcourt then in a years time when prices on that car have reduced go erm can i have the money back please i paid for it a year ago becasue its cheaper now?

    No i dont think you would so shut the hell up and stop trolling and be greatful the prices are cheaper specially if you have to pay 2 win rather than grind becasue you have no skill!!

    I love this community ! So helpful ! The insight, well thought out arguments and especially the pristine spelling! What a great game !
  • ehrlichehrlich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All Microtransaction markets in "free" to play games are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Vindictus, Guild wars 2. It's just a pay wall for what would otherwise be the full experience. Cosmetic items or not. I'm not willing to pay $35 which is 30% of my monthly electric bill for a single item in this game. I already gave $200 for the founders pack. Pro tip: Making a game accessible includes making prices for things impulse possible. If you have to sit there and wonder if you should really buy something or if it's going to be "worth it". You, as a design team, bullied by PWE or not are doing something wrong.
    "Each minor problem like a grain of sand, each day I inherit the desert." ~ Lacroix
  • solonitesolonite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic you need to go back and sort these prices out. Even with the price reductions 3500 zen for an epic mount is stupid....2000 zen for an outfit. Go back to Star Trek Online and look at your prices there....an Endgame starship which has "use" is 2500 zen, uniforms 500 zen.

    You also need to sort out the astral diamond exchange badly at the rates of 334 AD - 1 zen is shocking....again over to STO it's 100-125 dilithium - 1 zen.

    Neverwinter is really good fun and has the promise to be a great MMORPG but this zen store will destroy it especially when you can't grind to get bags or stuff in game without coughing up about
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    solonite wrote: »
    You also need to sort out the astral diamond exchange badly at the rates of 334 AD - 1 zen is shocking....again over to STO it's 100-125 dilithium - 1 zen.
    that is user driven though and Cryptic has nothing to do with it
  • marmeduke007marmeduke007 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic reduced their prices on zen items and people still complain. Be greatful that the prices are lowered and now it's "our" turn as players to do something about that monster we've created called the stupidly retarted prices on the AD exchange.
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I bought the Founders pack and have no problem spending money on the game. However, there is nothing micro about their transactions. I do think $35 for a mount is too much. $20 is doable. The prices that bother me the most though are the things I would gladly spend money on if I got more of them for the buck... like Life Scrolls etc. These type of items really need to be micro-transactions. More people would buy them if they were. You want good pricing structures for cash cow games.... look at DDO.

    A lot of it's user base had P2P accounts and STILL bought stuff in the store... why... because when you say heck it's only a quarter I'll buy 20 of them... and you end up buying them more often. Why because it seems like a good deal. But it needs to be useful stuff... like the scrolls... you will make money!
  • senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    What?! So if I buy White Tiger all my characters get it?

    What on earth in a month earn enough AD??? Ok my guild is not into Gaunt so can not do those I
    have max level Cleric do dayly PvP 4000 AD and that is all I want to do do! I do sometimes a Heroic Dungeon to get gear though and I have reached Tier 2.

    My second character which I play with my real life friend is level 28. He earns AD 1000 dayly skirmish, 3000 dayly Dungeon, 1000 dayly PvP. Oh and in no way in hell I want to do 8 pvp matches/day.

    What are you saying? You're lazy, so they should lower prices?

    If you REALLY wanted a tiger mount, you could get it within a month or two.

    Assume you have two characters...

    Get them both to level 60 and get their leadership to level 20.

    If both characters pray to get their full AD from prayers, that's roughly 2000 per character or 4000 per day.

    You should be able to earn 6000 AD through dailys, etc. if you do two of them (PVP and foundrys) per character for a total of 12000.

    At level 60, with leadership at 20, you should have 5 professions slots. With 5 slots, you should be able to make approximately 400 x 5 every 6 hours, so 400 x 5 x 4 = 8000 per day per character for a total of 16000.

    So, right there you have 4000 + 12000 + 16000 = 32000 x 30 days = 720,000 - 960,000

    If you then use that AD to buy ZEN at 330 (I see it there all the time or thereabouts), that's 2900 zen per month with minimal effort - just dailies, praying and a few pvp sessions and foundries, etc.

    If you want to become a ZEN machine, you use the first month to instead buy extra character slots and get 4 or 6 more characters and just level up their Leadership. That becomes another 8000 per day per extra character. If you get 4 more characters, that's 32000 more per day.

    You can also run epic Dungeon Delves (so guaranteed to get an item) 2 times a day and sell any items and enchantments for even more - approx. 10000 more is my average on the T1's epics and T2's are about twice that.

    Honestly... you will spend less time getting to that level than you will getting a perfect vorpal or perfect soulforged and it's re-occuring AD with minimal effort.

    In addition, if you level up one of the crafting profesions, you can sell things like gemmed shirts or dyes (alchemy) to make additional money. I can make 100000-120000 per day with leatherworking alone.

    It all depends on how bad you want it... much like the other stuff in the game.

    Oh... I didn't mention farming events (the skeletal dogs and bags of bones netted a ton and even the dyes from the latest events were selling) and using your Celestrial coins to buy enchantment boxes (7 coins) which could net you a coalescence ward which sells for about 100,000. You'd have 4 chances per month per character to get one and you also get enchantments which sell.

    There ARE ways....

    PS - I currently have 10 toons, 5 of them level 60. Two are 20's and the rest are high 50's - mostly due from the xp from leadership and praying.

    Between all of my toons, I have about 3 million AD and most of that is from professions.

    I was lucky and cashed in when AD bottomed out at about 258, so I got a really good return on my AD but even at 330, I can get a decent amount of AD.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    What are you saying? You're lazy, so they should lower prices?

    If you REALLY wanted a tiger mount, you could get it within a month or two.

    Assume you have two characters...

    Get them both to level 60 and get their leadership to level 20.

    If both characters pray to get their full AD from prayers, that's roughly 2000 per character or 4000 per day.

    You should be able to earn 6000 AD through dailys, etc. if you do two of them (PVP and foundrys) per character for a total of 12000.

    At level 60, with leadership at 20, you should have 5 professions slots. With 5 slots, you should be able to make approximately 400 x 5 every 6 hours, so 400 x 5 x 4 = 8000 per day per character for a total of 16000.

    So, right there you have 4000 + 12000 + 16000 = 32000 x 30 days = 720,000 - 960,000

    If you then use that AD to buy ZEN at 330 (I see it there all the time or thereabouts), that's 2900 zen per month with minimal effort - just dailies, praying and a few pvp sessions and foundries, etc.

    If you want to become a ZEN machine, you use the first month to instead buy extra character slots and get 4 or 6 more characters and just level up their Leadership. That becomes another 8000 per day per extra character. If you get 4 more characters, that's 32000 more per day.

    You can also run epic Dungeon Delves (so guaranteed to get an item) 2 times a day and sell any items and enchantments for even more - approx. 10000 more is my average on the T1's epics and T2's are about twice that.

    Honestly... you will spend less time getting to that level than you will getting a perfect vorpal or perfect soulforged and it's re-occuring AD with minimal effort.

    In addition, if you level up one of the crafting profesions, you can sell things like gemmed shirts or dyes (alchemy) to make additional money. I can make 100000-120000 per day with leatherworking alone.

    It all depends on how bad you want it... much like the other stuff in the game.

    Oh... I didn't mention farming events (the skeletal dogs and bags of bones netted a ton and even the dyes from the latest events were selling) and using your Celestrial coins to buy enchantment boxes (7 coins) which could net you a coalescence ward which sells for about 100,000. You'd have 4 chances per month per character to get one and you also get enchantments which sell.

    There ARE ways....

    PS - I currently have 10 toons, 5 of them level 60. Two are 20's and the rest are high 50's - mostly due from the xp from leadership and praying.

    Between all of my toons, I have about 3 million AD and most of that is from professions.

    I was lucky and cashed in when AD bottomed out at about 258, so I got a really good return on my AD but even at 330, I can get a decent amount of AD.
    Lol I am not lazy. I do not WORK with Neverwinter! I do NOT play every day. You are SUPER hardcore. I do not say it is wrong to to be SUPER hardcore. I have one level 60 character and my second character is level 29 only since I want to play with my real life friend who does not play much Neverwinter.

    Lol most players do NOT have 10 characters not even near that lol. Yes I like Neverwinter it is very good game. However I also like sex and babes and swimming during my holiday. Look at this video then you can see what I like more then Neverwinter:
    Babes and summer video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6yzQlJeBkQ

    Lazy lol if I am lazy then you are crazy:D. Ok I understand you are SUPER hardcore and play extremely lot. I have a friend who play very little. I think I am normal player. I want my casual friend to play more look at this funny video:
    Game on funny video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMrN3Rh55uM

    Yes I have 2 other characters slots however I will not roll another character until they release more classes like Ranger.
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    What are you saying? You're lazy, so they should lower prices?

    If you REALLY wanted a tiger mount, you could get it within a month or two.
    two months from now the tigers will be out of fashion that is like the market works. None at the PW management has ever really intended that you grind, even if theoretically (very theoretically) you could, anything and in fact to do so you have to forget that you have a life
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    two months from now the tigers will be out of fashion that is like the market works. None at the PW management has ever really intended that you grind, even if theoretically (very theoretically) you could, anything and in fact to do so you have to forget that you have a life
    Well if you look for best performance/price that I usually do regarding hotels/hostels and sometimes gaming computers then coolness has less meaning. Fastest horse is 110% speed and cost 2500 ZEN.

    If you get the mount from ZEN store then all your characters that are level 20 or above can use it. Regarding Tymora campaign I guess why I do not worship that deity in Alchemy profession goes extremely slow since luckbased research and so far I have got 0 Tymora lockboxes so that campaign where people run like crazy in Dungeons and always manage to take it before me has been wasted on me 0 use of that. I did have good use of double AD campaign while it lasted.

    Anyway a normal player does have full time work or full time studies and when on holiday most normal players do want to enjoy other things then gaming a lot.. unless if we talk about a short winter holiday or a weekend only. That said eventually a normal player can save to at least 2500 ZEN. I have earned 500 ZEN(bought 2 extra character slots)+ now I have over 1400 ZEN saved. That means for free a normal player can eventually one day get fastest mounts.

    Well there are very casual players like my real life friend. My friend will absolutely not earn the 2500 ZEN not even during year 2014. However in those cases I would say play as it is with gold mount that gives only 50% speed and enjoy the game so OR buy ZEN with real money. Of course I understand people who want to pay with real money and I think that is absolutely ok.

    I would say Neverwinter has been so successful to me so I am likely eager to try future Cryptic and Perfect World games also after I have stopped playing this game. For the record this is my first Cryptic or Perfect World released game. I give my thanks to Cryptic and Perfect World for a great game and regarding ZEN store we must remember that Cryptic and Perfect World do need some money so they can in future also produce excellent content.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    If you get the mount from ZEN store then all your characters that are level 20 or above can use it.
    Wrong! All characters need to buy the Mount. I still like this game very much though it is very hardcore if you want to have many characters and they should get fastest mount and best items without using real money. I have 3 characters now and only 1 have fastest mount since I do not use real money.
  • hopfenatarmshopfenatarms Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Wrong! All characters need to buy the Mount. I still like this game very much though it is very hardcore if you want to have many characters and they should get fastest mount and best items without using real money. I have 3 characters now and only 1 have fastest mount since I do not use real money.

    Wrong. All characters have the mount. If you buy e.g. the white tiger, all characters will get it. You just got to the zen-market with the twink and there you can "buy it" for free.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Wrong! All characters need to buy the Mount. I still like this game very much though it is very hardcore if you want to have many characters and they should get fastest mount and best items without using real money. I have 3 characters now and only 1 have fastest mount since I do not use real money.

    As hopfenatarms said, this is wrong. Mounts bought from the Zen store are account wide. Once you have bought it, any of your characters can go to the shop and 'claim' a copy of the mount for free.

    *This only applies to Zen shop mounts though. Not special ones like lockbox mounts. And not gold mounts.*
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    senseijohn wrote: »
    You should be able to earn 6000 AD through dailys, etc. if you do two of them (PVP and foundrys) per character for a total of 12000.
    Sure, nevermind that doing those two dailies on two characters would take 4 hours.
    In addition, if you level up one of the crafting profesions, you can sell things like gemmed shirts
    To make which you'd have to spend a couple million AD on tools.
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wrong. All characters have the mount. If you buy e.g. the white tiger, all characters will get it. You just got to the zen-market with the twink and there you can "buy it" for free.
    Goodmorning. Yes so true what you say and I was wrong. I am so happy all my characters have the fastest mount.

    To make which you'd have to spend a couple million AD on tools.
    No you do not need to buy with AD crafting tools to get to max level crafting. You also do need to sell level 60 items to get good AD income from crafting professions.

    I have max level armor crafting(20) and I got there without some more speed crafting tools. However yes I want good tools to buy so I could make Tier 3 level 60 items. Best tools cost millions of AD true however that is how it is so live with that. Right now I can maybe make Tier 2 items level 60 with my tools however yes I look forward to one day craft Tier 3 items.

    I also could skip it and simply buy T3 shirt and pants from Auction House. No Neverwinter is not to hardcore and it is very interesting economy system however Nevewinter is not to casual either for sure.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sure, nevermind that doing those two dailies on two characters would take 4 hours.

    Grab the Lord Protector Weekly quests and do the matching daily to get more AD in less time. The Lord Protector's Foundry and Rhix' Daily Foundry together will give you 12K AD for one character. Should take about an hour.

    Do a different set every day. Foundry one day, PvP another, Daily Dungeon another, save up the Gaunt ones to do them all in one go. All on one character one day, all on the other another.

    To make which you'd have to spend a couple million AD on tools.

    Or just level up leadership. Takes longer to get profitable, but you can do it with little investment (use worn tools). And once it eventually hits the payback point... you are making thousands of AD for spending less than 5 minutes a day setting the tasks.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
Sign In or Register to comment.