test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen Market price changes - Prices permanently reduced!

Comments

• Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ghestapw wrote: »
    Your analogy is off my friend. It's more a factor of if I'm given the chance to help test drive a new vehicle, and putting my own money and time on the line, I help to smooth out the kinks and make it ready for the population as a whole. However when it is released, it's released at a up to 25% less cost then what I paid to help them.

As for supporting the game, I notice PWE user next to your name and not guardian or founder. So thanks, but why don't you let those of us who actually have spent money talk about how we feel wronged, k?

60.00 Pack
    20.00 Pet
    20.00 Pet
    20.00 Pet
    10.00 Black Dye x 8
    3.00 Purple Dye
    6.00 Respec Token
    10.00 Keys
    9.00 Profession Packs

I've spent some cash, and guess what.. I am not at all mad the prices are being lowered. It means that I will likely spend more.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    While it sucks that these things are not retroactive for those of us who have spent ZEN before, the price reductions are a welcome thing. The most important things though, are bags, bank space and respecs (the last of which you addressed).

Gold is still pretty worthless in game, being able to buy the aforementioned basic things with gold would be a great addition, even if the prices were high.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard

• Options
    sraakssraaks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The people who spent a lot of zen to buy items will be upset the prices are going down and the people who haven't spent any money whether they cant afford to or just chose not to are happy the prices are going down, fair enough. If there was some sort of refund it would in no way affect people who will receive a discount if now they choose to buy stuff or can just finally afford it. The people who think their should be a refund have already spent their hard earned money feel wronged as they have helped test these items and the zen market in general. The people who have spent nothing and have just been enjoying a really fun game for free are more or less just being spiteful. When they did the rollback I personally was not affected in any way at all, I'd been working overtime(some extra cash for zen) and hadn't played during the time that was rolled back. I didn't come to the forums and go to the 9 million posts of people who were affected asking for compensation or reward from a situation that arose in a game in BETA and say "Quit crying! Tough Luck!" I was happy we did receive something especially the people that were affected, it was better than nothing.

I guarantee that if they would have decided to raise the prices everyone in here along with many many more saying to bad deal with it and tough luck would be on these forums, stomping their feet, drowning in their own tears and threatening to quit.
  • Options
    kilaukkilauk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    frishter wrote: »
    Noon PST, so 4 hours 9mins from this post.

Thank You!
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kilauk wrote: »
    Thank You!

No problem :)
    I had to recheck the main post to see if it mentioned it myself.
  • Options
    c45hcr0pc45hcr0p Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    lukkah wrote: »
    well, here is the issue with your statement. when you buy a new car, and pay full price, that product has already been tested. so, if pwe had gone fully live and then made all the discounts i could see your point. however, the game is still in beta, and the discounts were made while the game is still being tested.

The way it is really working is you test-drove the car, and paid the car company for some upgrades. At the end of the test-drive, they gave you the car for free, and then decided to lower the prices of some of the upgrades you may or may not have purchased.

To ask for a retroactive refund for a product that you purchased, knowing full well about the lack of a return policy, is far-fetched.
    cylisbrex wrote: »
    ...I love the rectal based combat...

Reticle not rectal. :)
  • Options
    jkdakillajkdakilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your kidding? Right? I mean say you buy a new car as soon as it comes out. You just HAVE to have it first, and drive it before everyone else, so you pay top dollar with no discounts. After a few months they start discounting the price with special offers. Do you really think the dealership is ping to call you up and say "hey the price dropped, we want to send you some money back!"? No way. You spent money to buy stuff as soon as you could. Thanks for supporting the game, but why don't you take your sense of entitlement and move along.

I will have to disagree with you, this is a video game, we aren't buying a material product we're paying for digital items which is made of nothing but time, refunding price diferences should be as easy or difficult as writting a script and testing it on a private server, assuming there is a transactional log for zen purchases, which there should be.

While I am still a PWE (been playing for only 1 week) I have to say that the devs over at red 5 (firefall) are a lot more comprehensive in rolling back cash shop differences, I had spent most of my credit there, and a lot of items I bought had a cost drop or were given free during several patches and I was refunded the difference of red beans I had spent (red beans = purchased currency for cash shop). There are games that "CARE" about their community and have Good policies for implementing cash shop changes, in the real world this is called "respect", most gaming online mmo companies have no "respect" for the people that pay real that puts real clothing on them and real food in their mouths for virtualized items, then again what can you really expect since most customer service in the world is as good as stepping in a pile of fresh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?

Having a community manager that cant speed things up or help control issues like this makes me "iffy" about spending real money on this game, because it means the company has a traditional administrative structure where the community team and the dev team dont actually work together and to "fix" these issues you have to wait for a whole administrative process instead of the community manager just going to where the programmer that takes care of doing cash shop management is and saying "hey Dave, we're making changes in prices, give the current buyers the difference of their purchases back, here's a signed letter from the CEO saying its ok to do it" .

I was deciding last night to buy the $200 founders or the $60 founders, then I read this thread and considered buying anything at all. I noticed that as a downside of the founders you don't get any zen which kinda sucks, If I purchase anything it will prob be the $60 Fpack + $50 in zen, the $200 founders seems kinda overpriced for the items included when it comes down to the functionality of the items since I can only have 1 companion at a time which I prefer a healing companion rendering the provided founders pack companions useless to me, 12 slot bag in founders isnt as attractive as spending $50 on zen and buying 6 24 slot bags, the guardian founders horse is tier 3 and just as fast as the ugly *** spider, being new to the game 600k vs 2m astral diamonds is "meh" since AD seems useless to me at the moment and will be attained in game and prob a lot faster by selling zen, by the time I hit lv 60 on my primary char I will probably see the real value of AD, and have another $50 bucks or more to spend on zen which I can sell off for AD if I really need AD.
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's great news, specially for the respec item! thanks!
  • Options
    greznessgrezness Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For me it's more about "is this what i get for supporting the game in beta?" ... should i have saved my money for launch?

I just thought that i was getting a good deal seeing as the game hadn't launched yet ... but nothing? I feel that's kinda raw, I feel that it's disrespectful even though it's not meant to be ... just the initial feeling I got.

So yeah, I understand where most people are coming from regarding this. Riot Games (League of Legends) refund player whenever they lower prices on legendary skins. Every player who spent more than the new price gets a matching refund so everyone spends the same. I think that's cool, it made me feel valued and respected as a customer ... this ... as i said before, i feel it's disrespectful.

So ... for me it's not about the price drop, stuff like that happens. It's because we are open beta customers ... why don't we get some respect? Why not, instead of just throwing more Zen into the game, which would cause troubles, just give beta customers something cool, useful and unique but something that you cannot trade. That way everyone would be happy i think.

Thanks beta customers! ...
  • Options
    cellanoid#1655 cellanoid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    Still apples and oranges. You are still dealing with online retail entities that sell similar products, physical or digital. I'm talking about an ingame mmo store that sell items that are unique to the game, and no other. By unique I mean you can't buy an item from one mmo and use it in another. I haven't run into any mmo's that offer a money back guarantee or price match to purchases made in their ingame store.

An in-game item shop from an MMO still in Beta. They were the ones using that word so they could use it as an excuse for all the bugs and exploits in the game. So since prices weren't official (beta, folks. We're still in beta), I'd say refunding the difference in Zen is not unfair at all.
  • Options
    hobieonehobieone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ghestapw wrote: »
    So, let me see if I understand this.

As a way to thank your customers who have already spent thousands and thousands of dollars / euros / etc on zen, you're going to thank them for their purchases by saying "Hey, everyone ELSE is going to get a discount now, not you." How does this show that you value your customers?

I've spent thousands and thousands of zen on these items already, but I get no rebate? As an open beta player I've tested and bug reported and lost AD and zen to items that were bugged and helped you to fix it. But now, after everything that I've put in, you're going to discount the items I've already purchased? Does this seem backwards to you? Or is it supposed to be a big EFF you to the players that have helped make this game what it is already?

this is exactly why i don't purchase anything from a free to play game store as long as the game is listed as a beta of any kind. the items and prices always change upon release. hell in another ftp game i seen an item people spent money on nerfed when the game went live.

Its common sense guys, don't ever buy from a cash store before the game is actually released! the quote above is an example of what can happen if you do.
  • Options
    banecrushrbanecrushr Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ANd so the great sence of "I'M entitled to yours, continues".. In a word ..pathetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Sir, were now surrounded"!
    Thats great news son, now we can attack from ALL sides"!
  • Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    what i wonder...the news says that the Sylvan Grove Dye Packs will get reduced in price too but i cant find that in the store...am i just blind or too stupid?
  • Options
    redrydurredrydur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seems many think that there will be an influx of new players that will be taking advantage of cheaper rates. When in reality the vast majority of people who are going to play this game are already playing. I have a lot of friends that play MMOs and not one of them waited until the game goes live to play.

If Neverwinter had a retail box to buy, the game would have only been in open beta for a weekend or so. As it is/was, there was no point in going live as there was no reason to do so, and they could use the word "beta" anytime something got fubar'd.

The hype of this game was at the start of open beta and is over now, those playing it now are the ones that will be playing it live. I really doubt there will be more than a handful of new players that get to take advantage of lower prices.

And seriously ...Bags??... why not discount bags and bank space? Its sad when players won't log in and play because the bags are full and they don't want to fork out 10 bucks so they can loot trash mobs again.
  • Options
    xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    huckasex wrote: »
    what i wonder...the news says that the Sylvan Grove Dye Packs will get reduced in price too but i cant find that in the store...am i just blind or too stupid?

I saw that too... hopefully we'll see it in the store before the sale ends! Maybe it's a sign that the ranger is being released sooner than later. With no word about it and no sign on the test server yet, I doubt it'd sneak in for launch... but you never know.
  • Options
    bathoffirebathoffire Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your kidding? Right? I mean say you buy a new car as soon as it comes out. You just HAVE to have it first, and drive it before everyone else, so you pay top dollar with no discounts. After a few months they start discounting the price with special offers. Do you really think the dealership is ping to call you up and say "hey the price dropped, we want to send you some money back!"? No way. You spent money to buy stuff as soon as you could. Thanks for supporting the game, but why don't you take your sense of entitlement and move along.

Spot on, that's why I don't make real money purchases during betas. Not to mention if something went wrong and they ended up shutting the whole thing down I could be out who knows how much. I was hoping they'd remove respecs having a zen cost or atleast bring it down to a dollar at most. I want to spend some money on this game but respecs was the one thing I was hoping they'd remove a cost for. I like to respec a lot in games with talent trees.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Argh, I saw the sale, went home and immediately bought something...

...and then only noticed afterwards that the sale hasn't kicked in yet!

At least I only lost $7.50 out of that. :(
  • Options
    jcbdemojcbdemo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    Argh, I saw the sale, went home and immediately bought something...

...and then only noticed afterwards that the sale hasn't kicked in yet!

At least I only lost $7.50 out of that. :(
    I lost $10. I feel your pain.
  • Options
    kramerzflkramerzfl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When I read the news - I got the proverbial bad taste in my mouth since I paid full boat recently for the 4000 zen mount. Do I feel I'm entitled to a refund - no. However, it diminishes my satisfaction as a paying customer. In my particular case, I'm also pissed off that the size of the howler I received was not the same size of the howler on display in the market place. My half-ork looks like a fat guy in little jacket on this thing FFS.
    Hello.
  • Options
    drizznafeindrizznafein Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still 35$ for a tier 3 mount...gee thanks *heavy sarcasm*
  • Options
    losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you want me to play an alt, i need bags and bank space to go down please.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • Options
    draaagundraaagun Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    are the prices dropped yet it says 25% off the icon but the check outprice is still 4000 zen not 3000 ????
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If you double click on the mount it says 3000, but at the bottom it still says 4000, not sure if it actually charges that amount.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    thats my question :( on the website in the details it said the sale event launched at 12 Noon PST its 4:56pm EST so 1:56 PST. I dont want screwed out of 1000 zen so im not going to buy it I guess.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Bump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    draaagun wrote: »
    Bump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said, you can double click the mount and it will ask if you want to pay 3000, I did and got charged that amount. If you choose to click buy from the bottom of the menu, then it'll ask you if you want to pay 4000, so I chose not to do that just in case.
  • Options
    mezekulmezekul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Obviously this game is full of communists and the community won't be happy until everything is free.
  • Options
    draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    For the folks complaining about the price reductions... I hope you don't drown in your tears. Grow up already and quit assuming the world revolves around you.

The price reductions are much needed but I feel they could have been reduced more. The cost of respec'ing my characters remains cost-prohibitive in my opinion (even with the upcoming, and marginal, price reduction). Thus, I shall refrain from spending anymore money on this game. Character respec tokens shouldn't cost more than one U.S. $1.00.
  • Options
    kingicewindkingicewind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yay, saved so much. Not.
  • Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    huckasex wrote: »

haha, ok, that dye pack got removed from the news, awesome stuff...seems like they spoiled something they didnt want to spoil :D