test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

so about pvp tournament in 4 days ...

vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
i am not ingame till evening so i cant check news, but do you notice pvp season tournament in calendar? starting in 4 days, if i am not mistaken. what is your hopes, dream, expectations, opinions? there are better rewards than just plain ad and glory looks like, its a chance for pvpers to step in, show that pvp worth a dev concern? discuss....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Developers must take care of this, 12 level enchantments means something is really broken. Woul be just easy to make an alforithm to match people by Item Score.

Yeah cause equipping/unequipping stuff is really hard to do...
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Yeah cause equipping/unequipping stuff is really hard to do...

Just make so you cant change gear once you start the queue and in the pvp area.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sadly the timing is sad...
    As an european player i must wait 2.00 3.00 am to fight valid players and this is not possible in this period of the year.
    My play time is limited to 21.30 24.00 :(

This alone driven me away from pvping since i reached a near bis equip
    So you probably wont find me and many other players like me in this tournament
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Easy way to make it fun for all (yea some bis cheaters might object but who cares) that already exist in other games is lowering the gear to a certain maximum or just make all wear same when entering pvp zone.

Rank 7 max for normal ench and perfect for armor weapon and all given elemental armor when entering pvp zone.

This is ofc for future as they wont have time to implement it now but is doeble for sure.....
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If the rewards are really based on winning matches and the system stays the same it is now, it's not going to be a tournament, but a farming spot for the already rich.

The environment needs to be a solo queue with a stricter matchmaking than currently. I would assume a team has worked on the league for quite some time now and that Thursday's patch will actually introduce changes.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yeah, i now is monday, ideal for first info
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    metalldjt wrote: »
    so it's a great place for people who dont have an elemental set, or a legendary mount.

No it's not for the reasons I stated.
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    PvP tournament with this class balance and amount of bugs is at least...freaking bad idea :)

all i have to say is- Devs are you f....kidding me?
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's called Neverwinter Combat League: Preseason. Which hints there's more to come.
  • Options
    greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Watch every team having a Paladin/DC/TR in it.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Watch every team having a Paladin/DC/TR in it.

You mean there are other classes you can choose from?!?! Did anyone else know about this!?
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There is no tournament. What is starting is the preseason for "neverwinter champions league", which is not a tournament, because you don't lose ranking for losing games, you can only gain points by winning and sometimes by losing, so it will reward people who play a large volume of games and win a high percentage of them, not people who play a few very long games with their premade pals.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So, does anyone know what this Preseason League is about? After 5 pages reading it, nobody seem to have any solid answer....
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sucks that I wont be here for 2 days of the event. I am well keen for some Pvp's
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    icyphish wrote: »
    So, does anyone know what this Preseason League is about? After 5 pages reading it, nobody seem to have any solid answer....

From what I read, you have to queue for Domination pvp. You earn new pvp currency per match then trade them for rewards at the event NPC like usual.

For more details, hover you mouse over Calendar, it will show you what exactly the even is about and also rewards.

Here is some top rewards:
    -Armor landshark mount - Legendary rank.
    -Landshark mount - Epic rank.
    -A chest contains one piece of Elemental Burning gears (Upgraded from Burning gears).
    -A chest contains one Brilliant Diamond (250k RP).
    -A chest contains one of new (I guess) pvp rings/belts/cloaks.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Without some kind of enforced boolstering down this will be a mess. They should at least disable premades, but some kinds might start crying when they will have to face other geared toons instead of undergeared pugs, heh.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Brackets have indeed been suggested before.

But as many have pointed out.. due to just a tremendous amount of company mistakes since mod 4(when the unleashed a massive amount of discrepancy in gear) it just has gotten worse. Mod 5.. made all non tr players fume.. they corrected that to a extent but they totally ignored repeated requests to stop gear progression.

For the most part, most legit players dont want to invest every single AD we make into one toon, alot of us like to play the game with at least 2-3 different alts and are fed up with this progression method.

ARtifact gear, enchants blah blah blah. Just stop it.

Is this game any more fun then it was when we didnt have to continually rank stuff up? I would suggest no. It was the most fun to me in mod 2ish time frame, when having a full profound set, some self earned pvp rings or some ancient set of stuff and r8/9s was close enough to compete. It was much more fun and pvp would pop in seconds over and over.. i remember doing back to back to back to back matches over and over.. I would level up toons all the way through domination back then!

PVP in this game started going out of control mid mod 3 and it hasnt ever been quite the same since, however, I actually think mod 6.. is better then mod 4,5. Since you can pop into gg at anytime and you do in fact get some good matches in it, Ive had several come from behind wins recently and some very even matches. One BiS can totally dominate a Dom match .. but in a ten vs ten it evens it out a little.

I would love to enjoy a tourney.. but my most powerful toon right now, isnt in the league of some of these near 5k ilevel monsters. I would do ok with a 3k event though.

Im all for making people pay thier dues, but progression is out of control in this game and has been for awhile.
  • Options
    ohsvetlanaohsvetlana Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A few of us in Grievance sat down and did the math of what it would take to get One character with 1 Weapon enchant and 1 Armor enchant..to BiS...

(Disclaimer: Some of these people have 4 or 5 trancendants sitting in their bags )

The numbers would make you laugh out loud...

Spending money, fully legit, no 3rd party, to get 1 character in their neighborhood would be in the ballpark of $10,000

Yes, Ten thousand dollars.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd make domination queue solo player forced for the duration of the event.
    Else, you have premades from PvP guilds farming easily through pugs. It's not the same as now cause right now said guilds go pug premade here and there but with such rewards? Be sure they will be in domination 24/7 farming hopeless pugs to accumulate rewards.

Sure everyone will partecipate cause the rewards are too good to miss. But like that it's just another way to reward the PvP whales.
    Much like:

"hear us folks! Queue for Domination this week end so you can get insane rewards for facerolling hopeless pugs with your BiS premade! Stay with us and keep spending $$$$, thanks! :)"

I enjoy PvP and when you meet a BiS premade/ player you usually call it a day. But with no limitations this event will just be a free fest for BiS whales so they can increase even more their advantage over pugs.

Forcing players to solo queue for the duration of the event and putting approximate brackets like 1500-2000+, 2100-3000+, 3100-4000+ and 4100+ is pure common sense.
    Considering the rewards you can expect the whole community to partecipate. If you say them the environment will be modified to be more fair THANKS TO THE INCREASED PVP PARTECIPATION, even more players would join.

Again, it's pure common sense to make the competition fair and give a fair chance to get the same rewards to everyone like in any other event.

This way, with current domination, it's just inviting BiS premades to parade through the tournament, facerolling pugs and filling their already fat belly with more valuable prizes, while the average player is left fighting with matchmaking.
    Or with some insane lfg chat requests like "lfm PvP event 3.5k+".

May be the 24/7 BiS premades will be diluted if the whole community joins in, may be we will see matchmaking working the way it should with more players in queue, so BiS vs BiS and pug vs pug of comparable gear/ experience. Who knows...
    Still, i would stay on the safe side and do what i wrote above.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Moderator Notice:
    This thread has been cleansed. Posts have been removed for discussing moderation, naming and shaming, and discussing exploiters or exploitation. Folks, please do not discuss exploiting, exploiters, or the like here as our Rules do not permit such. If one has something to say on such, make a Support Ticket and say it there. Thanks!

Do not respond to this moderator notice, for doing so is not allowed. Instead, contact any of the Community Team via Private Message to discuss forum moderation.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A few of us in Grievance sat down and did the math of what it would take to get One character with 1 Weapon enchant and 1 Armor enchant..to BiS...

(Disclaimer: Some of these people have 4 or 5 trancendants sitting in their bags )

The numbers would make you laugh out loud...

Spending money, fully legit, no 3rd party, to get 1 character in their neighborhood would be in the ballpark of $10,000

Yes, Ten thousand dollars.

Don't you love the word free to play. LOL

And some really want us to believe it can be done fully legit in a month or so and on more toons. LOL
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think the success of purer pvp games shows us that you don't need to a purchasable or grindable starting advantage to win to be successful and instead if you monetise and reward play with cosmetic items even if you put the drop in a pay box you can be wildly successful.

It might not work in Neverwinter because of the very obviously narrower playerbase but that's kind of a chicken and egg dilemma because how many people have left in irritation being able to put up the fight a toddler would give prime Mike Tyson.

The same thing has undermined any chance of balance which is what any half decent pvp game needs for people to bother sticking with it. The bis people think pvp should be balanced around the maximum a class can pull off which makes sense and the undergeared who are the vast majority think it should be balanced for what toons in their band can pull off because that's the actual game that's played which also makes sense. Bis versus normal gears isn't really a game. You can with some verbal dexterity argue that it is but if you're doing that kind of gymnastics you're playing a different funnier game. Gear restrictions collapse that problem and you get to see who's carried by their gear and who is actually good and what classes are actually broken and then people start to stay when they have a chance to win by getting better at playing the game.

I have a dream lol but we all know what's going to go down Friday and the inevitable irritation is going to be justified.
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »

But as many have pointed out.. due to just a tremendous amount of company mistakes since mod 4(when the unleashed a massive amount of discrepancy in gear) it just has gotten worse. Mod 5.. made all non tr players fume.. they corrected that to a extent but they totally ignored repeated requests to stop gear progression.

For the most part, most legit players dont want to invest every single AD we make into one toon, alot of us like to play the game with at least 2-3 different alts and are fed up with this progression method.

Is this game any more fun then it was when we didnt have to continually rank stuff up? I would suggest no. It was the most fun to me in mod 2ish time frame, when having a full profound set, some self earned pvp rings or some ancient set of stuff and r8/9s was close enough to compete. It was much more fun and pvp would pop in seconds over and over.. i remember doing back to back to back to back matches over and over.. I would level up toons all the way through domination back then!

PVP in this game started going out of control mid mod 3 and it hasnt ever been quite the same since, however, I actually think mod 6.. is better then mod 4,5. Since you can pop into gg at anytime and you do in fact get some good matches in it, Ive had several come from behind wins recently and some very even matches. One BiS can totally dominate a Dom match .. but in a ten vs ten it evens it out a little.

I would love to enjoy a tourney.. but my most powerful toon right now, isnt in the league of some of these near 5k ilevel monsters. I would do ok with a 3k event though.

Im all for making people pay thier dues, but progression is out of control in this game and has been for awhile.

this post is on **** point

also, there's people already at 5k item level? good gosh
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    this post is on **** point

also, there's people already at 5k item level? good gosh

Impossible. The max ilvl at this point is around 4.9k
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »

This is EXACTLY why all stuff needs to be bound to ACCOUNT.

Mounts, artifacts, artifact gear ALL needs to be bound to the account.

I would LOVE to play alts as well and did up until about mod 3. Then it became FAR too painful to play alts. If I could, I would swap things back and forth... For the most part alot of gear can work on any class.

Artifacts and things like Belt/Neck could all easily be bound to account. I would even go so far as to say rings TOO! If I make JC lvl 25 rings on one character, why cant I give them to another?

I could then take a ton of the gear off a main, throw it on an alt however the ALT would never ger around havng to farm for PVP gear and the weapons - which are a big deal.

But this atleast would be much more alt friendly and players would be MORE willing to invest more heavily into ONE set of stuff rather than having to do it on multiple characeters.

The gear divide is far too great now, it needs to be lessened.....
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    Because the game was designed to have massive gear divides in order to get whales paying more to be the best they can be. Having BiS players running around is in Cryptic's interest because it nudges some into spending more to try to catch up.

Put the blame for the gear divide at the feet of those that design the grind to be BiS impossible to do in a reasonably humane fashion, not at those that manage to get BiS, by whatever means.

I think it's the F2P model.
    You need to push players into buying stuff.
    A player who can get what he needs in a reasonable way without paying is not pushed to buy stuff.
    So the basics are
    1) make gearing up to a certain point, impossible for a normal, working human being

2) force the playerbase to deal with what BiS players can do, so they will get frustrated and pay

PvP is like that. Creating separate premade-PUG queues and brackets would not be an issue. But then the average PvP would not get facerolled by BiS whales and be pushed to pay.

The fact certain guilds ask for BiS gear to join you is also a big push for this model.

NW gives you a chance to get reasonably geared so you can still have some fun playing and get addicted. Then, when you need more (legendary artifact equipment, highest rank enchants), you have to pass a huge pay wall.

Best way to enjoy the game is assume you can do certain things and nothing else, and knowing you don't need to compete with BiS whales to have fun.

Flaw of this system is that players still have a budget/ limit in their will to spend money for a game, and frustrating them does not push the average player to spend 10k USD to be BiS, but rather go play something else when they see the game is not funny anymore.