test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen Market price changes - Prices permanently reduced!

Comments

• Options
    demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Cant wait for Re-live, very happy to see PW drop its zen prices this is great news! and really looking forward to the world event great work guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • Options
    scroll10scroll10 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Look, first of all most if not all of us are not helping debug much of anything, you know thats true for a huge amount of players. The small group of people that actually take the time to report bugs, odds are you are reporting something that is already a known issue on the internal builds.
    Open betas are generally nothing more than hardware/server stress tests, and go find those weird off the wall things the developer doesnt have the thousands of man hours to find. Also what in your mind said, yeah i know this is beta, but sure ill spend my hard earned money? You deserve to lose money if you cant see the inherent risk involved. Companies will keep doing this since there are raving idiots who have to be first one to get the newest imaginary widget on the screen.
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Glad to see the prices are being reduced. As I said leading up to open beta, a lot of the Zen store prices were too high. I also gave other players the advice to not buy any Zen or store items until the price dropped or a sale was on.

For the special snowflake players who are crying that they bought items at the higher price, that was your decision at the time of purchase, so moaning now that you bought an item at a high price and then it was discounted after a period of time is an argument no one will take seriously.

Finally, these price reductions go to show that most players were simply not buying the items on the store (I know I wasn't buying anything), because if enough players were buying the items at the higher prices, they wouldn't be reduced. PWE has the sales numbers & because stuff wasn't selling, they've had to lower the prices.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The dyes were ridiculous. This is much more reasonable, thanks.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    yerdissyerdiss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bought a mount yesterday evening (a European timezone), woke up seeing the announcement this morning. Kind of feels like 1,000 zen through the drain :(

On the positive note: Good initiative to lower these prices!
  • Options
    athanshadowathanshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There has been many and i do mean many threads on how over priced some items in cash shop are,and they actually cut price on most of items people complain about,and now half of you are pissed?wdf? LoL

if i was pwe,i would give you all the middle finger.
  • Options
    seneca671seneca671 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm a little surprised at the way people who how have legitimate reason to be frustrated conflate that with a desire that PWI "should" to make them feel better. It's a product. You bought it. The price went down. You have some buyer's remorse. C'est la adult life.

I bought the Guardian pack - no regrets, it's great - and I've bought a little zen here and there, maybe $20 or so. I've also bought keys with my in-game AD (I can't help myself, I like gambling). As time has passed, and the exchange rate has gone down, I've taken some hits. Heck, I transferred my 600K to Zen at 500 per, thinking that over time, Zen would become more valuable and the value of AD would decline (whoops! ***-backwards on that one!).

The bottom line is that you take your chances with any product - that it will be bad, that the price will come down. Then you move on.
  • Options
    meads91meads91 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maggothole wrote: »
    That's a step in the right direction, but the big thing is BAGS and BANK SPACE!! Those need to be halved in my opinion.
    +1 on this ! Also THANK YOU for cutting the retraining tokens in half !
  • Options
    baohsubaohsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    I am a pwe user but have spent around 40k zen on this game and one thing i know, for all you saying that we paid to play early, is that when a new console or new idea comes out they give it to the beta testers for free or a discounted price to test it and charge regular price on release date, not the other way around. I personally feel like they are giving us alpha and beta testers the big free bird by saying we are going to lower the prices of all these items, which i have bought the majority, for the live game people instead of the people who actually helped them fix the exploits, caturday anyone, and glitches in the game. I feel cheated out of that zen and can only hope they relies this and at least give us beta testers who have spent money on this something back.

2013-06-08 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -3000 0
    2013-06-08 890007831 Skrill Completed
    Your transaction was successfully completed.
    $30.00 +3000 3000
    2013-06-06 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -3000 0
    2013-06-06 888662541 Skrill Completed
    $30.00 +3000 3000
    2013-06-06 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -3000 0
    2013-06-06 888643840 Skrill Completed
    $30.00 +3000 3000
    2013-06-05 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -5300 0
    2013-06-05 888049214 Skrill Completed
    $50.00 +5300 5300
    2013-05-29 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -2000 0
    2013-05-29 883071577 Skrill Completed
    $20.00 +2000 2000
    2013-05-27 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -5300 0
    2013-05-27 881984254 Skrill Completed
    $50.00 +5300 5300
    2013-05-16 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -2000 0
    2013-05-16 874134664 Skrill Completed
    $20.00 +2000 2000
    2013-05-14 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -2000 0
    2013-05-14 1NJ977185M9584513 Paypal Completed
    $20.00 +2000 2000
    2013-05-13 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -6000 0
    2013-05-13 2BE97417WX1721449 Paypal Completed
    $30.00 +3000 6000
    2013-05-13 7R912890YP794415U Paypal Completed
    $30.00 +3000 3000
    2013-05-08 Neverwinter Transfer
    Neverwinter
    -2000 0
    2013-05-08 3YD31125T2039480C Paypal Completed
    $20.00 +2000 2000
    Neverwinter
    -3000 0
    2013-05-08 4MS26620TY0913916 Paypal Completed
    $30.00 +3000 3000
    Neverwinter
    -3000 0
    2013-05-08 869004189 Skrill Completed
    $30.00 +3000 3000

just so you know why im am mad

Hey Oliver Warbucks, Its nice to see people can have fat wallets and still no common sense.
    Foundry author of the "Red Rum Runners" Campaign. Part 1: "WANTED: Physical Labor Needed" and Part 2: "Worst Employer Ever!"
  • Options
    ghestapwghestapw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    khynnea wrote: »
    You (and others) are missing one of the key points here. It's not about caveat emptor, it's not about market price fluctuations, and it's not about the fact that the gaming company took the feedback garnered during beta and acted upon it by reducing the prices.

It's *only* about the fact that it is *cheaper* to *retain* a current loyal customer than it is to *acquire* a new customer. Period.

Since that's been pointed out multiple times in this thread, I would say that those posters aren't 'missing' the point so much as they are ignoring it because it cuts the legs out of their "LOL BUYER BEWARE NEWB!" arguments. They have to ignore it or they have no argument. They have to make it about money, buyer beware, or that they 'knew' that prices would drop, because they can't logically argue customer loyalty when so many customers have already complained about this.

From the first post to the last I, and many others in our camp, have stated it's not even about the zen so much as the attitude. I don't regret spending any money on this great game. I do care about the image it presents to players. Look at how many people said that they bought items of up to 4000 zen ($40 USD) within 24 hours of that announcement. As someone else has mentioned, most every store (in the USA at least) offers some sort of price matching, even AFTER a purchase. It's not about the 10%, 20%, 50% discount, it's not about the zen, it's about the perception that cryptic / pw, whatever isn't just trying to EFF you over, and values you as a customer.

It's the reason they offered the caturday survivor packs after a 7 hour rollback. Certainly a few exp scrolls and a title don't make up for people who literally lost 10-15 levels, epic items, etc that they had gained in those 7 hours, but at least it's a way of saying "hey, we value you as customers."

This current price drop, with no consideration to current paying customers, feels like a huge middle finger to those of us who have already spent zen (be it a large amount or small).

THATS the problem.
    Rhev@ghestapw - Co-GL <iTyrant> - ityrantguild.com - Beholder server
    Try out my first foundry mission - The Missing Youth - NW-DGX79EG65
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited June 2013
    Your kidding? Right? I mean say you buy a new car as soon as it comes out. You just HAVE to have it first, and drive it before everyone else, so you pay top dollar with no discounts. After a few months they start discounting the price with special offers. Do you really think the dealership is ping to call you up and say "hey the price dropped, we want to send you some money back!"? No way. You spent money to buy stuff as soon as you could. Thanks for supporting the game, but why don't you take your sense of entitlement and move along.

It really depends on what country you live in. Some countries have a guarantee price period by law
    Apart from that, I also really feel this is a bad way to treat your customers who have spend money on the game.
    At the same time it's also a good indicator for what can be expected in the future and a advice;
    "Do not spend any money in the shop unless, Zen's are on sale or there is a shop sale."

Then again, people might be rewarded for how much they have spend in the Zen shop, just like they do in Forsaken World.
  • Options
    anthonydamanthonydam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most useful change I saw on there was "respect will now be 300". I think NW is going in the right direction. Bank space and bags need to be lowered too though.
    Need a website? Why not Zoidberg?!
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ghestapw wrote: »
    As someone else has mentioned, most every store (in the USA at least) offers some sort of price matching, even AFTER a purchase.

These are retail chains that have a physical storefront, that sell physical items. It's apples and oranges. The price match is set up, to coincide with their money back guarantee, so it saves the customer the bother of returning an item, and then going into the store, picking up the item and repurchasing it. It also attempts to prevent the customer from returning the item, and purchasing at their competitor's store.

MMO's with a store that sells digital items, that are unique only to their game, do not have to offer a money back guarantee, because once you use a respec token, you can't give it back. Therefore are not obligated to offer a price match. "All sales are final" it's in the small print.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• Options
    kilaukkilauk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    maggothole wrote: »
    That's a step in the right direction, but the big thing is BAGS and BANK SPACE!! Those need to be halved in my opinion.

Wise words my friend, wise words.
  • Options
    cellanoid#1655 cellanoid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've purchased $20 worth of Zen on this game. Bought a bag for my main, and a key. I do not plan on spending any more money unless I see a show of good faith by PWE to refund those people who purchased the soon-to-be discounted items with the amount of zen associated with the new price (not the sale price, because sales happen all the time, and I'm sure those swindled would agree).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    maisaan wrote: »
    It really depends on what country you live in. Some countries have a guarantee price period by law
    Apart from that, I also really feel this is a bad way to treat your customers who have spend money on the game.
    At the same time it's also a good indicator for what can be expected in the future and a advice;
    "Do not spend any money in the shop unless, Zen's are on sale or there is a shop sale."

Then again, people might be rewarded for how much they have spend in the Zen shop, just like they do in Forsaken World.

These laws are for those stores that sell the same products to prevent price gouging.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Fleet

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I've purchased $20 worth of Zen on this game. Bought a bag for my main, and a key. I do not plan on spending any more money unless I see a show of good faith by PWE to refund those people who purchased the soon-to-be discounted items with the amount of zen associated with the new price (not the sale price, because sales happen all the time, and I'm sure those swindled would agree).

I have bought two bags and some bank space, and I will continue to purchase items in Neverwinter until I see a show of good faith by the community to stop QQing about everything.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Fleet

• Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    Can Bags go on sale too please ;P
  • Options
    kadirrakadirra Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Now I do like this idea. Having some reward system based on Zen spent would definitely be a step in the right direction, and perhaps have people who pay full price for an item feel that any 'sales' on said item in the future do not feel as punishing/harsh (and thus encourage people to only buy during sales events). I've not played Forsaken World, so don't know what kind of system they have, but this is an interesting idea.

Still, I would like to think that such a severe permanent price alteration /based on Beta feedback/ would result in some public relations outreach by PW to those who bought things at original price, if only to smooth ruffled Zen-spender feathers and encourage them to keep on spendin'.

I'd think the rewards program would do well to make customers feel comfortable about spending when things aren't on sale. Whatever PR package/gift/kisses/whatever to those who spent Zen on things before prices stabilized would bring those customers back to the Zen shop to be made comfortable by the rewards program addition later. :)
  • Options
    khynneakhynnea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    baohsu wrote: »
    Hey Oliver Warbucks, Its nice to see people can have fat wallets and still no common sense.

100% Troll. Epic commentary. I know you trolls feel a deep seated need to be fed, so ... here you go. In other words, you have no basis for this remark. No sense of what proportion this is of their overall budget, entertainment budget or what other sacrifices they made to make this purchase. I could pick your remark to shreds, but then I'd be feeding you more than I care to.

ravin wrote: »
    These are retail chains that have a physical storefront, that sell physical items. It's apples and oranges. The price match is set up, to coincide with their money back guarantee, so it saves the customer the bother of returning an item, and then going into the store, picking up the item and repurchasing it. It also attempts to prevent the customer from returning the item, and purchasing at their competitor's store.

MMO's with a store that sells digital items, that are unique only to their game, do not have to offer a money back guarantee, because once you use a respec token, you can't give it back. Therefore are not obligated to offer a price match. "All sales are final" it's in the small print.

No, not apples and oranges. It's really a matter of business to business comparison. Are you an upstanding customer-loyalty-comes-first sort of business, or the kind that milks the cow bone dry and doesn't really care about the quality of your product or the customers. Or some variation. Without naming online companies (with deference to likely forum guidelines), there *are* online companies who do price matching, allow for returns of goods that are electronic or otherwise, and value reputation. Money back guarantees are not merely brick and mortar entities. They are things that companies can either choose to back or not, and if not, then the customer is likely forced to go the way of the credit card charge denial and then be banned for life from a game company or some such. It's all a matter of extremes, and how upset a customer is. In the case of someone who spent literally hundreds of dollars a day or so before something went drastically on sale, and nothing was offered to be done for them, a customer may well challenge that purchase. Good for them if they take it up with billing or customer service. Ultimately though it is up to the terms of the agreement, the company can decide to say no, and the customer can challenge the charges and walk away from the game for life. These things can and do happen.

It just depends on how much the game company *cares* about its reputation and maintaining that customer. But again, a lot of posters in this thread seem to want to make this to be about who spent money during beta before a price adjustment. Paying higher prices to play a "free to play game" during its testing phase is not a reward worth helping a company find its price point for, seriously. Having played way too many MMOs, sure it's "nice" to have high level characters at launch, leverage head starts, rush to level cap or whatever -- but in no way is it equivalent to helping *them* optimize the cost value of their goods at the players' expense.

You guys just want to point fingers and step on necks and push people down who have every right to ask for compensation.

The company has every right to say no.

The players then have to make the choice what to do about the result. Totally not something to get into an argument over.

Talk about lack of common sense.

+1 many times. I only buy in game currency when I can find it on "sale," or get it discounted. And with any in-game commodity trading, zen<->ad for example, I won't trade until I can understand trends.

As for a 'rewards club,' that's an excellent idea, and would certainly go a long way to demonstrating appreciation toward more aggressive spending and loyal customers. In some respects it would even have provided a "solution" for the current dilemma. Those who had spent more $/zen would have spent more to buy the same, and thus accrued more rewards. Not an ideal solution but it would provide some insulation against future pricing changes within the Zen store.
  • Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    what i wonder...the news says that the Sylvan Grove Dye Packs will get reduced in price too but i cant find that in the store...am i just blind or too stupid?
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People complain endlessly about cash shop prices. "Lower them! Too high!"

Prices are lowered

People complain endlessly. "How dare you lower prices! Give me my money back!"

Many faces palmed.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cloaking the entitlement attitude in an argument which claims it's a better business move to reward loyal customers than to entice new players may attempt to obfuscate the argument, but it ultimately is a fail. Folks might not be living in the 21st century, where your cellphone provider will offer an awesome smartphone for a couple hundred bucks (or free) to get you on a contract that lasts two years. Existing customers get a smaller discount on the phone and perhaps a loyalty discount on the contract, but attracting new customers builds business. I am all for rewards for loyalty, but DEMANDING them is something else entirely. It is not a question of rights. One has the right to demand anything they wish; they have no right to have those demands fulfilled automatically as the result of a change in policy. Continuing the cellphone example, most contracts include a provision that if the terms of service change, one can exit the contract early without having a termination fee charged. Hence, businesses can't lock you in at set prices for life without providing a fair means to exit the relationship. If the provider provides a new cheaper plan, they aren't under any obligation to provide a refund for all the money one has spent on the more expensive plan. They may even move one to the cheaper plan as the more expensive plan is phased out, but expecting a refund of past monies paid is silly.

Prices go up and down all the time, for many reasons. Players who have participated since the start of open beta have already received their rewards: playing the game before anyone else. No doubt if prices had been risen, they'd have been patting themselves on the back, saying, "Man, I'm glad I bought that tier 3 mount before the prices increased!" Of course, now the shoe is on the other foot. New players benefit more than existing players who have already spent money. Are OG players angry that the price of AD to Zen is more advantageous now than it was at the start of the game? Such expressions of entitlement and jealousy are a waste of time and ultimately only harm those feeling those emotions.

Fear not, this disease is curable. I can help you, for I can craft many, many pairs of those adult pants.
  • Options
    e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ghestapw wrote: »
    So, let me see if I understand this.

As a way to thank your customers who have already spent thousands and thousands of dollars / euros / etc on zen, you're going to thank them for their purchases by saying "Hey, everyone ELSE is going to get a discount now, not you." How does this show that you value your customers?

I've spent thousands and thousands of zen on these items already, but I get no rebate? As an open beta player I've tested and bug reported and lost AD and zen to items that were bugged and helped you to fix it. But now, after everything that I've put in, you're going to discount the items I've already purchased? Does this seem backwards to you? Or is it supposed to be a big EFF you to the players that have helped make this game what it is already?

You should go to every single shop and every single game store and every grocery store that you have gone to and be like

"HOW DARE YOU LOWER PRICES AFTER I BOUGHT THINGS AT A MUCH HIGHER PRICE"

Also going by your logic, when prices go UP people that have bought things should be charged MORE.

I actually cannot believe that someone managed to QQ like a grumpy old ******, about prices being reduced. I mean I didn't actually realize that putting prices down is a BAD THING?!!!

WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • Options
    jcbdemojcbdemo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just bought a howler last night..and less than 24 hours later...$10 cheaper...sigh.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    khynnea wrote: »
    No, not apples and oranges. It's really a matter of business to business comparison. Are you an upstanding customer-loyalty-comes-first sort of business, or the kind that milks the cow bone dry and doesn't really care about the quality of your product or the customers. Or some variation. Without naming online companies (with deference to likely forum guidelines), there *are* online companies who do price matching, allow for returns of goods that are electronic or otherwise, and value reputation. Money back guarantees are not merely brick and mortar entities. They are things that companies can either choose to back or not, and if not, then the customer is likely forced to go the way of the credit card charge denial and then be banned for life from a game company or some such. It's all a matter of extremes, and how upset a customer is. In the case of someone who spent literally hundreds of dollars a day or so before something went drastically on sale, and nothing was offered to be done for them, a customer may well challenge that purchase. Good for them if they take it up with billing or customer service. Ultimately though it is up to the terms of the agreement, the company can decide to say no, and the customer can challenge the charges and walk away from the game for life. These things can and do happen

Still apples and oranges. You are still dealing with online retail entities that sell similar products, physical or digital. I'm talking about an ingame mmo store that sell items that are unique to the game, and no other. By unique I mean you can't buy an item from one mmo and use it in another. I haven't run into any mmo's that offer a money back guarantee or price match to purchases made in their ingame store.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Fleet

• Options
    candi5192002candi5192002 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Your kidding? Right? I mean say you buy a new car as soon as it comes out. You just HAVE to have it first, and drive it before everyone else, so you pay top dollar with no discounts. After a few months they start discounting the price with special offers. Do you really think the dealership is ping to call you up and say "hey the price dropped, we want to send you some money back!"? No way. You spent money to buy stuff as soon as you could. Thanks for supporting the game, but why don't you take your sense of entitlement and move along.

Actually in most things retail, if the item purchased goes on sale within 30 days they will give you the difference... just tossin that out there.
  • Options
    kilaukkilauk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    So when does the sale start?
  • Options
    ghestapwghestapw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    These are retail chains that have a physical storefront, that sell physical items. It's apples and oranges...

Ok, then how about the service industry. Most services that I know offer a similar thing in order to prevent bad word of mouth and to encourage repeat business. Car mechanics, pool cleaners, electricians, etc. Almost all of these places that I've dealt with in the past and in my life have always been willing to work with customers, even on refunding prices, to make sure that the customer is satisfied and that they get repeat business.

Now are we at least comparing grapefruits to oranges? Because there's not going to be a model that exactly fits neverwinter, so you'll have to accept the analogy on some level. In addition, I wasn't the one who originally brought up brick and mortar stores... that was someone elses argument to me. I was just debunking their point.
    Rhev@ghestapw - Co-GL <iTyrant> - ityrantguild.com - Beholder server
    Try out my first foundry mission - The Missing Youth - NW-DGX79EG65
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kilauk wrote: »
    So when does the sale start?

Noon PST, so 4 hours 9mins from this post.

---
    Also reading some posts here are kind of disgusting and selfish. I'd be annoyed if I got a mount (or any item in life) and it went on sale, I'd be annoyed too. But you can not make demands. Also just because it's a virtual item doesn't make a difference. Full retail games online will also reduce in price over time. If they did compensate people any some way that'd be great, but too many people seem to think that they are entitled to it. No you're not. It sucks to miss out, but you need to stop thinking only of yourselves and welcome changes that benefit the whole community. I also want to add that it doesn't really make sense to release new mounts for a lower price whilst keeping old ones the same price as no-one would buy the older ones.