Options

Major updates on the way!

Comments

• Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daowace wrote: »
    Will the crashing be fixed?

That's the main reason I stopped playing; along with the celestial coin bull**** that lost me 7 days worth of coins. At a low level, that potential 140k loss hurt so much.

HOw is it a loss, what do you do with these coins?
  • Options
    xilinearxilinear Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fix the goddam skipping exploits in Spider/Karru/Pirate/CN ......
  • Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Fix the stamina hack in pvp. CWs blinking 5-6 times in a row is becoming more commonplace in domination.

Thank you.
  • Options
    madqhuemadqhue Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So with Cryptic's sense of time 'finishing touches' probably means "we'll release it in 2-3 weeks".
  • Options
    cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for the info.

Good communication with the community is one way to give us faith that thinks are going to get better.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    madqhue wrote: »
    So with Cryptic's sense of time 'finishing touches' probably means "we'll release it in 2-3 weeks".

Could be very true. Good news though, if this is going to be the big balance/fix patch then 8/16 could be Module1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With all the big class changes, will we be getting Respec tokens?

And that's a very good question. I would also like to know the answer.
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • Options
    usodesuusodesu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    why do i have this feeling this patch will break classes ?

the fact that some class mechanics like astral shield for cleric are ridiculously needed for this class to function, the fact that if you knock out the cleric out of this shield he/she is totally the most gimp class ever

the fact that you nerfed self healing for clerics by 40 percent yet gave nothing in return no increased damage no nothing just a plain nerf , which is a broken fix because it made us useless outside of astral shield ,yet have not the damage or tools to defend like a CW ? that fix was not a fix imo.

like how you fixed GWF just before open beta by making their damage disappear? surely you know that apart from their damage they have nothing ? no range or control like a CW yet we have to compete with them ? and why is there no immunity on sprint ? why do you need to spent like 15 points in paragon to get sprint with some bonus to deflect ? holy batman that should be build in for free...

the fact that guardian (GF) when using paragon conqueror you have more dps and tools then a GWF yet you still hardly get invited, as you do not have range or control of CW
    nor useful mechanics and single target dps of Rogue

like how you fixed the foundry ?

so if we can expect fixes that make clerics not have to rely on astral shield to be useful, more damage ? increased self heal ? more encounter and feat fixes ?

that GWF get more tools or just a bucket load of changes that make you want them?

to fix GF to be no longer god mode in PVP and make them absolutely needed for PVE ?

to fix CW to have no longer ridiculous amounts of everything, too much damage too much control and too much tools to escape ?
    they should be support not uber jack of everything...

to fix defense as it seems some skills/encounters only kill you quicker the more you have of this ? bug or what ?

fix i win dailies for rogue as they already have plenty of i win without it ?

fix ridiculously slow money gain yet astronomical prices at 60 to buy a heal potion or even worse 20 silver for a flippin injury kit ?
    that is killing 133 normal monsters to be able to get 1 injury kit as normal monsters drop 14 copper at 60... ? i have 12 gold at 60 and it only decreases each dungeon run..

well i am expecting a lot from these so called balance fixes and game fixes/revamps , but when checking back at all the other so called fixes i hold my breath for it may yet be the patch that breaks everything.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh they'll rebalance, but not in the way you want them to. You know what's the 100% sure-fire way to kill the balance? Cater to all the requests on the forums, which threaten, demand, and expect. They don't have to, and I believe they have enough sense not to.

One thing you can count on though, the double-stacking AS will probably be gone. And no, that's not a "nerf" (god I hate this word and its constant abuse/misuse).

Also, seeing how much the game's changed since October, one can count on some sweeping changes.
  • Options
    usodesuusodesu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Oh they'll rebalance, but not in the way you want them to. You know what's the 100% sure-fire way to kill the balance? Cater to all the requests on the forums, which threaten, demand, and expect. They don't have to, and I believe they have enough sense not to.

One thing you can count on though, the double-stacking AS will probably be gone. And no, that's not a "nerf" (god I hate this word and its constant abuse/misuse).

Also, seeing how much the game's changed since October, one can count on some sweeping changes.

that is what i said, they nerfed clerics with a fix to their self healing, so they need to rely on things like astral shields to function, if i am on my cleric in pve if i do not have astral shield i totally get the feeling of being broken bs class. if i put in damage skills to kill quicker and not rely on any healing skills on your bar , lol, what a joke, i dont know if you have seen or compared a well geared cleric without astral shield vs pve vs a CW , rogue, guardian, gwf doing the same content in pve but you will find out how ridiculous a cleric is gimped without that little round circle on the ground.

stacking of astral shields , i have never done it outside of pvp but it surely shows how ridiculous this skill is and how reliant this class is build around this skill.

i am all for a great fix to astral shield, as long as i do not need to rely on it , as if i do not have astral shield up, for 15 seconds i feel like a totally useless clown. (part of this has to do with broken aggro, maybe)

yea super great idea to fix as long as it doesnt break anything in the process, tbh their way of fixing things doesnt really promise good, not to mention that in closed beta bugs that were reported still werent fix in open beta and when sheet hit the fan they could fix it within a day but without fixing the lasting unnecessary damage it has caused . unnecessary because it was reported numerous times before the release of open beta...
  • Options
    pshyispshyis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I kinda hope the companion unbinding will be fixed as well as the training books being added.I'll probably be let down but one can always hope right?
  • Options
    wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You are describing critical fixes to any extremely buggy and unbalanced game.

What about the Ranger class and normal Drow race?
  • Options
    kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    pshyis wrote: »
    I kinda hope the companion unbinding will be fixed as well as the training books being added.I'll probably be let down but one can always hope right?

Your Pet will as useless at rang 30 as it was at rang 15 ;)
  • Options
    brailthorbrailthor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just wondering when the group matching goinga be fixed its annoying when you need a tank and a healer and get 4 rouges instead. but great game minor down fallls but best out there to date by far!!
  • Options
    unblessedhandunblessedhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    I've very excited to see what this update has to offer. A little class balance could go a long way.
  • Options
    rck2rollrck2roll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am curious what the "Every class will see big changes in regards to their mechanics. Aside from fixing many of the bugs associated with class powers, we've done a considerable amount of rebalancing across the board. Expect a high volume of changes to damage, mitigation, cooldowns, stacking, power synergies, durations, and knockbacks, interrupts, threat, bonuses, and pretty much everything else!" are ... To me this reads as "We completely re-wrote all the classes and how they work" IE EVERYTHING will be completely changed. The mechanics of how each class plays has be completely re-written and no one will know how things work for the first few days after this change most likely ...

"High volume changes" to damage, mitigation, CD's, stacking, power synergies, durations, KB's, INT's, threat, bonuses ... Sounds like they completely re-wrote the games combat system to me. I would expect to see a completely different game after this kind of "adjustment". Prolly the closest thing comes to mind is that infamous change to SWG way back when ...

Of course a respec token for each toon would be pretty much mandatory in that kind of situation. To maintain community good will and all ... Of course they are free to NOT grant respec tokens and expect everyone to have to pay Zen to get one as well, though that approach may well cause a massive uproar. Most likely they'll give each account one respec token ...

Regardless ... The "big changes to all class mechanics" is going to make some people happy, most likely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the vast majority of players, and create a major forum explosion that'll cause the need for maintenance on a twice a day basis for a couple weeks.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rck2roll wrote: »
    Regardless ... The "big changes to all class mechanics" is going to make some people happy, most likely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off the vast majority of players, and create a major forum explosion that'll cause the need for maintenance on a twice a day basis for a couple weeks.

To be fair, I've always found that pleasing everyone is a difficult task. If Cryptic released an update that let your computer spit out $10 notes people would complain that they weren't $20 notes.

Or to put it in a quote -
    You can please some of the people all of the time, and you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.
  • Options
    druga1757druga1757 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    With all the big class changes, will we be getting Respec tokens?
    This.

Looking forward to hopefully fixes to broken classes, and a respec token to go with it.
  • Options
    rck2rollrck2roll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No way to please everyone ...

My concern is the big changes to all the games mechanics. Complete re-write of ALL the classes, powers, feats, and their effects.

Just remembering that infamous "Combat Upgrade" and the "New Game Enhancement (NGE) in SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) and all ...
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let's just hope that they make it more like D&D 4e and less like whatever this it. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vold316 wrote: »
    Let's just hope that they make it more like D&D 4e and less like whatever this it. ^^

Now this is wishful thinking, I doubt such a thing can be done in the first content patch, even a major one.
    At best this could happen in an "expansion" or major overhaul announcement in a year or two from now.
    Most likely it will never happen :P
  • Options
    chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hint, TRs, you won't be wanted for DPS anymore. Get ready to play the class as it should have been designed, focusing on evasion tactics primarily. DPS gets moved to the GWF and GF for once, for reals.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    usodesu wrote: »
    that is what i said, they nerfed clerics with a fix to their self healing, so they need to rely on things like astral shields to function...

You must be the worst cleric in the game, then. I've played against plenty of tough DCs in PvP that clearly have some sort of system down. I don't know the class, but I know it's tough to play against, even a weak player, so you're doing it wrong.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    rck2roll wrote: »
    No way to please everyone ...

My concern is the big changes to all the games mechanics. Complete re-write of ALL the classes, powers, feats, and their effects.

Just remembering that infamous "Combat Upgrade" and the "New Game Enhancement (NGE) in SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) and all ...

Pretty simple to assume what they're going to do, if you base these ideas on how D&D has worked from its inception in table-top.

1. CWs will likely largely stay as is, made perhaps a little squishier because that's how wizards should be for straight-up one-on-one damage, but with some more beast spells that do killer damage. Think about getting fireball in 1st ed. HOLY ****.

2. DCs could use a little damage boost and given more viability for weapon usage. Add a little more perfection to self-healing, probably keep as-is, otherwise, reducing the way AS works a little. Haven't played this class, but I'd like to see more integration with turning, a critical skill in the old game. They also should get something special through invoke, anyone who's played 1st or 2nd ed AD&D can think about what that **** did back in the day. Calling upon a heavenly beast to attack or help your party? Yeah. Otherwise the class seems pretty solid.

3. TRs can expect a HUGE damage reduction, except for skills that apply to what the thief class always was, like backstab, or anything involving stealth. It will likely primarily become a stealth class now with some killer one-shot attacks, but not nearly the amount of DPS it's been tanking with.

4. GWFs and GFs will see an overall dps boost, that's gonna happen. And those of us who've played the classes well before this, are going to be death machines.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Someone's gonna be disappointed here.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    Someone's gonna be disappointed here.

TRs get your asses ready, time to make the class stealthy and sneaky, as it should be. Not ****ing in-your-face tanking bull****. Makes no sense.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    TRs get your asses ready, time to make the class stealthy and sneaky, as it should be. Not ****ing in-your-face tanking bull****. Makes no sense.

I'm a Guardian Fighter.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    God..I hope they didn't trash rogues for that dumbarse pvp..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

I, as a TR, will welcome more stealth and control but less DPS. We are supposed to be slick with our stealth, have some methods of controlling our target, and some good burst damage, but we shouldn't be able to sustain DPS the way we do.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kwequa wrote: »
    God..I hope they didn't trash rogues for that dumbarse pvp..

You can only wait and see, but a hunch tells me it's unlikely they'll ever take away the dps scepter away from them.
    I remember there was that dev that played the Trickster Rogue "religiously", now who was it, not Andy Valesquez, the other one with glasses and short beard. :P
This discussion has been closed.