test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Major updates on the way!

Comments

• Options
    wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We've got some great news for you! While we've been working hard to address the majority of critical bugs and exploits, we've also been working on some fun stuff based on your feedback! Throughout Open Beta, we've been listening very closely to your feedback and hope to have some updates going live very soon.

At this very moment we are putting the final touches on a build that incorporates a ton of improvements to the various systems in Neverwinter. Thanks to all the helpful feedback we've received from our community, we've got updates coming for PVP, the Queue System, the Auction House, Gateway, the user interface, and game performance. Additionally, we've got tons of fixes coming regarding quests, Dungeon Delves, and rewards.

That's not all! Every class will see big changes in regards to their mechanics. Aside from fixing many of the bugs associated with class powers, we've done a considerable amount of rebalancing across the board. Expect a high volume of changes to damage, mitigation, cooldowns, stacking, power synergies, durations, and knockbacks, interrupts, threat, bonuses, and pretty much everything else!

But, we're not there yet! After we deploy this patch, we'll still need to collect feedback to ensure that we've met our goals and performed the updates that our players have asked for the most. Once the Patch Notes go live, feel free to comment on the thread to let us know your thoughts!

Thanks again so much for your helpful feedback. We'll see you in Neverwinter! :)

~The Neverwinter Team

Will it also add new Power trees? not that its 100% needed but cant wait for that either XD

anyway still sounds nice, awaiting the patch!
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • Options
    juliano25juliano25 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The appearance of the characters will change?
    The walk will become more human or will continue Ugly?
  • Options
    vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    juliano25 wrote: »
    The appearance of the characters will change?
    The walk will become more human or will continue Ugly?

Yes I think thats the MAJOR problem of the game....
  • Options
    geoalmightygeoalmighty Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's nice! Let's see :)
  • Options
    noraveknoravek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    (not sure if already mentioned)

If the changes are that big, how about a free respect by character?
  • Options
    imperviumimpervium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Woah I missed this thread! Great news, thanks for all your hard work Cryptic. Looking forward to the changes!
    _

[SIGPIC]Captain Electric and the Sapien Spider[/SIGPIC]

"YES, PLEASE"
    Vote YES for the Foundry in Champions Online.
    @Captain-Electric | CoH/Virtue veteran | Proud new Champion
  • Options
    sunhero1990sunhero1990 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    I have a little question, if you do a big rebalance of classes you give a retraining token?
  • Options
    einzikeleinzikel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So yea... how about... you guys over there.. you like... get on to ...

like...

Releasing the **** patch already?
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    einzikel wrote: »
    So yea... how about... you guys over there.. you like... get on to ...

like...

Releasing the **** patch already?

Now, now, perhaps for the patch it's too soon.
    But surely they could release the patch NOTES. Even if not all changes are final, surely there must be something that they are 99% sure that is going in at this stage, no?
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xhiven wrote: »
    There's no way Cryptic doesn't run without internal deadlines and specific dates for these things. Besides, I'm not asking for a specific date. Just a general time frame. Thus far they've used the term "Soon" to indicate anything from a month to day to a couple of hours. Just telling us "Soon" all the time makes it completely meaningless and gets people's hopes up which leads to more frustration.

And if a major bug is discovered in internal testing and the patch is delayed 3 weeks, what then? Do you want to be the person dealing with a community of annoyed people who were expecting the patch to go live by a certain date. Their current policy of Soon may annoy you, but it's the best policy for them.

khedrak wrote: »
    Free to play game = Bots, gold farmers to sell on their sites, hackers and cheaters. Want all of that gone they would have to make it a monthly subscription based game and NOT free to play. Would be the best step forward if they did that.

By your definition either WoW is F2P or has none of those things, seeing as neither of those is true, I suspect you are wrong.

klangeddin wrote: »
    Now, now, perhaps for the patch it's too soon.
    But surely they could release the patch NOTES. Even if not all changes are final, surely there must be something that they are 99% sure that is going in at this stage, no?

If the patch includes exploit fixes then we won't see the notes until shortly before the server goes down.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    If the patch includes exploit fixes then we won't see the notes until shortly before the server goes down.[/FONT]

They don't have to write those right away, you know?
    They could always pull an "update" at the last moment where they edit the patchnotes and insert the exploit fix.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    They don't have to write those right away, you know?
    They could always pull an "update" at the last moment where they edit the patchnotes and insert the exploit fix.

Maybe, but again the no promises comes back into play. Let's say that the patch notes say "improved marking skill for GF so it no longer disappears after the GF is hit" and then a major bug is discovered with this (I.e. changes to the mechanic make the marked monster immune to damage) and the patch note is pulled, would you like to deal with the fallout from the community over that?
  • Options
    xhivenxhiven Member Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    And if a major bug is discovered in internal testing and the patch is delayed 3 weeks, what then? Do you want to be the person dealing with a community of annoyed people who were expecting the patch to go live by a certain date. Their current policy of Soon may annoy you, but it's the best policy for them.

Then they can just say that. You'd be surprised what a little honest information can do. Its certainly preferable to market speak and vague reassurances. If its a choice between telling people nothing and hoping you get it out the door before they get too mad or telling people honestly that you're doing something and are hoping to get it done at such and such barring unforeseeable consequences.

I'll take the latter, thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    xhiven wrote: »
    Then they can just say that. You'd be surprised what a little honest information can do. Its certainly preferable to market speak and vague reassurances. If its a choice between telling people nothing and hoping you get it out the door before they get too mad or telling people honestly that you're doing something and are hoping to get it done at such and such barring unforeseeable consequences.

I'll take the latter, thanks.

Believe me, it doesn't work, the boards will still be full of threads along the lines of "Where's the patch we were promised!" even if they state openly that a major bug is why they missed the "promised" release date.
  • Options
    japo1japo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    So finally GF e GWF will be released :)?
    :mad:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Maybe, but again the no promises comes back into play. Let's say that the patch notes say "improved marking skill for GF so it no longer disappears after the GF is hit" and then a major bug is discovered with this (I.e. changes to the mechanic make the marked monster immune to damage) and the patch note is pulled, would you like to deal with the fallout from the community over that?

Of course I'd like that. As long as they're transparent about it, why would I care about pulled out details from patch notes? In the end, it's what makes it to the game that counts, but the patch notes give us an idea of what they're planning to do with the game for its future development. Even if said change didn't make it because of a bug, I can reasonably expect it will make it in the future once the bug is fixed.
    Besides, any info is good info, it's not like they put patch notes and then pull out 100% of it, now that would be idiotic, something (more likely most of it, or else they could just delay the whole patch until it's fixed) is bound to make it to the released version of the patch anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Of course I'd like that. As long as they're transparent about it, why would I care about pulled out details from patch notes? In the end, it's what makes it to the game that counts, but the patch notes give us an idea of what they're planning to do with the game for its future development. Even if said change didn't make it because of a bug, I can reasonably expect it will make it in the future once the bug is fixed.
    Besides, any info is good info, it's not like they put patch notes and then pull out 100% of it, now that would be idiotic, something (more likely most of it, or else they could just delay the whole patch until it's fixed) is bound to make it to the released version of the patch anyway.

I didn't say would you like the patch, I said would you like to handle the amount of rage directed at Cryptic over that?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I didn't say would you like the patch, I said would you like to handle the amount of rage directed at Cryptic over that?

Me? I don't have to handle any of that rage lol.
    But let's suppose I worked for Cryptic as lead developer.
    I'd laugh at the internet forum nerdrage.
    I'm sure they have much more "consistent" data to look at to gauge how well their game is doing. And I seriously doubt that ANY of that is influenced by pulled out details from patchnotes.
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am really scared!
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    hallipohallipo Member Posts: 54
    edited June 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    I am really scared!
    I have never felt more confident in my responsible decision to not give a red cent to this company. LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Dont you worry now kids.....after they make all those changes to your character, you'll be able to buy yourself a nice shiny respec token to fix your broken build.
  • Options
    itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We've got some great news for you! While we've been working hard to address the majority of critical bugs and exploits, we've also been working on some fun stuff based on your feedback! Throughout Open Beta, we've been listening very closely to your feedback and hope to have some updates going live very soon.

At this very moment we are putting the final touches on a build that incorporates a ton of improvements to the various systems in Neverwinter. Thanks to all the helpful feedback we've received from our community, we've got updates coming for PVP, the Queue System, the Auction House, Gateway, the user interface, and game performance. Additionally, we've got tons of fixes coming regarding quests, Dungeon Delves, and rewards.

That's not all! Every class will see big changes in regards to their mechanics. Aside from fixing many of the bugs associated with class powers, we've done a considerable amount of rebalancing across the board. Expect a high volume of changes to damage, mitigation, cooldowns, stacking, power synergies, durations, and knockbacks, interrupts, threat, bonuses, and pretty much everything else!

But, we're not there yet! After we deploy this patch, we'll still need to collect feedback to ensure that we've met our goals and performed the updates that our players have asked for the most. Once the Patch Notes go live, feel free to comment on the thread to let us know your thoughts!

Thanks again so much for your helpful feedback. We'll see you in Neverwinter! :)

~The Neverwinter Team

I do hope these changes come with a free re-spec for EACH of our characters. But AWESOME..

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

How long will open beta last.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Me? I don't have to handle any of that rage lol.
    But let's suppose I worked for Cryptic as lead developer.
    I'd laugh at the internet forum nerdrage.
    I'm sure they have much more "consistent" data to look at to gauge how well their game is doing. And I seriously doubt that ANY of that is influenced by pulled out details from patchnotes.
    You'd be surprised. Besides, one of the basic rules of good PR is to never give more information than the public needs to hear. For every troll on the forums there's 20 people who see these posts and think "nice!"

I also personally laughed at all the usual rage in the patchnotes thread as each and every one of the typical whiners complained that they though the "unscheduled maintenance" was the big patch. As expected, lol.
  • Options
    daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Will the crashing be fixed?

That's the main reason I stopped playing; along with the celestial coin bull**** that lost me 7 days worth of coins. At a low level, that potential 140k loss hurt so much.
  • Options
    idunazidunaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    It's a major award!!
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daowace wrote: »
    Will the crashing be fixed?

That's the main reason I stopped playing; along with the celestial coin bull**** that lost me 7 days worth of coins. At a low level, that potential 140k loss hurt so much.
    "Potential 140k" is overstating it. Multiply that by coal ward % chance drop, add price of other ward times % chance, account for the chance of getting ****-all and get the real value of 7x coins. Coal ward chance is reported to be about 5%, even assuming 10% and guaranteed green ward on the rest:

140k*10%+10k*90% = 23k AD, nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

Crashing I agree with though, hope they're working on it. I don't have the issue on the current machine, but I did on another and it was mildly annoying.
  • Options
    asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pnellesen wrote: »
    * Waits for actual Patch Notes before getting too excited *

^a whole steaming pile of THIS^
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • Options
    draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    *** Crosses fingers hoping for the best! ***
  • Options
    daemonspadedaemonspade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmmm when will this be?
This discussion has been closed.