What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    kaliestiaraynekaliestiarayne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to laugh hysterically if this 'gift' for our patience is a crystaline feline mount or companion ... I mean, it does make sense...
  • Options
    baalaeronbaalaeron Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lol'd then i lol'd again
  • Options
    khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    I am seriously worried about he fact you guys seem to be ignoring the questions of people who said the exploit was going on before the 7 hour window. Please give us feedback on this.
  • Options
    ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Because the exploiters did more than affect the amount of ad they had. The affected the amount of AD other people were getting, they affected the number of AD purchased items on the market by selling them or even giving them away. Think of it like a disease. You can't just treat the symptom you have to cut out the affected tissue.

*** response to question regarding rollback of specific accounts.
  • Options
    koowikoowi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wasted my time to exp cleric from 40 to 50 lvl :/
  • Options
    wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vivinana wrote: »
    they havnt answered any of the questions that have been asked 20+ times in this thread either.

Golly, it's almost like they have something else that's really important that they're working on. Not to mention the fact that just inbetween my previous posts which were all under a paragraph, about four new pages spring up, just imagine how difficult it would be to keep up while trying to post something with more substance.
  • Options
    fragmightyfragmighty Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    only thing i know is im getting screwed out of 8-9 top tier equipment pieces from the dungeons and the delve event incliding a master assassins dagger that ive been trying to get for a month and a cat companion that i traded 6-7 rank 6 enchantments and a dancing jagged blade companion for that i really doubt i could find that same person to do the trade again... This doesnt even include the yime wasted on professions. Talking about getting bent over. Didn't even lube me up or nothing just stuck right in, not even a kiss. Anyone elses A*s hurt?

OMG, ROFL, +10 for making my day. still LOL.
  • Options
    faithles666faithles666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So NOW they are accepting the fact we've been telling them this **** has been exploited and economy has been ruined since closed beta. Just saw them confirm adding the info on twitter, well cryptic/pwe... you can burn in a fire for all I care. This title and your company are forever dead to me, going to make sure my guild and friends spit on your grave. Thanks for completely betraying your loyal supporters in way of your corporations greed.

At least Blizzard entertainment is smart enough not to **** all over it's customers. Just unbearable to see you completely ignore the issue until its WAY too late, and then " attempt " to fix it by a ****ty 7 hour rollback when the exploiters have been ruining the economy for MONTHS ?

ps. there's still 100's of accounts with ILL-GOTTEN AD and gear. Dig deeper. TRY 2 months back; You might still not get everyone of the mules. People who were a part of yesterdays market shambles and that on sat, and the weeks and months before that are being coddled, while the paying supporters suffer.... absolutely wonderful business model. You ****ed up so bad, I'm blacklisting your company and its PWE handler.
  • Options
    shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get the compensation earlier on, because if the compensation includes items that boosts exp, i'll cap again by then and it will be completely useless.
  • Options
    ssessssess Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, why is the support down? cant ask for refunds -_- page doesnt load if u press 'contact us'
  • Options
    beasleycdbeasleycd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's Open Beta, just wipe the servers its no big deal. Anyone who bought zen just credit it to there account. I'd be fine with that personal I want that to happen. I understand that ppl get attached to their chars and what not when they put so much time to them so we could just make a few new servers for players who want to start over like me self on a new server that the exploit could of never touched.
  • Options
    xxsanctuaryxxxxsanctuaryxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Golly, it's almost like they have something else that's really important that they're working on. Not to mention the fact that just inbetween my previous posts which were all under a paragraph, about four new pages spring up, just imagine how difficult it would be to keep up while trying to post something with more substance.

Someone who can reason?! PREPOSTEROUS!
  • Options
    jordanneffjordanneff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd just like to thank everyone at Cryptic for being so dedicated to getting this fixed. I'd also like to thank personally whoever is in charge of the Neverwinter twitter and facebook for constantly being around to answer questions and concerns all day and night.

A+ customer care and probably the best solution to this problem
  • Options
    repurikarepurika Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please no altars or healing potions in the magical pack of -hopefully- greatness. Please.

Oh right, and thanks for all the hard work. *THUMBSUP* Lookin' forward to playing again~
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fragmighty wrote: »
    OMG, ROFL, +10 for making my day. still LOL.

well, its the truth.. you feel that burn?
  • Options
    biggus351biggus351 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well Said. With all the QQ it's good to see.
  • Options
    akaiifsakaiifs Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Problem is that the economy on Beholder was already skewed prior to the rollback date. This rollback/band-aid won't fix the volital economy but only appear to at first glance.

Secondly, there isn't a package/gift that is going to make up for today. I would bet that it will be in the form of exp potions or the like. I don't see how that would help the rest of us who are already 60 and farming T2 and or something similar.

They should "gift" us another shard to start over fresh if we don't like what has happened or the actions taken today to supposedly fix this exploit and the damages it caused.
  • Options
    sykotikkytensykotikkyten Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here's another question to get ignored:

i was in the middle of sitting around hoping that my support ticket would get an answer for a buggy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> quest that i was on. Do you think that this will fix it?
  • Options
    quoiskyquoisky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grifting3 wrote: »
    Soo, basically all the AD and items pumped into the economy from the numerous exploits that have existed since launch will still remain in game even though it's done damage to the economy as well?

The AD exploit, the most major game breaking one for sure, that was reported soon after launch and nothing was done. Not to mention you had the exact issue in another game, has finally gotten a response. I just find it funny that only after it affected your money making cash shop that you take action. Greed is a beautiful thing isn't it?

This is correct! The market was and still is tainted in another one of their games. This wasn't something new for them to experience. What surprised me is how long the community held on for so long, putting up with it. Yes, there's botters, hackers, goldsite spammers etc... in other games as well. What bites me is that none gives a rat's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about it as long as the players keep pulling mommy and daddy's credit card out!

Just shut your game off and get it over with. Once you KNOW, not "THINK", all the issues are fixed, THEN launch it!
    In my opinion
    > Game over man! ( Beta over!) shut it off and fix it! Take the time it needs to be a game worthy of a gaming community. Right now, nothing expresses the disguss I have for the leaks that were aloud to happen since the very begining, including the ability to BUY items via real money transactions DURING a Beta! I laughed so hard that people ACTUALLY put money in a game still in beta! I mean...common man! Think!

Anyhoo,good luck with all that!(free-to-play traps are nothing but broken records! They just keep spinning around...)
  • Options
    jordanneffjordanneff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beasleycd wrote: »
    It's Open Beta, just wipe the servers its no big deal. Anyone who bought zen just credit it to there account. I'd be fine with that personal I want that to happen. I understand that ppl get attached to their chars and what not when they put so much time to them so we could just make a few new servers for players who want to start over like me self on a new server that the exploit could of never touched.

If you want to just start over then just make a new account. Simple as that.
  • Options
    neckrull3neckrull3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I started this game 2 days ago, i have no clue about what bug you talking about, but only hope i can play soon (wich i wont because i have to go to work). Now has passed about 11hours since i was logged off and cant log in (I know because of maintenance), but ewen so, i hope you will fix this permanently.
  • Options
    impishkatimpishkat Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the one hand, I have to agree with those saying "too little, too late".
    On the other hand, it's "better late than never".

I do think it's quite a black eye on Cryptic to have allowed this exploit to go unaddressed for so long. So long to the point that it took a massive influx of "new exploiters" to make it into an emergency. Bad form, guys...
  • Options
    vivinanavivinana Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jordanneff wrote: »
    I'd just like to thank everyone at Cryptic for being so dedicated to getting this fixed. I'd also like to thank personally whoever is in charge of the Neverwinter twitter and facebook for constantly being around to answer questions and concerns all day and night.

A+ customer care and probably the best solution to this problem

^PWE employee detected
  • Options
    naressenaresse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Our hope is that the majority of currency that was gained illegitimately was removed from the game.
    Ya... hope. That's an excellent thing to base game policy on. But of course that's the best you can do, because of your complete lack of proper transaction tracking and the massive dispersal of the loot from this exploit makes anything more than "hope" impossible. No acknowledgement of the fact that this exploit was NOT discovered Sunday morning, but was in fact reported multiple times throughout closed beta, and is in fact an exact copy of an exploit that also effected STO, from which 95%+ of the AH code in this game was just outright copied (and STO's AH is STILL completely unusable to this day, three YEARS after the game was released). You knew about and systematically ignored reports of this exploit LONG before Sunday morning, and you did nothing about it. People have been abusing this exploit since the day the OBT opened, and you know it, but that's OK, since they only exploited a little, right? And so you "hope" that the "majority" of the currency that was gained illegitmately was removed. Ya right. I will continue playing your game until I get bored of it (soon), but I will never, ever, ever spend another penny with your company.
  • Options
    shuugishuugi Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to laugh hysterically if this 'gift' for our patience is a crystaline feline mount or companion ... I mean, it does make sense...

my guess is 10 lv>29 identify scrolls and 5 health potions.
  • Options
    shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we have server wide xp event to compensate for the lost xp?
  • Options
    faithles666faithles666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As someone who's studied economics extensively, the damage to your in game economy is irreversible. ( to put things into perspective, when you controllably flood a market with 1 trillion or more AD, the 1-2% that is earned normally ends up being financially negligible. Many real life markets have never recovered from the same/similar situations) Don't take my word on it, just watch your stats numbers drop, in terms of players playing and # of disgruntled consumers asking for refunds/chargebacks.
  • Options
    slugormasterslugormaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am requesting a full refund. This was a total cop out fix. I spent almost $160.00, and I feel I've been ripped off. If I DO NOT get a refund, I WILL contest the charges on my credit card, as I was sold something that effectively had ZERO value. If I had KNOWN about the exploit on day 1, why in the heck would i have purchased the founders pack, or ZEN, when I could have simply EXPLOITED myself to 50M AD and purchased everything for free. This 'fix' is a total fail in my book.
  • Options
    wtfwuzatwtfwuzat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    repurika wrote: »
    Please no altars or healing potions in the magical pack of -hopefully- greatness. Please.

Oh right, and thanks for all the hard work. *THUMBSUP* Lookin' forward to playing again~

HAH! More altars!
  • Options
    ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    vinzo wrote: »
    I totally agree, yet somehow I have a feeling the corruption will not allow this to happen, no matter how much we beg, borrow and...well was going to say steal, but that doesn't seem appropriate considering the situation. lol

As someone said earlier it's for the greater good of the game. Some people are upset that they had to sacrifice those 7 hours. There are many like him. probably a good 40-50% of the server who would not like to start over. While I understand why you feel this way, you will soldier on as if nothing is different between yesterday and today because you were willing to start completely over. However, others may leave and that negatively affects the community because it affects PWEs player base and market.
This discussion has been closed.