test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• raritylolraritylol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This makes me wonder if they even monitor the game or community at all. These exploits have been going on far too long for a day rollback to do anything.

They could not possibly have any idea of what is going on in their game. I don't know what to do, this is a really fun game. Unfortunately it appears that it's in the hands of someone who does not care or even play their product. How you can associate yourself with this game and not know about these exploits is beyond me.

Guys you don't even have to care about your game or play it, just do a google search for neverwinter exploits or watch a couple streams and you would have seen this long ago. Hopefully smart people blow up the forums so you acknowledge that its been a problem for longer. Just because a day or 2 ago it became super common knowledge doesn't mean that is when it originated.

Thanks for trying now fix it, if your going to rollback do it all the way. It sucks but that's the only way to fix the issue.

PS: you should have learned when you made the same mistake in STO... please if you make another game dont do it again write a sticky note and stick it to your forehead..

PSS: if i see another post about making a new server after they already announced that they are going to consolidate all the servers into one sever anyway i'm seriously going to give up on humanity and jump out of my window into my shrubbery and get really scraped up
  • runeskaldruneskald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that getting a clean start on a new server is the way to go for the launch of live... let the exploited beta servers wither and die in there own mess. My gift later this weak can be a new start on a new server that does not have a hosed economy.
    Player of many games, Master of none...
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What about auctions that were still going as of say around.. 4 am PST?
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    effektz wrote: »
    Some people may lose things, even very valuable things that were gained during that 7 hour period, however I was expecting 24 hours minimum. This seems to be an appropriate response to everything that HAS gone on. It effects the smallest amount of people while punishing those responsible. This is perfect, I lost a nice dagger but I'm completely okay with that if it results in the economy returning to a somewhat normal state. Good job, the time spent on a fix was somewhat minimal and I appreciate it. Would've like a little more information with the updates on how things were going but overall this was a decent experience to solve the issue.

Agreed. The relatively small time to handle what amounted to a VERY large problem with the least amount of lost progress and with the semi regular updates on Twitter etc. is very good and appreciated work by the staff.
  • whit3walk3rwhit3walk3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I vote for wipe out everything, thats the only way to fix this. Plus this might help for a sooner server being up and its only BETA
  • nojo2211nojo2211 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    The overall tone of referring to us as Beta Testers multiple times is mildly offense. Don't treat us like idiots. This game is live and you are profiting from it. There is nothing wrong with that, just stop spinning everything!
  • sologrettosologretto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With all the complaining and worrying I just thought I'd say. I'm a newbie, two low level characters and my saddest part of the day is that I wasn't able to play. I'm gonna lose a few levels, but... meh... Thank you for the game and good job with everything. Please remember... most of us will vote with our clicks and I know I'll be one of the many people voting to keep playing once it's back up. :-)
  • combatcascombatcas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to know if there is any way to notify guilds of members being banned or punished for the exploits. Many of us have much larger organizations outside of the game where this would be important information to have.
  • zaynderazayndera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    After this AD/AH exploit and all of the other exploits (GF/CW damage, etc. etc.), and with the caveat that they will NEVER be opening a new shard with a fresh economy but merging all shards instead, I have NO INTEREST IN A "GIFT PACK". I want a FULL REFUND and will be submitting a ticket as well as initiating chargebacks if necessary. This game is pre-release / open beta testing and not release / launch / live, so this will be extremely easy! I'm no longer interested in playing when it "releases".
    "Rock is overpowered, but paper is perfect!" -- Scissors
    Swordmage.jpg
    Gayme 0n - An LGBT-ally Gayming Community
  • cioclodel12341cioclodel12341 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is awesome news.

My friend who exploited this since day 2 of open beta can keep his 2.3 billion AD and keep selling it to the gold-farming sites.

He already made $8700 :D
  • shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    give us a 110% move speed mount lol
  • greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this 7 hour rollback isn't enough, aren't there any other options besides rollbacks? From my take, the only way to inject ZEN into the game economy is by buying it with real money, right? All the ZEN hoarded by the exploiters is part of this originally lawfully bought ZEN, so banning these accounts will actually drive the zen prices further up (since there will be less ZEN on the market). Now they only have to come up with a way to bleed the excess AD out of the market (and conduct a witch hunt on any account that received ZEN and or AD from the tagged exploiters accounts). It may take some time, but it would end up fixing the economy without further rollbacks.

Um... the legally-bought Zen will be refunded to the legit owners, thus solving the problem you're describing. And they've tracked the exploiters & their AD, and are working on removing all excess AD from the economy. Did you not read the post?
  • roentsroents Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nojo2211 wrote: »
    The overall tone of referring to us as Beta Testers multiple times is mildly offense. Don't treat us like idiots. This game is live and you are profiting from it. There is nothing wrong with that, just stop spinning everything!

If they want to play the open beta card this way, why would they NOT wipe the shards and start clean?
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is ridiculous, taking us like garbadge....

Here is PW answer:

We think that maby the server was, who knows, inflated with a weird way of getting AD, so in this case, maby we will ban all player that have used this so called exploit. Since we made lotta money in the past 24 hours, we will reroll only the last 7 hours as those hours were slow on sales and it might let our player base to think that the problem is fixed... We shouldn't tell them that this issue have been here for more than 4 day because obviously the bug didnt appear 7 hours ago as their had no update at that time. But since 90% of our player base are just walking wallet that dont realy think about obvious stuff, well just go like this.. thanks everyone and by the way, we might have suprise by friday and release a new mount that you will be able to buy for the small amount of 39.99$
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• stocklorestocklore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems to me its a damage control effort like spin control on not saying anything that has being going on for weeks and just talking about today to keep everyone from freaking out i do hope that is not the case tho
  • ufoalienufoalien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for FIXING any exploits....!!!!!!! **** you exploiters!!!!!!! And thanks in Advance for the Thank You Pack :(
    Hold on people, patience, we want a stable game without exploits!
  • shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is awesome news.

My friend who exploited this since day 2 of open beta can keep his 2.3 billion AD and keep selling it to the gold-farming sites.

way to backstab a friend lol
  • fattynicksfattynicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cyrsia wrote: »
    I hope the gift will be an experience push, reached lvl 60 yesterday, this will push me 6-10 lvls back :((

You got from level 54 to 60 in a span of 7 hours? Way to point out you were exploiting leveling.
  • rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    So how will they be removed? Do you think they just sat on that currency? They didn't buy zen or items from people?
    well yeah .....dont you know they are not smart enough to make mules,sell to 3rd party sites,buy other people things,trade between mulitple accounts so its harder to trace ....oh no ...they sat on it
  • abelcoeurdacierabelcoeurdacier Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From what i have read the auction bug was known since star trek online.U know ppl have exploit since start of open beta ,and u want give only a rollback?

How can we assurate u will ban and delete exploiter account ,cheating since 1 month.We will have no evidence it 's do.
    We see a lot of spam on chat game and in mail ,but despite report spam continu again and again.
    I play pvp a lot and classes need to be balanced but if exploiter are full +9 runes it wil be difficult to challenge that.

I think if ppl like the game they will understand we need a full server wipe to have clean base.

Anyway that thread was created to give answers and i see nothing of that. I think u have already taken your decision and we have nothing to say.
  • greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is awesome news.

Except his account is banned, since ALL exploiters were tracked.
    He can also be charged with a variety of felonies. Hope your "friend" doesn't mind spending time in court!
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    As someone who's studied economics extensively, the damage to your in game economy is irreversible. ( to put things into perspective, when you controllably flood a market with 1 trillion or more AD, the 1-2% that is earned normally ends up being financially negligible. Many real life markets have never recovered from the same/similar situations) Don't take my word on it, just watch your stats numbers drop, in terms of players playing and # of disgruntled consumers asking for refunds/chargebacks.
    Stop trying to bring reality into a world that can basically roll back time. If you can wipe out the event that caused the collapse you can take measures to ensure it doesn't happen. Take the housing bubble for instance. If we went back and did not allow china to provide the loans to our country to bolster the housing during the baby boom era our housing market would have remained smaller but stabler. Essentially cutting out the extreme influx of AD will simply leave us feeling the affect of someone purchasing goods from out of the country... before the exploit was publicized it was a few people who bought stuff at a normal market price from everyone and now their accounts are banned so they gained nothing and a few people got AD for the stuff they were selling anyhow.
  • edgenwedgenw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is awesome news.

After hearing how customer support kept "losing" all the tickets submissions that attempted to warn the developers about this exploit, I'm starting to wonder who else has been making a lot of real money on the side by <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all of us over.
  • zaynderazayndera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This is awesome news.

Exactly, this wasn't a BUG THAT PEOPLE FOUND SUNDAY MORNING!!! We report this bug in CLOSED BETA, and they did **** ABOUT IT until it EXPLODED IN THEIR COLLECTIVE FACE!!! RIDICULOUS!
    "Rock is overpowered, but paper is perfect!" -- Scissors
    Swordmage.jpg
    Gayme 0n - An LGBT-ally Gayming Community
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have put in a request for Full Refund to PWE. If they do not give me a full refund because of the exploited trashed economy and state of this so called game I will contest the charges with my CC company. $250.00 for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and if you want to take my lifetime STO account also go right ahead. $450.00 down the drain all together. I can promise you this I will never again spend one dime in any of your games.

You have failed your paying customers that wanted to support this game and let the exploiters thumb their noses at all of us legit players.
  • lilibatlilibat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what happens if a legitimate player sold something on the AH to an exploiter? Are they just SOL?
  • jeallejealle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A friend of mine got a t1 helm drop he was after for completing a armor set for his gf the stalwart set, this seems to be in the time said that was gonna be rolled back, what happens to those that have, gotten drops in that time frame that they have been after?
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    if it happened during that 7 hours they are.
  • stonew00tstonew00t Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OH MY GOD i wish the pack came with 1 extra carricter slot! that would rock!
  • roentsroents Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sologretto wrote: »
    With all the complaining and worrying I just thought I'd say. I'm a newbie, two low level characters and my saddest part of the day is that I wasn't able to play. I'm gonna lose a few levels, but... meh... Thank you for the game and good job with everything. Please remember... most of us will vote with our clicks and I know I'll be one of the many people voting to keep playing once it's back up. :-)

Having a thrashed economy due to multiple exploits during "open beta" is not my idea of a good time.
This discussion has been closed.