What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Wild Hunt - Late Night Heavy Roleplay Guild

Comments

• Options
    spectralhuntspectralhunt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And another bump. Oh Bjeorngar, I updated our story.
  • Options
    rackhamgreg74rackhamgreg74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    *walks by and notices the thread sitting on the floor*

"Hrm, who left this here?"

*picks the thread up and places it back on the shelf.*

"There, much better!"
    rackham_dane_stag_zps4f4c6695.jpg
  • Options
    eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *walks by and notices the thread sitting on the floor*

"Hrm, who left this here?"

*picks the thread up and places it back on the shelf.*

"There, much better!"

Hey! Who put the thread up on the shelf?

*Knocks it back onto the floor.*
    Try my missions:
    A Small Dwarvish Grudge: NW-DUI8A8I7R
    The Brink of Disaster: NW-DFDJKW9QF (Still in beta)

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Hey! Who put the thread up on the shelf?

*Knocks it back onto the floor.*

*sighs*

I bet it was one of those dwarves or that drow that did this.

*returns thread back on shelf*
  • Options
    eulerdmoogleeulerdmoogle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *sighs*

I bet it was one of those dwarves or that drow that did this.

*returns thread back on shelf*

Oh geez, not again.

*pulls the thread back onto the floor, puts a small sack of coal on top of it.*

There. Now ye'll stay put.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oh geez, not again.

*pulls the thread back onto the floor, puts a small sack of coal on top of it.*

There. Now ye'll stay put.

What the?!?

*tosses aside the sack and returns the thread back on the shelf*

Hmmm...

*with a wicked grin hides a couple of mouse traps around the thread*

There. Now let's see if we catch a mouse.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    What the?!?

*tosses aside the sack and returns the thread back on the shelf*

Hmmm...

*with a wicked grin hides a couple of mouse traps around the thread*

There. Now let's see if we catch a mouse.

*sigh* Here we go again.

*Grabs the thread.* *SNAP!*

Anskotans doni! What stupid son of a diseased goblin put that there?

*Puts thread on the floor, moves thread into a corner, puts a sturdy box of iron billets on top of it, puts the sack of coal on the billets.*

Now stay there!
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    rackhamgreg74rackhamgreg74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    *sigh* Here we go again.

*Grabs the thread.* *SNAP!*

Anskotans doni! What stupid son of a diseased goblin put that there?

*Puts thread on the floor, moves thread into a corner, puts a sturdy box of iron billets on top of it, puts the sack of coal on the billets.*

Now stay there!

*Rackham walks into the room with an iron needle in one hand. On his tunic is a jagged tear, possibly from the evening filled with adventure, stealthy battle, and a few coin purses purloined. He looks to the now vacant shelf, a small dust-free spot is the only evidence left behind of the now missing thread.*

"Kelian!" Rackham calls back from the noisy room he entered from, "Looks like we got's some rats! Stinkin' vermin took our thread!"

* The halfling dropped down to his hands and knees, his eyes squinting to look for droppings or the patter of tiny feet left in the dust.*

"Now where ya be, you little stinkers?"

*Rackham scuttled about the floor only to bump his head on the heavy wooden chest of billets with the bag of coal sitting on top.*

"Moradin's hairy mother!" Rackham cursed, "that's not where I left you."

*After a small coughing fit pushing aside the bag of coal, Rackham heaved the heavy crate (or at least shoved it a few inches) to reveal the thread lying on the floor.*

"Aha! There you be, you pretty thing!"

*Picking up the thread, Rackham proceeded to mend the tear of his tunic with very nimble fingers.*

*A few moments later, he places the thread back on the shelf. With a sly grin, the halfling suddenly thought up a cunning ploy.*

"Let us see just how big a rat this is that seeks our thread for it's nest!"

*Ducking into a nearby cabinet (of course he can fit!), the halfling draws a slender dagger ready to pounce at the sound of squeaks or scurrying.*

((OOC))
    Don't forget to check out our website if you're interested in joining our merry late night band!
    http://thewildhunt.enjin.com

Excelsior!
  • Options
    jezyraejezyrae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    This guild looks promising although my schedule is not necessarily late night. My schedule varies week to week based upon work and family. I am a casual player and can usually invest 10-20 hours a week.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jezyrae wrote: »
    This guild looks promising although my schedule is not necessarily late night. My schedule varies week to week based upon work and family. I am a casual player and can usually invest 10-20 hours a week.

I'm not an officer so I can't speak for the guild, but I doubt a variable schedule is a problem. My schedule is also highly variable so you'll definitely see me playing outside of normal guild hours. =(^_^)=
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I don't think a varied schedule would be a problem Jezyrae as most of us have our own real lives and responsibilities to juggle.
    When we say late-night, we're mainly referring to when you can expect guild meetings or events to occur. If you think you think a guild event being offered around 8 or 9 pm PST isn't too late, then you'll be more than a good fit.

Cheers!

Edit: still waiting in the cabinet for that "rat"! ;)
  • Options
    rahama2forumrahama2forum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 57
    edited April 2013
    Might sound stupid but what does DC15/25/35 etc mean? Thanks
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Might sound stupid but what does DC15/25/35 etc mean? Thanks

Difficulty Class. It's a pen and paper D&D joke. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/usingSkills.htm
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    *Rackham walks into the room with an iron needle in one hand. On his tunic is a jagged tear, possibly from the evening filled with adventure, stealthy battle, and a few coin purses purloined. He looks to the now vacant shelf, a small dust-free spot is the only evidence left behind of the now missing thread.*

"Kelian!" Rackham calls back from the noisy room he entered from, "Looks like we got's some rats! Stinkin' vermin took our thread!"

* The halfling dropped down to his hands and knees, his eyes squinting to look for droppings or the patter of tiny feet left in the dust.*

"Now where ya be, you little stinkers?"

*Rackham scuttled about the floor only to bump his head on the heavy wooden chest of billets with the bag of coal sitting on top.*

"Moradin's hairy mother!" Rackham cursed, "that's not where I left you."

*After a small coughing fit pushing aside the bag of coal, Rackham heaved the heavy crate (or at least shoved it a few inches) to reveal the thread lying on the floor.*

"Aha! There you be, you pretty thing!"

*Picking up the thread, Rackham proceeded to mend the tear of his tunic with very nimble fingers.*

*A few moments later, he places the thread back on the shelf. With a sly grin, the halfling suddenly thought up a cunning ploy.*

"Let us see just how big a rat this is that seeks our thread for it's nest!"

*Ducking into a nearby cabinet (of course he can fit!), the halfling draws a slender dagger ready to pounce at the sound of squeaks or scurrying.*

*Comes in carrying a huge box of tools, trophies, trinkets, and ledgers. He begins to put the stuff on the shelf.*

By my beard, not again!

*Begins to reach out to the thread, but then thinks better of it and and leaves the room brief only to return wearing metal gauntlets. He grabs the thread.....* ((Your move, halfling))
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    *Comes in carrying a huge box of tools, trophies, trinkets, and ledgers. He begins to put the stuff on the shelf.*

By my beard, not again!

*Begins to reach out to the thread, but then thinks better of it and and leaves the room brief only to return wearing metal gauntlets. He grabs the thread.....* ((Your move, halfling))

*Crouched in the closet, Rackham listens intently for any sound of the "rat". After some moments, he hears something enter the room, then a soft thud and some grumbling noise.*

"Must be a huge rat!" Rackham thinks to himself.

Rackham shoves out of the cabinet in a tight ball, rolling across the floor in an effort to stop on his feet just a few feet from the shelf. Unfortunately the halfling wasn't expecting to see a sturdy dwarf where a rat should be. Rackham crashes into a thick, stocky frame, the halfling's nose crunches painfully against something metal.

"Yeouch!" Rackham mutters rubbing his sore nose, "Not the big rat I was expecting!"

He looks up bleary eyed to see a dwarf towering over him. At least "towering" in the sense that Rackham is now sitting on the floor in pain.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    *Crouched in the closet, Rackham listens intently for any sound of the "rat". After some moments, he hears something enter the room, then a soft thud and some grumbling noise.*

"Must be a huge rat!" Rackham thinks to himself.

Rackham shoves out of the cabinet in a tight ball, rolling across the floor in an effort to stop on his feet just a few feet from the shelf. Unfortunately the halfling wasn't expecting to see a sturdy dwarf where a rat should be. Rackham crashes into a thick, stocky frame, the halfling's nose crunches painfully against something metal.

"Yeouch!" Rackham mutters rubbing his sore nose, "Not the big rat I was expecting!"

He looks up bleary eyed to see a dwarf towering over him. At least "towering" in the sense that Rackham is now sitting on the floor in pain.

Oy! Watch where youz going. *beat* Did ya just come out of the closet? No, no, I don't want to know why. I never understood the traditions of ya sly folk. Your probably being a fire hazard or something. Here, hold this.

*Attempts to hand Rackman the thread*
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jezyrae wrote: »

To those who were still wondering, yes the member responses to this was correct. Events will take place within the late night schedule but that doesn't mean every member will be offline outside those hours. I'm quite certain the guild will be active most early nights and all weekend. Individual roleplay and grouping will happen whenever members are willing. Only guild events and guild wide stories will take place late nights.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    We welcomed a new member recently. If you are a late night roleplayer who wants a small casual relaxing guild, we will be happy to have you join our little group of misfits.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    My favorite place to rp is actually in dungeons. Having an in-character group chat adds an extra dimension to the event turning a good run into an awesome run.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    My favorite place to rp is actually in dungeons. Having an in-character group chat adds an extra dimension to the event turning a good run into an awesome run.

Totally agree. There's already an atmosphere in the dungeons Cryptic have created. Makes total sense to run some as an IC group and take our time through them.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Oy! Watch where youz going. *beat* Did ya just come out of the closet? No, no, I don't want to know why. I never understood the traditions of ya sly folk. Your probably being a fire hazard or something. Here, hold this.

*Attempts to hand Rackman the thread*

*Rackham covers his face with his arms as the dwarf tries to give him a good knock on the head.*

"Get off it, dwarf!" the halfling shouted, "I was just trying to catch a big ol' rat that's been taking my thread!"

*The halfling chuckled with embarrassment when he saw the dwarf hold out the thread.*

"Ah, so YOU'RE the rat!" Rackham replied then muttered, "guess that explains the smell..."

*Getting up off the floor, the halfling grabs the thread and places it back on the shelf.*

"You never know when you're going to need some decent thread so I like to know where to find some always."
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will be looking for you guys this beta weekend. This sounds like a promising bunch if a little vertically challenged! Needs more womens too. I can fix both of these! My downside is... I am a total **** to the lore (oh wow newb got bleeped out... hah)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    pizzamurai wrote: »
    I will be looking for you guys this beta weekend. This sounds like a promising bunch if a little vertically challenged! Needs more womens too. I can fix both of these! My downside is... I am a total **** to the lore (oh wow newb got bleeped out... hah)

I'm very much new to the lore myself, but I'm getting the hang of it. Which reminds me... Has anyone seen Mayor Soman Galt anywhere in Protector's Enclave? I'm not going to spoil it if you don't know, but he's an .... interesting character.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    *Rackham covers his face with his arms as the dwarf tries to give him a good knock on the head.*

"Get off it, dwarf!" the halfling shouted, "I was just trying to catch a big ol' rat that's been taking my thread!"

*The halfling chuckled with embarrassment when he saw the dwarf hold out the thread.*

"Ah, so YOU'RE the rat!" Rackham replied then muttered, "guess that explains the smell..."

*Getting up off the floor, the halfling grabs the thread and places it back on the shelf.*

"You never know when you're going to need some decent thread so I like to know where to find some always."

*Pushes the thread to a corner of the shelf and starts putting his tools and trinkets on the shelf.*

So why do ya care about the thread, sly one? Trying ta keep people in stitches? Or just worried about going thread bare?
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm very much new to the lore myself, but I'm getting the hang of it. Which reminds me... Has anyone seen Mayor Soman Galt anywhere in Protector's Enclave? I'm not going to spoil it if you don't know, but he's an .... interesting character.
    If it's not too much to ask, where are you learning your lore from? Books? Some sort of 4th edition wiki? Beta weekends? I plan to use the next beta weekend mostly for character background development (and, of course, to try out the game ^_^; ). I noticed your story on the forums (which I -really- loved reading by the way) and you seemed to have a very firm grasp on things, from my outside perspective.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    If it's not too much to ask, where are you learning your lore from? Books? Some sort of 4th edition wiki? Beta weekends? I plan to use the next beta weekend mostly for character background development (and, of course, to try out the game ^_^; ). I noticed your story on the forums (which I -really- loved reading by the way) and you seemed to have a very firm grasp on things, from my outside perspective.

There is a Forgotten Realms wiki although it is somewhat lacking in the 4th Ed department. But for those unfamiliar with the world, it's a good place to learn basic stuff regarding Faerun (the continent where most of the stories play out). Of course, you could also get the 4th Edition Forgotten Realms campaign guide or the player guide but it'll cost you around $30 I think.

I've just started reading the Neverwinter series by R.A. Salvatore but if you haven't been following Drizzt or are unfamiliar with the world, you will probably not understand all the references and backgrounds of the characters.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Between my RL friends and I we have a rather large collection of RPG books, many of dating back to the 80s so I started asking around and borrowed a few books. I've currently got the 4e FR players guide, campaign guide, and Neverwinter books on my desk plus a couple of 3e ones. Mind you I'm not saying I'm a good roleplayer, I've met some scary good ones in my time, but I can hold my own in most groups.
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    There is a Forgotten Realms wiki although it is somewhat lacking in the 4th Ed department. But for those unfamiliar with the world, it's a good place to learn basic stuff regarding Faerun (the continent where most of the stories play out). Of course, you could also get the 4th Edition Forgotten Realms campaign guide or the player guide but it'll cost you around $30 I think.

I've just started reading the Neverwinter series by R.A. Salvatore but if you haven't been following Drizzt or are unfamiliar with the world, you will probably not understand all the references and backgrounds of the characters.

I've never read any of R.A. Salvatore's books, mostly because outside of the first couple I've heard nothing but bad things about them. Are the Neverwinter books any good?
    Try my missions:

thorlief_banner_1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I've never read any of R.A. Salvatore's books, mostly because outside of the first couple I've heard nothing but bad things about them. Are the Neverwinter books any good?

They are decent if you are familiar with Drizzt and all the supporting characters from his books. Otherwise you might feel a bit lost. The best is the first, The Crystal Shard. It's probably because it focused more on the other characters and a bit less on Drizzt.
  • Options
    jezyraejezyrae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    Walks in and studies the room, a shelf on the far wall catches her attention. She notices a bunch of trinkets and tools scattered upon the shelf and picks up a mysterious implement for analysis. As she gingerly handles the instrument, a faint twinkle catches her eye.

"Oh... something SHINY,!" she says excitedly.

She replaces the tool back on the shelf, and makes her way towards the corner. As she get closer, she recognizes the item as a thread. She picks up the thread and immediately considers using it in one of her crafts.

"Such a fine thread, this is, indeed," she declares as her green eyes show signs of deep thought. "This thread is only worthy of the finest purpose," she says as she lifts the thread to the light. "What shall we make of it?"