test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So NOW they are accepting the fact we've been telling them this **** has been exploited and economy has been ruined since closed beta. Just saw them confirm adding the info on twitter, well cryptic/pwe... you can burn in a fire for all I care. This title and your company are forever dead to me, going to make sure my guild and friends spit on your grave. Thanks for completely betraying your loyal supporters in way of your corporations greed.

At least Blizzard entertainment is smart enough not to **** all over it's customers. Just unbearable to see you completely ignore the issue until its WAY too late, and then " attempt " to fix it by a ****ty 7 hour rollback when the exploiters have been ruining the economy for MONTHS ?

ps. there's still 100's of accounts with ILL-GOTTEN AD and gear. Dig deeper. TRY 2 months back; You might still not get everyone of the mules. People who were a part of yesterdays market shambles and that on sat, and the weeks and months before that are being coddled, while the paying supporters suffer.... absolutely wonderful business model. You ****ed up so bad, I'm blacklisting your company and its PWE handler.
    You realise the game has been out for less than a month right? Hyperbole FTL...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • shomatsushomatsu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vinzo wrote: »
    What a joke. This is not good enough. I want a complete wipe from the beginning, all zen purchased from beginning refunded, and all of my guardian package reset including AD. I don't care about having to create and level new characters, at least I will know it will be in a game that does not have a broken economy.

/agree 100%. A roll back of hours does not solve an exploit of weeks.
  • divenitydivenity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What will be in that thank-you gift I wonder...
  • jackayjackay Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    epic mount please and thanks for the updates!
  • ctdummy80ctdummy80 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    So NOW they are accepting the fact we've been telling them this **** has been exploited and economy has been ruined since closed beta. Just saw them confirm adding the info on twitter, well cryptic/pwe... you can burn in a fire for all I care. This title and your company are forever dead to me, going to make sure my guild and friends spit on your grave. Thanks for completely betraying your loyal supporters in way of your corporations greed.

At least Blizzard entertainment is smart enough not to **** all over it's customers. Just unbearable to see you completely ignore the issue until its WAY too late, and then " attempt " to fix it by a ****ty 7 hour rollback when the exploiters have been ruining the economy for MONTHS ?

ps. there's still 100's of accounts with ILL-GOTTEN AD and gear. Dig deeper. TRY 2 months back; You might still not get everyone of the mules. People who were a part of yesterdays market shambles and that on sat, and the weeks and months before that are being coddled, while the paying supporters suffer.... absolutely wonderful business model. You ****ed up so bad, I'm blacklisting your company and its PWE handler.

I think you need a timeout. Take a chill pill. Just because they don't roll back beyond that time frame doesn't mean those accounts don't get banned and their ill gotten gains removed from the economy.
  • vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q: What happens to our Auction House posts? Please don't tell me you're wiping the Auction House.
  • minickyminicky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't part of this exploitation but i'm ok with rollbacks. I hope you guys fix this very soon. really excited to play and farm again all of my purples. Thanks and more power!
  • ktulu70ktulu70 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have put tickets in as well that have not been resolved:

1. 2 backpack slots being take by Order of Blue Fire talismans that I can not destroy.
    2. the dungeon queues are dismally unbalanced, need a more advanced role selection queue for adequate random play
    3. Upon leaving PvP, game crashed and upon re-entry into game, could not leave party until unresponsive team mate disconnected, and I was able to kick him, but this wasted like 25 min of Arena PvP bonus, or ability to join any queue.
    4. Contact GM tab is very vague, and for specific problems like the previous "stuck" in party problem, there is no clear way to directly contact a GM..

I guess these are the only concerns that I have about future play in this format, so hopefully these situations will be addressed at a later date... thx
  • xxsanctuaryxxxxsanctuaryxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am requesting a full refund. This was a total cop out fix. I spent almost $160.00, and I feel I've been ripped off. If I DO NOT get a refund, I WILL contest the charges on my credit card, as I was sold something that effectively had ZERO value. If I had KNOWN about the exploit on day 1, why in the heck would i have purchased the founders pack, or ZEN, when I could have simply EXPLOITED myself to 50M AD and purchased everything for free. This 'fix' is a total fail in my book.

...Why would you spend $160.00 on a game?
  • surfyxsurfyx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats probably the best way to handle it. but fuark, ive practically played non-stop since then and gained sooo much. If i lose too much or if this package isnt worth it, im probably just going to quit.
  • lothientearlothientear Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this 7 hour rollback isn't enough, aren't there any other options besides rollbacks? From my take, the only way to inject ZEN into the game economy is by buying it with real money, right? All the ZEN hoarded by the exploiters is part of this originally lawfully bought ZEN, so banning these accounts will actually drive the zen prices further up (since there will be less ZEN on the market). Now they only have to come up with a way to bleed the excess AD out of the market (and conduct a witch hunt on any account that received ZEN and or AD from the tagged exploiters accounts). It may take some time, but it would end up fixing the economy without further rollbacks.
  • rustedheartzrustedheartz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    divenity wrote: »

A cat in a bag.

That would be hilarious ... :P
  • cyrsiacyrsia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope the gift will be an experience push, reached lvl 60 yesterday, this will push me 6-10 lvls back :((
  • arcademasterarcademaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please tell us that you can track the individuals who have been doing this for weeks already and can remove them and their illigitimate AD from the economy too.

Otherwise this is just a drop in the ocean.
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013

More disappointment.
  • vivinanavivinana Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    You realise the game has been out for less than a month right? Hyperbole FTL...

the bug existed in closed beta...

...closed betas were around for longer than a month.

stupidty FTL
  • rajanixisarajanixisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 87
    edited May 2013
    t3abagg3d wrote: »
    i claimed a founders pack today on my 3rd build...which was a lvl 10 drow GF at the time of crash...since i already claimed those items what will happen to them? :(
    If it happned after 5:20Am PDT it should be as if claiming it never happened.
    sirjesto wrote: »
    I bought a Guardian Pack after 5:20 AM. What happens?
    Should still be there, but unclaimed.
    alicedesu wrote: »
    What about characters created in the time span of the roll back?
    Not there anymore
    naldo14 wrote: »
    Any of u know a time converter cause im from asia i want to identify what time is 5:20 AM PDT
    PDT is UTC -7 (PDT is Pacific Daylight [Savings] Time, PST would be UTC -8)
    stonew00t wrote: »
    ... if they dont do IP bans they will just come back and cause trouble.. gold sellers should get IP ban also.. would make life easy.. and the list of fake proxy's are out there online add them to the auto ban list lol. i am SO sick of gold sellers we need to band together to fight them!
    IP bans, except in a few limited instances, aren't much of a solution now days.

Heck, they weren't even that great back in the AOL days.
    Pacific Time is UTC -8 for those of you trying to convert time.
    Pacific Standard. But currently (and the announcement specifies) we are in PDT - Daylight Savings. So UTC-7
    -Rajani Isa
  • evilmasta1evilmasta1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't be greedy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The artist formally known on the forums as @CapsLockRAGE
  • drakumusdrakumus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when exactly will the servers be up?
  • vinchonctvinchonct Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am requesting a full refund. This was a total cop out fix. I spent almost $160.00, and I feel I've been ripped off. If I DO NOT get a refund, I WILL contest the charges on my credit card, as I was sold something that effectively had ZERO value. If I had KNOWN about the exploit on day 1, why in the heck would i have purchased the founders pack, or ZEN, when I could have simply EXPLOITED myself to 50M AD and purchased everything for free. This 'fix' is a total fail in my book.
    It's always interesting for me to see how people can waste such large amounts of money on free to play games. One other person said he spent around $400 or so.
  • blizzardof72blizzardof72 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2013
    genryu20 wrote: »
    Thats total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as fixed polls mean nothing lol. Also any polls done are not done with every single person that plays this game

yet if you look at the majority of the responses its for a wipe,,the ones against it are the exploiters
  • ktulu70ktulu70 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any time frame to when the servers will be open again ?
  • roentsroents Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vinzo wrote: »
    What a joke. This is not good enough. I want a complete wipe from the beginning, all zen purchased from beginning refunded, and all of my guardian package reset including AD. I don't care about having to create and level new characters, at least I will know it will be in a game that does not have a broken economy.

With 4 non foundry abused 60s, I 100% agree with this.
  • soulemergingsoulemerging Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone know if Access to FOUNDRY is an option?

I read that FOUNDRY has not been effected by this-is it Tied that deep to the servers? maybe say as long as it's a quest that's yet to be published or new ones we could work on? Throwing ideas idk but I will wait however long it takes to get my..Fix (no pun intended) ;
  • umbravenatorumbravenator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, that means I will lose the 2 pieces of T3 gear I won in that time frame and a handful of drake seals :(

But on the bright side I will have all the health potions and repair kits I used to get those pieces of gear :eek:

I am going to remain tight lipped about my true feelings in all of this - but my rose colored glasses are indeed off...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please tell us that you can track the individuals who have been doing this for weeks already and can remove them and their illigitimate AD from the economy too.

Otherwise this is just a drop in the ocean.

The first post is updated even as we speak (and discussed, such as exploits that happened before the 7-hr)
  • d3ward3war Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Interesting information about the Celestial Coins but not exactly fair, if you're asking someone to log in regularly and pray every single day for 100 days straight, to not hold up your end of the bargain to keep the servers up. I personally was only a week in, so no big deal for me right now, but what about 3 months from now when people have 50 or 60 coins laying around?

Edit: It turns out I have a complete misunderstanding on how Ardent coins work, I thought they were lost when you didn't pray as well. Guess the in-game explanation on these could use a clarification, and never mind my whining.
  • gottneverwintergottneverwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ctdummy80 wrote: »
    I think you need a timeout. Take a chill pill. Just because they don't roll back beyond that time frame doesn't mean those accounts don't get banned and their ill gotten gains removed from the economy.

So how will they be removed? Do you think they just sat on that currency? They didn't buy zen or items from people?
  • bruggzybruggzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quit stringing us along and give us a bloody time that servers will be back up.

The announcement stated "Following an extensive QA check, Neverwinter will begin again later this evening, with servers open for play before midnight Pacific Time. We hope to have them available sooner, and will continue to post updates on the forums and other channels. " ....

Well here we are, midnight PST and servers are still not up. You constant updates mislead us into thinking **** would be fixed soon. I am sure I am not the only one who has been eagerly anticipating server back up time. Now we were given a time, and you can't even stick to that. Unreal.
  • fattynicksfattynicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Probably a bunch of worthless junk. Maybe some cosmetic items or some cheesy things we can acquire through normal in-game means. They certainly won't be giving everyone Zen or AD or items you can only buy with Zen.
This discussion has been closed.