Install Arc
Options

FAQ - AD/AH Exploit Follow-Up

Comments

• Options
    sydeswypesydeswype Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elyveria wrote: »
    cool. <3 it. my friend did this > 3 days back. i hope his stuff are still intact lol. 500mil AD. as much as i can spend. thanks pwe. gd choice with the mini rollback. put those **** upstarts back in their place. we of the old blood must not be made to look like commoners.

Not sure about the truth to this but this is why a wipe was needed....thanks a lot Cryptic, glad I'm not buying into this game...
  • Options
    smrtstnsmrtstn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adabisi wrote: »
    So someone mentioned negative prices in the AH...I wondered why there were negative numbers......As a matter of frankly speaking I have seen those negative numbers since day 1 of playing and I have been playing since before launch with the several day head start....

I am a mad crafter and am on the Ah more then in adventures it seems.....I guess i am lucky I did not have thw wits to try and buy a negative item or I would be banned too:P

No idea what the exploit was anyways ....

From what ive gathered (I could be wrong). the exploiters would go to the Gateway site, and be able to bid negative. that in turn refunded them the amount that they bid

So say something was up for 100AD. they would bid -10000000 and end up with 10000100.

weird i know lol. Sadly though its gone on since day 1 of open beta, and this roolback didnt go nearly far enough back from when it was made public.
  • Options
    wizzinwizardwizzinwizard Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm really really disappointed so far in this thread. Two questions, ones that aren't even that needing of an answer immediately, were answered. And that's it so far. The really pertinent, important, big questions are just being ignored. Why.

Probably because their efforts are going into fixing things.
  • Options
    cyrclecyrcle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eggylisk99 wrote: »
    What's with all the posts saying 7/8 hour rollback? How is 11pm PDT reverted to 5am PDT = 7/8 hours?

Server went down at 12:15PM PST, 12-5=7.
  • Options
    vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ban all these accounts, we dont want exploiters in the game
  • Options
    remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome I was worried that some of the people freaking out would cause cryptic to do a full wipe.
  • Options
    raritylolraritylol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A new server won't help in the end they've already explained that they plan on merging them all so whats the point?
  • Options
    denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good.

Now it's time for a bind on pickup tier 3 equipment.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • Options
    dangwozesidangwozesi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I earn 200 bucks an hour. Are you able to compensate $1400 worth of items? I'd give you some discount, just give me a hero pack will do :)
  • Options
    rrcivilrrcivil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this seems like a pretty extreme situation to deal with. Thanks for your hard work
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sad because of all the progression I made with my TR and it seems to be lost, but I fully appreciate your efforts in not giving into the panic of the masses and giving us a chance to keep our characters, Cryptic. You have my thanks.

Hopefully this exploit issue has made most of the griefers arise to the public eye and most are permabanned now. :)
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    aanuunaanuun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vivinana wrote: »
    so we dont get a full wipe.
    ok.
    fine.
    whatever.

can we have a new server that wasnt affected by the exploit?
    i dont care at all if it means re-rolling. leveling isnt that hard. judging by the number of people posting about wanting a wipe i think it's safe to say a lot of others wont mind re-rolling either.

CAN WE HAVE A NEW SERVER PLEASE?

I'd like a whipe, and all my money back. And then when its safe to spend my money, without it being turned into some horrifically inflated failed African State currency, then I can choose to spend it. Had I known about this exploit (I wasn't in closed beta, and would've never guess in my wildest nightmares that stuff like this was even possible) I would have waited.

I STILL WANT TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY, but I would not like to give it to you for nothing, nor to pay to have fools run the economies of the shards for the next while, since they dictate where the money goes, since they control the majority stake.
  • Options
    genryu20genryu20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    drexl420 wrote: »
    Word. Thank god I pirate all my games and play only F2P online games. LOL at the idiots who actually pay for their games.
    lol xD I learned my lesson in dropping money into a cash shop back from my DOMO days.
  • Options
    magilzealmagilzeal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Our hope is that the majority of currency that was gained illegitimately was removed from the game.

So... are you going to investigate further into people having abused this bug prior to 5am today? Because I'm hearing a lot of people freely admitting that they were doing this since day 1. You might wanna check on that instead of just "hoping" the problem is solved.
    Rise of the Fell King - A Forgotten Realms campaign (work in progress) NWS-DS38FJ5R8
    Part One: The Fell Cavern (looking for feedback!) NW-DTWX9RBQH
    Hopefully more to come!

• Options
    combatcascombatcas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's too bad more people aren't concerned about what is best for the community and game as a whole instead of just themselves. It's amazing how petty people can be with such trivial things. I don't care what you've done or achieved or lost in a few hours. This generation and it's sense of entitlement is nauseating. "I want a prize, I want my helmet back, I want, I want, I want..."

Your time isn't less important than anyone else's and you deserve no special compensation for game issues during a BETA. The gift is pandering and I think it's a mistake by PW. Buying items during BETA should be done with even more caution because of this, not used an excuse for special consideration. They owe none of us anything as individuals (having willingly and knowingly accepted the terms and conditions of BETA), they owe it to the game to be fair and thorough.
  • Options
    runeskaldruneskald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nuzzar wrote: »
    What about the fact that this bug abuse was going on a much longer time, if only used by very few before yesterday? Were those guys tracked down and their doings reverted individually?
    Agree, this bug has been reportedly known for a while, just rolling back to before it got abused badly (instead of mildly) seems a bit weak. Just wipe the servers, return everyone's Zen and founders packs and call it a beta test major error.
    Player of many games, Master of none...
  • Options
    regnorvexregnorvex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Our hope is that the majority of currency that was gained illegitimately was removed from the game.

Your "hope"? Your "hope"??? Is that how you put it, is that the output of spending all day and night trying to come up with wording that would spin it properly, is that how you intend to rebuild confidence? Your "hope"??? For God's sake, next time hire a PR agency to help you understand damage control. This post is so embarrassing it's making me hide the monitor so no one sees that I'm playing a game being run by kids.
    "Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • Options
    zeldamaxzeldamax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When is the server coming back?
  • Options
    metaliosmetalios Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does this mean I won't be able to buy gear??? I hit level 51 yesterday on my CW and I'm still wearing 44-47ish gear =( I was hoping to buy new gear since the gear vendors don't seem to have anything around my level =( which I'm a little irritated at since lvl 50 is a milestone.
  • Options
    exploiter420exploiter420 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol at the fools that think an IP ban will do much vs exploiters. With the current going rate of around 15 bucks for one million AD, exploiters will come back to continue profiting from this trash game.
  • Options
    nchrissnchriss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any idea of when servers gonna be up ? Ty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gladiuskinggladiusking Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, this game is already dead.
    A rollback only 1 day is not long enough, people were exploiting this bug days before and even transfered some AD to new accounts, so you might miss some, if you try to ban them. So some people are the richest players by exploiting, while people spend real money to reach this point. Its time to quit this game now or maybe start on a new server later on.
  • Options
    goneinsanenzgoneinsanenz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just hope they are smart enough to make sure they roll back the mail, the amount of times you see stuff get rolled back and stuff in the mail remains waiting to be collected after the roll back.
  • Options
    aramyllaramyll Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What happens to ardent/celestial coins, i didnt get mine earlier today. Will the counter be reset and i have to start from 1 again ???? I was on the 6th coin on one character 5 on another.
  • Options
    kainor1kainor1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stonew00t wrote: »
    i am SO sick of gold sellers we need to band together to fight them!
    This might make a good foundry mission.
    "Gold Rush - The siege of the cash sellers"
    - Level 60 Commoner
  • Options
    combatcascombatcas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's too bad more people aren't concerned about what is best for the community and game as a whole instead of just themselves. It's amazing how petty people can be with such trivial things. I don't care what you've done or achieved or lost in a few hours. This generation and it's sense of entitlement is nauseating. "I want a prize, I want my helmet back, I want, I want, I want..."

Your time isn't less important than anyone else's and you deserve no special compensation for game issues during a BETA. The gift is pandering and I think it's a mistake by PW. Buying items during BETA should be done with even more caution because of this, not used an excuse for special consideration. They owe none of us anything as individuals (having willingly and knowingly accepted the terms and conditions of BETA), they owe it to the game to be fair and thorough.
  • Options
    ulvenzulvenz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's only one way for me to speak about all these situation, these game got a pretty nice dev team (because of the specifically solution that they made, with a little bit lost, but everything else pretty sure). And i really appreciate the comunication with the players/community, not all MMO's show this kind of appreciation with the players, specially if it's they're not paid, and in an open beta.
  • Options
    ssessssess Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    okay, wow, i bought zen at 5:22 AM, u better be **** right about me getting the zen back.
    finished a new set - enchanted it with AH shards that i combined using the wards, finishing up my full armor for PVP en gained 2000 GS to move on to more epic dungeons, if this is all turned back cuz PWE forgot to read the bug reports - gg
  • Options
    yalper1337yalper1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just lost my nightmare wich i got through chests and a t2 gf chest (20% of ur defence in power set boni).
    just great....
  • Options
    manahomanaho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    7 hours isn't enough I pay to play and I am a founder. I have bought a lot of Zen and in my personal opinion it isn't enough of a roll back...this is beta wipe this **** and start over ffs
This discussion has been closed.