test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cocksworth wrote: »
    It's not 2.5m one exploiter has confirmed profits of 200 mil AD from the AH via screenshots. That's one person. That's why we're upset because Cryptic seems to not give a **** about the scope of the issue.

I know =P

It's in response to HoTN owners killed the economy lol.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    datemper wrote: »
    2.5 million AD is chump change to Zen/AD/Gold dealers and market players.Again if I play 24/7 (yes I do have the time to play 24/7) and exclusively play for AD gain,2.5 million is chump change.

With only playing a few hours every other day at present (sometimes just logging on to collect) I've made more than 250k AD and that's basically doing absolutely nothing of note in game on a level 25 character.I shiver to think how much I could make if I fill my character roster (six slots) and play the Eco game.

Meh. I've been playing too many hours each day since the open beta launched. Got six characters running leadership. Doing my invokes. Leveling & questing, and doing some dailies (can't do too many on my main, since it makes me outlevel the quest zones, dammit). Highest char is 39, and with the big bonus I got from double weekend.... hmm, maybe have 400k AD. 2.5mil seems like a crazy amount that it'll be a while before I see. The daily refining system seems impractical, with earning rates at a crappy 3k AD for 1hr+ spent on a dungeon (between queue and run).

But, then, I don't "AH", not really. I've sold a handful of low-level blues for maybe 20k total. Haven't bought anything, either.
    It's in response to HoTN owners killed the economy lol.

By merely EXISTING. The economy started with large amounts of AD that came out of nowhere. It won't be able to find some sort of equilibrium, until that AD is gone, and the actual economy (you know, the one where the daily refining is the AD that we have to play with) can start to take shape. Again, I'm not attributing malice to the founder pack buyers - I'm just saying that PWE/Cryptic set up a system where the initial economy was warped, just by the fact that it began with large infusions of "fake" money.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    wooooosh...

(that means this thread went over your head in case you didn't get it)

No one cares about people that cheated their way to 60, this thread is about the game economy.

Allow me to pass the "wooosh" to you: This thread is about people that cheated their way to 60, legitimately made more AD than the OP, especially if they're F2P. It's also about F2P players shouldn't have the right to post on the forums, since they're F2P and obviously didn't have to create an account to post, and limiting them would cut out the QQ threads, except look at the OP again: Hero of the North, posting a QQ thread. It's hard to tell what the next incarnation of this thread is going to be about, but if you comb through the pages, you're going to find the OP touching on exploits that I never heard of, being a legitimate player, and not looking for them. Which tells me that the OP spent a lot of time looking for them. Now, the only people I know that comb the web looking for cheat codes are the people that plan to use them. Sort of ironic isn't it?
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Allow me to pass the "wooosh" to you: This thread is about people that cheated their way to 60, legitimately made more AD than the OP, especially if they're F2P. It's also about F2P players shouldn't have the right to post on the forums, since they're F2P and obviously didn't have to create an account to post, and limiting them would cut out the QQ threads, except look at the OP again: Hero of the North, posting a QQ thread. It's hard to tell what the next incarnation of this thread is going to be about, but if you comb through the pages, you're going to find the OP touching on exploits that I never heard of, being a legitimate player, and not looking for them. Which tells me that the OP spent a lot of time looking for them. Now, the only people I know that comb the web looking for cheat codes are the people that plan to use them. Sort of ironic isn't it?

Or that they get talked about often in these forums. Case in point: YOU just found out about these exploits in this thread. OP probably found them out from another thread, etc.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    favdesu wrote: »
    good thing I read the forums before buying in. Did they hire the Diablo 3 team for this game? Only fixes and a wipe can help this game.

lol D3 did a much better job,the devs allowed players to cash out of that game with RLM profit lagally.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    /facepalm

This isn't about getting to level 60, seriously read before posting.

I have, and it's part of the OP's problem, people cheated, and so everyone should be wiped to fix it. So take your own advice maybe? After all, the OP has been quite literally all over the place with exploits, AD injection, except of course for his AD injection, which was earned because he RMT'd it, er, bought the Hero Founder's pack, etc etc.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Meh. I've been playing too many hours each day since the open beta launched. Got six characters running leadership. Doing my invokes. Leveling & questing, and doing some dailies (can't do too many on my main, since it makes me outlevel the quest zones, dammit). Highest char is 39, and with the big bonus I got from double weekend.... hmm, maybe have 400k AD. 2.5mil seems like a crazy amount that it'll be a while before I see. The daily refining system seems impractical, with earning rates at a crappy 3k AD for 1hr+ spent on a dungeon (between queue and run).

But, then, I don't "AH", not really. I've sold a handful of low-level blues for maybe 20k total. Haven't bought anything, either.

By merely EXISTING. The economy started with large amounts of AD that came out of nowhere. It won't be able to find some sort of equilibrium, until that AD is gone, and the actual economy (you know, the one where the daily refining is the AD that we have to play with) can start to take shape. Again, I'm not attributing malice to the founder pack buyers - I'm just saying that PWE/Cryptic set up a system where the initial economy was warped, just by the fact that it began with large infusions of "fake" money.

Yeah,I get you

I'm just a bit heated as my clan are all founders or HotN and none have injected jack into the eco.We're all just happily playing as intended,making ends meet as intended.guess I just felt labelled,I apologize.

If there were a wipe (not that there will be) I wouldn't care for the return of my AD or Zen.I guess we play on a totally different level to most others,where gathering your party and adventuring forth is the be all and end all.

2.5 mil,really isn't all that much if you specifically play to gain AD.I don't level up since open beta (waiting on early patch changes before moving up to end game) and just logon periodically to collect or party up with clan mates on a 25 to 29 DC (can't remember level lol,that how much I actually play atm) and she's had around 250k AD just meandering and like you,not playing the AH.

I dunno,I feel AD gain is at a good place for myself because I'm not doing all that much to gain it.One thing I can recommend to you however is to get into a small group of trusted friends/clannies and see for yourself how much more efficient the gameplay can be.

But there are so many ways to gain AD if that's what a player wants,and I like the variety of choice to gain AD.
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That is something you are free to exercise on your own. I have been playing since open beta started and my highest level toon is 30...

The people that exploited their way to 60 represent a much smaller portion of the player base than would justify punishing every single player.

As we have pointed out countless times, you are already being punished. It is only time until they pull more content from the game or nerf it down that then effects you even more so.

This is a serious and vicous circle, people need to wake up and see how it effects not only the ecomony, but the content in game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    datemper wrote: »
    While it's true some people may have purchased packs exclusively for perks/AD,not all did.You have generalized and stereotyped.

It's akin to me stating the portion of the player base that are free to play homewreckers have destroyed the game via exploits.It's a sweeping generalization and serves no purpose but to inflame the target of your disdain.

I have HoTN and the Guardian pack on one account,I ditched my AD with my first character in open beta.If the servers were rolled back I'd ditch it again,playing as intended nets me enough AD/Zen/Gold to advance my characters just fine.I had the opportunity to start 5 days in advance but only managed to total around 5 hours,I wasn't aware that there was a race to the top of a ladder season or some sort of riches achievement activated.

You see,you've generalized and put me into a category I don't belong.best stop please.
    EDIT:2.5 million or so AD for both packs.Chump change of what I could make if I decide to play this game 24/7

So if they wiped, you'd refuse your perks? You see, if they wipe, they're going to have to give you a 5 day headstart, and all the Zen you've purchased. All the people, Founders or not, that got the Nightmare mount will have to be compensated, since it's possible they spent actual money to get the keys to get it, and we know how unreliable RNG can be. Regarding the last line in your quote, since I'd assume you meant to play legitimately, a wipe would just what, give you the 5 day advantage on jacking up the economy to what you see it as being jacked up now? Everyone that's willing to put in the effort, which sadly doesn't include me, can do the same thing you do to get that AD rolling, so nothing changes.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Allow me to pass the "wooosh" to you: This thread is about people that cheated their way to 60
    No it isn't, it's about the economy that's why a wipe is needed.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have, and it's part of the OP's problem, people cheated, and so everyone should be wiped to fix it. So take your own advice maybe? After all, the OP has been quite literally all over the place with exploits, AD injection, except of course for his AD injection, which was earned because he RMT'd it, er, bought the Hero Founder's pack, etc etc.

Still it would be a slight overreaction to wipe every ones toons cause a few people used exploits . Just ban the exploiters .
  • Options
    debarsdebars Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Delete all the toons. It is beta after all??
  • Options
    rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    It has been explained several times over and over again with links and other players also extending how they feel on the issue , feel free to shut your mouth, stop being a moron, extend your index finger several times to the north and go back and re-read everything.

No, it hasn't, and I am going to keep asking for one until you actually explain it, concede the point, or the thread is closed.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    debars wrote: »
    Delete all the toons. It is beta after all??

Welcome to the f2p MMO industry, where "open beta" means "launch, but there'll probably be bugs. big ones."

(Also, as mentioned, the devs specifically said "no more wipes". Sure, they could do it, but it'd be bad news since people have been playing, based on that statement, as if it were permanent.)
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Except that there are some that are claiming that the initial break in the economy, compounded by exploiters, was the Founder's Packs, and those people, including myself, would have to have their AD restored since they paid for it. So it's not going to "fix" anything, except that the OP will feel better, since he'll have more AD than F2P players.

The AD from Founders and Guardians packs doesn;t even scratch the amount that has been put in from the exploits.

The amount of free players outweighs the people who paid that premimum cost to gain that AD and that AD we gained from buying those packs was suppose to set the precedence of an AD market place, however, it did quite the oppisite with the exploits completely destroying the ecomony and it is starting to effect content in the game on a larger scale now.

People are just too blind to see it because clearly, if you pay no attention to it, it doesn't effect you right? So nerfing content and removing content doesn't effect you? Right...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Some people are saying yes some are saying no. Lets stop shouting at each other and discuss other ways. Like AD earned in game only wipes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How is the game broken? I'm sure the economy will recover eventually.

From what I hear there really is no endgame anyway...

What's the point of getting T2 gear if their currently is no progression beyond that?

I dare you to try and get full T2 with the current Group finding system. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic also said that AD would have real world value but it's a pointless decoration that exploiters fill their bags with.

Then what's the fuss about? Somebody has better furniture than you? My 600k AD haven't even hit the economy yet, still waiting for me to pick it up, like good decorations. You see, when you look at it like you claim here, the only reason to call for a wipe is because you can't keep up with the Jones's. So doubly no.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and that AD we gained from buying those packs was suppose to set the precedence of an AD market place

But it wouldn't have. There are some amazingly large AD sinks in the game (many of the vendor things, the high costs of feat respec/enchant removal/speedup/appearance change/etc, AH fees). Given time (probably not even a couple months), the "extra" AD from founders would have evaporated. And the economy would have to find an equilibrium based around the Rough AD refined each day (and any Idols from lockboxes, I suppose). The prices set by founders splurging the first month with their starter funds would never have held any "precedent".
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So if they wiped, you'd refuse your perks? You see, if they wipe, they're going to have to give you a 5 day headstart, and all the Zen you've purchased. All the people, Founders or not, that got the Nightmare mount will have to be compensated, since it's possible they spent actual money to get the keys to get it, and we know how unreliable RNG can be. Regarding the last line in your quote, since I'd assume you meant to play legitimately, a wipe would just what, give you the 5 day advantage on jacking up the economy to what you see it as being jacked up now? Everyone that's willing to put in the effort, which sadly doesn't include me, can do the same thing you do to get that AD rolling, so nothing changes.

I dont understand why you are so daft
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's not 2.5m one exploiter has confirmed profits of 200 mil AD from the AH via screenshots. That's one person. That's why we're upset because Cryptic seems to not give a **** about the scope of the issue.

So did they also claim to be an exploiter, or is it your considered expert opinion that the only way to make that kind of money on the AH is to exploit?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    EDIT*miss quoted here * :<

I have 200K from casual play and I dont think a wipe will happen. I am against a wipe just as my many posts before states. I make no attempt to keep up with the Jones's. Just people going YES/NO at each other wont grow the conversation. I like to hear all sides of an argument.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In my country, we have people that earn millions, some do it illegally, most don't. With the money, they buy nice things like mansions and supercars and have a much better lifestyle than many of us do.

I also work hard, I have some money, a nice house and a nice car. I don't think (or expect) that I'll ever be able to afford a mansion or a supercar.

So, if the government got upset with those illegal earners and decided to pass a bill that took everyone's house, car and savings away and forced everyone to work from scratch - would that seem fair?

Surely the govenment would be better off using their time and resources to bring those illegal earners to justice?!?

That is, of course, unless the government doesn't really care that much after all. In which case, nothing will get done, the poor will stay poor, and the rich will get richer.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    But it wouldn't have. There are some amazingly large AD sinks in the game (many of the vendor things, the high costs of feat respec/enchant removal/speedup/appearance change/etc, AH fees). Given time (probably not even a couple months), the "extra" AD from founders would have evaporated. And the economy would have to find an equilibrium based around the Rough AD refined each day (and any Idols from lockboxes, I suppose). The prices set by founders splurging the first month with their starter funds would never have held any "precedent".

Yes over time, it would of. Just not as accelerated as it has been, in 10 days.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I dont understand why you are so daft

I don't understand why you are so daft. Your whole point of this post was, initially, that people exploited their way to 60 and then quit. So because they exploited their way to 60 and quit, we should get a character wipe? The rest of the thread is you bashing people that aren't paying to win, that they shouldn't be allowed a voice on the forums, since they didn't pay to get an account, but got one for free, and now, because some of them apparently have nicer things than you, despite the fact that they might have earned them legitimately, for all you know, they must have cheated, and so, the only way to cure your self esteem is to wipe the servers?

So, tell me, in your infinite wisdom, what else is it that a wipe is going to "fix"? Will Founders not be given their 5 day headstart? Will you request that Cryptic/PW keep your AD so that they aren't artificially injected into the economy? Intent doesn't matter a rat's *** in this dialog, if it's about artificially injected AD, since all Founder's Packs, including mine, artificially inject AD into the economy, except that mine haven't yet, since I haven't picked them up yet. They are available. So make up your mind. Is this thread about exploiting to 60, or the economy being jacked? If, as you postulate in your OP, most of the exploit to 60 players have quit already, what harm can they do to the economy? They've quit, according to you, or did you not post this:
    Imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and farm millions of AD via exploits and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game.

There should be a full game wipe of all characters once all the issues are fixed and rectified.
    Funny that, it says it's you. You have run the complete gambit of complaints, including the idiotic stance of "F2P players shouldn't be allowed to post on the forums". So yeah, I don't understand why you are so daft.
  • Options
    karmeliakarmelia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    They just need to ban all the accounts(and associated accounts where people may have laundered AD/items to) that exploited and do their best to seize items/AD that where a result of exploitation WITHOUT affecting people that innocently bought it off the AH.

PWI don't ban cheaters, botters or bug abusers, as anyone who have players their other games already know.

Go to the Perfect World game forum and check for the infamous "goon glitch" bug.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No it isn't, it's about the economy that's why a wipe is needed.
    Imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and farm millions of AD via exploits and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game.

There should be a full game wipe of all characters once all the issues are fixed and rectified.

ORLY? I'm not getting that from the OP...
  • Options
    edited May 2013

If someone abused exploits to 60 then they havn't earned there AD at 60 legit either.

I don't abuse exploits in any game I play,but I do try to keep up to date and not be ignorant of things that will effect me by the way of nerfs and other changes,which is what abuse of exploits leads to.

Lastly,the sooner this whole HotN verse F2P shiznat stops the sooner healthy discussion about the game flourishes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    just made 10 mil AD. lolz
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ORLY? I'm not getting that from the OP...

Because you are daft and only wish to see what you want or read in to it how you want.

Learn to read maybe? I dunno, it's not hard I guess, maybe for some.

Ethier way, other people have seen the issues and are on board with it. Needless to say, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the context of a post, it is just a shame that people like yourself try to cling to something that is currently effecting the entire game, not just the ecomony or the leveling process.

Paddle in your pool all you want and take it out of context all you like it doesn't change the fact that this is quickly becoming a game breaking issue on all aspects of the game across the board.
This discussion has been closed.