test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    comran1comran1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hmm - when I try to purchase the Guardian pack through Paypal it takes me to a site all in Dutch - so not sure how to purchase it
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    *Waiting to see how much will cost CHOSEN OF MYSTRA PACKAGE*:p
    Sorry, I have the only one left. ;)
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Sorry, I have the only one left. ;)

That's fine, mine's called I AM ASMODEUS -- free hoard of Asmodai followers, a pit field mount, the Ruby Rod. All I had to do was sign some paper the CEO of PWI sent me. Was written on this funny crackly paper and since I didn't have a pen, I just used my own blood.. anyway, should be a fun pack to use. Didn't see that one listed on the Beta weekends though, sort of disappointed, but oh well, I'm strangely unconcerned about... well anything really. huh, weird.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kvet wrote: »
    That's fine, mine's called I AM ASMODEUS -- free hoard of Asmodai followers, a pit field mount, the Ruby Rod. All I had to do was sign some paper the CEO of PWI sent me. Was written on this funny crackly paper and since I didn't have a pen, I just used my own blood.. anyway, should be a fun pack to use. Didn't see that one listed on the Beta weekends though, sort of disappointed, but oh well, I'm strangely unconcerned about... well anything really. huh, weird.

I am afraid I have the only Asmodeus pack ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Waiting for my Chosen of Tymora Stinking Rich Rogue Package myself...
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    comran1 wrote: »
    Hmm - when I try to purchase the Guardian pack through Paypal it takes me to a site all in Dutch - so not sure how to purchase it

there is a box where you can change your country.
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    there is a box where you can change your country.

Wish I had a box like that down at immigration.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I understand that the first Beta is on the 8th but is there a time? E.G. will the server be up at midnight? Some of us internationals need to get things squared away so kids and work cannot interupt us ;)
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, the team can just close your eyes and ignore Brazilian players. I REALLY dont understand this situation, youre saying me "gain nothing is better than gain a little"..... Just look at the price and the advantages from Age of Wushu.

AoW
    60 days headstart
    1 permanent mount
    100 gold (exchangeable to "game money" or used to buy cash itens)
    A LOT of offline options (offline stalls and shops, offline training for skill leveling without play, offline job to earn money)
    4 daily gifts (includes xp boosts, reputation boosts, consumable itens, cosmetic itens, etc)

All this for US$ 9,90.

In my viewpoint your pricing policy are wrong EVEN if the price machs with benefits just because the players dont know the game! If i had time to play the full released game, like 1 week or 2 i will be able to make my opinion abou it. But in this way we will pay for something we dont know if we will like.

If you need capitalize to continue the developing the game i surely think its better make "little promotions" acessible to all instead "huge packs" to a reduced number of players. I want to expend money to improve my experience when game full release but i dont think a Phanter are extremely necessary to it, even if it was a unique and exclusive item. If the phanter become a "boosted companion" the game will turn in Pay-to-Win and i will fell happy in not put any money on it.

You are essentially asking PWE (and by extension all of its other paying customers) to subsidize your tax burden.
    You are being fairly charged the same amount as every other customer.
    The difference is being imposed by your government.

Friend, i'm not asking you to pay my bills or give me money. I think if you really know how to read. in the worst scenario youre not following the posts.

1 - i must say you can sell anythink and put the price you want. PWE can sell 1 weekend for US$ 500, dont matter to me.....

2 - only for your information i played DDO for 5 years. i expended some money on it and i improved A LOT my experience. Monk class, Drow, Favored Soul, Vale of twiklight, sands of menechtarun, Devil of shavarath, Inspired quarter 1 and 2, Vault of Night, Phiarlan carnival, Sentinels of stormreach, and other packs.... I got VIP status for like 1 year and a lot of turbine points.... The point here is the fact i expended like US$ 19,90 / month to get full acess to the game. PLEASE DONT TALK TO ME AS IF I WHERE A BEGGAR.

3 - i show the fact of Brazilian money just about the PWE will loose a great public here. So its why i dont understand "gain nothing is better than gain a little".

4 - age of wushu give 100X more bonuses at 100X lower prices than PWE. Its a fact.

5 - my sense of entitlement is not absurd. you can pay for what you want. i only want to say you will pay for something you dont knlow if you will like. Normally even people who can swim in money dont want to trhow it in the trash. You will pay US$ 200 in a unfinished game. Here in Brazil when a shop want to sell something new they give a free samples or sell small parcel of the produict, not a great closed package at full cost.

6 - Just my opinion as someone who studied Bussines Administration for 7 years: in this case, i feel better sell a little package at US$ 9,99 granting small amenities in game and get the pockets full of money than sell great packages at US$ 60 and 200 to a very restricted universe of players. Maybe i can be wrong but the people who dont like these promotions are wining the peoplo who like it for like 30 X 1. So, 30 little packs at 9,90 gives US$ 299,70 and 1 Great package at 200 gives you, huh, US$ 200. Again, just like Age of Wushu team did. Theyr server are full of people who got the vip status like me.

People, I can't stress enough no personal insults. I'm glad I was able to save the replies, but we've moved whole posts for this and even closed threads. Be nice.

As for this topic, let me put it to you this way.

Imagine Brazillia invents a great new MMO and offers it with local competitive pricing which now is what is listed up to 250 local dollars before, due to other games offering this for that kind of game.

Now imagine the US is still hit hard by the economy and actually enters a depression People lose a lot of their dollar buying power, but the country as a whole still has clout.

How would YOU feel if the US demanded companies start changing pricing-which is perfectly reasonable for your average person-just because THAT country pays less on average based on their economic ability?

There would be a LOT of backlash and the usual "world bully" accusations as people would claim "the US is trying to get people to do things their way." and this would not end well.

If an economic agreement is made for countries, such a compact takes many many months if not YEARS to hammer out a release's localized agreement, and the game STILL is basing their pricing in the LOCAL ORIGIN COUNTRY'S by that country's currency value. We won't switch to Euros for the game's origin just because it's better for trading because this development game was contracted based on agreements tied to the USD. This is also an issue as much legal as economic. If you have a degree in international finance, then you can advise us otherwise.

While I literally empathize with not being able to afford the packet's cost, this game cannot and will not go to any international consensus world bank to set pricing when we 're talking about a FREE TO PLAY game with OPTIONAL LUXURY items. If you cannot afford the top tier, there are two others, and it will be ongoing for months throughout the beta process if there is a way to save for such a cost. And people who do NOT buy it STILL can get into beta even if they buy nothing, just are not ABSOLUTELY guaranteed immediate access. But if not, you still can play sometime in beta or post release and later save up in game for FREE to get MANY of the items for no game cost all but guaranteed. This includes slots, bags and even companions.

So please don't preach about one country's value economics unless you are ready to have another country start dictating directly as well.

And that's a "trolling call" if that were done, so it's not going to happen on either country's "demands."

Thank you for understanding the pricing is based on US competitiveness pre-play headstart pricing.

bluesteel8 wrote: »
    I understand that the first Beta is on the 8th but is there a time? E.G. will the server be up at midnight? Some of us internationals need to get things squared away so kids and work cannot interupt us

Unless told otherwise, expect an announcement later to say when the "weekends" will start and end and please adjust your times for -8 GMT or Pacific Standard Time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jymixjymix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    volcxxx wrote: »
    PW - im curious how this game will NOT be pay2win.
    Last game iv played - Raiderz - was unplayable becouse of high real-money cost of respec book. To test different build on my hard-worked char, my choice was:
    1. spend high amount of real money (dont remember how much but something like 20-30$)
    2. reroll and level up new char and forget all time iv invested to get levels.

And when i see in Founder Packs item called "1 RESPEC TOKEN" - it just stinks for me.

Question: how much will cost respec in Neverwinter? I assume i will be FORCED to spend real money to respec my build but how much - (3$ or 30$)?
    And why the heck price in euro is much higher than in $? Its like 30% more in my country currency (!!!)

And BTW - both Battle of immortals and War of Immortals (Perfect World games) were HEAVY PAY2WIN games.

I am wondering this too. It seems like right off the bat they are more focused on people paying money than actually playing and testing their game. Why call it an open beta if you restrict the "open" part until the last weekend??
  • Options
    jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    iamtruthseeker , just look at this:

I feel extremely important we talk about the pricing policy, just because i noticed a lot of negative feedback. If i'm planning to play this game i think i must participate about every aspect, including pricing, quality, etc...

If the Support team resolve my problem quickly i will say good words about it. If i dont get my problem solved i will say bad words about it. Here in Brazil we usually say: "if someone like your services he tell that to ONE another person. If someone DONT like your service he will tell that to another TEN person."

I got a problem solved with a key i got from PC Gamer and i answered the support e-mail telling this: "I like you service! You solved my problem quickly! I will recommend the game to everybody i know!" BUT.... Now i see the pricing politics and simply don’t agree with it.

The guy named silvergryph talked with me as if I where a beggar and asking you for money but just to clarify the thing, I played DDO for 5 years and got almost all “optional content” with real money EVEN with a way to farm Turbine Points in the starter quests. This TP farm was used for like 60% of player including EUA players while the EPICOS OF EBERRON, a only Brazilian guild has all members with vip status and another optional content paid in money.

As I said, I have studied Business Administration for 7 years. Its something like your High school (with technical characteristics) plus University. I don’t throwing “empty critics” I’m points some errors and telling possible solutions. Feel free to use or ignore then, but as a community member I must tell it.

First I can tell you some mistakes in your promos:
    1 – The huge leap from 1 promotion to the next: 19,99 >>> 59,99 >>> 199,99.
    2 – The higher promos don’t include the previous benefits.
    3 – The Hero of north pack says: “access to a unique playable race”. But the team told all races and classes will be free a lot of times.
    4 – The cost to access the beta is too high to play a unfinished game. You’re asking people to pay for what they don’t know if they will like.

Just look at all that confusion caused in the “promo release information”. A lot of topics discussing the same things and people don’t got informed about the advantages and etc…. Unfinished list of benefits and others……….

It’s impossible look at your “beta promo” without compare it with Age of Wushu ones. As I showed beta testers on AoW paid 9,99 for 60 days headstart, 100 gold, 1 permanent mount, 4 (useful) daily gifts and a lot of “offline options”. The servers are full of people who paid for it. Why, WHY you can’t do something like it?

Looking at 10 first posts in the promo page I see 2 people saying “I will buy the package” but don’t tell what package. I see 2 people conditioning “ I will buy a package if they tell for what astral diamond will be used” and so on. I see 6 people saying “WTF”, “WTH”, “Its criminal 199,99 for a free game”, “lol” and so on.

So we have 2 player buying the package without say what pack is, 2 people who don’t know if will buy or not and 6 who will not get packages. IF you put a Beta access plus a minor amenity like a companion or a minor gear for 9,99 I surely say all that people will buy it AND who can pay 199,99 STILL will pay 199,99.

The NOW public is basically D&D fans or ex-DDO players and its made the target public restrict. If you want to expand your sells, just made more people test the game. At 9,99 if I doesn’t like the game I will not feel I lost money. If I like the game I will play it and expend my money to improve my gaming experience.

Again, it’s just my opinion and I say please don’t close your eyes for any country or public. Just because if a unique guy play your game from a distant and forgoten island you all will be more rich.

And YES, i can accept a Hero of the North Founder's Pack as a payment for my Business Consulting. :cool::cool::cool:
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wtf? How can others use ASCII characters while quoting them, their posts, makes the post cut in my browser?

Anyways, I think I will just giggle at @jogoskanindragon's misunderstanding.

(But if truth you are giving the pack's away, let me know the bribe by PM... ummm... move along people, nothing to see here! Move along!)
    iamtruthseeker just look at this:
    First I can tell you some mistakes in your promos
    It’s impossible look at your beta promo
    ...etc etc...
    And YES, i can accept a Hero of the North Founder's Pack as a payment for my Business Consulting.
  • Options
    garrettroguegarrettrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 71
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    wtf? How can others use ASCII characters while quoting them, their posts, makes the post cut in my browser?

Anyways, I think I will just giggle at @jogoskanindragon's misunderstanding.

(But if truth you are giving the pack's away, let me know the bribe by PM... ummm... move along people, nothing to see here! Move along!)

...etc etc...

I think gilrmn was trying to show how you completely contradicted yourself in your post.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think gilrmn was trying to show how you completely contradicted yourself in your post.
    hmm... not really.
    If truthseeker had any founder's packs - he would use it on himself first.

And he is not stopping anyone from criticizing the cryptic at all which he usually does himself (as long as founder's packs are not around :p - just like me getting all lovey dovey over game at prospective of any reward) - all he is saying is not to launch personal attacks.

Personal attacks are like when people judge the poster of the idea - not the content for facts - like 'you are naive...' 'you are etc etc...' etc.

Those are violation of RoC/ToS something.

Also to add - in my opinion when what you are saying is not a fact (or I think... etc.) If you present a fact, it better be correct or have a good source.

EDIT:
    Also passing judgements over countries(like"All <x county's citizens> are this") is not very nice and also violates RoC/ToS.
  • Options
    mezrael13mezrael13 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is the game not working? I Did the DL last night and it is updated but it will not allow me to play.

I now see Alpha testing is on a very limited time base. and some kind of PVP is scheduled for 2P.M. Today.
  • Options
    wodny1988wodny1988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When can we expect some information about PC Gamer keys?
  • Options
    jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    hmm... not really.
    If truthseeker had any founder's packs - he would use it on himself first.

And he is not stopping anyone from criticizing the cryptic at all which he usually does himself (as long as founder's packs are not around :p - just like me getting all lovey dovey over game at prospective of any reward) - all he is saying is not to launch personal attacks.

Personal attacks are like when people judge the poster of the idea - not the content for facts - like 'you are naive...' 'you are etc etc...' etc.

Those are violation of RoC/ToS something.

Also to add - in my opinion when what you are saying is not a fact (or I think... etc.) If you present a fact, it better be correct or have a good source.

EDIT:
    Also passing judgements over countries(like"All <x county's citizens> are this") is not very nice and also violates RoC/ToS.

Well i dont understan this post completely... My english is not good. If youre talking about i say "your" and make mention to iamtruthseeker, its just why i'm talking with him... its nothing personal. With "your" i want to refer to PWE, the company, not the person, ok?
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to spend ~10 Euros for possibility to test this game in 8 february. This is fair price for 2-days beta-test. If this game fails, ok not much lost.
    If i enjoy playstyle and foundry will work as intened (=endgame) i will buy hero pack now and spend more money for ingame items later.
    You get from me about 500$ until Elder Scroll online arrives, i can pay for fun if its worth it.

This is FAIR.

Now my options are:
    1. wait till open beta before i trash my money
    2. buy guardian pack for 60$ (and than i will not buy hero pack for sure).

Conclusion: give ppl more choices, dont force them to spend at least 60$. If you know your game is good, you will get more profit anyway.
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    weird glitch posting, sorry for the duplicate
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    iamtruthseeker , just look at this:

I feel extremely important we talk about the pricing policy, just because i noticed a lot of negative feedback. If i'm planning to play this game i think i must participate about every aspect, including pricing, quality, etc...

If the Support team resolve my problem quickly i will say good words about it. If i dont get my problem solved i will say bad words about it. Here in Brazil we usually say: "if someone like your services he tell that to ONE another person. If someone DONT like your service he will tell that to another TEN person."

I got a problem solved with a key i got from PC Gamer and i answered the support e-mail telling this: "I like you service! You solved my problem quickly! I will recommend the game to everybody i know!" BUT.... Now i see the pricing politics and simply don’t agree with it.

The guy named silvergryph talked with me as if I where a beggar and asking you for money but just to clarify the thing, I played DDO for 5 years and got almost all “optional content” with real money EVEN with a way to farm Turbine Points in the starter quests. This TP farm was used for like 60% of player including EUA players while the EPICOS OF EBERRON, a only Brazilian guild has all members with vip status and another optional content paid in money.

As I said, I have studied Business Administration for 7 years. Its something like your High school (with technical characteristics) plus University. I don’t throwing “empty critics” I’m points some errors and telling possible solutions. Feel free to use or ignore then, but as a community member I must tell it.

First I can tell you some mistakes in your promos:
    1 – The huge leap from 1 promotion to the next: 19,99 >>> 59,99 >>> 199,99.
    2 – The higher promos don’t include the previous benefits.
    3 – The Hero of north pack says: “access to a unique playable race”. But the team told all races and classes will be free a lot of times.
    4 – The cost to access the beta is too high to play a unfinished game. You’re asking people to pay for what they don’t know if they will like.

Just look at all that confusion caused in the “promo release information”. A lot of topics discussing the same things and people don’t got informed about the advantages and etc…. Unfinished list of benefits and others……….

It’s impossible look at your “beta promo” without compare it with Age of Wushu ones. As I showed beta testers on AoW paid 9,99 for 60 days headstart, 100 gold, 1 permanent mount, 4 (useful) daily gifts and a lot of “offline options”. The servers are full of people who paid for it. Why, WHY you can’t do something like it?

Looking at 10 first posts in the promo page I see 2 people saying “I will buy the package” but don’t tell what package. I see 2 people conditioning “ I will buy a package if they tell for what astral diamond will be used” and so on. I see 6 people saying “WTF”, “WTH”, “Its criminal 199,99 for a free game”, “lol” and so on.

So we have 2 player buying the package without say what pack is, 2 people who don’t know if will buy or not and 6 who will not get packages. IF you put a Beta access plus a minor amenity like a companion or a minor gear for 9,99 I surely say all that people will buy it AND who can pay 199,99 STILL will pay 199,99.

The NOW public is basically D&D fans or ex-DDO players and its made the target public restrict. If you want to expand your sells, just made more people test the game. At 9,99 if I doesn’t like the game I will not feel I lost money. If I like the game I will play it and expend my money to improve my gaming experience.

Again, it’s just my opinion and I say please don’t close your eyes for any country or public. Just because if a unique guy play your game from a distant and forgoten island you all will be more rich.

And YES, i can accept a Hero of the North Founder's Pack as a payment for my Business Consulting. :cool::cool::cool:
    No need for any hurt feelings. I was expressing an alternate point of view. Perhaps it is one that could be seen as harsh. I freely admit that I did not express it gently and apologize for my bluntness.

If I meet you in game at a tavern, I'll buy you a beer.

Not like the good Dwarven stout or anything.
    From the bottom shelf.

Anyway, as to your other points I agree that the "unique player race" thing is a misleading error. But, I am not so concerrned with the pricing structure or the fact that the tiers aren't inclusive. I feel that each pack has something that makes it worthwhile by itself and actually think they should have made an additional offer to buy all three for a slight additional discount. Maybe $259.99.

Another point I'd like to make is that they aren't selling beta access. They are selling discounted bundles of goods from their store. The beta access is just one of the perks for early financial supporters, along with the exclusive cosmetic and prestige items in each pack. There are many other ways to get into the closed beta and the open beta will follow allowing everyone the chance to play before launch. The only exclusive beta perk you get for buying one of these packs is really just the one extra weekend of play.

Unfortunately, we don't know if these packs are really a good value yet because we don't know the real cash value of an Astral Diamond. If they would just let us know what the ZEN to AD exchange rate is expected to be that might make a big difference.

My belief based on the price of all three packs is that the Astral Diamonds are the only way they could be coming up with the declared cash value of the packages. For example, if 1 ZEN = 50 AD then the Hero of the North pack comes with $150 worth. But if 1 ZEN = 200 AD then it's only $37.50.

Lastly, in regards to whether or not other players see the value in the packs all you have to do is look around at all the Hero of the North and Guardian titles popping up on the forums to see that many of them do.

Anyway, happy gaming and I hope you stick around and play.
  • Options
    dizzy000dizzy000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    Well said silver!
    The Liver is Evil and must be punished!! Drink More Beer!
  • Options
    fluke27fluke27 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm interested in play/testing in the Beta; I've Betaed before(Asheron's Call was my first Beta); I don't whine about character wipes because that is part of being in a Beta. Looking foward to the Beta and all that entails.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I bought a starter pack only. Do I get a header that reads Hero of the North above my Royal Dr. Evil avatar?
  • Options
    andaerosandaeros Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So it seems as though one cannot simply sign up for the beta /boromir.jpg

But must purchase something first? I having an account w/ perfect world already do not have the option to sign up apparently, so I guess that the beta is simply a preview treat rather than something that the devs are wanting testers for. Although it seems as though betas usually are anyway, oh well. Will come back when it's released and give it a shot if it's f2p.
  • Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I suppose it's the nature of internet communication (and communication in general it seems) that there are so many misunderstandings or misconceptions. The Hero of the North Founder's Pack (and the other Founders Packs) is NOT a "pay to play beta" offer. It's an offer of in-game goodies and, oh, by the way, you also get beta access. As noted elsewhere there are a TON of ways to get beta access totally free.

It's simply not the case that we are paying for beta access. If they flat out SAID, "Gimme $10 and you can get in beta" and that was IT with no further benefit then we might have a discussion about whether that was a sound offer (it's not, to my mind: I'd never pay for beta access and frankly I doubt they'd offer such a thing anyway). But instead they're just offering another way to get beta access. Since I have a lifetime subscription to Champions Online (since that game's beta, so I've more than "made back" the initial cost), I was ALREADY able to join the last two beta weekends (if memory of the schedule serves)... I certainly didn't buy the Hero of the North founder's pack JUST to get the ONE extra weekend of beta testing.

And while I'm here: kyllroy2, the blue "Hero of the North" and the gold "Guardian" forum titles are tied to the purchase of those respective packs -- if you just bought the $19.99 pack, I don't believe it has any forum titles associated with it.
  • Options
    ezrdrezrdr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11
    edited February 2013
    I'm excited and can't wait to play!
  • Options
    alias505alias505 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I bought guardians pack. anyway 60$ is not that much but it depends how game will be itself good for that price. after beta I will see did I wrong that I bought guardians apck or not.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    braxzana wrote: »
    I suppose it's the nature of internet communication (and communication in general it seems) that there are so many misunderstandings or misconceptions. The Hero of the North Founder's Pack (and the other Founders Packs) is NOT a "pay to play beta" offer. It's an offer of in-game goodies and, oh, by the way, you also get beta access. As noted elsewhere there are a TON of ways to get beta access totally free.

It's simply not the case that we are paying for beta access. If they flat out SAID, "Gimme $10 and you can get in beta" and that was IT with no further benefit then we might have a discussion about whether that was a sound offer (it's not, to my mind: I'd never pay for beta access and frankly I doubt they'd offer such a thing anyway). But instead they're just offering another way to get beta access. Since I have a lifetime subscription to Champions Online (since that game's beta, so I've more than "made back" the initial cost), I was ALREADY able to join the last two beta weekends (if memory of the schedule serves)... I certainly didn't buy the Hero of the North founder's pack JUST to get the ONE extra weekend of beta testing.

And while I'm here: kyllroy2, the blue "Hero of the North" and the gold "Guardian" forum titles are tied to the purchase of those respective packs -- if you just bought the $19.99 pack, I don't believe it has any forum titles associated with it.

Thats the thanks I get! double poo and a pox on PWE. I want a bargain title at least. Maybe something like this:
    3ec3557b-2de8-4709-9d3c-fe291780c88e_zpsf04f14e1.jpg
  • Options
    tauranttaurant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I bought the Hero of Neverwinter package... most of my friends haven't because the $750k ADs value is unclear. I know most of them aren't willing to plunk down much money at all, unless a real value is perceived.

It seems to me if you have to look at the stated 'values' $549 HoN vs. $149 for the GoN. Both contain a mount, a companion, some useless 'costume', and 5 more matches. HoN has what appears to be a Drow 'variation' as an optional race; early Foundry access (how long can it really take to reach 15 levels... i did that in a day on WOW, and a bit longer on DDO); a bonus L60 item (presumably you can't use till level 60, which leads me to believe leveling will be fairly quick, and the foundry bonus worthless). So basically, unless the Drow variation is seriously a step above other races, i don't place much value at all (maybe $20) on all these perquisites.

So, i guess what i'm saying is, for my extra $160, i'm getting 'vapors' and an extra 625k Astral Diamonds. I'm going to be one very unhappy camper if the AD:$ ratio isn't in the 4000-5000 range on my actual cost but really closer to 10-12k based on stated 'value'. Not sure how the 'Zen' factors in as noted above, as this is my first PW game.

I'll feel cheated as heck if it's anything less $150 worth of ADs... based on 'value' pricing, i'll feel cheated if it's less that $350 worth of ADs.
    Nayr Taurant
  • Options
    nightspipernightspiper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited February 2013
    Lamest and worst 19.99 founders items I Have ever seen. Whoever decided on these lame items should be flogged. If this is indicative of what $20 buys then your greed will turn away players. Guaranteed.