test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• grimlenkadogrimlenkado Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hmm this is nice so the game was advertised as free to play but in reality if you want to play you have to pay real smooth

Yes we're sorry you're so entitled to this closed beta. What where they thinking? How dare they not let you in?!? No but seriously i think it was nice of them to let people pay to get into the closed beta. I personally didn't have a problem paying. Been supporting the game since it was first announced. And i hope to be playing it for many years to come.

EDIT: On top of that they're letting people in from twitter/facebook invites (again closed beta!)
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    adamnox wrote: »
    really? If they want 200 bucks to play a f2p they'll answer as many questions as many times as they have to and they'll like it.

We community mods are volunteer and get no freebies including no packs. We'll answer questions.....

But by the gods, we'll not like it! ;)
    hmm this is nice so the game was advertised as free to play but in reality if you want to play you have to pay real smooth

Only if you want to play it before everybody else. Kind of a convenience for those who pay for the product...gee maybe they should do that for free to play games...make people who can't wait for free pay to get things faster as a sort of "thanks."

Who am I kidding, it will never catch on....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • judicaturejudicature Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We community mods are volunteer and get no freebies including no packs. We'll answer questions.....

Only if you want to play it before everybody else. Kind of a convenience for those who pay for the product...gee maybe they should do that for free to play games...make people who can't wait for free pay to get things faster as a sort of "thanks."

Who am I kidding, it will never catch on....

LMAO! After reading most of the posts in this thread I actually have sympathy for you in my blackened heart.
  • trevaremtrevarem Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Well that is understandable. But nevertheless: Officially you like to answer even the most stupid question (Which don't exist anyway;)) over and over again...

Have fun (or at least try to)
  • theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Anyone know around what time on Friday it starts? or should i just sit there clicking F5 from midnight? :P

i enjoyed this comment. i imagine taping a six sided die over f5 key. please note that packages include more than closed beta w/e access. not the least of which, imo is the foundry unlock. also worth noting is that Firefall needs end user input badly. one assumes Neverwinter is closer to a release candidate.

missed this one:
    How long is the founders pack going to be available? Come on uncle sam. Tax refund on the way already..
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
  • live4hslive4hs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a question, maybe it had been answered already; I activated a beta-key long ago, but i didnt buy anything from the founder packs. Will I be able to play tomorrow? Cous i heard someone could already download the client. I have still two grey unworking links: Direct download, Torrent download.
  • eslavaceslavac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They mentioned 12pm Pacific time.
  • eslavaceslavac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure where your at in this chart.
    Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:

Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10

Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24

Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed

PC Gamer promotional keys.
    PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.
    Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
    Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
    And more!
    live4hs wrote: »
    I have a question, maybe it had been answered already; I activated a beta-key long ago, but i didnt buy anything from the founder packs. Will I be able to play tomorrow? Cous i heard someone could already download the client. I have still two grey unworking links: Direct download, Torrent download.
  • live4hslive4hs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, i won that beta-key from gamecoach. They didn't tell us what kind of beta-key is this.
  • gemstrikegemstrike Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    IMO that would be an 'other' beta key.

Foundry Author! Check out @gemstrike to see my quests :)
    Want to make your own? Then watch my videos.
    New Videos
    Old Videos
  • reksio181reksio181 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have question what time will beta start tomorrow?
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    12 pm pst!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    I would have to agree with gemstrike that it is in the Other Beta Participants section. Possibly Under Promotional Beta Keys on Partner Sites. You'll have to keep checking the beta info page to see when they update that part. I'm thinking maybe they open the third up for everyone, but we wont know for sure till they tell us, eventually and probably later then we want.
    live4hs wrote: »
    Well, i won that beta-key from gamecoach. They didn't tell us what kind of beta-key is this.
  • sertanleesertanlee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree NDA will prsent itself when you download and then access the client to play.
  • static1024static1024 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Small question if i purchase the guardian pack and later decide to purchase the hero pack will i just pay the difference ($140)? Can a mod give a in sight to this.
  • bryce1338bryce1338 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Considering you have to purchase all three to get all the exclusive items, it seems unlikely you can upgrade for the difference.
  • maerdynmaerdyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hm, 2nd and 3rd beta for me
    CO LT, STO LT, played NWN and NWN2 before and another DnD games
  • skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited February 2013
    static1024 wrote: »
    Small question if i purchase the guardian pack and later decide to purchase the hero pack will i just pay the difference ($140)? Can a mod give a in sight to this.

No. You'd be paying a total of $260. There is no "upgrade" so to speak.
    It's exactly the same as purchasing each pack, separately.
  • pumpumpkinpumpumpkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so i was wondering, and if this was already answered i'm terribly sorry, is the beta going live at midnight? that would be pretty sweet... i'm more than willing to loose an immense amount of sleep before i have to work in the morning in order to try out the level editor/dungeon creator/foundry thing-a-ma-jig.
  • static1024static1024 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ok thx all for the response..
  • kershel12kershel12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok So what is the deal with the 2 weekend on 8th march I had a preorder of Torchlight 2 as in i bought the combo torchlight 1 and waited for torchlight 2 will I get a key on my email since I bought it on Steam.
  • bloodywandererbloodywanderer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    as it was said before you only get to beta from torchlight 2 purchases made directly from perfect world. So no you wont get the key.
  • fractalprismfractalprism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will there be beta access for people who bought the 4-pack of Torchlight 2, on steam? (non-preorder)
  • rukhasrukhas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    test test test
  • rukhasrukhas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I guess my test failed. sigh
  • vampirialvampirial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will we be able to play a Drow and wizard in this Beta or is it locked for this phase?
  • oddwin1oddwin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a beta key and It says I am registered for Beta. but when I go to download the game both of my options are greyed out and I can't download. It's Mid day on the 7th is there no pre load? Do I have to wait until midnight?

So .. turns out my Beta key falls under the category of "other" However .. it took me 2 hours to find out that I have a BETA key .. but it's EXTREMELY limited.

This is the kind of thing that leaves a VERY sour 'Diablo3' taste in peoples mouths. I am dying to throw my wallet at this game.. but everything I look at seems extremely vague and VERY hard to follow.

Beta access SHOULD mean beta access. Not limited beta access. Or at the very least.. CALL IT a limited beta access key..

IMO asking people to spend $60 - $200 for a product that 'lets be honest' is 97% unknown to the public is a bit silly. I have been under the impression that a 'beta' event is 50% for testing purposes, and 50% to start getting people pumped about the product. To make me pick up my phone and call all my friends with the excited ' Guys.. WOW..."

This really leaves an extremely sour taste in my mouth.

I can't help but be reminded of the hype machine that was The Secret World.. man it was good and MAN they collected a LOT of money from people.. in fact .. I think they where asking for $200 as well.. and they had some incredibly exciting things to get people jazzed up .. and after everyone payed money to get into this incredible beta weekend... turns out the game itself was a giant piece of $&#t.

I really don't want this to be the case. Please start communicating a bit more with people. We ALL understand that you can't make these things for free. We ALL understand that you need to make money. We ALL (if we are into your IP, and C'mon.. DnD? .. ) WILL throw copious amounts of platinum's at your company.... Look at League of Legends.. Good lord have I spend money on that game.. but you know what ... Riot NEVER EVER makes me feel like I am in the dark about anything.. EVER .. they make every single member of their community feel like they are welcome to walk into a meeting in the Riot offices.. and participate.

Before the fanboys rage out on me (I am a fanboy too and most likely would have something to say if I was reading this rather than writing it.) YES. I am mad that I STILL have to wait after the excitement of holding the Golden Ticket in my hand. The heart pounding moments when you click enter and wait for the back end to tell you you have access to the Beta.. fearing that you miss typed a 4 and something will go wrong. Only to see the epic message YOU HAVE BEEN GRANTED BETA ACCESS. But actually .. not really .. we are just going to cram you in near the end cause.. you haven't given us any money yet....

Ouch .. Might as well kick me in the bag of holding.

Chances are I would have opened my wallet and tried to stuff 2x $100 bills into the CD tray on my tower 13 seconds after watching the loading screen animations. But now.. It's going to be a hard sell.. as my very first interaction with this company, has made me feel completely unimportant and like a number.

Oddwin.

Criticalmiss.jpg
  • paudraepaudrae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What he said ^^
  • czyaczya Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    oddwin1 wrote: »
    I have a beta key and It says I am registered for Beta. but when I go to download the game both of my options are greyed out and I can't download. It's Mid day on the 7th is there no pre load? Do I have to wait until midnight?

So .. turns out my Beta key falls under the category of "other" However .. it took me 2 hours to find out that I have a BETA key .. but it's EXTREMELY limited.

This is the kind of thing that leaves a VERY sour 'Diablo3' taste in peoples mouths. I am dying to throw my wallet at this game.. but everything I look at seems extremely vague and VERY hard to follow.

Beta access SHOULD mean beta access. Not limited beta access. Or at the very least.. CALL IT a limited beta access key..

IMO asking people to spend $60 - $200 for a product that 'lets be honest' is 97% unknown to the public is a bit silly. I have been under the impression that a 'beta' event is 50% for testing purposes, and 50% to start getting people pumped about the product. To make me pick up my phone and call all my friends with the excited ' Guys.. WOW..."

This really leaves an extremely sour taste in my mouth.

I can't help but be reminded of the hype machine that was The Secret World.. man it was good and MAN they collected a LOT of money from people.. in fact .. I think they where asking for $200 as well.. and they had some incredibly exciting things to get people jazzed up .. and after everyone payed money to get into this incredible beta weekend... turns out the game itself was a giant piece of $&#t.

I really don't want this to be the case. Please start communicating a bit more with people. We ALL understand that you can't make these things for free. We ALL understand that you need to make money. We ALL (if we are into your IP, and C'mon.. DnD? .. ) WILL throw copious amounts of platinum's at your company.... Look at League of Legends.. Good lord have I spend money on that game.. but you know what ... Riot NEVER EVER makes me feel like I am in the dark about anything.. EVER .. they make every single member of their community feel like they are welcome to walk into a meeting in the Riot offices.. and participate.

Before the fanboys rage out on me (I am a fanboy too and most likely would have something to say if I was reading this rather than writing it.) YES. I am mad that I STILL have to wait after the excitement of holding the Golden Ticket in my hand. The heart pounding moments when you click enter and wait for the back end to tell you you have access to the Beta.. fearing that you miss typed a 4 and something will go wrong. Only to see the epic message YOU HAVE BEEN GRANTED BETA ACCESS. But actually .. not really .. we are just going to cram you in near the end cause.. you haven't given us any money yet....

Ouch .. Might as well kick me in the bag of holding.

Chances are I would have opened my wallet and tried to stuff 2x $100 bills into the CD tray on my tower 13 seconds after watching the loading screen animations. But now.. It's going to be a hard sell.. as my very first interaction with this company, has made me feel completely unimportant and like a number.

Oddwin.

Criticalmiss.jpg

I agree with this except for The Secret World rant... I paid for the 200 dollar grand master pack for that game and still enjoy it to this day. So that just comes down to a matter of opinion, which we're all entitled to, but unnecessary for this argument.

But it was a let down to subscribe to the PC Mag for a beta code, only to find out it's not what they made it out to be.
  • kojancruxkojancrux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Meh, I'm rather poor, but even I mustered up the $60 needed to get me into the betas and 3 days of early access come launch. Yes I agree it's slightly lame how things are set BUT look at it this way.

Beta PHASES need to be just that, phases. By the first weekend beta being only founder pack buyers, it starts the testing with a smaller amount, and gives them money to speed up the rest of development. Then the second weekend throws in most of the other people expecting beta access. Third weekend, even more.

They're doing the beta like professionals, whether making money off it or not. They aren't doing a long Closed Beta, leading to long Open Beta, then Launch. They're doing it like other high quality/successful MMOs with weekend betas, and early access for "pre-orders" then to make them even cooler...a FREE TO PLAY LAUNCH. This gives them the pre-launch stability of a retail MMO, followed by the population of a F2P.

It's best people try to remember that they have certain ways they have to do things to make a game succeed. You might not GET IT or UNDERSTAND, but these people don't make games for themselves, or to make people mad. They make games for people to enjoy, spend money on, so that they can better it or make an even better one later.