test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    tauranttaurant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yeah... no kiddin' on the starter kit. $19.99 for absolute p!ss, and they claim it's $50 'value'. i'm getting more and more dubious. they better do some serious re-thinking or this is going to go down the toilet faster than last night's chili. heck, my 'Founder's Title' isn't even working in the forum...
    Nayr Taurant
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    My $20 kit gives some inventory room, a few heals, but,
    No phone no pool no pets
    I ain't got no cigarettes
    Ah but, two hours of pushing broom
    Buys a eight by twelve four bit room
    I'm a man of means by no means
    King of the road

It would have been sweet to get at least what the TL2 preorders were offered.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just saying a person has a right to post their opinion as long as it doesn't get personal. Some valifd points on markting were made even if negative and that's fine. Just at the end of the day a company will respond bases on its local economics and laws, and others who agree to that game are bound by that game company's/country's agreements.

Other games and other countries may vary from one another.

Carry on folks, but nicely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited February 2013
    guys if i am right the hero of north founder pack should give me exclusive access to the drow renegade class once once the beta is over right? so i need to buy it now if i want a drow renegade when the actual game starts? can someone confirm this for me? and if the extra items are kept once the actual game starts? someone else asked this as well any help would be appreciated

i dont really care if the characters get wiped when the actual game starts or if i dont get any of the extra items i would buy the $200 pack just for access to the drow renegade class also i think the extra character slots should be carried over right?

edit: vip access to log in is also worth it i think hopefully you keep the panther companion when the actual game starts im pretty sure thats in the hero of the north founder pack
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    guys if i am right the hero of north founder pack should give me exclusive access to the drow renegade class once once the beta is over right? so i need to buy it now if i want a drow renegade when the actual game starts? can someone confirm this for me? and if the extra items are kept once the actual game starts? someone else asked this as well any help would be appreciated

Yes only the pack gets you that drow class variant which will be sold throughout the beta weekends and the extra items carry over to launch minus any currency you already spent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited February 2013
    Yes only the pack gets you that drow class variant which will be sold throughout the beta weekends and the extra items carry over to launch minus any currency you already spent.

thanks for your fast reply truthseeker

thats great news i dont think ill be spending any currency then ill save it for the actual release
    the fact that you get vip access to log in when the game is actually released as well as the beta makes it well worth the money without any other bennefits in my opinion
    really looking forward to this release
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    the hero of the north founders pack also comes with a free beta code pass for one friend does that one person get garunteed access to the first beta weekend?

edit: i was also wondering what timezone the first beta weekend will start in

also if i buy the hero of the north founders pack how do i then play on the first beta weekend do i receive a cd in the mail to install the game or do i download the game from online?

any help would be appreciated

edit edit: im in australia
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kyllroy2 wrote: »
    No phone no pool no pets
    King of the road

Love Roger Miller. That's usually my karaoke warm-up song.
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What about consumables like pots/xp scrolls/reset skill item?
    Used in beta, they will be lost in live?
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    About the only thing I dont like about their priceing plan so far, is that they are provideing only 2 free slots. If it had been only 4, I would not be complaining. And of course, 6, one for each class would have been ideal. The more slots I have, the more I'm going to spend on fluff an stuff.

kyllroy2 wrote: »
    No phone no pool no pets
    King of the road

Jeeeesh, you guys must be as old as i am!!!
  • Options
    shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the hero of the north founders pack also comes with a free beta code pass for one friend does that one person get garunteed access to the first beta weekend?

edit: i was also wondering what timezone the first beta weekend will start in

also if i buy the hero of the north founders pack how do i then play on the first beta weekend do i receive a cd in the mail to install the game or do i download the game from online?

any help would be appreciated

edit edit: im in australia

I'm not 100% sure about the week that your friend would get beta access but I believe it would be whatever week they activate it for. So if they activate it now then they get in for only Feb 8. If they wait until after the Feb 8 weekend to activate it then it would be good for the March 8 weekend, and so on.

Cryptic is in the Pacific timezone (GMT -8).

The game will be available for download for beta testers sometime before the beta starts. The exact date/time hasn't been announced yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Originally Posted by Ghostly2a

In my day D&D was future tense!
  • Options
    therealfoxbattherealfoxbat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow, that's pretty classy perfect world. I preordered torchlight 2 for your claimed "beta access" almost a year ago. 4/26/2012 to be exact. Now I'm finding out that said beta access only for a couple weekends and only after the people that just now that are paying for founders access get to try it out?
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't a beta to help you test out bugs and to help players decide if they WANT to pay for the game? The only reason I ordered from your site was for the access to the beta, otherwise I would have just gone with steam. And if I'd known that this is how you were gonna run the beta access... I would have gone with steam(and for me, already owning torchlight 1 it wasn't that great of a deal it just would have been much more convenient to have it on steam with 99% of my other games.). You're doing a fairly big disservice to your fans by doing this. The beta access helps YOU a lot more than it helps us. We're going to be the ones stress testing your servers and finding bugs. Yes I'll admit that early game access is nice, but at the same time this early game access is going to help us decide if we want to PAY for your game. Here's a hint though, with the way you're doing this I'm definitely leaning towards not doing so unless it's something SPECTACULAR. Keep in mind you're going to be competeing with other big MMOs coming out, namely The Elder Scrolls Online. Good luck.
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    .... Now I'm finding out that said beta access only for a couple weekends ...

Hmm, I beleive if you read through all the threds announceing these beta weekends, and sift through some of the developers postings, you will find that these 3 weekend dates are only the first ones to be announced. More weekend dates will be announced later. Also, it is a statement of truth ( could not resist the pun ) that more than likely there will also be a extended continous closed beta before they start up open beta. So, to put it as a Texan might, "Now hold yur horses there Pardner". The beta train aint left the station yet, not even after these first 3 weekends, so you TL2 folks aint missed nut'in yet. So just take yur High Horse back ta thu barn an put yur tack back up and comb out yur mount will ya.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    shonsu5320 wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure about the week that your friend would get beta access but I believe it would be whatever week they activate it for. So if they activate it now then they get in for only Feb 8. If they wait until after the Feb 8 weekend to activate it then it would be good for the March 8 weekend, and so on.

Cryptic is in the Pacific timezone (GMT -8).

The game will be available for download for beta testers sometime before the beta starts. The exact date/time hasn't been announced yet.

okay thanks for that information

fingers crossed that the bonus beta key code for a friend is usuable on the first beta weekend
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    does anyone know why my new profile picture isnt showing up on the forums? it shows up on my profile
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    does anyone know why my new profile picture isnt showing up on the forums? it shows up on my profile
    There is an Avatar and signature thread in the moonstone mask/ art and fiction section. Lots more info in there as well about posting pictures and such.
  • Options
    ghrysghrys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Still no word on when the PC Gamer + other beta keys will be for?
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    quick question. when the first closed beta starts can anyone download the game (and of course if your not accepted in the first beta you cant log in) or only those who get into the first closed beta weekend? My tax money is coming but i gotta activate my card etc. etc. etc. but it will def be here before the 10th (expected 5th or 6th) but if something goes werong and say it dosent come till the 9th can we still download the game ahead of time cuz im going to buy the guardian pack but i dont wanna wait for the download if say i purchase it during beta. (crosses fingers card activation will be done by the 5th)(money by the 6th)
  • Options
    jiguur1jiguur1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello, so download section ( direct and torrent) are not activated yet?
    Dominatin' force of Mongolia:mad:
  • Options
    shado152shado152 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    which weekend will those who used a friend code from the *Hero of the north* pack get into
    Beta Testing Pending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gutbusterfiendgutbusterfiend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    @ Devs When will downloading be open for people who have beta invites or have purchased founders pack? I would not want to miss the first weekend or any weekends due to internet connection ect...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    quote_icon.png Originally Posted by kyllroy2 viewpost-right.pngMy $20 kit gives some inventory room, a few heals, but,
    No phone no pool no pets
    King of the road

ghosty2a wrote: »

Ah, but, two hours of playin' games...

Buys a dye pack, not horse's reigns.
    I'm a gamer but not now epeen,
    King of the Game!

Thank you Roger and singin' it too Dean....not that old but too old anyway :)

ghosty2a wrote: »
    Hmm, I beleive if you read through all the threds announceing these beta weekends, and sift through some of the developers postings, you will find that these 3 weekend dates are only the first ones to be announced. More weekend dates will be announced later. Also, it is a statement of truth ( could not resist the pun ) that more than likely there will also be a extended continous closed beta before they start up open beta. So, to put it as a Texan might, "Now hold yur horses there Pardner". The beta train aint left the station yet, not even after these first 3 weekends, so you TL2 folks aint missed nut'in yet. So just take yur High Horse back ta thu barn an put yur tack back up and comb out yur mount will ya.

You made me proud to have eaten chili this superbowl day Pardner :)
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    quick question. when the first closed beta starts can anyone download the game (and of course if your not accepted in the first beta you cant log in) or only those who get into the first closed beta weekend? My tax money is coming but i gotta activate my card etc. etc. etc. but it will def be here before the 10th (expected 5th or 6th) but if something goes werong and say it dosent come till the 9th can we still download the game ahead of time cuz im going to buy the guardian pack but i dont wanna wait for the download if say i purchase it during beta. (crosses fingers card activation will be done by the 5th)(money by the 6th)

When you are selected to play you will have access to download the client. Yes there will be time to download the client before your game start time, but short of you buying the Founder pack deal, i can't say what the phased access will be for individual users.

Whether or not this makes you buy the pack and/or use headstart will be up to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shado152 wrote: »
    which weekend will those who used a friend code from the *Hero of the north* pack get into

I don't remember seeing if this question has been answered yet. And the friend invite code is conspicuously absent from the OP list of keys. So does anybody have an official answer yet? I believe its day with one the heroes of the north.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited February 2013
    When will this be further updated? :/
    I'd like to know which beta weekends I'd be able to play in for my PC Gamer code...
  • Options
    darkdeathrapdarkdeathrap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    I'm a Star Trek Online Lifetime sub :) will I get the beta key by E-mail or will it automatically be applied to the account? And any idea when the first set of Keys will be sent?

Thanks ;)
  • Options
    eslavaceslavac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think it depends on when they register the key. Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscribers & Champions Online Lifetime Subscribers get into Beta Weekend 2 & 3 but not 1. If your friend doesn't have either of these he'll have to pick which Beta he wants to be part of. Simply register the key before the start of 1,2 or 3rd beta test.
    shado152 wrote: »
  • Options
    vielassielvielassiel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This just comes to show how greedy Perfect World really is.
    I'm pretty sure they will ruin this game with greed just like they have done with all of their other games.
    Pay to win. I mean look at the game Perfect World for example... see all those private servers?
    It's not a wonder why there are so many.. and why people strived to get one out so bad.

I mean look at CoH.. it went down without a private server.
    So don't even try to claim that all games end up with a private server.. I could name plenty that never had one.

As a fan of the Neverwinter Nights games.. when I saw this, I had high hopes, granted that the two games are not the same but that is the initial reason of me being interested in this game, and with that said I'm HIGHLY dissapointed in the fact that PW is publishing this game. I've never seen a game come out from them that wasn't a grind-tastic money grubbing pay to win game.

Perhaps my assumptions will be proven wrong.. but I highly doubt it.

This isn't to say that Perfect world isn't a good company in the sense of being stable and taking care of it's PAYING customers.. but if you are going to make a game free to play.. DO IT RIGHT. I have no problem with paying a company who does good with their games, but I do have a problem with companys who make the game nearly pointless to play without paying and / or are money hungry.

Some of you may argue that I'm saying the game is pay to win.. my point is.. Perfect world is and has always been a money hungry company and regardless if it is pay to win or not.. they will milk the money out of you until you are dry.

I mean come on.. forcing you to pay $200 to be in the beta? I understand paying $60.. but to make all of the beta tests exclusive to these.. and/ or exclusive to the players who paid a large amount in other games when others have been following the progression of this game since the very moment the first bit of information was released is simply absurd. I could understand keeping a couple exclusive for those players, but it doesn't end there, they then get picky and say "OH well if you pre-ordered this game on STEAM you don't get in! You have to pre-order it through us!" I mean for goodness sakes, who cares? Woopty it came with Torchlight 1 as well as 2, this does not stop you in any way from allowing those players to also join in. They pre-ordered the game. Be happy. Instead.. they want to be picky. I understand that it was known ahead of time how it would work and that isn't the issue.. the issue is how absurd the fact is. It shouldn't matter. Period.

I personally find the way this Beta is being handled to be unfair, especially for us users who have been with PW and playing their games for YEARS. It's understandable to an extent, but to make the entire beta based off of who spent the most money (and sadly some who spent MORE than the founders pack will STILL not be able to join) is ridiculous and unjust.

With all of this being said.. to everyone who wants into the beta, your best bet for the lack of confusion or 'wasted' money.
    Buy the $60 package, wait for a friend to purchase the founders pack and give you a key, or wait until the free keys are released. (Who knows when this will happen)

Or.. simply don't play the beta that you have been waiting so patiently for.. and just wait until Open beta is released and enjoy the open beta garbage with no reward for supporting this team for so long, along side with enjoying the money hungry team that is going to milk ever more out of you.

Sorry to go on a rant, I like the games this team puts out.. I hate the way the team manages it.
    For all of the people who are offended by this post, I apologize.
    The intention is not to upset you, it is to simply express my views on this team which has over the years.. irritated me more and more.

I hope the best for the community and the game.. I really do.. but I somehow feel it will be trashed by the team.
    We shall see.

(Also.. I'm on a new account, but I have an older account as well)
  • Options
    draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    UPDATE: Please note that this is not the final list and is a work-in-progress. We're still evaluating our Beta Weekend plans and making sure that everyone has a fair chance to join us in Neverwinter Beta. A more final and complete list will be available once our plans are finalized. Thank you for understanding.

Greetings! Here is information on who will get access to our three Beta Weekends. We'll be updating this thread often so check back here for the latest information:

Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:
    • Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    • Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24
    • Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    • RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    • Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    • PC Gamer promotional keys.
    • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.
    • Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
    • Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
    • And more!

noticed still no update on when all the others get into the beta huh? so sad.
  • Options
    jolith1jolith1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have ben signed up for the betta for months and have still not got a key code. Am I going to get one soon?