test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    ming666ming666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If I pay $200 for the founder pack and find out in beta that I really hate this game because it is too wow-like and no longer want to play this game or I feel the benefits comes with it doesn't justify the $200 price tag. So do I get a refund?
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ming666 wrote: »
    If I pay $200 for the founder pack and find out in beta that I really hate this game because it is too wow-like and no longer want to play this game or I feel the benefits comes with it doesn't justify the $200 price tag. So do I get a refund?

No that's like reading a book and getting to the end and coming back and asking for a refund...the answer would be no there too. Or wearing a suit out to a party and then bringing it back because it didn't look right. These packs will be available through the testing period as per a tweet for Neverwinter game. So wait and buy later...
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ming666 wrote: »
    Anyone not willing to lose money, should not spend it in Founder packs, pre-purchases, pre-orders or similars. Nor gamble.
  • Options
    linkothefoxlinkothefox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    so those why subscribed for beta in the beginning before any of these promotions get last go eh?

thats pretty low, we aren't even on the list at this point.

i clicked for beta the week it was announced.
    i waited this long only to find out that dont mean anything to the devs and only paying customers are respected, look forward to see how much you restrict free players.

Heheh. Funny post.
    So, these devs should let you into their beta to play their game (because we ALL KNOW that you don't want to actually -test- the game. You just want to see what it's like.) for free, absolutely nothing, zilch, and for no real reason at all other than 'first dibs!' right? What'd you do for them? They are developing a form of entertainment for you, albeit it will be free when it comes out, but alas it is not currently out. What makes you more entitled than the other thousands of people who want in on this when you have done jack-all to show it?
  • Options
    gimpdaddy69gimpdaddy69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

So how will you pay me when you lose?

i'll develop a game and give you free access to it a week before i put it on steam ;)
  • Options
    selanyaselanya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can't wait to seek duke it out in the dungeons in Neverwinter, I look forward to what adventures awaits us. Also waiting to see some epic and or unique storylines. Yay, yay ;);)
    Founder of Neverwinter since 1/31/2013
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I'd like to take this opportunity to point people to the Developer Tracker. Many repeated questions can easily be seen as answered by reviewing just the first page or two there. Cheers!
  • Options
    narcolepticjedinarcolepticjedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i'll develop a game and give you free access to it a week before i put it on steam ;)

Lets assume you had half the knowledge and talent required to figure out how to start developing a game worthy of making it to Steam. Why then are you spending your time trolling a forum for the discussion of a game that has not yet announced a launch date?

You bought a game, which came with the bonus of giving you access to the closed beta test of another game. It did not guarantee how much time, or when that time would begin. You got exactly what you paid for, and from what I have heard from friends who also purchased the game, it was money that was well spent.

Get over yourself.

You'll get into beta in due time.
  • Options
    nexus7000nexus7000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I agree totally with the way the Beta invites will be issued. The wants of the individual will be many but the reality of what must happen for perpetuation of the game is singular. Think forward a little.
  • Options
    kingaultkingault Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    nexus7000 wrote: »
    I agree totally with the way the Beta invites will be issued. The wants of the individual will be many but the reality of what must happen for perpetuation of the game is singular. Think forward a little.

Yes, because $200 for the ability to test for six extra days(AhemStressTestAhem) is completely necessary.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    kingault wrote: »
    Yes, because $200 for the ability to test for six extra days(AhemStressTestAhem) is completely necessary.
    I don't think you completely missed the point, you just don't want to see it. This is what is called facing reality.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Can I say as well that 200$ is not necessary to play from BEta 1 onwards there is another cheaper option if you go back and check the details. 200$ then is a choice.
  • Options
    gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm wondering, on the torchlight 2 pre orders, is this for everyone that pre ordered it (IE through steam, etc) or only for those that pre ordered through PW?
  • Options
    narcolepticjedinarcolepticjedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You dont need a game worthy, you just have to pay them to host it, STeam will host anything.

You do however have to have the knowledge and talent to figure out how to start developing said game.
  • Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    kingault wrote: »

Look I think the $200 price tag is a bit high, but it is not $200 for the "ability" to test for 6 extra days. You get a whole lot more for the $200 than the 6 days. I find it extremely sad that you and all the rest of the people complaining in this way are so totally misleading. You and the rest are worse than the media in the US cherry picking pieces of facts and not telling the whole story just to sway the ignorant to your point of view. If the point is just to "get in early" then get a key another way that doesn't involve all the additional things you get for your money with either the $60 or $200 founders packages. If it is so important to you that you get those "6 days" then spend the money to get what you want.
  • Options
    tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    gyloir wrote: »
    I'm wondering, on the torchlight 2 pre orders, is this for everyone that pre ordered it (IE through steam, etc) or only for those that pre ordered through PW?

I can't quote you chapter and verse ie what thread I seen this answer in but the beta key was for preorder through PW and steam got torchlight one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    kingaultkingault Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Can I say as well that 200$ is not necessary to play from BEta 1 onwards there is another cheaper option if you go back and check the details. 200$ then is a choice.

Didn't see the change. No need to assume that everyone checks for updates. Due to my experiences with Turbine, I stopped.
    Still, the extra beta time could be more than a few stress tests. Whatever, I'll just wait for open beta.

Not going to bother responding to keirkin's flame post.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Heheh. Funny post.
    So, these devs should let you into their beta to play their game (because we ALL KNOW that you don't want to actually -test- the game. You just want to see what it's like.) for free, absolutely nothing, zilch, and for no real reason at all other than 'first dibs!' right? What'd you do for them? They are developing a form of entertainment for you, albeit it will be free when it comes out, but alas it is not currently out. What makes you more entitled than the other thousands of people who want in on this when you have done jack-all to show it?

To be fair, he or she DOES have three k's in their one word handle. I only have 3 t's, and that's in two words, so I REALLY need to catch up!

No I'm not saying who is or isn't more worthy. Those who might be are likely under NDA anyway :)

A moot point, the pack includes access and as such is part of the contract. and no individual values were assigned. PW is up a creek on this one, the NDA after the fact would be voided.

Now for the good news, you have 3 days from issue of a contract to offer amendments. To amend it legally you would have to contact each person who bought it individually and tell them of the amendment. The would then have 3 days to respond and either accept or reject the amendment, and if they reject it, PW would be resposible for issuing a full refund, plus cost incurred (currency exchange fees for example) or be sugjected to the laws governing defaulted contract.

In any event, NDA or NOT, use of pictures, videos or accounts of gameplay for profit would be forbidden since I assume PW was smart enough to copyright it. So worse case scenario, you are looking at people talking about the game, and stating they are infact beta testers, which since you give them forum titles would seem kinda silly for you to argue.

The only thing you could not stop that would be damaging would be the discussion of Bugs publicly.

Might want to offer that refund to cover your butts, but I really think most of this is a non issue, since there are already forums out there dedicate to discussing bugs in the Alpha.

Second word in quote fixed unless you meant a silent point, but then it would be hard to listen
    to the reply ;)
    I can't comment on the NDA as my details would be blocked by the NDA...and I think I would somehow obliterate the multiverse if I keep thinking like this when I did.
    Lets assume you had half the knowledge and talent required to figure out how to start developing a game worthy of making it to Steam. Why then are you spending your time trolling a forum for the discussion of a game that has not yet announced a launch date?

You bought a game, which came with the bonus of giving you access to the closed beta test of another game. It did not guarantee how much time, or when that time would begin. You got exactly what you paid for, and from what I have heard from friends who also purchased the game, it was money that was well spent.

Get over yourself.

You'll get into beta in due time.

Chill, their reply was a joke, see their smiley.

QFT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    iamtruthseeker, could you let me know if you got my message?
  • Options
    jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Well i really want to help the NWO Team, but only for you information:

CASE 1: US$ 200 in Brazil's curent money are R$ 396.
    Case 2: US$ 60 in Brazil's current money are R$ 118,80.

Here 85% of all people receive R$ 622 / month (we mensure our job payment monthly). The average player will must choice pay their monthly house rent or the packages in case 1 or buy new clothes or the packages in case 2 if he want "help" the NWO Team.

I REALLY WANT TO HELP THE TEAM, ITS WHY I'M TELLING THIS. I don't included the money exchange fees in that values!!!

I actually play the Age of Wushu closed beta. I paid US$ 9,90 for 60 days VIP Acess, 1 permanent mount, 100 gold (to buy cosmetic or game money) and 3 (maybe 4) daily gifts (like xp boosts, itens and reputation). The VIP status grant offline shops, offline training (skill leveling), offline jobs (money earning) and 60 days of playing in advantage when the game opens for all. FOR US$ 9,90!!!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Unfortunately, the game's debut is based on the US and possibly the portal EU and AS (or specifically China')s pricing competitiveness We apologize if this purely luxury offering which is not beta mandatory is too costly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Unfortunately, the game's debut is based on the US and possibly the portal EU and AS (or specifically China')s pricing competitiveness We apologize if this purely luxury offering which is not beta mandatory is too costly.

Yes, the team can just close your eyes and ignore Brazilian players. I REALLY dont understand this situation, youre saying me "gain nothing is better than gain a little"..... Just look at the price and the advantages from Age of Wushu.

AoW
    60 days headstart
    1 permanent mount
    100 gold (exchangeable to "game money" or used to buy cash itens)
    A LOT of offline options (offline stalls and shops, offline training for skill leveling without play, offline job to earn money)
    4 daily gifts (includes xp boosts, reputation boosts, consumable itens, cosmetic itens, etc)

All this for US$ 9,90.

In my viewpoint your pricing policy are wrong EVEN if the price machs with benefits just because the players dont know the game! If i had time to play the full released game, like 1 week or 2 i will be able to make my opinion abou it. But in this way we will pay for something we dont know if we will like.

If you need capitalize to continue the developing the game i surely think its better make "little promotions" acessible to all instead "huge packs" to a reduced number of players. I want to expend money to improve my experience when game full release but i dont think a Phanter are extremely necessary to it, even if it was a unique and exclusive item. If the phanter become a "boosted companion" the game will turn in Pay-to-Win and i will fell happy in not put any money on it.
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PW - im curious how this game will NOT be pay2win.
    Last game iv played - Raiderz - was unplayable becouse of high real-money cost of respec book. To test different build on my hard-worked char, my choice was:
    1. spend high amount of real money (dont remember how much but something like 20-30$)
    2. reroll and level up new char and forget all time iv invested to get levels.

And when i see in Founder Packs item called "1 RESPEC TOKEN" - it just stinks for me.

Question: how much will cost respec in Neverwinter? I assume i will be FORCED to spend real money to respec my build but how much - (3$ or 30$)?
    And why the heck price in euro is much higher than in $? Its like 30% more in my country currency (!!!)

And BTW - both Battle of immortals and War of Immortals (Perfect World games) were HEAVY PAY2WIN games.
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    *Waiting to see how much will cost CHOSEN OF MYSTRA PACKAGE*:p
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, the team can just close your eyes and ignore Brazilian players. I REALLY dont understand this situation, youre saying me "gain nothing is better than gain a little"..... Just look at the price and the advantages from Age of Wushu.

AoW
    60 days headstart
    1 permanent mount
    100 gold (exchangeable to "game money" or used to buy cash itens)
    A LOT of offline options (offline stalls and shops, offline training for skill leveling without play, offline job to earn money)
    4 daily gifts (includes xp boosts, reputation boosts, consumable itens, cosmetic itens, etc)

All this for US$ 9,90.

In my viewpoint your pricing policy are wrong EVEN if the price machs with benefits just because the players dont know the game! If i had time to play the full released game, like 1 week or 2 i will be able to make my opinion abou it. But in this way we will pay for something we dont know if we will like.

If you need capitalize to continue the developing the game i surely think its better make "little promotions" acessible to all instead "huge packs" to a reduced number of players. I want to expend money to improve my experience when game full release but i dont think a Phanter are extremely necessary to it, even if it was a unique and exclusive item. If the phanter become a "boosted companion" the game will turn in Pay-to-Win and i will fell happy in not put any money on it.

You are essentially asking PWE (and by extension all of its other paying customers) to subsidize your tax burden.
    You are being fairly charged the same amount as every other customer.
    The difference is being imposed by your government.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    You are essentially asking PWE (and by extension all of its other paying customers) to subsidize your tax burden.
    You are being fairly charged the same amount as every other customer.
    The difference is being imposed by your government.

Friend, i'm not asking you to pay my bills or give me money. I think if you really know how to read. in the worst scenario youre not following the posts.

1 - i must say you can sell anythink and put the price you want. PWE can sell 1 weekend for US$ 500, dont matter to me.....

2 - only for your information i played DDO for 5 years. i expended some money on it and i improved A LOT my experience. Monk class, Drow, Favored Soul, Vale of twiklight, sands of menechtarun, Devil of shavarath, Inspired quarter 1 and 2, Vault of Night, Phiarlan carnival, Sentinels of stormreach, and other packs.... I got VIP status for like 1 year and a lot of turbine points.... The point here is the fact i expended like US$ 19,90 / month to get full acess to the game. PLEASE DONT TALK TO ME AS IF I WHERE A BEGGAR.

3 - i show the fact of Brazilian money just about the PWE will loose a great public here. So its why i dont understand "gain nothing is better than gain a little".

4 - age of wushu give 100X more bonuses at 100X lower prices than PWE. Its a fact.

5 - my sense of entitlement is not absurd. you can pay for what you want. i only want to say you will pay for something you dont knlow if you will like. Normally even people who can swim in money dont want to trhow it in the trash. You will pay US$ 200 in a unfinished game. Here in Brazil when a shop want to sell something new they give a free samples or sell small parcel of the produict, not a great closed package at full cost.

6 - Just my opinion as someone who studied Bussines Administration for 7 years: in this case, i feel better sell a little package at US$ 9,99 granting small amenities in game and get the pockets full of money than sell great packages at US$ 60 and 200 to a very restricted universe of players. Maybe i can be wrong but the people who dont like these promotions are wining the peoplo who like it for like 30 X 1. So, 30 little packs at 9,90 gives US$ 299,70 and 1 Great package at 200 gives you, huh, US$ 200. Again, just like Age of Wushu team did. Theyr server are full of people who got the vip status like me.
  • Options
    xolniaxolnia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah you know that's probably not going to happen. I'd guess we might get in on the third test. Kinda angry I dropped $20 on a PC gamer subscription almost primarily for the beta key now...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, i got a PC gamer too.; I paid almost double of his value in US$ just for a MOUNT... i thinking i did a bad deal.....