test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• kriyos2kriyos2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    amorra wrote: »
    First, signing up for a closed beta never EVER guaranteed you a spot in the closed beta. (I have signed up for many and have only gotten into a few.) This has nothing to do with ‘priority’ or ‘paying customers first’. It has everything to do with luck (or having the right computer specs).

Second, they have stated numerous times that ‘free keys’ WILL be in the first few weekends of closed testing. They simply have yet to decide what keys are going to get in during what week. (Will the Facebook keys get week 1 or 3? Will the Torchlight 2 Preorders get in week 1 or 2? So on and so forth.)

The only thing buying the Founders Packs does is grant in-game content and a guaranteed slot into all three of the current weekend betas. Other people (beta sign-ups and promotional give-a-ways) will be playing on weekend 1. As it stands right now, the Founder’s Packs is limited to those three weekends and does not necessarily mean ‘paying customers’ will get into any additional closed betas. (This may simply be poor wording by the PR team, so I am very likely to be wrong.)

You should generally wait until you see a wolf, to cry wolf.

Im sorry but why are you confirming my post and then accuse me of crying wolf.

All i have written is true: First the paying customers, then the promotional customers. I have never complained about that. Please learn to read before you are writing useless hunks of texts.
  • vielassielvielassiel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    noticed still no update on when all the others get into the beta huh? so sad.
    Well.. if you consider that to be sad.. then you must not have many sad events happen in your life. I hope it stays that way, for your sake.

Also, to answer your question, I did notice that, however I know how PW is far too well to even assume much will change. But again, as I stated.. I hope they prove me wrong. :]

Peace.
    amorra wrote: »
    First, signing up for a closed beta never EVER guaranteed you a spot in the closed beta. (I have signed up for many and have only gotten into a few.) This has nothing to do with ‘priority’ or ‘paying customers first’. It has everything to do with luck (or having the right computer specs).

Second, they have stated numerous times that ‘free keys’ WILL be in the first few weekends of closed testing. They simply have yet to decide what keys are going to get in during what week. (Will the Facebook keys get week 1 or 3? Will the Torchlight 2 Preorders get in week 1 or 2? So on and so forth.)

The only thing buying the Founders Packs does is grant in-game content and a guaranteed slot into all three of the current weekend betas. Other people (beta sign-ups and promotional give-a-ways) will be playing on weekend 1. As it stands right now, the Founder’s Packs is limited to those three weekends and does not necessarily mean ‘paying customers’ will get into any additional closed betas. (This may simply be poor wording by the PR team, so I am very likely to be wrong.)

You should generally wait until you see a wolf, to cry wolf.

As far as the above quote goes.. even though it was not directed toward me, but does have valid points which also could be used to argue my post.. I'll go ahead and make a comment on this one as well.

What you said makes sense and I hope that you are correct, however.. as you have even stated.. you don't know for sure.

I have no issues with the paid customers getting week 1 to their selves, but the whole point of a closed beta is to help the dev. team figure out how things are REALLY going to work on a large scale of different computer specs, network systems, etc. They should be happy to allow people into their closed beta without having to pay in order to join. Now with that being said, I understand that they will be releasing other keys and will give others the chance to join even if they do not pay, but I feel like the people who pay should only be promised a slot in the beta along side with all the extra bonuses they will get.. instead of giving them exclusive time, but for 1 week.. is not that big of a deal. Lets hope they keep it this way and don't keep others from testing their game longer than what is suspected here..

In the end.. by keeping people out.. it will only hurt them and no one else.. so again they should be happy. Now I understand not all people who want in the beta will be able to partake.. which is fair enough, it isn't a release, it's a test.. which is the very thing that should be stressed here. Especially considering that just about every closed beta gets wiped anyway.. so it would be in their best interest NOT to hold back when it comes to releasing the keys.. they should release them at the time of the closed beta being opened. If they truly want to test their servers and the game appropriately.. they may want to consider this.

But something they could do.. is allow the people who pay.. to have a headstart when it is no longer in closed beta. That would make a WHOLE lot more sense.
  • adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited February 2013
    I bought the Guardian Pack (59.99). I still have not gotten a beta key. Am I missing something here? Any other GP buyers still not gotten a beta key?

Thanks.
  • anjellicaanjellica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I also purchased the Guardian Pack and haven't received a beta key yet
  • magmofdmagmofd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Can you see the Beta forum? Does the NW starting page say "DOWNLOAD" in big orange letters? (http://nw.perfectworld.com/)

Then you are set my good friend. By linking the founder package to your account you were automatically flagged for beta.

-M
  • jiguur1jiguur1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    magmofd wrote: »
    Can you see the Beta forum? Does the NW starting page say "DOWNLOAD" in big orange letters? (http://nw.perfectworld.com/)

Then you are set my good friend. By linking the founder package to your account you were automatically flagged for beta.

-M

So you are saying that if "DOWNLOAD NOW" button is active you can enter beta 1.2.3?
    I've already downloaded NEVERWINTER but don't know will i enter beta 1.2.3
    Dominatin' force of Mongolia:mad:
  • grimlenkadogrimlenkado Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    trollbogan wrote: »
    I preordered Torchlight 2 via Steam. How will I recieve my beta access?

If you preordered via Steam then the only thing you're going to get was the copy of torchlight 1 which you've already gotten you had to buy it from runic themselves (or maybe the perfect world website) can't remember exactly but if the preordered didn't say neverwinter beta key then you won't be receiving one.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kriyos2 wrote: »
    Im sorry but why are you confirming my post and then accuse me of crying wolf.

All i have written is true: First the paying customers, then the promotional customers. I have never complained about that. Please learn to read before you are writing useless hunks of texts.

Actyually, all members are entered in different phases. Including the beginning.
    I bought the Guardian Pack (59.99). I still have not gotten a beta key. Am I missing something here? Any other GP buyers still not gotten a beta key?

Thanks.
    anjellica wrote: »
    I also purchased the Guardian Pack and haven't received a beta key yet

It's automatically applied to your account. No key.

jiguur1 wrote: »
    So you are saying that if "DOWNLOAD NOW" button is active you can enter beta 1.2.3?
    I've already downloaded NEVERWINTER but don't know will i enter beta 1.2.3

Yes. IF you can download the client, it's VERY likely you have been selected! Congratulations if it turns out so!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited February 2013
    Okay I just bought a Hero of the North Founders pack and i got the email and clicked through it to confirm except now i dont have a hero of the north forum title

anyone know whats going on?

i got another email with the beta key for a friend

but from what i have read the hero of the north founders pack should be automatically applied upon purchase

any help would be appreciated
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay I just bought a Hero of the North Founders pack and i got the email and clicked through it to confirm except now i dont have a hero of the north forum title

anyone know whats going on?

i got another email with the beta key for a friend

but from what i have read the hero of the north founders pack should be automatically applied upon purchase

any help would be appreciated

Everybody, please check the sticky thread titles in news and discussion before posting questions. Many users fail to do this and ask questions here and could see their answers there. In this case, the user has to enable their title which this thread details how to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foodlefoodle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wife and I are life time members to Champions online and have yet to get any beta invite. Whats the deal?
  • magmofdmagmofd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Did you read the POST JUST ABOVE THE ONE YOU MADE?

Let me search that info for you this one time
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first!
    Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24
    Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers
    Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

You are welcome
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Everybody, please check the sticky thread titles in news and discussion before posting questions. Many users fail to do this and ask questions here and could see their answers there. In this case, the user has to enable their title which this thread details how to do.

thanks for the info.

I didn't ask, but was browsing forums, not setting tittle and ava.

BTW, I can't download,no button available, even though I should be in this weekend group.
    edited February 2013
    BTW, I can't download,no button available, even though I should be in this weekend group.
    Read the Beta forum for more info on this
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    magmofd wrote: »
    Read the Beta forum for more info on this

just did that while browsing more... just seconds before my post I logged in to set avatar and tittle, so didn't "see the light"
  • caverndragoncaverndragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How long is the founders pack going to be available? Come on uncle sam. Tax refund on the way already..
    If it moves, KILL IT!
  • gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Holy mother of God, if I was a moderator I'd go crazy with all these stupid posts and repeat questions. Learn to read a bit and look for information on your own.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • jiguur1jiguur1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    • PC Gamer promotional keys.
    • PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.
    • Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
    • Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
    • And more!
    [/QUOTE]
    any update here
    Dominatin' force of Mongolia:mad:
  • adamnoxadamnox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gaymer87 wrote: »
    Holy mother of God, if I was a moderator I'd go crazy with all these stupid posts and repeat questions. Learn to read a bit and look for information on your own.

really? If they want 200 bucks to play a f2p they'll answer as many questions as many times as they have to and they'll like it.
  • eslavaceslavac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I believe like Star Trek Online lifetime Subscribers you'll be invited to Beta #2 & 3
    foodle wrote: »
    Wife and I are life time members to Champions online and have yet to get any beta invite. Whats the deal?
  • painy13painy13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so. can u say now. Beta weekend have NDA or no?
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 859 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    adamnox wrote: »
    really? If they want 200 bucks to play a f2p they'll answer as many questions as many times as they have to and they'll like it.

Can't agree more. To the individual, it may get annoying seeing the same questions asked repeatedly. But if Cryptic wants people to purchase their product (sight unseen as it were), they better damn well be prepared to answer their potential customers questions, no matter how many times it's asked.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • ebonogiebonogi Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I for one am excited for the Beta. i hope all is well with it and the free ones get in soon too.
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    painy13 wrote: »

Just assume it will. Most likely it will since it's closed beta and most (if not all) closed betas have an NDA.

When you log in for the beta you will have to agree to the NDA if one is present, then you will know for sure if there is one.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    painy13 wrote: »

Well while the client was down loading, I took the time to click on the terms link at the bottom of the page. There is a whole section on dissclosure, disscussion and otherwise talking about the game while playing this beta trial version. And yes, it is an NDA. So keep all disscussions with in these PWE/CRYPTIC NWO beta forums, and not in the open forums or any other external sites. Read to win.
    And i just gotta add, that even this Half-Orc was able to figure out how to find out if there was an NDA or not. !!! =:)
  • scypheroth87scypheroth87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so any news for the PC Gamer beta codes? When do we get in beta?
    banner-1_zpsb5e0d15b.jpg
  • zerickzerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Looking forward to the beta :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vankillianvankillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the 8th can't get here quick enough, just got the guardian pack and downloaded the game!
  • grimlenkadogrimlenkado Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Anyone know around what time on Friday it starts? or should i just sit there clicking F5 from midnight? :P
  • vincentvalkvincentvalk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hmm this is nice so the game was advertised as free to play but in reality if you want to play you have to pay real smooth