test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As for those who were here earlier, I'm trying to see if there is any way to verify the old-timer users (very difficult since the PWE forum merger back in May 2012) and get them prioritized, but if any simply got the beta keys mentioned, there is no guarantee WHEN those keys will phase in for access.

I like the sound of this as I've been here since the beginning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    shonsu5320 wrote: »
    I like the sound of this as I've been here since the beginning.

Yep Shonsu joined pre-merge
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    luminal81luminal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Happy for "the dates", it means NWO is coming...i would like an ongoing CB, but we'll "probably"? have later.
    A thing i don't like..."to be revealed" for other keys...keys purchased or given really soon...they've to be planned and this information has the same importance of the Founder Packs. CB keys are people following this game for a lot of time, pre-ordering TL, purchasing PcGamer, lifetime subs...not free keys like i read before.
  • Options
    djneo86pldjneo86pl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi guys, all the best cannot wait for next part of Neverwinter! Hope I will be one of thousands who will get the key! Best Regards from Polish fan!

Dj_NEO_
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    HAHAHAA!!!!! Right after my obligatory birthday giant sized Alabama Slammer, and a goods nights I awake to birthday greetings and NWO BETA ANNOUNCEMENTS!?

Well thank you very much for the birthday wishes and thoughts.. and yeah.. thanks to Cryptic too for giving us all some presents!! :)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    storattstoratt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    OMG PWE,What you are now selling BETA Tests?
  • Options
    sarrivinsarrivin Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Of course it might :). But I still think it would be very useful for me, as a big Neverwinter Portal founder, to know the game right from the start and even earlier.
    When you support a game by maintaining site with news etc., it's good to know how to present the game from good angles. There's always a lot of negativity and false assumptions in MMO player base, and I like to address them with knowledge & competence. Getting into early phases of beta would make a pioneer, and that's very useful from experience (after NDA drops you're kind of a legend to newer players ;)).
    Creator of rising, Polish Neverwinter Portal: www.neverwinter.com.pl
    My Polish D&D Online Portal: www.ddopl.com Style: Roleplayer, Explorer, Monster Killer.
    Young Musician, Admin, RPG/MMO fan and story writer, Freelancer.
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    storatt wrote: »
    OMG PWE,What you are now selling BETA Tests?
    Instead of being paid for testing their game, you pay them!!! :O
  • Options
    borisbotborisbot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited January 2013
    This might be off topic but can we also get a dollar conversion on the astral diamonds? How much AD would I get for 1$?

"The same as the ratio of unicorns to leprechauns. " Stanley Hudson

:p had to do it
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited January 2013
    Updated. Again, we want to stress that we are not selling access to the Beta. There will be plenty of giveaways for you to join us in Neverwinter Beta for the various weekends.
  • Options
    stonermkiistonermkii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Lookin much better now for LTS. Was waiting to see what the "weekends" were going to be before i decided to purchase anything, but now that LTS peeps are lookin good, im gonna definitely grab that 200 dollar package.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Updated. Again, we want to stress that we are not selling access to the Beta. There will be plenty of giveaways for you to join us in Neverwinter Beta for the various weekends.

Play it how you want you ARE selling beta access when the only chances to get access to these beta weekends are through product purchased. The major selling point for people is the beta access.

Beta Weekend 1 - February 8-10:

Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers
    Guardian of Neverwinter purchasers

Beta Weekend 2 - March 8-10

Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

Beta Weekend 3 - March 22-24

Torchlight 2 pre-orders
    RaiderZ Elite Pack purchasers
    Lifetime members of Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

See the trend? At least you finally put in the liftime members which should have been there to begin with.
  • Options
    jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013

There some questions i need get explained:

1 - When beta finishes the accounts will be whiped? We will lose our characters?
    2 - The itens gained with this promotion will be avaiable in the game release?
    3 - We will have Boleto Bancario payment method avaiable?
  • Options
    luminal81luminal81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Other Beta participants - Information to be revealed
    PC Gamer promotional keys.
    PAX / GenCon / Keys from game conventions and events.
    Community Beta key giveaways through Facebook and Twitter.
    Promotional Beta keys on partner sites.
    And more!

The revelation?
  • Options
    murdernicklemurdernickle Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So any chance we can still get that Dollar to Diamond conversion rate?
  • Options
    tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Play it how you want you ARE selling beta access when the only chances to get access to these beta weekends are through product purchased. The major selling point for people is the beta access.

I'm buying a package and I can guarantee it is not for beta access as there is a good chance I'm going to be out of town on one if not two of those weekends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    So any chance we can still get that Dollar to Diamond conversion rate?

As I've been pointing out everywhere, the Astral Diamonds are equivalent to what Cryptic has as "Dilithium Crystals" and "Questionite" on STO and CO respectively. The conversion is fluid, but currently stands (depending on which game) at just below 200 per Zen. Zen is 100 per dollar. Therefore 750,000 diamonds = around (again, fluid) 3750 to 4250 zen which equates to $37 to $43.
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Play it how you want you ARE selling beta access when the only chances to get access to these beta weekends are through product purchased.
    Free beta keys have been given, they haven't been added to the list yet.
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    Free beta keys have been given, they haven't been added to the list yet.

Just pointing out that what Devote was pointing out was that there are special closed beta sessions only for paying players, that is those who purchase the packs, therefore the definition of selling beta access.
  • Options
    draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As I've been pointing out everywhere, the Astral Diamonds are equivalent to what Cryptic has as "Dilithium Crystals" and "Questionite" on STO and CO respectively. The conversion is fluid, but currently stands (depending on which game) at just below 200 per Zen. Zen is 100 per dollar. Therefore 750,000 diamonds = around (again, fluid) 3750 to 4250 zen which equates to $37 to $43.

If this ends up being true then the $200 pack no way has a value of $549 unless they are putting prices on the beta access, either CBT or OBT. If that is the case the the statement made about them not charging for beta access is totally false.

I see mounts being $20
    pets being $5
    titles $1 each at most
    CBT/OBT/Friend invite $0
    VIP access $20 but not really worth that as it evens out after the first few days.
    VIP lounge $20 only if it is worth it.
    750k A.D. $40 if you believe the above statement.
    character slots $10-$20 each
    extra bag $5

so about $172 if you go on the high side, if they follow similar pricing methods from other games.

Just my 2cents
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If this ends up being true then the $200 pack no way has a value of $549 unless they are putting prices on the beta access, either CBT or OBT. If that is the case the the statement made about them not charging for beta access is totally false.

Does seem to be. Founder's title might be worth $200, I suppose, along with another $100 for access to the Moonstone Mask VIP area.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

See, this is why I've been saying that the only way, THE ONLY WAY the pricing structure makes sense is if they are using the exact same method as CO's and STO's betas and will have a "Silver vs. Gold" (Free vs. Pay) pricing structure including the Lifetime one shot pay. Then the prices make sense. Everything anyone has told me about the Beta of both of those games have the same conclusion: They both had early closed beta for pay, both pre-sold time in release, the first being "free and just extras", second being "three-months ahead" and the last being Lifetime Membership. Even the gifts for joining at the highest, $200 level match closely what they did with both games.

Now if they come right out and say it, I think things might calm back down, at least for those of us use to playing Cryptic games. But all this speculation that all it is is what has been said so far, including from the moderators, is just that, speculation. Because to say otherwise means the pricing structure of those packs make no sense.
  • Options
    draelin1978draelin1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    to the last 2 posters... i did edit and update my thought process.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I see mounts being $20
    pets being $5
    titles $1 each at most
    CBT/OBT/Friend invite $0
    VIP access $20 but not really worth that as it evens out after the first few days.
    VIP lounge $20 only if it is worth it.
    750k A.D. $40 if you believe the above statement.
    character slots $10-$20 each
    extra bag $5

so about $172 if you go on the high side, if they follow similar pricing methods from other games.

Just my 2cents

Not bad. Here's what I came up with on another thread based on numbers from STO and CO:

1. "Founder's" title (Eye of the Beholder...)
    2. Access to Moonstone Mask's VIP Lounge (CO costuming, though this is less than that, would be 475 or $5)
    3. Small bag of holding per character (Bags in CO tend to be based in-game money rather than Zen or even "Astral Diamonds")
    4. 750,000 Astral Diamonds (current exchange rate of "Astral Diamonds" to Zen is around 185 per Zen, making this worth 3750 to 4250 zen or around $43 max)
    5. 3 extra character slots (Even the most expensive character slot on CO is 5000 Zen, and that's for the special Freeform character. 2 slots are 1400 for regular characters. So I'm going to split the difference: 3000 Zen or $30)
    6. Special Drow race (Just a different look and maybe power like the "Joined Trill" on STO, 600 Zen or $6)
    7. Mount (Most expensive vehicle on CO is 1800 Zen or $18)
    8. Companion (Bridge officers in STO is the closest example: 500 Zen or $5)

So let's add this up: 5+43+30+6+18+5=$107. Previously I was guestimating $120. And either way that's stll below $200 and nowhere near $549.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

5. 3 extra character slots (Even the most expensive character slot on CO is 5000 Zen, and that's for the special Freeform character. 2 slots are 1400 for regular characters. So I'm going to split the difference: 3000 Zen or $30)

is that $30 for all 3 slots or $30 per slot, if it is per slot you should add $60. I see it being only $20 per though. either way still sad.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    is that $30 for all 3 slots or $30 per slot, if it is per slot you should add $60. I see it being only $20 per though. either way still sad.

As stated, on CO, 2 more slots is 1400 zen or $14. Now if it was the Freeform it would have been 5000 zen or $50 for just one slot, a slot given free to begin with to any "Gold" player, player who is either paying monthly or who bought Lifetime. Even then, a Gold player could buy another Freeform slot. But that is considered an advanced slot, not a regular character slot. I rounded up, however, just for the sake of argument.
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited January 2013
    Please note the update in the first post. The list is a work-in-progress and not finalized.
  • Options
    anotherkenanotherken Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think the community manager account posts should show up on devtracker ;)
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Please note the update in the first post. The list is a work-in-progress and not finalized.

What about the only official contest on forums you ever held? The halloween contest? I don't see even a mention of that. Has that been scrapped?
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    $50 for a new character slot???????!!! What..... I figured maybe 5 bucks a slot and 10 for the better 1
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]