test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta Anxiety Thread! (Read OP for Beta Info!)

Comments

• Options
    travestiiitravestiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Inbox contains 0 messages.

• Options
    webomantiwebomanti Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Same here... Anyone got a key already?
    Will they announce if giveaway is over?
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oooh! I got message!

*Opens CP*

Inbox (1)

Subject: Fooled you!
  • Options
    eljacko56eljacko56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    months.

Aaaaaaaaaagh.
  • Options
    theragmannltheragmannl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hope they'll give an heads up when they are done with the alpha giveaways. Bed time now, work in the morning...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    okay one more hour and i'll stop refreshing my inbox... NOT
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm gonna send myself a PM telling me I got an Alpha Key just to see what it feels like. I also open Christmas presents on Christmas Eve.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hope they'll give an heads up when they are done with the alpha giveaways. Bed time now, work in the morning...

They won't pin said to check your pm's on the forums to see if you got the key. So that is the only way you'll find out my guess is if you don't get a pm in the next 24hrs then you most likely won't get one...just a guess not 100% sure on that.
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    there's a difference between a post stating keys have been handed out and a post with the names of the winners,
    just want a post saying we can give our F5 keys a break :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I am having fun of my life... wonder if some chain mail thing started ...
  • Options
    ganlierganlier Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    oh the waiting is terrible!!!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Re: Alpha Key Contest

Okays, just got word that the keys have been sent, so check your PM Inbox. Remember, as an Alpha Tester, you'll be bound to an NDA so you won't be able to say you've gotten in without violating that NDA. Congrats to the winners!

~Zebular, PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Congratulations to the two winners!
  • Options
    travestiiitravestiii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thank you zebular, our F5 keys can now rest in piece(s).
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Congratulations to the two winners!

Only two keys were up for grabs? Wow thought they might want more....community involvement
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yea i was assuming like 100 testers for Alpha from the community. There is probably 500+ with beta keys applied soo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoyoshineoyoshi Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If there were only two keys up for grabs in that particular thread contest that Pin posted, then my gut tells me that there were various other alpha key contests spread through-out other social networks, and not just this one.

And if that is true, then color me confused, because using those types of methods feels more like a PR campaign, verse serious Alpha testing.

Of course i don't know if this is true or not it just feels like it to me, as in other games i have experienced -Alpha testing requirements were usually either in-house or if made public; the use of applications were enforced.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    neoyoshi wrote: »
    If there were only two keys up for grabs in that particular thread contest that Pin posted, then my gut tells me that there were various other alpha key contests spread through-out other social networks, and not just this one.

Not that I noticed and I've been following the game pretty closely. Nothing mentioned in PC Gamer or any other networks from what I saw. Twitter linked to the one here on the forums, as well as Facebook.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sterminiosterminio Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i hope was just a joke :D
  • Options
    vitriks2vitriks2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Developers sure having fun :(
  • Options
    neoyoshineoyoshi Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Not that I noticed and I've been following the game pretty closely. Nothing mentioned in PC Gamer or any other networks from what I saw. Twitter linked to the one here on the forums, as well as Facebook.

Well, if it really was only two people, i don't know, maybe I'm over-reacting but getting people worked up like that and accumulated 2,000+ posts for only two Alpha slots just feels... Silly and completely unnecessary.

I mean if it were me i would have not even bother asking the community for help testing if i only needed two warm bodies. xD
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well, if it really was only two people, i don't know, maybe I'm over-reacting but getting people worked up like that and accumulated 2,000+ posts for only two Alpha slots just feels... Silly and completely unnecessary.

I mean if it were me i would have not even bother asking the community for help testing if i only needed two warm bodies. xD

Generating hype, marketing. Nice for game, no?
  • Options
    edited January 2013

Over 3000 Posters, and yes if they just needed 2 warm bodies then it does seem unnecessary to create such hype with such a limited reward.
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Generating hype, marketing. Nice for game, no?
    Yes. I agree with that. It's nice to finally see some decent marketing.

But I still have to admit that I am extremely disappointed. Glad to see things are going well, but I think I'm just going to chill out now and wait for the beta access I was promised back in may.
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Two keys? you have got to be kidding me. Almost feel like this company has tormented me. IMHO that's bad PR, but what do I know.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    i'm so disappointed and upset now i'll have to read the dark elf trilogy to calm down... See you in beta guys!
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »
    Two keys? you have got to be kidding me. Almost feel like this company has tormented me. IMHO that's bad PR, but what do I know.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were not originally planning to allow us into the alpha, and that this giveaway was only because some of us discovered that the french were having some keys being given away and said "ZOMG Crytpic so unfare y u no give us keyys".
  • Options
    rainey70rainey70 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    2 Keys? really ......... Why have a contest for 2 keys?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    rainey70 wrote: »
    2 Keys? really ......... Why have a contest for 2 keys?

Marketing Hype without having to give out too much
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    The Alpha Tests are extremely limited.

Two Alpha Keys are more than I expected them to give away. Frankly, and this is purely my personal opinion, you only got the opportunity because they needed foreign language testers.

But for a bit of transparency Pin was not aware of the foreign promotions until you all brought it to his attention. Cryptic didn't decide to give the promotion because they felt like they were caught but rather it was the right thing to do and would have been done from the start if they knew about the foreign community plans. From now on all promotions will go through the English Offices though so hopefully this confusion won't happen again...

But no, they don't *need* more Alpha Testers. If you're disappointed about not getting a key you have only yourself to blame. The chances were going to be slim from the start.
    To the lucky ones, congratulations. To the rest, fret not there will be more promotions in the future.
This discussion has been closed.