test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta Anxiety Thread! (Read OP for Beta Info!)

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    How bout... when is the promised Beta Schedule going to be announced that was said to be announced in Jan? 4 days left...
  • Options
    mastrshadowmastrshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    How bout... when is the promised Beta Schedule going to be announced that was said to be announced in Jan? 4 days left...

Did they specify a year in that announcement? Jan 2014!!

(Sry, spending too much time in the Darkfall beta...)
  • Options
    exavourexavour Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited January 2013
    Ok so I have been beta testing since EQ 1 and have literally beta tested every single major game, and dozens upon dozens of minor games during that time period.....and never have I ever had to wait so long on a beta key....I still havent recieved one and I registered on day three that registration was open. Does anyone have any information on what exactly is going on? Because this, in my opinion is not like PW. When I beta tested Champions Online, it was register and then BOOM 2 days later here is your key. With this game it has literally been months without so much as a pleasent breeze in my mail box. And im not trying to complain, I honestly want to know if anyone knows what the deal is, because I see a TON of other people with beta keys and still nothing. (People who also registered long after I did) Thank you guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bryce1338bryce1338 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    exavour wrote: »
    Ok so I have been beta testing since EQ 1 and have literally beta tested every single major game, and dozens upon dozens of minor games during that time period.....and never have I ever had to wait so long on a beta key....I still havent recieved one and I registered on day three that registration was open. Does anyone have any information on what exactly is going on? Because this, in my opinion is not like PW. When I beta tested Champions Online, it was register and then BOOM 2 days later here is your key. With this game it has literally been months without so much as a pleasent breeze in my mail box. And im not trying to complain, I honestly want to know if anyone knows what the deal is, because I see a TON of other people with beta keys and still nothing. (People who also registered long after I did) Thank you guys!

Purely speculation on my part, but have they even sent out random beta invites yet? I would assume people that do have beta keys currently got them from other means, like PC Gamer for me. I wouldn't imagine they would send out the first round of random beta keys until beta is just about to launch.

But, like I said that's just a guess on my part, maybe people have been getting random beta keys.
  • Options
    elveelve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 336
    edited January 2013
    exavour wrote: »

The beta keys are from different sources - giveaways, promotions and so on and not from beta registration drafting. At the moment they are as good as having no key. The beta have not yet started and you would have known that if you have read the first post of this topic.
  • Options
    barkynbarkyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ya know this game hasn't been announced and hyped compared to most of the mmos you prolly waited for (GW2 SWTOR)...that's the problem with today...no one knows how to wait...nor do they know how long it actually takes to make a game. we all wanna play the game just like you do but whining about (over hype and under deliver) isn't gonna make it come any faster. just enjoy what they show us. the game is releasing this year, and the beta will be released before that...meaning the majority of this year you will probably be playing the game one way or the other. so chill out and stay calm :P
    "Just because im short and stumpy doesnt mean im not fast and nimble. my thirst for treasure keeps me...shall we say...more athletic than most dwarves" Dakoldin Quiverbeard (Dwarven Ranger)
  • Options
    pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    barkyn wrote: »
    ya know this game hasn't been announced and hyped compared to most of the mmos you prolly waited for (GW2 SWTOR)...that's the problem with today...no one knows how to wait...nor do they know how long it actually takes to make a game. we all wanna play the game just like you do but whining about (over hype and under deliver) isn't gonna make it come any faster. just enjoy what they show us. the game is releasing this year, and the beta will be released before that...meaning the majority of this year you will probably be playing the game one way or the other. so chill out and stay calm :P

Waiting is fine, but if your a gamer in todays market there isn't really much to keep you busy most the games that are out now blow chunks and all the good games like this one are not even in beta yet and its hard to wait for something you know has potential to be the best game on the market because your so anxious to try it out and see if it lives up to your expectations or falls flat like the hundreds of tab target/button mashing clones on the market today.

some games are great but lack end game content and thus after you play it a few years and have many level capped characters your bored and seek another game to play to keep the fun factor going. I beta test everything I can all the time and there are several games I'm waiting for full release and it's just annoying waiting for something to play.

I really wish they would update and add new content or end game content to Champions Online, I've been playing that game since it came out in 2009 but lately the only thing in that game being updated is cosmetic and mid game content it does nothing for someone like me that has all end game characters that has perfected my heroes look.

I'm currently beta testing 4 games and they are alright but nothing to write home about. I'm waiting for the big 4 to come out and this is one of them.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • Options
    mastrshadowmastrshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    barkyn wrote: »
    ...we all wanna play the game just like you do but whining about (over hype and under deliver) isn't gonna make it come any faster...

Isn't this the beta anxiety thread that was designed for us to whine about not being in beta yet? Cause that's what I thought the OP said... It wont make the game come any faster, but it eats up 30 seconds of your time and you feel better after a mini rant.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Isn't this the beta anxiety thread that was designed for us to whine about not being in beta yet? Cause that's what I thought the OP said... It wont make the game come any faster, but it eats up 30 seconds of your time and you feel better after a mini rant.
    Indeed, this is what this thread is for. To allow players to relieve their anxiety about Beta, in a manner that doesn't violate the RoC and anywhere else would be seen as not community building. Here in this very thread, whining and griping (not saying these are bad) are okay here, as is just idle and off topic chatter.

I urge all newcomers to this thread to read through the Original Post, for it contains up-to-date Beta Information that has been released to the public.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Original Post updated to reflect the released information about upcoming Weekend Closed Beta Dates and the Founder's Packs promotions.

This thread will be reincarnated "soon" TM, as there is a slew of new information coming and this has grown beyond its bounds again. It's 3rd incarnation will be appearing in the coming days.
  • Options
    catburger003catburger003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want to HAMSTER in Neverwinter, whenever I want, for as long as I want.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Please see the News Forum, the Original Post here, as well as the forum thread created by Ryvvik here in this very forum. :)
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Andre asked cryptic to release Beta schedule on his Birthday on Jan 28th. (somewhere in second week of Jan)

Cryptic obliged!

Whoa!

Happy B'day Andre, but you cute bunny of caerbannog, couldn't you have asked them to release it earlier?
  • Options
    exavourexavour Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited January 2013
    elve wrote: »
    The beta keys are from different sources - giveaways, promotions and so on and not from beta registration drafting. At the moment they are as good as having no key. The beta have not yet started and you would have known that if you have read the first post of this topic.

I never said, insinuated or suggested in any way, shape or form that beta had opened yet. I simply asked a question about the keys, not about the schedule.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Reposted from another thread:

Just did the math. So basically if you're basing the Zen values normally associated with equivalent things on STO and CO, the "$549 value" package for $200 is actually roughly 6000 zen in items, costuming, an extra race, and a mount, maybe another 1000 zen for the added slots (possibly more, I admit), somewhere between 3,750 and 4,250 zen in diamonds, and special VIP access to a party room, titles, and early Beta weekends. Hmmm. So I'm counting around 12,000 zen plus perks for the price of 20,000 zen and valued at 54,900 zen? Are you guys working for the Federal government?
  • Options
    rahverahve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited January 2013
    The video for the beta announcement reminds me so much of the tv commercials we get here around 3am, so overacted that scream "we're ripping you off, but we do it with a big smile!". Oh well, I'll stick to the free download and give it a try anyway. The worst that can happen is that I don't like it and uninstall it.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

- W.E.H.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    rahve wrote: »
    The video for the beta announcement reminds me so much of the tv commercials we get here around 3am, so overacted that scream "we're ripping you off, but we do it with a big smile!". Oh well, I'll stick to the free download and give it a try anyway. The worst that can happen is that I don't like it and uninstall it.

Oh and almost missed that part in the end when the friend gets the key..."YEAH! I'm awesome!"

Laughed my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off. But I think they were looking for an empowered and a non mocking answer there :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh and almost missed that part in the end when the friend gets the key..."YEAH! I'm awesome!"

Laughed my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off. But I think they were looking for an empowered and a non mocking answer there :)

The announcer himself was laughing at "So..." maybe because of all the cheesy one liners.
  • Options
    gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    need DOWNLOAD button!!!
    jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
    "I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yes they are, but were killed by server kobolds now there, sorry. We'll try to kill THESE ones somewhat by oh...say...2-8-13
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Temorarily Removing the Silverfire from this thread and applying it to: [h=3]Founder's Pack purchase issues[/h]
    This thread will return to Stickiness in a new incarnation once that thread is no longer needed to be stickied.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Allow me to say a few words...

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

Amen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    2jcsmc6.jpg

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    adomas2adomas2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hi,

in this site we got the choice between 3 languages: french, german, english,
    In trying to buy the founder pack in putting as country : france or america, it puts me always the same pack "pp_nw_founders_pack_hero_eu"
    1) So, is the pack is the same for the 3 languages?

2) They said character will be delete at the end of each week end beta so if i have the panthera, spider, bag 12 slots on a beta character, it will be deleted too? or it will be reusable for the official game?
  • Options
    marenormarenor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Adomas,

There has been confirmation that the Founders packs are applied to your account and the items will be available after each character wipe. Specifically the mounts and companions.
This discussion has been closed.