test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Beta Anxiety Thread! (Read OP for Beta Info!)

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Original Post updated with current information, at the time of the edit time-stamp! Cheers!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If I purchse two issues from the news stand, and put in both codes, will I get both mounts?
    Are these mounts a per character unlock or will it be account wide for all characters?

Am not sure, but should be first character you decide to redeem it with.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Here's something that may allay some anxiety apparently the PR piece that MMOCulture received still indicates an early 2013 release. You can read it here
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    what is early 2013 then, january through june or?

Beta date now please?
    you know you want to tell us :)
  • xlebonilxlebonil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    These numbers here (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) contains the code for beta iam sure of it. I just have not found the way to break the code just yet.:p
  • mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Here's something that may allay some anxiety apparently the PR piece that MMOCulture received still indicates an early 2013 release. You can read it here

post of the day nomination to you.

another beautiful screen shot there as well. Atomsphere .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wodny1988wodny1988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hope it will be worth it and the game will not turn out to be just another <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. :)
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Whoa! I apologize for all the confusion regarding PC Gamer and Beta access. Here is the word:

Redeeming the unique key code will grant you one of two horse mounts at random PLUS Neverwinter Beta access. However, we will reveal more official details about our Beta plans once we are closer to it and you will find out when and how you can access the Beta.

Hopefully, this clears up any confusion you may have.

Thank you CMPin! However there's just one more detail that remains unclear of course. Does the key offer closed or open beta access?

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    Thank you CMPin! However there's just one more detail that remains unclear of course. Does the key offer closed or open beta access?

Open beta is typically, well, open. I've never been a part of an open beta that required an entry key.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    I should add that everything I've read so far implies that closed beta will be done in phases, tho, and that having an entry key might not mean getting into the first phase of closed beta testing.
  • reillanreillan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, ranncore, that's what I was about to say as well. Closed beta might be 4 months long, and only the last month of it is it opened to the huge swarming mass of people who bought various video games or magazines hoping to gain access :)
    edited January 2013
    As much as I'd like to get into closed beta as early as possible, I feel so sorry for the people who bought RaiderZ founders packs... they deserve refunds. The least PWE can do for them is let them into the first phase of NWO beta testing.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Open beta is typically, well, open. I've never been a part of an open beta that required an entry key.

Of course, I know that. But I wish to make NO assumptions in matters of great... anxiety.... for some ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    edited January 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    As much as I'd like to get into closed beta as early as possible, I feel so sorry for the people who bought RaiderZ founders packs... they deserve refunds. The least PWE can do for them is let them into the first phase of NWO beta testing.

That is why even devs have been saying to buy things not for beta but the products sake because there will be many options to get key when beta nears ...

So it is not the devs or cryptic's fault that they are not satisfied with a promotional offer, because it was a promotion and not a product.
    edited January 2013
    Of course, I know that. But I wish to make NO assumptions in matters of great... anxiety.... for some ;)

This forum does seem to be filled with people strung out at their keyboards. I imagine lots of overflowing ash trays and empty whiskey bottles, next to piles of old DnD books and corkboards cluttered with articles and post-it notes.
  • k44mosk44mos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Replace that whiskey bottle with wine bottles and you might have a clear picture of how my desk looks at the moment. :D

Must clean that ash tray.
    edited January 2013
    k44mos wrote: »
    Replace that whiskey bottle with wine bottles and you might have a clear picture of how my desk looks at the moment. :D

Must clean that ash tray.

Hah hah. I drink a lot of red wine during the wintery days as well.

I think I'll go ahead and empty my ash tray right now.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

And for the record, that Dragonsaga graphics that was in the advertisement margins of the article when I viewed it, if that ever makes it in NWO, that's my line and I'll pack my bags. I hope it's clear to others what I consider cutsie Anime now and not wanting ever in D&D MMO.

But that's not shown in the NWO videos so far so keep it up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    MMOBomb give away has ended now, you can edit it out of OP, congrats to the winners, if any from the forum.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
    edited January 2013
    And for the record, that Dragonsaga graphics that was in the advertisement margins of the article when I viewed it, if that ever makes it in NWO, that's my line and I'll pack my bags. I hope it's clear to others what I consider cutsie Anime now and not wanting ever in D&D MMO.

But that's not shown in the NWO videos so far so keep it up!

I clicked the link and saw the dragon....

I instantly remembered the DDO's advertisement about brocoli

http://www.ddo.com/ads/broccoli/1/

That game's dragon will compare well with NW's dragon.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, I now have 3 beta keys in the system (PAX key, which might've been lost during the account merger, who knows; Torchlight 2; and the PC Gamer mag (along with the horse)). Too bad the My Account section of the front end doesn't list it, like it does list all my 'activated features' of CO/STO, just to be sure nothing has been forgotten.
  • benjayminlinusbenjayminlinus Member Posts: 89
    edited January 2013
    beta_zoidberg.jpg
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Blame the Cryptic/PWE integration. I have a perfectly serviceable name on the Cryptic side of things that I couldn't use again for PWE. And that's what the forums use.

Assuming you meant me, anyhow. :P
  • darkdeathrapdarkdeathrap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited January 2013
    When they say phased for Star Trek Online Lifetime Subs what does that mean? is Neverwinter now in Closed Beta? and are the Star Trek Lifetime Sub Keys going out?
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No the closed beta has not started it hasn't even been announced yet. By phased I think they mean they will invite through out the closed beta in phases.
    edited January 2013
    Cryptmapolis made it pretty clear that as of at least late december the game is still in alpha testing, and that beta start dates depended on a variety of things, including alpha feedback.

His response on the matter is buried somewhere in the Meet the Developers thread.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    A more concise definition of Phased Invites is that you are guaranteed access to Closed Beta for being a Lifetime Sub of Co or STO but you are not guaranteed immediate access.

Your best friend could receive a CBT Key from his lifetime subscription of STO the first day of Neverwinter's Closed Beta Tests.
    You might not get yours until a few days before launch.

Ultimately phased means that invites will be sent out to lifetime subs at random on an as-needed basis. (unless Cryptic states otherwise when they release the Beta Schedule)

[No offense Bitterwinter]
  • kattgoss1kattgoss1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    hii am new ere but if BETA has'nt yet opened why does the NWN homepage have a large button to ACCESS BETA? then take u to a page asking for BETA key?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    There are ways players can obtain Closed Beta Keys which can be entered through the "Access Beta" button.
    Once the CBT Key is entered the button will change to "Download Now."

However the "Download Now" button takes you to a page that says 'nah nah hehe you can't haz Beta yet!'
    Fine it doesn't really but it might as well say that!

So the button does have a function but since the game is still in the Alpha Stages it doesn't let you download the client. Hope this explains the button a bit at least.
    edited January 2013
    kattgoss1 wrote: »
    hii am new ere but if BETA has'nt yet opened why does the NWN homepage have a large button to ACCESS BETA? then take u to a page asking for BETA key?

Well prepared is well spared.
This discussion has been closed.