test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta Anxiety Thread! (Read OP for Beta Info!)

Comments

• Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Amazingly, the thumbscrews didn't w...

Try magnetic screwdrivers. Best of luck! I will pray to Selune for your success!
  • Options
    borisbotborisbot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited January 2013
  • Options
    lolwutruevendoinlolwutruevendoin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    >Inb4 moved or locked.
    Anyway they are pretty much just polishing things now, so very soon. Since they are a little behind the best estimate is mid February to early March.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    borisbot wrote: »

"The one thing we are sure of is late 2012 open beta."

Heh, well, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens.
    Anyways I don't feel like you have to be overly optimistic to expect closed beta to begin pretty soon now.

On a side note I think it's very encouraging how absorbed Andy becomes in the game in every attempted interview :) It's always, "Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> hang on a second I just aggro'd these guys." In one interview where Greg is present the interviewer asks Andy a question while he's playing, and he just looks at Greg like dude, handle this one, I'm in the middle of something.
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    borisbot wrote: »

"Yyyeeaaaahhhhhh, you're gonna have to talk to marketing about that." (Bill Lumburgh voice)
  • Options
    rahverahve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited January 2013
    I only hope this site is not the reflection of what the game will be. And especially I truly hope that the game will be moderated by professionals.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

- W.E.H.
  • Options
    damionasdamionas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I think they kinda missed the mark with the beta when they said we would see it last year however with that being said im very optimistic that the game will turn out great. What do we know for sure that is confirmed though is my question obviously foundry someone mentioned devoted cleric still have yet to see a video on it like the control wizard. Id love to hear what we have completely confirmed
    15.jpg
  • Options
    nitchinnitchin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As a lot you I have been following this game since cryptic was the only producer. I am hoping that the rework and the time spent remaking the game goes well. I have waited this long for a chance at beta and then to play the game I can wait longer. My only concern is the game gets lost in the new titles comming out and it ends up like SWTOR.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    nitchin wrote: »
    As a lot you I have been following this game since cryptic was the only producer. ...

You mean, cryptic was developer and A-word was the publisher/producer. The A-word announced the game 1 year after they bought it. They exited 1 year after they announced. Providence? I see a divine hand behind it - thank you Asmodeus :)
  • Options
    lorddekar82lorddekar82 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well atleast Alpha Beta has been officially announced as they are randomly giving out Alpha Beta keys in the forums to those that answer the question via a post. So either this means the friends and family is finally over and they will open it up to a wider croud for more testing. Which could last for a month or two which would lead to open beta some time in April/May. I hope they start open beta earlier than that though cause I'm dying to play this game and test it out.
  • Options
    blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    me too, i bought TL2 a day late, then i bounght the founders raiderz thing for beta code(which i never got), then i bought pcgamer for their code, thats $60 ive put out and i dont mind about the money at all i had it to spare but obviously i want to play this game so i hope its much sooner then april to be honest.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Folks, Alpha is not Beta. It's before Beta if you know your Greek Alphabet. Yes, it did come after Friends and Family's then Pre Alpha's phase.

It's VERY limited and yes, used for serious testing questions, not simple marketing. Hang tough, and beta follows after this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eytheraneaeytheranea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The suspense is killing... I'd love to be a part of the alpha and beta, knowing i took part in the development of a highly anticipated game would be awesome!
  • Options
    neoyoshineoyoshi Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It feels so close!

53452.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Underwear? What kind of monstrosity is that?

Just shove some rags beneath your armor if it feels cold.
  • Options
    eytheraneaeytheranea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't believe I am aware of this cold feeling...
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oh, is that what they call the loincloths in that part of the world...Kara-Tur, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zenzeezenzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *Makes with the grabby hands* Waaaaaaaant!
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    An Alpha key would be a nice surprise tomorrow but as iamtruthseeker stated (and from what I have been told) Alpha keys will be extremely very few so don't get too disappointed. The good news is we are another day closer to release!
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Do you get a beta key in the January PC Gamer or just a key for a mount?
  • Options
    marenormarenor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Do you get a beta key in the January PC Gamer or just a key for a mount?

The mount code in the most recent issue of PCGamer, with the Neverwinter cover, contains a key the guarantees you a mount and is a Beta key. The Closed Beta access will be phased, which means the key qualifies you for access to the Closed Beta but does not guarantee which phase of the Closed Beta you will get access to.
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thank you Marenor. Pc Gamer it is, then
  • Options
    wyliegreenwichwyliegreenwich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well atleast Alpha Beta has been officially announced as they are randomly giving out Alpha Beta keys in the forums to those that answer the question via a post. So either this means the friends and family is finally over and they will open it up to a wider croud for more testing. Which could last for a month or two which would lead to open beta some time in April/May. I hope they start open beta earlier than that though cause I'm dying to play this game and test it out.

Speaking from experience if Closed Beta started today then the best one could hope for is late Summer for Open Beta.

As it is they are giving away Alpha keys, so closed beta could occur in May-ish....I hope, I hope, I hope.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    early March for CB start would be my educated guess.
  • Options
    dieselbob3dieselbob3 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    WAIT DAD... IT SAID DOWNLOAD NOW!!!

SeparationAnxiety.jpg

This funny is even funnier since now Im the dad however it would be my wife dragging both my son and I to the car.
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    3 Hours, 12 Minutes to go..... come on lucky dice

Let's just hope that they are the 20 sided variety.
  • Options
    nethershadowsnethershadows Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I feel like an addict who can't get his fix :( Come onnnnnnn neverwinter alpha key..
  • Options
    theincarnadine42theincarnadine42 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I know it is in vain, but I have been checking back weekly since we were first able to sign up on the site as interested in beta...now that I got the PC Gamer code I have been checking back daily :D

Been looking forward to this for so long that anything else I play just feels like filler.
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Been looking forward to this for so long that anything else I play just feels like filler.

I hear that good sir.
This discussion has been closed.