test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Beta Anxiety Thread! (Read OP for Beta Info!)

Comments

• Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    very funny :)
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Awww, that makes me sad :(

No you don't get a key for that but nice try!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I apologise for the citicized comment.
    My frustration showed through in an opinionated manner which it shouldn't have.
    I envy Zebular for presenting his disappointment with a casual indescression I could never hope to replicate.

Best of luck in all the future promotions to everybody.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Oh you know, here and there. A little more there than here as of late but I am always somewhere.

Whoa... deep :)
  • Options
    m3troninm3tronin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I can't wait for this game to come out. Big DnD fan, even if none of my friends will ever play with me. Neverwinter Nights was one of my favorite games ever. The customization, storyline, and community generated content was amazing. If the foundry does what it claims to do, then this game will have endless hours of content to enjoy. I want to play the Trickster Rogue so bad. I've never really been the guy to play the rogue class. I was always the ranged dps, like a shaman, hunter, or tank. I currently play TERA and that's why I'm so interested to see how the combat system works in this game. If Cryptic can do justice to the action rpg genre then I wont be logging off once beta starts =]
  • Options
    hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    After this action (talking about the alphakey promotion) who will ever doubt the marketing ingenuity of the pwe/cryptic cooperation will be enough to make this game another WOW success. Talking of successes, btw: i am having very serious lag issues because i started to play WoW and it is getting me down after one week already. For those not familiar with that game: The term "lag" is a serious offence and can get you chat banned since they introduced the instancing system. It actually elliminated all lag on the game but makes the experience more like into a single player experience. You almost never meet any other player, not even in the pvp battelgrounds. All this is really making me green in the face. I need some of those nedications, but of the "forte" version, please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zadenadoszadenados Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i want to test it out~
    i neeeeed to play this game. must beta. :[
  • Options
    mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    ok so what did i miss????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    According to my math, "2 Alpha Keys > 0 Alpha Keys". Which in my book happens to be good. Even if, not surprisingly, I didn't happen to get one of them.
  • Options
    ivonnatinkleivonnatinkle Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I dislike people who got alpha keys with complete love. Gratz on getting them and hope you enjoy helping to develop the game :)
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Do you guys think we'll have more contests before the weekend?
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Do you guys think we'll have more contests before the weekend?

Thats what Im wondering. Just relocated and job hunting. While waiting for an interview testing/debugging Neverwinter wouldnt hit me wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Not likely that soon, but soon none the less!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    i think everyone got invites except those of us on the thread...
  • Options
    tinypyrotinypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    hrothgar22 wrote: »
    I, for one, think that CB has to be close. I mean they did give out mount keys which are supposed to also grant beta access in the feb edition of PC Gamer. (which i did buy and use which allowed me to click the download now button, not sure how much that helps me but eh) anyway if the beta was months and months away y would they be having people advertise mounts and other stuff for the game when u cant even use it yet. my thoughts are that since it is the feb edition of the mag it should be into the closed beta stage by Feb now thats just my guess but it doesnt make since to give me a key for an item that i wont be able to use til the game goes into closed beta months and months and months away. any thoughts?

Hrothgar Hellbringer

Shh... Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting beta.

Hear me now and hear me well my friend. Once upon a time many moons ago Cryptic offered guaranteed beta access if only you were willing to buy Torch Light 2. It was advertised on this site that if you purchased TL2, you would be included in NW closed beta. TL2 itself was still in beta at the time. Tl2 launch has come and gone...(a very fun game btw. I was never interested in it, but since I payed for it I played it and I must say that it is a fun game)..and still here we are discussing the so called imminent beta.

Notice my join date. That was shortly before my so called guaranteed beta access. Don't get me wrong, I am glad to finally see activity and marketing and a gigantic addition to the community. But do not fall for the same trap I did.

EDIT: actually it was PWE that offered the promotion, not Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I also did the TL2 deal, pc gamer mag, and been following the game before our mods were mods, and before PW was even involved. I'm not concerned about the beta key, but us being left out then lied to for months..tisk tisk.
  • Options
    truncaleptruncalep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I was a sucker and bought that game as well. I guess if there not lying about the release date it will be out by March, 1st Qtr, if not theres plenty of other games to play.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Well that's one way to think of it Mrbuttflakes...

But the other way is to consider how you would feel if you knew Alpha Testing was occurring and not only could you not partake in it but there was no way you could get access to the Alpha Tests coupled with the knowledge that Beta was still many months away?

It's not always easy to have proprietary information. Trust me, we give you all a lot more information than Cryptic/PWE would prefer...

But had we simply come out and said some of the people claiming to get invites to Beta were actually Alpha Test invites how would you have felt knowing that you were excluded from Alpha testing? You're not happy right now, are you?

Feel angry about being out of the loop all you want but the only thing anybody outside of the Alpha Tests can know about the Alpha Tests, with the exclusion of the Forum Moderators, is that they are occurring.
    In my eyes that is more of a tease than seeing some idiots think they got Beta Keys. Information witheld by me was done so because when I put myself in your shoes I knew I would be more upset to know that people were getting access to Alpha Testing and there was no way I could know what was happening.

A white lie with bad results because we, myself in particular, underestimated the lack of reading comprehension of some people in the world. Not a day goes by I don't feel bad you all found out about the Alpha Tests the way you did but I still firmly believe that letting you know they were occurring would have only caused more frustration.

Just as this promotion which gave you all the chance, no matter how slim, to get access to the Alpha Tests has more often than not made people feel cheated that they didn't win or stand much of a chance at winning.
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just as this promotion which gave you all the chance, no matter how slim, to get access to the Alpha Tests has more often than not made people feel cheated that they didn't win or stand much of a chance at winning.

You know I sort of felt cheated. But honestly I feel a lot better about the games current state after this promotion. I know that I have a chance now. Where before there was no light in this dark tunnel. Now I can see a bit of light, and its given me hope.:D
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    k44mosk44mos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Loads of BS. We will all get in it at some point in time but their marketing pretty much killed it for me.

So I will patiently wait for it but I'm not excited about it anymore.

Yeah, that pretty much kills any enthusiasm.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well that's one way to think of it Mrbuttflakes...

But the other way is to consider how you would feel if you knew Alpha Testing was occurring and not only could you not partake in it but there was no way you could get access to the Alpha Tests coupled with the knowledge that Beta was still many months away?

It's not always easy to have proprietary information. Trust me, we give you all a lot more information than Cryptic/PWE would prefer...

But had we simply come out and said some of the people claiming to get invites to Beta were actually Alpha Test invites how would you have felt knowing that you were excluded from Alpha testing? You're not happy right now, are you?

Feel angry about being out of the loop all you want but the only thing anybody outside of the Alpha Tests can know about the Alpha Tests, with the exclusion of the Forum Moderators, is that they are occurring.
    In my eyes that is more of a tease than seeing some idiots think they got Beta Keys. Information witheld by me was done so because when I put myself in your shoes I knew I would be more upset to know that people were getting access to Alpha Testing and there was no way I could know what was happening.

A white lie with bad results because we, myself in particular, underestimated the lack of reading comprehension of some people in the world. Not a day goes by I don't feel bad you all found out about the Alpha Tests the way you did but I still firmly believe that letting you know they were occurring would have only caused more frustration.

Just as this promotion which gave you all the chance, no matter how slim, to get access to the Alpha Tests has more often than not made people feel cheated that they didn't win or stand much of a chance at winning.[/QUOTE

It is what it is. Just a tough pill to swallow for myself, and I'm probably not the only one. Goes to show whoever was giving out these
    play test's out should have gave it a bit more thought, instead something that's suppose to be so secretive gets leaked without people even thinking twice about the NDA because they don't care about the game.

There's always beta to contribute to right.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Many steps have been taken already but one just gets tired of the the steps that still seem so far...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Unfortunately, some people knowingly break NDA to shove it at the face - "I got in beta you can't"

Whenever I see them, I try to cast "Contagion" spell on them. When they fall sick, they see cleric and I am ready for them then.

*switches on his chainsaw and other powertools*

Afterall, being a cleric I can't kill. Just operate, no? Or use this wall of faithless...

*And there are voices from weird humanoid shapes made of sinew and blood behind him as he grins*
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Unfortunately, some people knowingly break NDA to shove it at the face - "I got in beta you can't"

Whenever I see them, I try to cast "Contagion" spell on them. When they fall sick, they see cleric and I am ready for them then.

*switches on his chainsaw and other powertools*

Afterall, being a cleric I can't kill. Just operate, no? Or use this wall of faithless...

*And there are voices from weird humanoid shapes made of sinew and blood behind him as he grins*

Has anybody seem my chai....oh, never mind.

I think I have another forum issue...far far away...taking several if-somebody-were-being-attacked-they-would-be-torturous-hours away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaPpjTZa9bA
  • Options
    sabbath80sabbath80 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looks like a amazing game to start fresh on guys. How long do I have to wait to play this thing.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    An Hour, a day, a week, a month, a year, a decade, a century, a millennia.

Take your pick. There's no right or wrong answer yet.
    Obviously some of those choices are absurd but my point is they have not released their Beta Schedule yet. Nobody knows when the game will be open to the public.
  • Options
    lordxeranlordxeran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    So me and my gf are both really excited about this game and we're thinking about buying pc gamers feb 2013 issue to assure ourselves we get in the beta. I was wondering if we would need to buy two issues and enter seperate and distinct keys when the time comes or if we could create two in game beta accounts off the same key and thus save ourselves from buying an extra nine dollar magazine. :) Any response from a developer or pr type person would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    lordxeran wrote: »
    So me and my gf are both really excited about this game and we're thinking about buying pc gamers feb 2013 issue to assure ourselves we get in the beta. I was wondering if we would need to buy two issues and enter seperate and distinct keys when the time comes or if we could create two in game beta accounts off the same key and thus save ourselves from buying an extra nine dollar magazine. :) Any response from a developer or pr type person would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

One key per account. Once a key is used, it's gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.