test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• Options
    chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Bug for GWF: Several of the Yuan-Ti interrupt attacks can cause Unstoppable to bug and not able to be activated again.
  • Options

There is a problem with loadouts and particularly Shores of Tuern and Lair of Lostmauth. Some single player instances like Briggin's Tomb also have this problem. Some classes to do any damage on boss have to switch loadouts (SW for example). But in order to switch loadout, one has to visit campfire, but eSoT and eLoL campfires are not reachable normally from boss room. Only through death.

Pls do one of the following, or solve problems in some other way:

• Make campfire accessible
    • Generate campfire in boss room for all instances. For some instances there is a long walk back to campfire.
    • Make loadouts changeable in all instances after they are cleared.
    There is a campfire right before the final boss chamber in both ESOT and ELOL.

• Options
    For the fluctuating stats bug:
    Does that occur with multiple legendary companions, or does it also occur with only one legendary companion?
  • Options
    wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I don't know if this has been reported yet. It's something I found on my GWF when I had a lightning. Lightning arcs when procced off weapon master's strike also proc Aura of Courage.
  • Options
    roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    I continue to get overflow experience power points when I have no way of spending them as I have maxed out. Coincidently, the dashboard icon for Character Sheet remains lit indicating there is some kind of action available yet there is nothing I can do.
  • Options
    tremeliques#2035 tremeliques Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Executioner's Black Attire and other effects that say that on every hit u do it will make a another hit for a % of the given damage don't always proc, this only happens when u hit really fast like having a lot of DoTs going, i noticed this on my TR, with only Duelist's Flurry when i inspected the combat log it showed that it would not always proc specially when the bleed did its proc the attire damage wouldn't proc on it,
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

Can you guys make Overload Enchantments stack if they havent been used?

I really want to make this visible to the devs, it was back in mod 6 i think that overloads were supposed to be made stackable, and for 1 patch on preview the dragon glyphs could be stacked... and then something broke and since then they haven't been stackable, despite the official mod 6 patch notes saying they could be.

Some overload enchants can be stacked (the ones bought from the stronghold can be i believe, i know for sure that the ap/stamina wards can be) but the dragon gylphs still can't be stacked
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Question. are the fixes going to be rolled out in waves during weekly server maintenance or is this all being dumped at once with 12b?
  • Options
    bawkrubawkru Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    my CW has always had a bug were if i am walking in a direction and dodge and hold that direction still i will rubber band back and forth and tons of times it makes me get hit by easily avoidable hits and i die very very often from it sense mod 5 and i pretty much never play this class agean because of it i have tested this on mine and my roommates computers and it has had the same result of me snapping back and forth as if i only dodged 2-3 feet vs 10 u get it is the only cw on this acount if u just want to copy the char and test yourselfs
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Bugs bugs bugs!

Thoon Hulks in the Throne of the Dwarven gods skirmish are not CC immune. This means companions and any random CC effect stops their charge and prevent success for everyone on the team, even if the person they are charging at was aiming them properly.

To be continued ...
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    scathias said:

Can you guys make Overload Enchantments stack if they havent been used?

I really want to make this visible to the devs, it was back in mod 6 i think that overloads were supposed to be made stackable, and for 1 patch on preview the dragon glyphs could be stacked... and then something broke and since then they haven't been stackable, despite the official mod 6 patch notes saying they could be.

Some overload enchants can be stacked (the ones bought from the stronghold can be i believe, i know for sure that the ap/stamina wards can be) but the dragon gylphs still can't be stacked
    Glyphs and black ice overloads (ie. the fairly cheap, universally useful kinds) don't stack. I believe everything added later can.

And yes, the Mod 6 official patch notes claimed stacking would be possible, but as Scathias said it only worked in one preview build and was reverted and never fixed.
    einsieg said:

Question. are the fixes going to be rolled out in waves during weekly server maintenance or is this all being dumped at once with 12b?

Right in the second post: "We're hoping most of them will come the module after the Swords of Chult."

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Lostmauth's Vengenace has been completely broken for what seems like at least four months. It fails to trigger with alarming consistency. I report this as a GWF that was still clinging to the set for a very long time after it was nerfed, and I noticed it simply stopped functioning some time ago, which finally motivated me to get the Orcus set.

I would look at my combat logs after fighting something where every attack I land is a critical hit and notice Lostmauth's Vengance triggering zero times in some cases.
  • Options
    bawkrubawkru Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    so far at lest 3 times i have gotten loot from bosses and it is a place holder icon that is 6 loots because ther is always 2 of them that gives nothing

also this
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1231344/graphic-bugs
  • Options
    siegericsiegeric Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Storvald becomes bugged if hit with a knock power that succeeds in pushing him.
    How annoying? Moderate, disrupts M/SVA runs. Normally player-fixed by the offending party re-logging.
    Ease to fix? Moderate, verification of powers with knock effects not affecting boss.

Sorting through Guild Roster, including offline players, results in frequent disconnects of Guild Leaders. Alters framerate processing, which may be source of disconnect.
    How annoying? Heavy impact on guild management.
    Ease to fix? Unsure.

Queue Chat disabled by disconnects/relogs (others may have mentioned this).
    How annoying? Incredibly.
    Ease to fix? Unsure, Party Chat appears to continue to work so unclear why Queue Chat stops working.

OP Sanctuary ability does not always make the user CC immune. I normally give it about a 25% chance of working, even if activated and maintained well in advance. Its activation is also quirky as there is a substantial delay between pressing the Shift key and when it actually starts to display the blue circle, if the blue circle ever appears.
    How annoying? Moderate.
    Ease to fix? If there is supposed to be a display/delay animation, that should probably be included in the description. Whether the ability functions as described may be harder to address.

Silver Sword Display (Stronghold Ornament Decoration) does not display anything when placed.
    How annoying? Minor.
    Ease to fix? Easy, just link graphic image to item placement.

Steel Battleaxe Display - Masterwork creation task only permits 3 tools to be used, rather than 4 like most other crafts. This may be intended, but it makes that one task an anomaly.
    How annoying? Minor.
    Ease to fix? Easy, just link missing tool display icon to task.
  • Options
    sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I'd like to add two annoying bugs to the mix on the TR

1. Activating impossible to catch while dodge rolling triggers the cooldown but does not apply the buff. This is super annoying when you are trying to dodge around and you accidently hit the power or you anticipate rolling into cc and hit it too early.

2. Lurkers assault blocks stealth bar recharge under certain conditions (one of which is if you mount up while the buff is active). The only way to reset this issue is to die or rezone.

Also you cannot gain AP from power use while lurkers is active (snail mount power may be the exception or other buffs that grant AP), which kind of limits it's usefulness. This may be a design choice but would just like clarification.
  • Options
    kwongk#3217 kwongk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I will leave some thoughts on GFs/Dwarfs here since that the only thing im playing.

Stand Your Guard Drwarf Racial
    Is this even working? It feels like it doenst work at all. You still get pushed around like a ball.

Tab Mark/Threat generation
    Holding Threat/Generate Threat? Maybe if you are the first to strike, but if not, the player who attacks first will pull threat. FCFS...
    BTW: Why does a OP Tank just get free threat generation for... exisiting?

Enhanced Mark
    ...feels like not doing anything. Especially in ToNG at Orcus. But Orcus in general in ToNG sometimes just randomly attacks a player. OP Tank/GF Tank can have +9000 threat generation and lose it.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Frozen Treasures campaign task in Icewind Dale frequently prompts the Kessel's Retreat Key function instead.

The click area is off. If you click the top of Frozen Treasures, you get Frozen Treasures. If you click the bottom part of Frozen Treasures, you get the key.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options

Also you cannot gain AP from power use while lurkers is active (snail mount power may be the exception or other buffs that grant AP), which kind of limits it's usefulness. This may be a design choice but would just like clarification.

Yes, but. As a longtime PC player, I assure you this was an intentional change, possibly even the first example of a daily that had AP gain disabled for its duration. AP gain being locked for dailies with durations has been re-used many times across classes, and while it's not appropriate to address in the context of bugfixing, many players are supportive of the idea of revisiting all powers given this treatment to re-enable AP gain but add a cooldown in the style of Hallowed Ground, as part of class balancing work.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Sometimes when you complete a quest, an unrelated quest from an entirely different zone is activated.

QoL: Sort the quest log so that the current zone is at the top.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I don't recall if this was ever in patch notes. Was the bug with Deep Gash having no benefit from armor penetration addressed already?
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    Tactical redployment PVP boon only give 20% runnig speed.
  • Options
    wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

There is a problem with loadouts and particularly Shores of Tuern and Lair of Lostmauth. Some single player instances like Briggin's Tomb also have this problem. Some classes to do any damage on boss have to switch loadouts (SW for example). But in order to switch loadout, one has to visit campfire, but eSoT and eLoL campfires are not reachable normally from boss room. Only through death.

Pls do one of the following, or solve problems in some other way:

• Make campfire accessible
    • Generate campfire in boss room for all instances. For some instances there is a long walk back to campfire.
    • Make loadouts changeable in all instances after they are cleared.
    There is a campfire right before the final boss chamber in both ESOT and ELOL.

But there is no AFTER boss. I often queue for dungeons while doing dailes in SKT zone or RD. So after dungeon I'll get back to the middle of nowhere, where I need trash mob loadout rather than the single target loadout I've used on the boss. The problem will be partially solved by RQ change, as PUG-ing for epic dungeons will make much less sense for my chars. But still death removes some buffs (like potions, coins, invokes, that I would rather keep active after dungeon).

Also, considering spped runs, It would be better to ensure that loadout is changeable in campfire right after each boss and before each boss. So there will be no need go back to change it, delaying the party. The option would changing loadout at any place outside of combat, so we would have been able to use it depending on tactical situation even in normal PvE context. I would rather use single target for SKT giants and AoE for the rest mobs there.

• Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Eight bugs from me:

x1 - The shortcut keys for my TR are 7 (artifact) 3 4 5 6 (mount), while my HR is 3 (artifact) 4 5 6 7 (mount). Would be nice if they were the same. :) Note: TR was made before Caturday, HR made after Sharandar (I think). [Answered by Beckylunatic and aerthyn71- thank you!]

2 - Foundry: Enemies occasionally spawn at the wrong Z height after publishing. Always fine when testing. I have a feeling they get put to the 0 / standard plane when this happens but in some maps, especially custom ones, this makes them fall underneath the floor. Quite quest breaking if they are tied to objectives.

3 - Chult hunt items do not stack, and worse, are unique. So you can't carry 2 Trex fangs for example. That can't be working as intended. [aerthyn71 - says it is WAI. Bad design devs. Bad design.]

4 - Well of Dragons: Fetch Quest. The spirit dog is still pulling up boots after... how many years has this been out now? Can you please fix that so that 100% of the time it pulls up dragon bones? I'm not sure if this and the Chult hunt thing above were originally an attempt to make things "harder" but tedium is not difficulty. Tedium is just annoying and uninspired.

5 - Sometimes opening a node (thievery, nature, adventuring etc) results in the node just vanishing without giving any items.

6 - Bryn Shander: Giant Excavators BHE - my guild reached the final(?) phase after the surprise guest and the shield wielding giant were slain, only to have the remaining / near death giant warrior vanish into thin air with 5 minutes to go. That was our first attempt at it, so might just be bad luck but I thought I'd put it down here.

7 - Elemental Evil (more a question than a bug): Where is Aerisi Kalinoth? She used to be at the battle for Mistral Point which I couldn't complete. Then EE got reworked and now the Mistral Point forces are led by a Cloud Giant. Did she get put into a story dungeon that I can't revisit since I've long finished the campaign on both chars?

8 - Chult adventures in the jungle, inside the ruins there is a debris pile in one room (the one with the stairs up to a second floor which usually has a group of baddies). Enemies standing on said debris pile cannot be reliably targeted. Very minor, as it's easy to lure them off it but just thought I'd mention it.
    Post edited by josephskyrim on
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • Options
    eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Not sure if this was fixed but Slyblade Kobold active bonus does not work. At least for hr. Weak/strong Roots nor stuns from crushing roots trigger its active bonus.
  • Options
    ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    Was going to post this but beaten to it-

Powers with Charges (such as Griffon's Wrath, Healing Word, Cordon of Arrows etc) cannot have their cooldowns reduced by Swiftness of the Fox (HR trapper feat), Hastening Light (DC class feature), or anything else that reduces cooldowns by a set amount. These powers also have static values for the cooldowns on their tooltip even though they are affected by recovery.

And I would add that atleast for griffins Wrath the charge count value does not always correctly match number of charges left.

I would also check that recharge speed from recovery actually affects these powers as I can confirm it doesn't seem to work atleast with Griffon's wrath
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Searching for a guild in the guild list UI seems to take into account only the guild recruiting message and the flags specified, but not the actual guild name. So, for example, when people go to the guild list and type "casual" to search for Casual Gamers guild they see a 100+ guild list of guilds which checked the Casual playstyle checkbox, but not the actual Casual Gamers guild.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    90% of the time, if I hit Enter, I'm in the chat box, so I can /g Hello World
    If I open the guild roster to see who is on, then hit enter to start chatting, no matter where my mouse is it brings up the context menu for whichever player is highlighted right at the mouse, dangerously close to Ignore Player, Kick from Guild, Demote within Guild... really surprised I've never accidentally kicked somebody
    Additionally, if I hit after I open the roster, the same context menu pops up, but below the cursor, and hitting again closes the guild panel, which is just weird
    Easy fix- Don't auto-highlight members when the roster pops up
    Let me click on a user if I want to, and then let me unselect the user by clicking somewhere else
    Can't imagine why the has any affect there... with most other panels open would just close the panel
  • Options
    ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Guardian fighter bugs:

Hp feat toughness only work off of Base hp not total hp, would also check hp feats for other classes.

Check that bonus damage from strength focus feat (15% at rank 3) is actually working.

Weapon master strike debuff does not work correctly, and the feated version from staying power that makes wms debuff for 10% for encounter powers does not work correctly either.
  • Options

The shortcut keys for my TR are 7 (artifact) 3 4 5 6 (mount), while my HR is 3 (artifact) 4 5 6 7 (mount). Would be nice if they were the same. :) Note: TR was made before Caturday, HR made after Sharandar (I think).

@josephskyrim When artifacts were added to the game, they changed the default hotkeying for new characters but didn't change the setup for existing characters and just added the artifact to 7. If you want them to be the same, you can manually rebind the keys in your options, or you can follow a guide to setting up aliases to make a template for your entire account.

Neverwinter Census 2017

This discussion has been closed.