test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

Divinity Daunting Light cannot hit compys on some terrain. I was told this is lag related to a slow hitting power, but I have literally never seen it with the much slower, and much smaller Normal/Empowered Daunting Light, and it happens almost every time with Divinity Daunting Light. Also, it happens quite often with the compys standing still and not moving at all.
    https://plays.tv/video/598933eaab18d27e30/buggy-compy-

Found the issue with this and fixed it. This affected both versions of the ability so I went ahead and resolved them both.
    Not just daunting light...

Enemies in Chult areas (Soshenstar River especially) can 'hide' in the bushes and become non-attackable (including AoEs), you can attack them again only if they come out or you go in and spam buttons hoping to hit.

Will it be fixed for other cases too with that fix?
    FrozenFire
  • ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    There is only one bug I want fixed. I want the Forgehammer of Gond to actually do something. I have kept track of success/failure on my use of the hammer for months. After hundreds and hundreds of uses the failure rate for the mythic hammer is exactly the same as any epic/purple tool. This is amazing frustrating and expensive. I've stopped even trying to do the 20% tasks (which should be 35%) except for the one I need to complete the Tier II quests. But having a 40% failure rate instead of 25% means even crafting materials to build up stockpiles is painfully slow. I've reported this problem multiple times and keep getting the stock, "You just haven't done enough" or "that's not how random works" answers from people who clearly don't understand statistics and random distribution. The hammer is clearly broken, fix it.

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017
    In the 'Adventures at Sea' quests, companions often get stuck at the ramps. They usually don't even attempt to cross the ramps.

In the quest 'Out-Pirate the Pirates', it's possible to complete the quest without killing one set of mobs.
    FrozenFire
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    Searching items in Tarmalune Trade House often requires selecting a category before the item is located/recognized.
    Owlbear Cub Companion active bonus does not activate on non-crits on my SW for Killing Flames, Curse Bite, Harrowstorm, Hadar's Grasp, and Arms of Hadar.
    Vampiric Embrace does not provide temp hp on my SW with Curse Consume. Not sure when it stopped providing Temp HP as it isn't a power I have used regularly. I know it works for other SWs but just not for me and some others.
    Dragon's Thirst boon shows in the Character Sheet giving 1% more for each tier of the boon than the boon description (ie. 3/4/5% gives 4/5/6% on Character Sheet).
    Frozen Treasures campaign task in Icewind Dale frequently prompts the Kessel's Retreat Key function instead.
    Zhentarim Warlock companion's Stats tab includes Arcane Warping which is a power that it does not have.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    missed this thread..
    so I won't bump this one
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1235049/celeste-has-gone-missing-from-the-nanny-pu-pu-cut-scene

small superficial bug in the 1st nanny-pu-pu-cut-scene

you can hear her calling for help from 6 foot under the cold, cold ground
    :)
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
    Many critters' attacks do not match their onscreen visuals, though the discrepancy usually only matters when versus dragons or bosses. I first noticed the discrepancy on dragons where either I or my allies/party were not close enough to be hit yet damage was incurred on some bite or claw swipe attacks. Noticed this recently on Hati in FBI when I had the opportunity to solo (as an SW I usually don't go near Hati to trigger those types of attacks) and I took damage when I wasn't close enough to be hit by the paw swipe attack. Lag may the reason but I don't think for many critters lag can be the only reason.
    edited October 2017
    Collections does not recognize a combined total of 13 Mounts and Companions (should I listed each one?) I've collected.
    Post edited by roadkill#6177 on
  • nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the Dungeons achievements list claims that I'm 0/50 of the way towards the Paingiver Achievement/title on both of my main toons (HR and SW), despite several hundred dungeon runs with me as the top DPS.

Same issue with the other scoreboard-based achievement/titles.

I have guildmates with the titles, but they're all ancient players from before the level cap increase, and I don't know anyone who has gotten them recently.
  • yashmak#1787 yashmak Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Awesome! With this and the other characters people have given me, hopefully I'll be able to get this happening for me, and we can make some progress. Our character downloader is being finicky with me right now, but I should be able to work around that (if necessary by begging someone else to download it for me) and with luck I'll be able to dive into this tomorrow or the day after.

I don't know if this could be of any help, but one of my loadouts has this bug, while another one doesn't. To me it seems something related to a feat. I was reading somewhere of a bug related to the "toughness feat". My bugged loadout has this feat while the working one doesn't. It might not have anything to do with it, just reporting it.

• artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

Frozen Treasures campaign task in Icewind Dale frequently prompts the Kessel's Retreat Key function instead.

This happened to me a few minutes ago. I started a Kessel key task instead of Frozen Treasures. Lost 3 currencies :/

I thought I had clicked the wrong box until I saw your post.

Please fix it!
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

Collections does not recognize a combined total of 13 Mounts and Companions (should I listed each one?) I've collected.

I'm sure listing each one would be helpful so they don't have to dig through every companion and mount to look for anomalies, and it would also help identify the pattern of what has problems and what is causing it.
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I was just bothered by an annoying bug yesterday again. Final boss ToNG - going into the fight the Q-leader tank d'ced and did not come back. We waited for 10 minutes and then tried to kick him, if course it didn't work. I understand that the Q-leader is special functions for removing and inviting players, but can you install a timer of like 5min or 10 minutes and after the timer expires the q-lead is give to somebody randomly?

This will not just happen in ToNG, it has happened to me in various dungeons.

So yesterday at ToNG no q-leader - no tank - 1hr of work gone down the drain......

Thx
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
    Production plots in Stronghold frequently are stuck at the coffer cap - 1 (eg. Quarry stuck at 49999 when Coffer cap for Stone is 50000).
  • wintermurlocwintermurloc Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I already see some of the few things i wanted to post about the guardian fighter already being mentioned , but ill list a few if not similar

Commander's Strike (Encounter Power) won't proc Jagged blades on crit hits.

Many have reported about shield bugs over time and a lot of it is true because there is a 0.2 sec activation delay on shield and this is what causes a lot of those annoying shield bugs and hits going through even though you feel you were holding guard. I'm quite sure i've read about this delay a long time back , was it during mod 4 when our 1st major rework came through or was it mod 6, not really sure anymore and i'm not going to dig out ancient patch notes but anyhow I would request you to remove this delay on shield activation as you did for Sanctuary for paladins. This will be a nice qol change for gf's and grant better responses with shield.

Now Threatening Rush, Plz fix the loopy animation this skill does when trying to cancel it off. This is really a huge turnoff and downright irritating , it shows up against stationary targets and moving targets make it a complete mess. To replicate this , get to a dummy , stand just at range to start threat rush. Now hold shift throughout the charge animation or whatever key you have assigned for guard. Voila double looping animation at it's finest :)

I also wanted to talk about animation cancelling in general but that would derail from what this thread intends, but since all of you devs are brainstorming in here squashing bugs , we'll let that stand as the priority for now.

Thank you for the bugfix month. This should be happening at regular intervals with class balances.
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Guild Management Window, News tab "Search" function is practically useless--I get no results for basic words or terms (eg. "left" the guild, "joined" the guild), Coffer donation type. "Clear" function does not seem to work at all--must delete with Backspace or Del.

I've reported it at unofficial Trello site:
    https://trello.com/c/oJs4TExZ/111-the-search-button-in-guild-donation-tab-doesnt-work-very-well
    https://trello.com/c/KuYez9l0/112-the-clear-button-next-to-search-button-in-guild-doesnt-work-at-all

Basicially search is working but you need to switch tab few times/open close window etc to search request actually execute.
    Clear button don't work at all like you said.

And while we're in guild logs:
    Export function: https://trello.com/c/pH74lRBt/95-export-for-guild-logs-joines-leaves-promotion-donations-etc-same-as-exportguildmemberlist
    Missing player handles: https://trello.com/c/jAooKRd1/34-guild-logs-missing-player-handles
    Wrong donation numbers: https://trello.com/c/9Nn4JKU2/33-guild-coffer-donations-log-number-incorrect
    Missing kick/leave info: https://trello.com/c/TDms8hU8/35-guild-logs-missing-kick-invite-notifications
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Message of the Day doesn't display every day.

When you set a message of the day for a private channel, it will not display once a day the way it should and instead only displays at the moment it is set.

Guild search doesn't work properly.

It often returns no results for a guild search, when you know that there are results for that search. For example sometimes if you only search the letter A, it gives no results. Or for example if you searched for, "Corrupted" you would get no results even though the guild very much exists and is very big.

The valindra set.

The set will bug out and grant twice the intended control bonus.

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Another Aspect of the Serpent related bug: Careful Attack often stacks the Ranged AotS buff for each tic, so in large groups you're basically having always two ranged stacks. This bug was fixed by Amenar some time ago and then reappeared.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User

When you set a message of the day for a private channel, it will not display once a day the way it should and instead only displays at the moment it is set.

I can confirm.

Also:
    https://trello.com/c/HY7mcn7R/113-almost-every-new-channel-made-in-recent-months-has-online-count-in-negative

Guild search doesn't work properly.

It often returns no results for a guild search, when you know that there are results for that search. For example sometimes if you only search the letter A, it gives no results. Or for example if you searched for, "Corrupted" you would get no results even though the guild very much exists and is very big.

And it doesn't show guild with enabled visibility quite often. So it's not tied with that option.

• wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User

I've reviewed Villian's Menace, and no, this power isn't getting a crazy new re-haul. Instead, what I was able to do for this was a little more QoL for ALL the CC immunities and CC altering buffs in the game. I've done a quick pass on all our player powers, feats, items, and pet ACBs that do CCs and made sure that these were properly tagged so they would be respected by any CC focused power. So, that will affect Villian's Menace annnddd all the other CC immunity/buff powers in the game!

Counter question: Yes, I only did player powers, not any critters or bosses. As stated in the main post, our rocktober bug squashing is for quick fixes that won't break ALL the things. Unfortunately, since a lot of our bosses' CC powers are intentional, we won't have the time to go through all of their powers to see which ones can be ignored and which ones would break their gameplay.

The complete immunity of Bahomet to controll immunity is by design or bug? No control immunity work for against it.

Also in ballad of bahomet if Minsc is summoned, he could perma-prone player against wall. Could Minsc give player a short pause between strikes and do not use prone-generating attacks if player is already prone?

• wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User

Need to check that random number generator is working correctly for refining chances. No way for players to tell if it is but it seems that most long term players have experienced extremely poor results more than once (stuff like 40+ consecutive fails on a 25%) and I know people do win the lottery but they usually fin thems elves in groups of other lottery winners. It would be less frustrating if there were caps on the fail rates like ten times on a 10% chance.

Actually random number generator is broken in the game. The failure streaks when opening profession nodes are also statistically impossible for good uniform random number generator. I could guess three possibilities, and they are bad:
    • Random number generator results are cached. This is horible, because they do not work as random each time. Just do not cache pls.
    • Random number generator is bound to character and reseeded periodically, and we are seeing periods of warmups. This is also bad, because it treats some attempts less fair. The RNG should be independent of character, possibly node global or thread local seeded from global randomness (or at least character local seeded from global random).
    • Random number generator is prone to give the same results in row given divided by module of chance check (popular RNG in Knut book (it is also standard RNG in many class libraries) is prone to it AFAIR with some parameters and module numbers because it gives fixed offset by some number). Using secure random or other better algorithm will help with it.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited October 2017

There is only one bug I want fixed. I want the Forgehammer of Gond to actually do something. I have kept track of success/failure on my use of the hammer for months. After hundreds and hundreds of uses the failure rate for the mythic hammer is exactly the same as any epic/purple tool.
    The hammer is clearly broken, fix it.

My mythic forgehammer is WAI. I’ve just run a few batches of crafting and it gave 11 out of 25 successes for a 35% task, and 21 out of 25 for a 75% task. I know that the success rate of your hammer depend on the artifact color, so if you summoned it before making your artifact mythic try discarding the tool and use the artifact again.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2017

In the quest 'Out-Pirate the Pirates', it's possible to complete the quest without killing one set of mobs.

There are extra mobs in multiple patrols (sometimes there's only a chance of extra spawn as well). I disagree it's a bug. If they turn out to be rare mobs, I'll kill them. If they are normal animals, I try to leave them alone. They are generally placed so you don't encounter them until after you finish mission objectives anyway. (Or are placed beyond the exit.)

There is an issue with these campaign boxes being slightly overlapped or something. If you click the voucher task at the bottom edge, it will often pull up the prompt for the key task instead, and it's relatively easy to not realize that you've agreed to begin the wrong thing (which you can't cancel). Clicking the top edge of the voucher task seems safe, but I also would not mind it being looked into.
    nirafelos said:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the Dungeons achievements list claims that I'm 0/50 of the way towards the Paingiver Achievement/title on both of my main toons (HR and SW), despite several hundred dungeon runs with me as the top DPS.

Same issue with the other scoreboard-based achievement/titles.

I have guildmates with the titles, but they're all ancient players from before the level cap increase, and I don't know anyone who has gotten them recently.

This system is completely broken. There's an entire thread about it in one of the console sections.
    pterias said:

I'm sure listing each one would be helpful so they don't have to dig through every companion and mount to look for anomalies, and it would also help identify the pattern of what has problems and what is causing it.
    Most often, it seems to be that companions which were originally account-unlocks from packs do not trigger collection entries if they are obtained as a single-use drop from a dungeon. Less sure about mounts, but possibly similar.

Further, if you have previously added a mount to your stable and a collection entry is added for it later, there is no way to get this mount to trigger the entry. In some cases, there is also no way to re-obtain that mount.

If you bind a companion and a collection entry is added for it later, the collection can be triggered by messing with active/idle status.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Here's a not-quite-bug that really bugs me. If you obtain an item from your shared bank, it will trigger relevant collection entries but not lore (Treasures of Faerun for artifacts), quests (Artifact Enthusiast), or achievements (collect a ring of the X slayer). Transferring items by mail does trigger these things, even from another character on your account, so it's not like the game is insisting that each character must get each item independently in order to trigger all the things (and if it was trying to check for that, it wouldn't be fair that they'd still work from buying whatever item). Forcing use of mail is fiddly and risky.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

I was reporting this so many times over the years I forgot about it now... And this is a huge pain...
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Here's something that you need to consider as a bug: Stronghold Marauders Event vouchers rewards.
    I don't have words to describe how pathetic they are. Influence is ok for a weekly, vouchers are... quite bad to say the least.
This discussion has been closed.