test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User

CW Mirage weapons proc feats in CW paragon Trees without interaction from CW. The Mirages causing damage proc these feats independent of player action.

Oooh...do mirages get their own stacks of Assailant, Avalanche, etc?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

zerappus said:

- Cordon of Arrows - This has been reported before, does not crit at long range.

Cordon of Arrows will now crit from long distances.
    Nice, was the fix applicable to DC Chains of Blazing Light as well?

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    dupeks said:

Bronzewood stacking issues on preview (hopefully also being worked on): https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1232902/bronzewood-stacking-preview

The single target effect of the Lightning Enchantment doesn't crit. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1230340/lightning-burst-does-not-crit

The burst effect of Lightning Enhancement should now properly take the player's crit chance into account. (From testing it seemed it could occasionally crit, it was just extremely rare as it wasn't carrying over the player's crit chances)

Bronzewood I'll cautiously say is fixed. It is an odd enough bug that additional testing of the fix could show other outstanding issues. But the intended behavior is a single application of the buff/debuffs.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    > @beckylunatic said:
    > The shortcut keys for my TR are 7 (artifact) 3 4 5 6 (mount), while my HR is 3 (artifact) 4 5 6 7 (mount). Would be nice if they were the same. :) Note: TR was made before Caturday, HR made after Sharandar (I think).
    >
    > @josephskyrim When artifacts were added to the game, they changed the default hotkeying for new characters but didn't change the setup for existing characters and just added the artifact to 7. If you want them to be the same, you can manually rebind the keys in your options, or you can follow a guide to setting up aliases to make a template for your entire account.

I did this by accident yesterday and freaked out. IF you have the old setup and go to options and accidentally restore to default, you will get the "new" setup. Since I was so used to the old way (mount on 6), I had to rebind the keys. So if you actually prefer the newer keybinds, just restore to default and you should be good.
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    [Tymora's Lucky Coin] Causes [Adorable Pocket Pet] to not give any buffs if you use it almost at the same time.

If the mail window is open along with the guild management window in the roster tab and you write for longer than 10 minutes, the game crashes.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited October 2017

theguiido said:
    Shadow Demon has been talked to and he said he won't do this funny business any longer. Truthfully, we were having a hard time duplicating this in house. However, we have a good idea of what was causing this, and have implemented a fix. However, since we were unable to test this properly, there is an itsy, bitsy, tiny chance this may show up again. Behaviorally lectures will continue until Shadow Demon's manners improve.

@ctatumdev#6113 Remember the fix to where when everything would deflect? I think with that fix and the fix you did here it should be much better. It mostly happened with the Negation Enchantment but it could also occur with putting them in combat by lets say me Marking them. As you saw in the video him even hitting me triggered it oddly. Standing near them could also trigger it if they have reflect boons of some sort, but like I said with the fix you guys did to where everything was deflecting this shouldn't be an issue. You can try testing it in-house with what I told you above especially a Negation Enchantment. A TR who has the Shadow Demon on, and hits ITC while you put them in combat or by hitting them while ITC is up will kill you instantly most of the time as well. You can try it that way too.

https://xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/7d58e032-7d99-4387-9540-0b4cb439e331

I appreciate the bug fixes and especially the fix to the long standing issue of the Shadow Demon! He was a wise guy for years but now it's time to move on.

Keep up the great work.
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

The burst effect of Lightning Enhancement should now properly take the player's crit chance into account. (From testing it seemed it could occasionally crit, it was just extremely rare as it wasn't carrying over the player's crit chances)

Bronzewood I'll cautiously say is fixed. It is an odd enough bug that additional testing of the fix could show other outstanding issues. But the intended behavior is a single application of the buff/debuffs.

While I don't think many use BIlethorn... could the dev check the Bilethorn 2nd hit Crit/non Crit issues as well?

Bilethorn suffered from the same odd bug as Lightning: depending on the ability, the BIlethorn second hit would Crit or not Crit. If it was on an ability which didn't crit, then the 2nd hit would never Crit, even if you had a guranteed Crit chance (such as from the CW's Eye of the Storm).

@darthtzarr, @thefabricant, and myself can provide some of the abilities in which Bilethorn exhibits this behavoir.

I recall @darthtzarr had a bug report about this somewhere (And has the magic "I can get the devs to listen" touch for some reason, according to Sharp).

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

If the mail window is open along with the guild management window in the roster tab and you write for longer than 10 minutes, the game crashes.

I've also experienced this. I did a massive inactive purge with personal mails sent to all the long-gone people I was kicking that they'll be welcome if they ever come back, and the game crashed 3 or 4 times while I was working my way through it.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2017

I've also experienced this. I did a massive inactive purge with personal mails sent to all the long-gone people I was kicking that they'll be welcome if they ever come back, and the game crashed 3 or 4 times while I was working my way through it.

I often saw it in the very same situation, makes going through a list of 140 names pretty damn troublesome.

Also I forgot to mention that since a few mods ago you can't change the size of the sections in the guild management Roster, trying to enlarge some causes them to become smaller, they jump sizes randomly, changes the size of all sections and resets to default, it is madness to try to get it to show full name, account name, and rank. Madness!

It would also be pretty nice if it could recall how you fought for five entire minutes to make it look like for longer than it takes to accidentally press "W".
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    macjae said:

The Foehammer's Favor Elixir is twice as effective for Trickster Rogues as for other classes. It increases Deflection Severity by a flat 10%. However, because Trickster Rogues have a base Deflection Severity of 75%, the effect is to reduce damage taken after a successful deflection by 40% rather than 20% as it is for other characters (.15/.25 as opposed to .4/.5). The elixir should have an identical effect for everyone; making it modify the severity to (1 - ((1 - existing severity) × 0.8)) rather than a flat 10% would be ideal.

This is not a bug.

As I reported previously here https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1234004/distilled-potion-of-exalted-healing-alchemy-recipe-is-missing-impossible-to-obtain

It is possible for you to be unable to obtain the Alchemy recipe for Distilled Potion of Exalted Healing.

To reproduce (as far as I know).

You must have completed the Rank 25 Experimentation task and received the recipe for Distilled Potion of Grand Healing, prior to the release of Module 12. After Module 12, the Distilled Potion of Exalted Healing is given in the same task, so if it's already been completed you have no way of getting the recipe.

Also, For the Great Weapon Fighter, Steel Blitz's chance to crit has no relation whatsoever to your actual crit chance on-character. It can crit, but it seems to crit at a much lower chance than it's supposed to.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Courage breaker stacks with any slows. I think I read someone asking about this. So CBing someone then putting them in SB from stealth (this adds a slow effect) then using cloud of steel with offhand feature (CoS becomes a slow then) Causes a character to simply stop moving.
    Post edited by ltgamesttv#0999 on
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    Can repel/knock lycanthropes over the edge into the spike-laden pit before the final boss gate in EGWD but they survive the fall and I guess somehow avoid being impaled, sometimes preventing activation of the bridge to cross the pit and then can make killing them a very tedious effort or impossible if have no range attackers in party.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    PC: River District
    I have regularly come across the Fey Ritual bugged partway through with no enemies to fight. Usually before the Ritual Leader spawns.

The Ritual Leader gives credit for killing a follower of Gyrion regardless of which ritual you are stopping.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    Riding many mounts appears as if the player is holding some kind of reins but I see no corresponding visual.
    edited October 2017
    The list of mounts and companions that my collections does not recognize:

Wolf of the Wild Hunt, Gelatinous Cube (traded before I used it), Hell Hound, Tethyr Horse, Dusk Unicorn, Armored Ghost Horse, Reanimated Destrier, Ashen Brindle Horse, Amnian Horse

Red Dragon Ioun Stone, Kenku Archer, Hunting Hawk
    Post edited by roadkill#6177 on
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    lowjohn said:

Entering a queue instance from the Stronghold often relocates player back to the zone they were in before going to Stronghold after the queue instance is completed.

I can answer this one!

Not a bug: Stronghold instances are ephemeral. Empty stronghold instances are destroyed after a reasonably short (<15m) time, and then a new stronghold instance is created when someone enters the SH. And it drops you back to where you were before for exactly the same reasons as if you had joined the queue from any other instanced content, like a dread ring lair or one of the Well Of Dragons minidungeons: It's deleted the previous state of the temporary instance you were in, so if it were to drop you back in that temporary instance it would have to set it up again from scratch and not include your progress.

Admittedly, this matters much less in a Stronghold instance than in, say Thayan Magical Shelter where it might put you in the middle and you'd have to go back and re-destroy the early nodes before going forward to finish it, but that's why. It's also why you can join a new queue from a completed dungeon and you don't get dropped back to the last boss of the dungeon when you finish the new one.

Wrong! When you enter a queue from the stronghold map you are ALWAYS and to 100% transfered back to where you have been before you entered the stronghold map! No matter if there ARE people on the stronghold map or not. And that IS a bug. A very annoying one.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

lowjohn said:

Entering a queue instance from the Stronghold often relocates player back to the zone they were in before going to Stronghold after the queue instance is completed.

I can answer this one!

Not a bug: Stronghold instances are ephemeral. Empty stronghold instances are destroyed after a reasonably short (<15m) time, and then a new stronghold instance is created when someone enters the SH. And it drops you back to where you were before for exactly the same reasons as if you had joined the queue from any other instanced content, like a dread ring lair or one of the Well Of Dragons minidungeons: It's deleted the previous state of the temporary instance you were in, so if it were to drop you back in that temporary instance it would have to set it up again from scratch and not include your progress.

Admittedly, this matters much less in a Stronghold instance than in, say Thayan Magical Shelter where it might put you in the middle and you'd have to go back and re-destroy the early nodes before going forward to finish it, but that's why. It's also why you can join a new queue from a completed dungeon and you don't get dropped back to the last boss of the dungeon when you finish the new one.

Wrong! When you enter a queue from the stronghold map you are ALWAYS and to 100% transfered back to where you have been before you entered the stronghold map! No matter if there ARE people on the stronghold map or not. And that IS a bug. A very annoying one.
    Whether you like this behavior or not, @lowjohn has just explained where it comes from and why the devs can't, or at least won't, fix it.

You can yell "Wrong!" and "Bug!" all you like, it won't make a difference.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    If it's not already been acknowledged, can someone confirm seekers vengeance for HRs has been fixed to function properly with melee strikes..?

Thanx for the fixes on cordon and pack btw.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Mmm... I think the devs are just trying to get their forum badges with this. :#

/jk «
    FrozenFire
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Coming out of a dodge on TR, you have to stand still for a second or two to use a health potion or it won't trigger.

Moving too soon after activating the Tenser's Disc combat power sometimes cancels the activation. Bad enough that we have to stand still to activate it but then to wait for it further makes it unusable and can get you killed.

After swapping mount skins, mounting becomes bugged and it takes several attempts to actually get on a mount. The animation will play only half way and then cancel.

Visual bug: Most cloaks I've tried on my TR seem to have the weapons slice right through them.

(Thank you for the TR fixes already done!)
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I can't stress enough how good of an idea this October bug fix month is, much praise to the devs for doing this!

I will be posting multiple times in this thread but to start with, here is a list of some of the more prominent bugs for the TR class. Some of these are copied over from the two threads titled Trickster Rogue Class Balance Suggestions and TR Compiled Class Balance Suggestions.

[Note on Priorities]

Some of the advantageous bugs I listed here are currently helping ease the TR class's issues with low damage output and should be fixed at a later date. The reason they are included is because they are likely to cause issues later down the line when more maintenance is done on this class. To make it easy to see which ones these are, I have separated this bug list by category.

[Hindering bugs that should be fixed as soon as possible]

All TR Crowd Control Effects:
    Crowd control effects gamewide are supposed to grant combat advantage against the afflicted target. The Daze from dazing strike is currently the only TR control effect that grants combat advantage. All other TR CCs fail to grant combat advantage.

Shadow of Demise (SOD) Executioner Capstone:
    SOD doesn't register the owner correctly. If more than one TR applies SOD to the same target only one TR gets the credit for the damage. Also, during the SOD 6 seconds up time, some damage is not calculated in. For example, weapon enchantment except Vorpal and damage from Aura of Courage.

Impossible to Catch (ITC) MI Encounter:
    If you get struck by a foe at the same time you cast ITC or get hit too soon after casting ITC, ITC will fail to activate but it will still go on cooldown. The exact same thing happens if you press ITC durring a dodge roll or too soon after a dodge roll ends.

Smoke Bomb (SB) Encounter:
    This power does NOT proc weapon enchantments.
    Also, it’s buggy with its interactions with the feytouched weapon enchantment. Sometimes it will proc the 18% feytouched damage buff and sometimes not. However, it does consistantly proc the 18% feytouched damage debuff. This bug is also demonstrated by the 2 different icons for the feytouched enchantment, one of them is often missing when you proc feytouched with smokebomb.
    Also, smokebomb is buggy when dealing damage to test dummies as it stops hitting them altogether after a short time.

Path of the Blade (POTB) Encounter:
    This power does NOT proc weapon enchantments or the owlbear cub.

Stealth, Tab Mechanic:
    When the soulforged enchantment activates under the effect of Lurker's Assault, our Stealth gets stuck and will not recharge unless we change instance or relog.

Bait and Switch (B&S) Encounter:
    The bait doesn’t hold aggro.

[Hindering bugs that should be fixed as part of a TR rework instead of now]

Courage Breaker (CB) Daily Power (bug 1):
    One issue is that the 120% damage debuff mentioned in the tooltip is inaccurate, the real number is 54.54%.

Note: The full 120% damage debuff CB is supposed to grant could be a balance concern and it may be worth reevaluating how big this debuff should be. Either way, the tooltip needs to be updated.

[Advantageous Bugs that should be fixed as soon as possible]

One with the Shadows (OWTS) Saboteur Capstone:
    This feat can stack. It is also buffing dailies when it is supposed to work only with encounters.

Vengeance's Pursuit (VP) WK Encounter:
    This encounter can be activated many times if the button is pressed fast.

Courage Breaker (CB) Daily Power (bug 2):
    CB will sometimes root the target instead of slowing them. This root lasts for the entire duration of the slow this power would normally deal instead. The cause of this bug is unknown but it has been witnessed by multiple people in player vs player duels including me.

[Advantageous bugs that should be fixed as part of a TR rework instead of now]

Bloodbath (Daily), Razor Action (WK Passive), Infiltrator's Action (MI Passive), and Invisible Infiltrator (MI Passive):
    Activating the daily power bloodbath causes each of these 3 passives to multiply by 2. This results in you getting double the damage these passives are intended to grant whenever you use bloodbath. If you have a lot of cooldown reduction, you can stack these passives more than twice each by using bloodbath before the first passive stacks have worn off.

Razor Action (RA) WK Passive:
    This class feature is dealing piercing damage instead of regular damage.

Cunning Ambusher Heroic Feat:
    This feat is currently stackable and provides more damage than intended because of this. It is normally a 6% damage boost for 6 seconds after leaving stealth but for builds with high recovery, it can be stacked up to 3 times for an 18% damage boost.

[Issues with TR class that are similar to bugs but technically may not be, should be fixed as soon as possible]

Shadowborn Executioner Feat:
    This feat states that it is buffing our next attack, however any damage is calculated as the next attack including at will hits, Bleed ticks or Smoke Bomb ticks. Due to this, it is wasted most of the time.

Disheartening Strike (DS) WK At-Will Power:
    This power is easily interrupted and frequently cancels itself if you move at all while casting it.

Duelist's Flurry (DF) At-Will:

The hits of the flurry stage of this power, which are supposed to apply Bleeds, are skipping and when that happens, fewer bleeds are applied. The maximum number of hits in a full DF is 9, but as shown in a screenshot in the older TR rework threads, it drops to as few as 2. This could be lag induced but its difficult to tell.

When Bleeds are re-applied, only the timer is refreshed. Damage from the Bleeds is not refreshed to benefit from buffs of the moment when they were re-applied. This causes the Bleeds not to receive buffs such as Demon Lord's Immortality set and many other which were not active when Bleeds were applied the first time.

It is also unclear whether or not the bleeds are separated from those of other TRs. The single bleed stacks icon that appears above a target would imply that multiple TRs attacking the same target are somehow sharing the same bleed stacks.

Also, currently Bleeds stack to 11 instead of 10. We don't know if this was a intended hidden buff, but Bleed icon and ACT show different numbers.

Also, the number of bleed ticks after the bleed is applied seems to be random. For example, with two bleeds, we got 5 ticks. With one bleed, we got 7 ticks. With one rotation (about 5 bleeds), we got anywhere from 9-11 ticks.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
This discussion has been closed.