test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Cloaked Ascendancy Issues

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Good morning! Glad to see we didn't have a huge surge of issues reported here over the weekend. I have a few meetings today and I'll check on any updates for the issues reported to date!
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    If the arcanic focus is not a huge problem then what is? :P :P
    Also put the reclaimed resources into the useful items tab or make the stack 999....better the first.

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    i think disappearing stuff is quite more important ( http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/comment/12936222/#Comment_12936222 )
    edited February 2017

The campaign task "Investigate Nostura" ate my Elements of Evil but did not get marked completed. Therefore, I can't finish the quest "Defeating Nostura", nor unlock the portal stones or restoration material. I'm now a few days more behind in order to advance the campaign at all.

Same here, i copy my char in preview server today and i try to complete the task in preview server and Kavatos dont give any quest...i keep my EoE in live for thursday perhaps fix it then.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The Tower of Alteration can take you into dev character options, including but not limited to unavailable hairstyles, tattoos, and eye styles. Menus appears to vary by race. This happened by undoing all changes but not exiting the UI. The options don't appear on your character model when selected, and when I tried on preview to use any of these options, the UI is exited while returning an error, so it's not like you can take Catti-brie's hairstyle or anything (sadface).

The character creation UI causes a new character to assume the ranger idle stance (shoegaze city) every time you alter a setting. You can stand the character straight again by toggling armor on and off, but since you have to do this every time you make one adjustment, it's not a viable workaround for anyone who's particular about their appearance. I was fiddling with a female half-elf DC and did not check if the creation stance bug persists across more combinations. This bug was not happening in the Tower of Alteration interface, and I only checked new characters to see if any of the aforementioned hairstyles had been added. (And good grief, please add.)

The new companion equipment includes pact blades (warlock main-hand), but companions do not have slots for these. A very small selection of companions have grimoire slots (warlock off-hand).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zendar#7391 zendar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm doing the new quests after unlocking Investigate Gyrion. When I reach the part where I have to chase him in his tower, I get to where the interface changes to the "jump" spell. While it indicates the key "Q" should activate it, nothing activates it. I've tried changing the keys. I've relogged. I've failed the quest and re-entered. I've pointed to the ledge while hitting "Q". It just doesn't work for me.
  • ferblferbl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2017

the marked dig site have bug...tells me it has cooldown 1hour but i never play that dig site for 2 days...

Hello everybody. Greetings to you from the distant Russia.
    And problems. Two dig site now the bug lochked.
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User

The campaign task "Investigate Nostura" ate my Elements of Evil but did not get marked completed. Therefore, I can't finish the quest "Defeating Nostura", nor unlock the portal stones or restoration material. I'm now a few days more behind in order to advance the campaign at all.

Same here, i copy my char in preview server today and i try to complete the task in preview server and Kavatos dont give any quest...i keep my EoE in live for thursday perhaps fix it then.
    Same thing for me. I completed the quest, but it still says "Investigate Nostura's Past" yet the quest is no longer available. I since completed the quest "Investigate Nostura" in the campaign hoping it would fix it, but it didn't and I can no longer progress since no more quests are available.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Ok, sorry if i will sound ranting a bit, but i hate this Mod so far, i thought SKT was bad, but at least i could do it.

I have started the new Mod on it's release and found 2 bugs, which is making my progression nearly impossible.

1. I get only credit for anything, if i team up. Many times now confirmed. Once i get one of my poor guildies (thanks to them) to tag along with me on my normally powerful TR, the credit for the done dailies will show up in my inventory, but only when i get somebody. Currently i have to run with them from the beginning, so i don't have to wait for the campaign currency.

2. I go now mad, i rarely and i mean really rarely get evidence of evil, done now over a gazillion HEs and couldn't get the amount needed to progress. I only miss 1 to be able to decide whether to go for the weapons or do something else, but can't get 1, yes 1 crappy evidence of evil, kinda makes me go mad, tried it for over 8 hours today, no luck. >:)

Old roman verdict, thumb down.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

1. I get only credit for anything, if i team up. Many times now confirmed. Once i get one of my poor guildies (thanks to them) to tag along with me on my normally powerful TR, the credit for the done dailies will show up in my inventory, but only when i get somebody. Currently i have to run with them from the beginning, so i don't have to wait for the campaign currency.

What do you mean by " credit for the done dailies will show up in my inventory"? The primary daily is the one where you progress from 0% to 100% and that does not involve anything being added to your inventory. The primary campaign currency are Evidence of Evil and Secrets of the Many-Starred, and they does not show up in the inventory, so....I don't get what you mean. Just what does not show up.

2. I go now mad, i rarely and i mean really rarely get evidence of evil, done now over a gazillion HEs >:)

Why are you doing HEs for hours to get EoE? The primary way to get EoE is the main daily quest, of course (which gives 25), but the other daily quests dock hands, incriminating documents and cipher) also have a chance of giving you EoE - now, so do HEs - they have a chance of giving one, or occasionally 2 EoE, but some people suspect there is an upper limit - after getting around 5, no more will drop for a long time. I cannot confirm that, however - I find HE farming to be a rather silly waste of time - if you want to farm anything you should be farming the dig sites for Arcanic Focus.

I would just settle for getting 25 per day and spend the rest of may playtime doing something else.

I am also going to add a bit of shameless self-promotion here and point people toward my M11 mini-guide here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1228756/mod-11-a-mini-guide
    Hoping for improvements...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Good morning! Glad to see we didn't have a huge surge of issues reported here over the weekend. I have a few meetings today and I'll check on any updates for the issues reported to date!

@nitocris83 The campaign-specific issues that seem to be annoying most people are the following five:

First, HEs bug out, as reported many times before - you get stuck in the "killing reinforcements" phase, as the reinforcements either don't show up or the kills don't count. This applies both to the small and large HEs. This seems to happen less frequently now than on the first day, when the per-instance player limit was higher, so maybe, just maybe this has something to do with the number of people participating in the HE or how quickly the mobs are killed. Also, as I said before, this never seems to happen if you just solo a HE.

Second, the unlocking of the weekly quest might be an issue. It would make sense if it unlocked after you do the "Investigate X" campaign task (but t does not), and now people are saying it does not unlock after you do the "Confront X" task either. The weekly unlocked just fine for me on Preview - I have no idea if there is an issue or not, but it might make sense to check when it is supposed to unlock.

Third, the drop rate of Arcanic Focus is concerning, as it looks like more of a bottleneck than I suspect it was intended to be - I refer to the last section of the mini-guide I mentioned in the previous post for details.

Fourth, the reclaimed resources only stack to 99, and may therefore use up excessive inventory space. It would be appreciated if they could stack to 999. Also Ornately carved boxes only stack to 5 ... making them stack to 99 would be appreciated.

Fifth, there seems to be an issue with the 1-hour timer on dig sites. I have not run into this myself, but people are saying that some dig sites stay locked for much longer than one hour - days even.

There are two "issues" that are reported over and over, but they are not issues as such - on one hand people are confused on how the crypt/dungeon/sewer maps work and on the other hand it is not clear that to turn in the "big daily" quest you also need to finish the other quest from Ostaram. Maybe some clarification in the texts would be in order.

And yes, more people are encountering full profession resource inventories, and that results in some weird error messages. We really, really need more slots.

Finally, there is an exploit that is being used to double a certain drop rate. I will not go into details here, but I can send them privately if you are not aware of the issue.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    adinosii said:

What do you mean by " credit for the done dailies will show up in my inventory"? The primary daily is the one where you progress from 0% to 100% and that does not involve anything being added to your inventory. The primary campaign currency are Evidence of Evil and Secrets of the Many-Starred, and they does not show up in the inventory, so....I don't get what you mean. Just what does not show up.

2. I go now mad, i rarely and i mean really rarely get evidence of evil, done now over a gazillion HEs >:)

Why are you doing HEs for hours to get EoE? The primary way to get EoE is the main daily quest, of course (which gives 25), but the other daily quests dock hands, incriminating documents and cipher) also have a chance of giving you EoE - now, so do HEs - they have a chance of giving one, or occasionally 2 EoE, but some people suspect there is an upper limit - after getting around 5, no more will drop for a long time. I cannot confirm that, however - I find HE farming to be a rather silly waste of time - if you want to farm anything you should be farming the dig sites for Arcanic Focus.

I would just settle for getting 25 per day and spend the rest of may playtime doing something else.

I am also going to add a bit of shameless self-promotion here and point people toward my M11 mini-guide here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1228756/mod-11-a-mini-guide
    Oh sorry @adinosii i was as bit in ranting mood, my head was not 100% clear from emotions, should have chosen my words a bit more correctly, sorry.

Bug 1/ on my side: Not in inventory sorry, but when i open up the campaign tracker, it is not present at the bottom, i don't see the daily amount of campaign currencies, unless i grab a poor soul by my side.

Bug 2 / Sorry i haven't elaborated on that enough too, none of those options you have mentioned did help me in those 8+ hours, none gave 1 piece of evidence of evil to me, none. I even went on with 3 of my guildies, following them on their campaign for a possible chance, but i got nada.

Thank you for your effort to help me, much appreciated!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

On preview, there was a system notification when you filled the campaign progress bars for Secure the District and (presumably) Resist the Ritual. This is not working on live, or not consistently, or it's not sufficiently noticeable in a setting where there's a lot of chatter. It's not player-friendly to have to constantly open the UI to monitor progress to try to avoid going over by too much, and it's unpleasant knowing that you lose anything you gained over 100 when you do notice you've got a full bar... or more accurately, when you don't notice immediately.

Neverwinter Census 2017

I would suggest that anyone experiencing being locked out of dig sites for hours/days/forever should post their name@handle details so the devs can try to work out what affected characters have in common. It is not affecting everyone.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    @nitocris83

please take a look at ARCANE FOCUS drop rates...its so low that is not even fun
  • sm0key04sm0key04 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Volcanic Galebs....I got two from two promotions (here is one https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9066273-earn-exclusive-companions-today!) and since The Cloaked Ascendancy dropped they both have been nerfed from purple to green. Also the active bonus that used be be available over the entire game is now limited to Nostura's minions (see screen shot https://support.arcgames.com/ci/fattach/get/749794/1487963012/filename/Screenshot+(1).png). Will this be fixed or if not will we be able to select another purple companion to replace it that works everywhere like this one used to be. I hope you will stand behind your promotions and not just say screw you we will do what we want.
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Not sure if its a bug or WAI.
    When changing zones I find myself ported to campsites that are under attack a majority of the time, making it impossible to mount unless I fight or run until the agro on me drops. Kind of a PITA if you are jumping to Ships/BHE's trying to acquire EoE. We should only get transferred to open campfires in the River District. IMHO
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
    hudman21 said:

Not sure if its a bug or WAI.
    When changing zones I find myself ported to campsites that are under attack a majority of the time, making it impossible to mount unless I fight or run until the agro on me drops. Kind of a PITA if you are jumping to Ships/BHE's trying to acquire EoE. We should only get transferred to open campfires in the River District. IMHO

The game isn't as smart as you want it to be. It moves you to the valid respawn point that is geographically closest to the location you were at. The camp being under attack is coincidental, other than if you are moving to a zone where players are farming HEs, they are likely not defending other positions.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• vexadrosvexadros Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Having the issues where 2 dig sites have been locked for the entire day. Character is Vexadros@vexadros
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    As we need to dig sites a lot, please, consider a countdown timer when you keep mouse cursor on a specific dig site for a second, same as HEs, or even better, just gray out or just change a bit a site icon when they are unavailable for diggin (add small padlock icon for example)
  • david154david154 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2017
    Can't find where to delete this comment

I'm sorry for bothering
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    Bug:
    I am unable to equip the green quality gorgon mount from the many starred lockbox. Every single time I try to I get an error message that says I already have this item equipped. I am 100% sure I do not have this item equipped already. My guess is Neverwinter is mistaking the gorgon as a different mount already in my stables. I collect mounts and Its common for things in this game to be recycled or reskinned so it would make sense for this to be the cause of the bug.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User

1. Reclaiming River District - on completion of the quest the quest tracker directs you to return to PRIVATE Hawthidon, it should be SARGENT Hawthidon.

2. Dig Sites - I have run across a number of dig sites that are not accessible - not locked out because of the timer but rather the Foreman's option to pay for a pass is not accessible, the option to reset the site is not presented and the dig site entrance itself displays no sparkles - either red or otherwise - almost as if the dig site is in some intermediate stage and never got fully initialized.

3. Behind the Mask - The second chase/jumping part is seriously bugged in two ways -
    a. The Jump Spell is activated using "Q" encounter key - however on a number of instances pressing "Q" results in the original encounter that is mapped to that key activating instead of the Jump Spell - result character plummets to their death.
    b. I have done this about 5 times and in all but the first time there has been an issue with the jump platforms not materializing. Basically you end up in a dead end with the platform you are standing on the only one existing and no place to jump to and then it disappears. Requires repeatedly plummeting to your death before you finally get a set of platforms that fully leads to the final fight. I am assuming this is a bug in the initialization of the platforms and not a totally inane move by the devs. The Z path doesn't materialize in this area which makes it even more interesting.

4. Dig site fights - not sure if this is a bug but it is different than previous boss fights - If you kill the boss (in this instance a Wrymling) but then subsequently fall to the wave after wave after wave of reinforcements the entire fight resets with some interesting changes from before - the Boss resets with full hp AND all the reinforcements from EVERY wave are now present with full HP. One Wrymling and 47 various Kobolds all packed into the altar area (the old Bone Golem fight from Throne of Idris area) made for an "interesting" experience. It should be either a complete reset from scratch or previously killed NPCs don't reappear; not this "well let's make this really hard" mode.

5. Secure the District and Resist the Ritual campaign tasks in the Campaign Tracker are not announced to the player routinely when they are completed ( had it happen only once on one toon). Since anything collected after the 100 is effectively lost this puts the player in the position to have to constantly open the CT to find out the status or end up wasting resources. Either should be some sort of visual indicator on the player's interface or the resources just keep piling up without being lost (my preference). Note this happens also if the player has not unlocked the Heir Apparent in the CT, you can't turn in the two tasks so anything over 100 just goes to waste - the CT shows the number over a 100 though so it is getting tracked.

Things I noticed this first week

Imathil
    Storm of the Phoenix
    Guild Leader
  • buffehans1buffehans1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User

I'm doing the new quests after unlocking Investigate Gyrion. When I reach the part where I have to chase him in his tower, I get to where the interface changes to the "jump" spell. While it indicates the key "Q" should activate it, nothing activates it. I've tried changing the keys. I've relogged. I've failed the quest and re-entered. I've pointed to the ledge while hitting "Q". It just doesn't work for me.

Same here on GWF
    Gutbuster.
    Draven - GF
    Celine Darkblade - TR
    Zuul - GWF
    edited March 2017
    People experiencing a bug where Q will not activate jumping probably need to access their gameplay options and hit the "restore defaults" button. You'll need to redo any custom keybinds that you use, but it should fix the problem.

It is a manifestation of a common bug where area targetting stops working for a character, but players of HRs and DCs are most likely to notice they are affected right away because others classes don't tend to rely on powers that cast this way so much, mostly using powers that either target a critter or are centered on self, rather than aiming a splat. A GWF could likely have been running around with this bug for weeks and not realize it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited March 2017
    Guys how many arcanic focus take per day? i play for 5 days all day dig sites and i take only 3 per day...........when i take the third arcanic focus the game stop gives me a arcanic focus.....im only for have this problem?

• hodielhodiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    When I complete a quest that offers boxes as a reward, like Resist the Rituals or Riverfront Rumble, I don't seem to get the boxes unless there is already space in my inventory. Not a problem with RtR as I can clear space before finishing the quest, but it is with RR as it finished once the last baddie is killed and I can't pre-clear since I have the Gilded Giant Spider mount so end up with lots of drops filling up the inventory slots.
    Anyone else had this? Haven't found any other references... :-/
    Thanks.
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    I've encountered both the locked dig sites (can't buy a pass even when I have not be in the dig site yet) and the failed chests when I complete securing the district and resisting the rituals. I've checked and double checked my inventory, including professions. I have 15 ornately carved boxes in inventory and it appears I AM getting those, but no rusted lockbox from the drop quest, no forgotten chest and no decorative metal box. I was stacking the decorative metal boxes and opened some of those in case there is a hidden limit. As it sits now, being unable to get into all the dig sites and not receiving progression mats, this puts a serious hindrance on what I was considering is a good mod overall. Aside from the Arcanic Focus, once you figure things out it is not nearly as soul sucking as SoMI.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

a very unusual bug popped up for me today. my active companion (fire archon) some how duplicated itself so i had 2 active at the same time. it persisted through dismissal, deactivation, and changing actice companions, plus it gave me the usual companions gift from my normal archon. i have no idea how it happened in the first place and i couldn't replicate it but i do have evidence of the bugged archon in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-hwHi6FBt0&t=484s

i had this with my augment cat companion and giving me 2xcat prowness buff on my alt