test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Cloaked Ascendancy Issues

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Please report all bugs and issues for The Cloaked Ascendancy on PC here so our Q&A and community teams can look into it. Provide as much information as possible!

Comments

• michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Vanguard’s Banner is still bugged. Now the debuff works at dummies, but if you fight a mob and your Armor Penetration is capped, it doesn’t grant any debuff at all (thanks to who tested it).

Ranks II, III and IV of Aura of Radiance (Oathbound Paladin class feature) don’t work: the damage of the skill is the same at every rank.

Ranks II, III and IV of Aura of Truth (Oathbound Paladin) don’t work: the damage reduction is the same at every rank. The rank of this Aura increases if you put points into Aura of Vengeance.

If you use Eye of the Giant before entering in combat, it grants “infinite” Damage Resistance and the enemies hit you with 20% effectiveness. Also In PvP, if you use it outside combat, the other players hit you with 20% effectiveness regardless of their Armor Penetration.

Warden’s Courage (Hunter Ranger feat) increases the Damage Resistance penalty of Throw Caution instead of reducing it. If you use Throw Caution (rank IV) and you don’t have the feat, you lose 10% DR; if you use Throw Caution and you have the feat you lose 15% DR.

The tooltip of empowered Chains of Blazing Light (Devoted Cleric encounter power) claims that the skills has 10% more damage per stack consumed, but the damage increase is 15% per stack. Please fix the tooltip, not the skill XD.

Controlled Momentum (Control Wizard feat) grants a 10% damage buff (with 5/5 points), but the tooltip claims a 5% buff.

(small edit: this post was moved to mod 11 bugs thread, but probably a lot of these bugs existed before it)
    Post edited by michela123 on
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Fatal error modifying .hogg file error #25 can't even patch, brilliant (the problem is with texture.hogg)

And fixed, deleted texture.hogg, redownloaded it
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    The optional step to change appearance in the Tower of Alteration asks the user if they want to spend an appearance change token. I understand (but didn't personally test) that a token is not consumed, but the prompt is confusing.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    As for fixing tooltip, since the last big changes in SW class: the Tyrannical Curse - the description changed only half way, so now it is highly confusing what the power and its rank 2, 3 and 4 actually do.

(mixing singular and plural + used plural does not match with my observation of single target spell, that means noted damage link between cursed targets is probably artefact of past... and rank 2, 3, 4 sounds like addressing this no longer valid damage link)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @terramak Please heed.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • duskwoodduskwood Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    :"Judge" the final ability in the Justice tree for paladins no longer re-applies itself if it's already active. It will not reapply unless the first has worn off, makes having to use divine call more than once in 10 seconds (need to taunt or heal) drops our uptime on it a bit.

Ghost companion still does not trigger protectors comradarie.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Heads up that people have been in a lot of meetings today so answers have been slow to come in. I'm out getting tortured by the dentist tomorrow so any urgent answers or notifications will be passed on through the mods, other Devs, or @strumslinger since me typing when I'm under painkillers is a bad idea.
  • nylatlthesecondnylatlthesecond Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    My launcher refuses to patch at all. It initially did patch but only got to about 50ish MB (I have about a gigabyte to patch, haven't played for a while), but now it's just sitting on "patching..." and doing absolutely nothing.
  • I started working on "Brother, Can You Spare a Copper?", talked to Neverember, then to the lady, and when it said to talk to Kavatos, I used a travel portal to go back to PE. That Kavatos won't talk to me, and River District no longer shows up on the map to go to...so I can't go back there and find him. Help?
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Armor dye was removed on my DC and GF (only ones checked thus far). Someone mentioned that their weapon transmute was removed, but that did not happen to me.

• hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    'Mercantile Missions' doesn't finish when you reach 100%. It just says 'Complete Ostaram's Mercantile Mission' but there is no quest, neither a quest path. Maybe I just failed to see it..
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
    Reported in the patch notes thread (and I saw it myself):
    adinosii said:

HEs (OK, "rituals") are broken. It does not count reinforcements, so you get stuck on 3/7 or something like that...unable to complete.

• darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    So are we not getting additional companion gear since unless I'm missing something, the new gear doesn't include a power/recovery combo. And then there's the fact that if you take any of the defense ones as pally half the stats are basically useless.

Prefix is as follows (meaning primary stat is higher):

Heroic = Power, Critical Strike
    Fierce = Critical Strike, Power
    Bold = Armor Penetration, Critical Strike
    Sturdy = Deflection, Defense
    Defiant = Defense, Lifesteal
    Obediant = Health, Defense

Did I miss any?

And on that note can we get companion gear added somewhere under the collection?
    Post edited by darkstarrfoff on
  • syllie#0873 syllie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @tripsofthrymr said:
    > Armor dye was removed on my DC and GF (only ones checked thus far). Someone mentioned that their weapon transmute was removed, but that did not happen to me.

Something slightly related perhaps. Being a DC wearing Lifesilk Spinneret, which I dyed with the Swashbuckler dyes. The 'skirt' part of the armor has visually disappeared after the update so it appears I run around in my undies :/
  • xvshadowvxxvshadowvx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can we fix the numerous other issues with the game while we're at it? For example: The Collection Menu is all kinds of mess up. The top where you select which Collection you want is misaligned. I can't change the setting to where I can see my own name at all times. The "Options" menu just doesn't want you to see your own name. OTHER STUFF, I'M SURE
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The collection streamlining of artifact equipment should collapse the neck/belt pairs onto a single page for each of those sets as well as the main/off-hand condensing that was already done. Seriously, having to page through everything in order to find a specific item was a bad change in the first place.

I had an unclaimed Volcanic Galeb Dhur that used to be epic and shared an active bonus with the normal one. This was changed to the uncommon companion with the active bonus against Nostura's minions. I also had an unclaimed Gelatinous Cube companion which I believe was formerly rare and has been downgraded to uncommon. Since these are changes on the item code level, I can't see it having made a difference if I'd claimed and equipped them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    nvm
    Post edited by gankdalf#8991 on

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• pskittenpskitten Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    grrouper said:

Reclaiming the river district "enter the sewer at a dig site" seems to be bugged i have a sewer map just i will not let me enter only way is to buy permission from the person at the site and if i do that it does not give me credit for going in. Maybe i am missing something but i bought a map as said in quest line went to just about every ladder/sewer dig site on map just nothing shows up to let me go in unless i by a permission.

I am having this same issue.
    Maybe I'm missing something, too, but right now.. I am literally stuck with this quest.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    Texture model for Lifesilk Spinneret has changed from SKT. Shirt portion no longer is in the model and the skirt portion is also missing. I had used it as a transmute & then dyed it before mod 11.
    grrouper said:

pskitten said:

grrouper said:

Reclaiming the river district "enter the sewer at a dig site" seems to be bugged i have a sewer map just i will not let me enter only way is to buy permission from the person at the site and if i do that it does not give me credit for going in. Maybe i am missing something but i bought a map as said in quest line went to just about every ladder/sewer dig site on map just nothing shows up to let me go in unless i by a permission.

I am having this same issue.
    Maybe I'm missing something, too, but right now.. I am literally stuck with this quest.
    i spoke with a friend and he managed to direct me to the correct sewer seems only the one will work or that was my case. The sewer dig site i used was far right side and close to the top of map, just funny how the other sewers dont work yet the all show as used for that quest.
    Glad you got it figured out!
    Mine was doing the same, until I ran into someone from my alliance to direct me as well.
    It was the same sewer for me as well. Odd how they're all highlighted though.
    Now the issue is, I can't turn in "Mercantile Missions". I have completed it as well.
    I am guessing it's bugged?
  • waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Minor visual

Abberant drake mount that drops from the new lockbox has a large gap along its neck plates where you can see straight through to the other side of the mount, or even inside it.
    And it has no eyes. Same issue - see through to the other side.
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • echoofinfinityechoofinfinity Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Scaling issue in the character creator makes head and half of my body appear offscreen, even at minimum zoom, as well as what is shown in the character creator and what is given is quite different, eye spacing, head depth, and eyebrow type were all different from what was shown and what was given when I spent an appearance token.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    pskitten said:

Now the issue is, I can't turn in "Mercantile Missions". I have completed it as well.
    I am guessing it's bugged?

Same problem here. Can't complete it. Everything done but no indicator on what to do after that.