test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Cloaked Ascendancy Issues

Comments

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Donating supplies to the guardhouse mechanics need to be changed. I waited 10 minutes last night before I could find one to donate to and that was after running around to three different guard houses. They're filling up too quickly. I'd suggest increasing their limit or reducing the time it takes for them to be "fillable" again. I know that if they are attacked, you can add donations but everyone was killing anything "red" last night so the coffers were always full.

For future reference - when designing daily mechanics, please keep in mind that the first few weeks of a new Mod will have a LOT of folks in each instance. Design your mechanics around that instead of building in a longer time limit for tasks that you're requiring us to do. If you want us to do a task, don't make us wait or play the instance hopping game (like the Guard Duty daily in Bryn Shander).
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I, too, had issues with the sewer map thing. Only by looking at the overhead map and mousing over each of the the ladders, did I find one that said "sewer".. and yes, I still had to pay for access to it, even though I had a sewer map.

It was my understanding that if I had the sewer map that I could go into any of the dig sites and it would magically whisk me away to a sewer. The wording for the map explanation is jumbled and confusing.

Another immediate bug that has cropped up is the lag time for Stronghold NPC quest-givers: the yellow diamond doesn't immediately appear over their heads. Not game-breaking, but a general PITA.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    vida44 said:

pskitten said:

Now the issue is, I can't turn in "Mercantile Missions". I have completed it as well.
    I am guessing it's bugged?

Same problem here. Can't complete it. Everything done but no indicator on what to do after that.
    I had the same problem and I solved it. You have a quest from "Ostaram Copperwise" (dunno if this quest is bugged or just no quest path). Abandon this quest and take a different one (kill X foes) from Ostaram. Complete this quest and you should be able to turn in "Mercantile Missions".
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    pskittenpskitten Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    vida44 said:

pskitten said:

Now the issue is, I can't turn in "Mercantile Missions". I have completed it as well.
    I am guessing it's bugged?

Same problem here. Can't complete it. Everything done but no indicator on what to do after that.
    I ended up figuring it out.
    Along with the Mercantile Missions quest he gives, you also have to pick up one of the other quests he has.
    Finishing that along with Mercantile will grant the turn in for both.

Edit: Oops, didn't see it was answered above until after I answered.

• Options
    d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 73 Arc User

I started working on "Brother, Can You Spare a Copper?", talked to Neverember, then to the lady, and when it said to talk to Kavatos, I used a travel portal to go back to PE. That Kavatos won't talk to me, and River District no longer shows up on the map to go to...so I can't go back there and find him. Help?

Having the same problem river district is gone from the map and cant get back there.

• Options
    elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited February 2017
  • Options
    diesel#3831 diesel Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    treasure maps looks bugged. i got a few and i found place but all i got was stupid sound and after a few sec.(10-15) the place was clickable again, with same result (stupid sound)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    r000kie said:

I can't take it out either.

Did you press the Transfer button? It seems obvious, but I forgot about that at least 2 times (need space in profession bag)

I figured it out right after I posted it and deleted my durpy post. It's a profession item like you said XD So I made space in my profession tab.
    Post edited by elvalianon on
  • Options
    So uhm... what are the other stats when it's rare, epic, legendary and mythic?

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

You should be able to find that if you look it up under the artifacts category and not campaign section. That's standard collection formatting (basic item in campaign section and all ranks in item categories).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

You should be able to find that if you look it up under the artifacts category and not campaign section. That's standard collection formatting (basic item in campaign section and all ranks in item categories).
    Right, thank you! :)
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It seems that the maps for sewers, dungeons and crypts are to allow you to designate a newly established dig (should you ever happen up such a thing) and that it will set that dig to the type of map you have. However, as all instances seem to completely full, the digs are all established. To complete the quest, you are either going to have to find a pass or else buy one. I've been discarding the passes, thinking they were only good for an hour but a guildie explained that was just the cooldown. Regardless, that would be a lot of inventory space... As explained above, locate and existing sewer by using your zone map.

My current most annoying bug is that the game isn't saving my character's locations when I change characters. I can go into a dungeon or skirmish and all is normal, but if I change characters, there is a very good chance that when I come back, the character will be back at wherever she entered the zone from. This is occurring in River District, Protector's Enclave and Sharandar but likely across all zones. It's my biggest nuisance at the moment because all of my characters normally reside in the Protector's Garden, but now they are just hanging out at the main gate.

Lag. It's not as bad today, but yesterday it was horrible. Why is the instance cap set to 50 people? Besides the issue of so much going on at one place, it's likely why no one can find unclaimed digs or find guard posts to donate to. Please lower the instance cap to something reasonable. Sea of Moving Ice is only 20, hardcapped at 25!

Campaign instructions. Its been trial and error for me and my friends trying to understand how to progress, how to acquire currencies, and where to use them. Everyone has been confused about how to progress with the Sewer quest.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The passes do vanish after an hour (they most assuredly did on preview). There is no way to reuse one, so you might as well toss them. I told the devs the passes were basically just useless tat because of the mechanics surrounding them. Since they've made it so if you enter a dig site and leave without completing it, you're still barred from re-entry for a full hour, more useless than ever, really.

Instance cap was already reported to be lowered to 30 and much more functional now. So I heard.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Having an issue where sometimes leaving the game and going back into, or changing characters, will put me at the entry point of the map instead of where I left my character on the map. Happens a lot of the SH map.
  • Options
    eyceaethereyceaether Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I think small, regular AI are randomly doing X times the damage (Not talking about crits, looking like it's 3.14 times the damage). I just had a Sniper hit me for about 17.04k damage without a critical hit, and 20k with a critical hit. Then a few seconds later I was hit for 5.42k damage from a Sniper.

I think this could possibly be effecting every single AI in the game.

• Options
    pitshade said:

My current most annoying bug is that the game isn't saving my character's locations when I change characters. I can go into a dungeon or skirmish and all is normal, but if I change characters, there is a very good chance that when I come back, the character will be back at wherever she entered the zone from. This is occurring in River District, Protector's Enclave and Sharandar but likely across all zones. It's my biggest nuisance at the moment because all of my characters normally reside in the Protector's Garden, but now they are just hanging out at the main gate.

It has occurred to me that this actually mimics when you need to choose "safe login" when loading a character (crashed changing maps, etc.). That moves you to a spawn point rather than where you left off.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    Using the spam report function on the mailbox returns the error cited below. The message was deleted but I was not informed of adding anyone to my ignore list (which isn't why I use the report function anyway).

Not sure who "spammerhandle" is. Please provide the player's handle (e.g. "characterName@handle")

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    creepykilljoycreepykilljoy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Travelling Merchant bugged. Even after completing Clear the Docks on the campaign task list all merchant offers is "Complete the campaign task Clear the Docks to unlock the Travelling Merchant's Store."
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Limited testing seems ro indicate that logging out or exiting the game from a character causes the server to remember their position. It does NOT cause the game to remember locations of characters who were switched from and not visited again during thw session. Changing characters would seem to be the cause and not simply logging out.

That is an interesting observation, Becky, thank you.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    The fix to the ? and ! marks above quest giver NPCs has had an unintended consequence: The ? and ! marks only spawn once I'm close to the quest-giver. This makes them near-useless, especially in the new zone where I don't know all the characters yet.

Anyone else having this issue? Want to ask before I try to blindly fiddling with my settings to see if it is an edge case.
  • Options
    Ostaram's Villa interior second floor has some bottle props floating in the absence of a table. When Neverember leaves after your conversation, the length of time it takes his guard to follow would probably get most bodyguards fired.

Positive observation based on mentioning follow speed - if the distance Neverember keeps from the PC in Ch. 2 is now the default NPC follow distance, hallelujah. I would be so glad to not have NPCs trying to crawl up my backside on any quest with a helper... or hinderer, but less hindering if they can keep a respectful distance.
    dupeks said:

The fix to the ? and ! marks above quest giver NPCs has had an unintended consequence: The ? and ! marks only spawn once I'm close to the quest-giver. This makes them near-useless, especially in the new zone where I don't know all the characters yet.

Anyone else having this issue? Want to ask before I try to blindly fiddling with my settings to see if it is an edge case.

I don't think I noticed that there was a fix for quest markers, but agree that there's a noticeable delay before they show up.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    dupeks said:

I've got the same issue. IDK what's up with the graphics stuff recently, thinks have been loading funny for me for a while or not loading till I get close when nothing has changed besides game patches.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Mimics now have identical interaction text to treasure chests.

Maybe so, but you can still tell a mimic without interacting with it.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    millsc14millsc14 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    cant complete investigate the history of nulara( or whatever her name is). I clicked the arch druid's text too quickly and didnt see what she said otherthatn she would do what she could to help. I've been told that the questline ends at the lynching tree, but I see no main world map marker for it
  • Options
    anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Resist the Rituals, top left in the campaign window. You have to collect 100 Resistance to earn a reward. You can continue collecting over 100, but when turning in the quest, all stored Resistance is used. So, if you have collected 200, it consumes all of it, instead of 100. It doesn't show this while the quest is resolving (during the 20 seconds), it shows what you have remaining after consuming the 100, but when you go to collect your chest, Resistance is resets to 0.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    You pick up a randomly dropped quest item which gives you a quest to kill 5 adventurers. I spent half an hour going round an instance with 3 people in it and didn't see one despite being told where they should be, suspect they're not respawning correctly.

Also HEs big and small where they stop spawning badguys part way thru are not cool.