test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Removal of Legacy Set Bonuses

Comments

• capkokocapkoko Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    As a user of one of those sets (HV one) i can understand the decisión of retiring/quit the bonuses of them but then some question bothers me. What we do with the reinforce ítems some (or all) of us have put in them? Because lets be clear those ítems are not cheap (building or buying them in AH). You are making those ítems usseless and we lose a very indecent amount of invested AD. Im ok with the sets but losing the reinforce ítems makes me angry. If at least you would make posible to retire them from the sets (without cost pls) then go ahead.
    If this was spoken before sorry, i havent had time to read all.
  • cabar1cabar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 124 Arc User
    meirami said:

Goodness. "Players are selling an old item at a price I don't agree with! It must be OP."

The AH price is mostly based on rarity since those items were removed with mod6 and GF and DC were (are?) much less popular to play than CW, for example. At least the sets are still available in the auction house, so there is nothing stopping a person interested in acquiring them doing so in a way that is much less tedious than repeating the same dungeon 50+ times hoping to get the missing glove/helm/whatever. If they were game changers, would there be any pieces left anywhere? Hardly, although I'm sure that the people trying to sell those old sets are rubbing their hands with glee each time somebody starts a thread like this. That said, I would like to give a small shoutout to High Vizier. Let's get those prices up, too.

I think anybody who managed to get those sets the old, hard way deserves to have them, as it's the perk of being a loyal, old customer.

I agree! If I spent the time to obtain one of these sets (and I mean 'DAYS', why can't I run around and show it off? I have the new armour too, but sometimes it is nostalgic.
    99 lines of code on the wall, 99 lines of code, add one line, compile it again....... 113 lines on code on the wall
    113 lines of code on the wall, 113 lines of code, rewrite one line, compile it again.......
    Wait For It
  • inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    They don't see the need, probably because they aren't paying attention to posts that aren't 60 pages long after one week :p more likely though they think they have done a wonderful job and you still have the set, it just isn't as good as it once was. So you haven't officially lost the item.

Its too bad that nerfing the set will have little or no effect on how fast fang breaker is run (like we all care, most of us haven't even ran it, and won't any time soon. It wasn't made for your average players anyway). Like I was saying the set won't affect much anyway.

Bugs, compaions, bonding stones, mount bonuses and insignia are what is breaking the game right now, but I'm sure they know the's things already.

These things probably won't be addressed anytime soon because they give players a reason to open their wallets. And it would look bad to be on a team that contributed to creating those messes.

Anyway cheers and good luck getting those armor reinforcements back out of your armor.
  • bapibasu#5690 bapibasu Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    i just reach lvl 70 on DC it's and i just got the Elemental Fire weapons .hard to play even for elemental Air map i can not even go to Will of dragon and play there .. be coz im too much weak . now they remove the weapons power how am i suppose to play any of the harder map or going to quest by follow story .. they want me to play EDemo for the weapos set bonus i can't even play and complete single quest on the underdark story alone .. why this weapons power remove ??? i understand the higher power and higher old ppl want to play end game constant dose that means the beginning story go off and the people play with beginning story they r not have to power to advance and get up there... Nice good End game Change!!!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @bapibasu#5690

They did not disable the set bonus from Elemental Fire weapons, or any level 70 equipment, only the older level 60 epic sets.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bapibasu#5690 bapibasu Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    XD where is that 2 weapons set Power .. when u use daily u gain 25% AP ???? it's normal sts i can see now
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Oh, that is the Burning set, not Elemental Fire. It should still have a set bonus, but I am not at home to look at things.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia