What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Removal of Legacy Set Bonuses

Comments

• Options
    hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    These sets are not OP by far.... They help a little bit yes, but not that much, certainly not enough to justify paying what some ppl payed for them.
    I have a righteous DC build for full buff and debuff support and use HP set. From time to time I just random queue for dungeons and skirmishes and most of the times the teams I get, even with all the buffs and debuffs I throw, just take forever to kill something... So it's not the sets or gear that make the player imho. It helps yes, but gear alone does not do miracles. Don't expect that having these sets on a team will make the run go smooth and fast....
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    Mamalion only cause u are not able to understand the game mechanics and dont know how to play doenst mean we are all HAMSTER like u.

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Guess what. They still do it without the mod 5 sets.... here you go:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1218370/high-prophet-and-knight-captain-set/p7

Thoughts???

They can do it because they know how to play the game (they are veterans), they have played as a team for some time (i'm fairly certain of this), and they understand the the mechanics.

So tell me are the sets really broken???

Is the problem with them being able to do this located elsewhere???

What exactly is nerfing the MOD 5 sets solving???

The sets make face rolling the content so easy it can be done in pugs. Yesterday I was lucky enough to do a tiamat pug where it ended in phase 1. And in a eToS pug that finished in a fraction of the normal time. Most of the time the set owners run in a closely knit group benefiting only those few people. They make so much AD that there were probably the only people not to cry when the invoke AD was nerfed.
    Lol...I would like to make millions of AD purely from owning the sets. I don't make that much purely from owning the sets, so please stop spreading false information.
    So you don't benefit from being able to speed run all content all day long? I only pug and since mod 6, I can count the number of times, with the fingers on one hand, that I was able to get the benefits of these speed runs on steroids.
    The point is, I can speedrun content with and without the sets. 17:05 mins vs 16:37 mins seems rather insignificant, or are you claiming its a major, game breaking difference?
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited October 2016

The point is, I can speedrun content with and without the sets. 17:05 mins vs 16:37 mins seems rather insignificant, or are you claiming its a major, game breaking difference?

You do it with your BIS SEAL Team 6. Few can reproduce your results. With the HP set, you just need one BIS or triple perfect bonding DPS and one semi competent tank. Not a very high bar these days.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

Mamalion only cause u are not able to understand the game mechanics and dont know how to play doenst mean we are all HAMSTER like u.

my knowledge is above watch the combat log with double ray debuff i have nothing else to add.
  • Options
    lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User

As someone who owns two of the faulty sets (HP and HV), I see this as a very positive change and fully agree with all your points. However, I do hope this isn't an isolated incident and that it merely means it's the very first step of addressing the very old and long standing issue that buffs and debuffs stacking is. As you said the game is more about being invulnerable (thank you, anointed army, thank you, fighter's recovery + steel defence) while stacking silly amounts of buffs and debuffs to trivialize the content and ignore the mechanics entirely.
    This is a content balancing effort, breaking the promise of completing class balancing first.
    As has been the case for the longest time over many modules, the very popular CW class will now be completely screwed, and (although initially shocked) I now don't blame the guildie that finally, recently gave up and sold his account.
    With DPS HRs and SWs doing so well from the recent "balance" effort, and GWFs still tearing up eveything, the CW is now completely at it's lowest point of relevance.
    But wait, there's more! Plenty CWs are finally giving up and looking for relevance in buff/debuff - only to find that their cornerstone weapon, the HV set, is being destroyed.

After all this time of neglect, and CWs desperately looking for relevance in a different area, it managed to become even worse :(
  • Options

You do it with your BIS SEAL Team 6. Few can reproduce your results. With the HP set, you just need one BIS or triple perfect bonding DPS and one semi competent tank. Not a very high bar these days.
    Prove it.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Prove it.

I wasn't referring to FBI, which only a relative few can do, and ever fewer at your level of performance and efficiency. I'm taking about the ease of being able to do epic dungeon runs by more typical players.

• Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User

I'm having a hard time swallowing this pill not just because set bonuses are going away...

And I'm having a hard time playing my alts to run normal dungeons because veterans love to leave mobs behind. And that's without newbies knowing. What veterans did in those runs are no different than what the devs are doing to veterans - face it, you're all bad and I'm tired of being discriminated from those runs. If the morale of this community didn't get fixed, frankly I don't see why devs want to put an effort to listen whatever HAMSTER in this forums.

From newbies perspective, I see this as justice, no matter what logic and reason you pull out here.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2016

This is a content balancing effort, breaking the promise of completing class balancing first.
    As has been the case for the longest time over many modules, the very popular CW class will now be completely screwed, and (although initially shocked) I now don't blame the guildie that finally, recently gave up and sold his account.
    With DPS HRs and SWs doing so well from the recent "balance" effort, and GWFs still tearing up eveything, the CW is now completely at it's lowest point of relevance.
    But wait, there's more! Plenty CWs are finally giving up and looking for relevance in buff/debuff - only to find that their cornerstone weapon, the HV set, is being destroyed.

After all this time of neglect, and CWs desperately looking for relevance in a different area, it managed to become even worse :(

What? Most of the debuff value of a fire CW comes from powers and class features. HV was merely icing on the cake. Of course it's nice. But it's not a big deal. Content is already trivial enough thanks to all the cheesing spells and buffs/debuffs we have, it's not like people are going to stop inviting CWs. Whatever the new content is, I can make a prediction: Anointed army, fox shift, immortal tankadins, fighter's recovery+steel defence, commander's strike, and so on, are going to make it extremely trivial, because there's no way to make things difficult when players can self heal infinitely, not take any damage, be control immune, and buffs to absurd levels. So have no worries: no one is going to start caring about what class is invited.

Besides I play with a large variety of players, and the sad fact is that even when I'm going full debuffs on my fire CW, I still do far more damage than most players in this game. It's not just about gear. It's about how you use it.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User

Stop trolling, i owned a HP set and it doesnt work as u said. Normal pugging with HP/HV will result in a fail run due to incompetent dps and tank to protect and kill everything before we die. If what u said is true i should have full r12 and legendary mounts in stable but i only have a total of 11 mil+ ad stuff despite playing since the game launched in 2013. It is not we dont want to pug, but pug group sucks. If the group can speed run, it always can, HP/HV just cut down one or at the best two minutes than normal party.

I bet u dont know anything abt buff/debuff calculations but in real situations where team have full r12 bondings and legendary pet, ACDC with full relic gear (lightender) can provide similar bonus as HP set due to 3k+ power more from base stat. Stop saying things you dont know and claim to be true, like sharp said, video or it doesnt happen. Dont say i only know abt the BIS team but dont know what happen at 2k+ il. My DCs ranges from 2k to 3k, and yes i have multiple DCs so i know, and im sure u dont have a DC as a main cuz u talk nonsense.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    jazzfong said:

Stop trolling, i owned a HP set and it doesnt work as u said. Normal pugging with HP/HV will result in a fail run due to incompetent dps and tank to protect and kill everything before we die.

While I did not say it at the beginning, I later did say you need one high-DPS and one decent tank (actually ITF using GF) to do these speed runs. I did not imply that the set alone allows one to get rich by themselves. You elitist folks can be pretty touchy.
    jazzfong said:

It is not we dont want to pug, but pug group sucks.

Which is how people with these sets running in regular group gain far more than what typical puggers can get.
    jazzfong said:

If the group can speed run, it always can, HP/HV just cut down one or at the best two minutes than normal party.

I'd say tiamat going down in phase one 1 saves more than a few minutes. As for few epic dungeon runs that I lucky enough to get in, the run times were like night and day. If people can run like this on a regular basis with a regular group, they are a lot richer than me.

• Options
    edited October 2016

There's no reason to complain at all and I don't see you hate every single world record holder in Olympics.

I don't think I've complained about these sets in past. As far as I can recall, I think this post is the first time I said anything about these sets. And it was more of a, "its about time" remark. And that these sets can contribute to amazing things like tiamat going down in phase 1 and Lostmeal going down before my ITF resets. Now I get my head bit off for it.

• Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User

I'd say tiamat going down in phase one 1 saves more than a few minutes. As for few epic dungeon runs that I lucky enough to get in, the run times were like night and day. If people can run like this on a regular basis with a regular group, they are a lot richer than me.

I finally know what thing u misunderstood. Buffs and debuffs works as multiplier to our final dmg, the better your group the better it is. A full 3k+ premade can do tia like what u describe already without those sets, with the sets it will be one or two minute faster. Erm, just as an example, you know what is multiplier right? Your dps is 100, i increase it by 5% it will be 105, but if your dps is 10000, it will be 10500. Now the point here is you are comparing the 5 and 500 and say 500 more dps is too much, and in big encounter, a slight buff or debuff increases the dmg for other 20 dpser so things become 500*20=10000 extra dps. Things works like this so in the end we will have one to two minute faster than others, providing we have enough skill to play with 50k hp lesser and lower stat. Btw, only 3k-4k group can clear tia in one try, with or without those sets, believe it or not.
  • Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited October 2016

BACK to sets subject. I Read an invalid information after the announcment . How a debuff 30% on high vizier is 6% dps boost when:
    IF you attack your enemy only with that debuff applied the combat log clear shows you that your damage outside( ) increased by 30% comparing it to damage in ()?

[Combat (Self)] Your Magic Missile deals 1692 (1254) Arcane Damage to Target Dummy.

this is after double ray of effeblement. debuff value is 35%. my damage increased by 35% 1254+35%= 1692.

1) They were probably talking about High Prophet, not High Vizier (unless I missed that particular post).
    2) High Prophet isn't 6% anyway.
    3) The mitigation depends on enemy's damage resistance, so maybe a dummy isn't the best choice to test it. Anyway HV set is 30% if your ArP is capped.
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    <blockquote>namelesshero347 said:

I don't think I've complained about these sets in past. As far as I can recall, I think this post is the first time I said anything about these sets. And it was more of a, "its about time" remark. And that these sets can contribute to amazing things like tiamat going down in phase 1 and Lostmeal going down before my ITF resets. Now I get my head bit off for it.</blockquote>

You sobered up. That's good. That drunken rage doesn't help.

Anyway, it's more buff/debuff than high sets. Got an alliance group run with SW and DC. Group consists of 2.4k ILs(no joke). I'm surprised that eToS run is a breeze from buff/debuff (no high sets) way different from my initial thought from "This will take me an hour" to "Oh wow. That was quick".
  • Options
    edited October 2016

BACK to sets subject. I Read an invalid information after the announcment . How a debuff 30% on high vizier is 6% dps boost when:
    IF you attack your enemy only with that debuff applied the combat log clear shows you that your damage outside( ) increased by 30% comparing it to damage in ()?

[Combat (Self)] Your Magic Missile deals 1692 (1254) Arcane Damage to Target Dummy.

this is after double ray of effeblement. debuff value is 35%. my damage increased by 35% 1254+35%= 1692.

1) They were probably talking about High Prophet, not High Vizier (unless I missed that particular post).
    3) The mitigation depends on enemy's damage resistance, so maybe a dummy isn't the best choice to test it. Anyway HV set is 30% if your ArP is capped.
    ray will do the same debuff on real enemy too under the condition you mentioned armor penetration capped ( isnt that the rule for any class build in pve?). on that character my damage is very bad to make the dummy to lose hp and fail the test.

COMbat log is clear for any debuff ingame when you test 1 by 1. you dont need for this simple test math types.
  • Options

ray will do the same debuff on real enemy too under the condition you mentioned armor penetration capped ( isnt that the rule for any class build in pve?). on that character my damage is very bad to make the dummy to lose hp and fail the test.

COMbat log is clear for any debuff ingame when you test 1 by 1. you dont need for this simple test math types.
    So, if you go to a dummy and use ray of enfeeblement once, a sellword and a trans plaguefire enchantment, what is the effectiveness?

Whats the effectiveness of each debuff by itself?

Now, do the same test on a dragon in WoD, but when you do, reduce your resistance ignored to some value below 40%.

What is the effectiveness of each ability by itself and what is their effectiveness together?

Tell us how the first test result matches up with the second test result and then tell us, when you running fbi, are you fighting dummies?
  • Options
    jazzfong said:

Btw, only 3k-4k group can clear tia in one try, with or without those sets, believe it or not.

Well, yesterday was the first time I saw tiamat go down on phase 1. I don't advertise my iLvl when I LFG so I just assume I get invited cuz they needed a body. I could have gotten lucky to have shown up at the right time when some nearly filled pre-made just needed a few more to queue. The group did have more than half 3-4Kers, and like eight DCs including me.

Anyway, it's more buff/debuff than high sets. Got an alliance group run with SW and DC. Group consists of 2.4k ILs(no joke). I'm surprised that eToS run is a breeze from buff/debuff (no high sets) way different from my initial thought from "This will take me an hour" to "Oh wow. That was quick".

The bonding will need to be addressed at some point. But don't think they can do much about it in the near future. Lots of whales paid lots of money for their legendary pets and R12 bondings. They have to let them have their fun for a year or two before they can think about nerfing it. People who paid obscene amount of AD for the high set should have invested in bonding instead.

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Ouch
  • Options
    edited October 2016

jazzfong said:

Btw, only 3k-4k group can clear tia in one try, with or without those sets, believe it or not.

Well, yesterday was the first time I saw tiamat go down on phase 1. I don't advertise my iLvl when I LFG so I just assume I get invited cuz they needed a body. I could have gotten lucky to have shown up at the right time when some nearly filled pre-made just needed a few more to queue. The group did have more than half 3-4Kers, and like eight DCs including me.

The bonding will need to be addressed at some point. But don't think they can do much about it in the near future. Lots of whales paid lots of money for their legendary pets and R12 bondings. They have to let them have their fun for a year or two before they can think about nerfing it. People who paid obscene amount of AD for the high set should have invested in bonding instead.

Tiamat does not require mod 5 sets to get P1.
  • Options
    Noone is asking for nerfs WE are asking for fixes to the powers/items that are so OP broken that they make the advantage from the HV/HP sets trivial at best. If they are trivial...why do we use them? Because that is what min/max is about. If I thought I could squeeze 1/2 percent performance out of grinding my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off for a piece of trivial gear...I am crazy enough to do it. This mentality may be strange to some, but it does not justify being crucified for pointing out what really needs fixing.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I haven't had the set since Stronholds first started. I can assure you I can keep up my damage quite well without it.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Some of you are going to get your wish, the Cleric is next to be nerfed into the ground with a rework. In fact, as per the devs, they are working on it right now. I will evaluate what they did to it when it happens, and then decide whether its time to bail or not.

It's sad that we have to spend so much time on class balancing when the real problem in this game is lack of Skirmishes and Dungeons with some type of difficulty progression system with potential rewards that can be sold to match.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    edited October 2016

So, if you go to a dummy and use ray of enfeeblement once, a sellword and a trans plaguefire enchantment, what is the effectiveness?

Whats the effectiveness of each debuff by itself?

Now, do the same test on a dragon in WoD, but when you do, reduce your resistance ignored to some value below 40%.

What is the effectiveness of each ability by itself and what is their effectiveness together?

Tell us how the first test result matches up with the second test result and then tell us, when you running fbi, are you fighting dummies?
    ME and my teamates will have increased damage 35% against the dragon. BUT I will deall lesser damage against it because i do not penetrate at full potential with my ri.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2016

jazzfong said:

Well there are at least urgent and obvious fixes to do to bondings, which is stats buffs to pets transferred through bondings. This shouldn't be possible. This was never intended in the first place when abilities buffing stats were created. I'm not saying it's a trivial fix but at least it's one of the most legitimate ones and it should happen ASAP.

Balancing bondings themselves may not be as easy and easily accepted but at least this one should be.
  • Options
    krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    well Ill be the standout here and say that actually, this change sucks.

I have none of these pieces of EQ. No one in my guild (which is admittedly not huge), and no one I know has even one of these sets. I have managed to hit a few PUG groups with them however, so I have seen them at work.

This is a self-limiting problem at the very worst. No matter how much this is 'throwing off the averages' there are only so many people that own them, and no more will be brought into the world. They are extremely rare in the wild, and Ive heard on channels more then a few cases where people coming back from pre-mod 6 days threw away those sets thinking they were garbage in the modern age.

Asterdahl states that it would be too difficult to take the runs with the HP or or HV sets out of their views of the data. 1. That isn't really a problem, it in no way effects the user experience. 2. This seems suspect.They have no better data granularity available to them then we do? Come on, learn some database query techniques. 3. Even assuming this is absolutely true, they can clearly modify the eq as sets, since they can remove the set bonus. This would indicate they could just as easily add a flag that would be trackable.

Even worse than that however is the statement about the life cycle of equipment. Truly I can see that it is wise to have a general policy on equipment and how long the 'cycle' lasts. But to entirely remove equipment, simply because its a certain age removes any semblance of history and heritage in this game. ..one whos content goes on and on about ancient powerful items, and has players wearing multiple artifacts.

It does not detract in any way from new equipment to have old, no load equipment available to players that have been playing for years. It adds a sense of history, that there is some reason to keep playing for more then the 3 days it takes to get to level 70. It would seem the Devs would want players to stick around longer then the time it takes to reach 'end of game' content and beat it. The ability to have and use unique equipment (that doesn't suck) is one carrot for that goal.

Instead all recent decisions have been towards the building of clones. If something works, its 'obviously' broken and needs to be removed or nerfed. These things aren't balanced to remove the extreme outliers, they are pounded into the ground so that the given mechanic serves minimal to no useful purpose at all.

This is actually a sad sad revelation. ..and another sign of the degradation of the gameplay in this game.
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    krzrsms said:

This is actually a sad sad revelation. ..and another sign of the degradation of the gameplay in this game.

Oh cmon, it should be removed long time ago at mod6, its a relic from past modules. Not single gear from begining of game should stay BiS for such long time. Its normal and logic new modules brings new-mostly better-items, thats how games evolving.
    Btw, you are put historical reasons, I still have mine AoW set in the bank and wont remove it. We have plenty of vids from past modules, memories, we can keep old gear. Just no longer benefit from item that havent being adjusted anyhow and why it even should be touched (beside bonus removal), its an old gear and devs wont spend time to please minority who have old gear to make it work as intended nowadays.
    200_s.gif