What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Champions Wiki

Comments

• Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, it's certainly faster than swimming at base speed underwater.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Someone, somewhere, sometime, told me that the flight travel power is useless underwater.... so I tested it by swimming north to south or vice versa in Lemuria and timing it.

No travel power was about 5 minutes. Flight was about 1:45, teleport was about 1:15, and my Until shuttle could do it in ~40 sec.

For comparison purposes, I did a similar speed trial in the sky above Monster island. The shuttle did it in around 1:30 and flight was around 2:45.

Were your travel powers both the same speed?

Basically all travel powers turn into Super-Swim when you hit the water.

Vehicles tend to actually go faster underwater. It almost feels as though they're flying without any drag/wind resistance/whatever, and can move about with much more freedom.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yeah, I did wonder if that was the case. Hey! I went and measured those zones, so I can give the actual distances....

Monster Island:
    N/S; 5056/-5799 = 10855
    W/E; 3599/-2814 = 6413

shuttle: 10800/90 = 120
    flight: 10800/165 = 65.45

Lemuria:
    N/S; 5783/-427 = 6210
    W/E; 3290/-252 = 3542

shuttle: 6200/40 = 155
    flight: 6200/105 = 59
    teleport: 6200/75 = 83

Yeah, it would seem that Vehicles ARE faster underwater.... maybe this is prenerf speed? I dunno... *points at join date* flight is somewhat slower.... somewhat. And there is NO way I'm gonna try to teleport all the way across monster island.....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not sure if you had managed to scrape this prior to the archive going down, but I knew i had saved these lists for checking the Auction House for unlocks I didnt have.

Champions Legacy Power Replace Items

Unfortunately it is only the first page lists for each of Single Blade, Dual Blade, Munitions and Archery with Names, source, and unlocked costume name where known. No pictures or details on the Unlock Item.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I suppose I forgot to do a summary for my findings.....

In water:
    flight/superswim is 3x faster than regular swim
    Teleport 4x
    Until Shuttle 8x
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I suppose I forgot to do a summary for my findings.....

In water:
    flight/superswim is 3x faster than regular swim
    Teleport 4x
    Until Shuttle 8x

Sound effect for the Until Shuttle.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Okay, all missions for Millennium City, Canadian Wilderness, and Desert have been posted. More to come!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    yvonned wrote: »
    Okay, all missions for Millennium City, Canadian Wilderness, and Desert have been posted. More to come!

{ applause }
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Is there any way at all to access the old wiki?

Not with that altered robots.txt.
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    this thread is about the new wiki not to lament the old, please take questions on the old wiki to another thread
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    What's new
    • new vector header and footer
    • winter event
    • more powers
    • more of the missions mil city and canada
    • alerts
    • resized to 1024
    • lore timeline
    • a new perks template
    • a costume part template
    • a new costume launch (in progress)
    • mods
    • stats
    • a jan 1 CC with big prizes
    • more to come
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't forget to remove the link to the old archived wiki from the new wiki.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Don't forget to remove the link to the old archived wiki from the new wiki.

well if the backup every comes from lohr and it goes up, we will use it again
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This a good wiki. I like dis. Does the person designing this thing have a professional background in design or somethin'? u3u
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    thanks, 3d animation actually
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Oh, by all means. So sorry. Perhaps you should include the restriction in the OP, just so people know. I'll look for my old wiki answers elsewhere, while you work on yours.

i actually made a thread about it elsewhere, as did a few others, the popular view is one of those site sitting sites bought the old domain and killed the archive in the process.

but feel free to use our wiki , more is completed everyday

in regards to the restriction, it is understood not to go off topic too much in the forum in general. threads can derailed and become useless very easily.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Updated Mission Pages:

Added: Factions involved in mission
    Added: Icons for Regular Missions, Repeatable Missions, Resource Rewards, and Perks.

Only a little over half of the regular missions have been posted. There's a lot more to come, and then I'll start work on Contacts.

Updated page: Perk Reward Costume Pieces -- add all icons.

Happy Holidays, everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I second that sage advice.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    yeah i will get on that.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Old Site: Been downloading a backup of it for two days straight. Had to stop the download because it got to the point where I couldn't do anything else - the backup was eating up all the bandwidth and processor usage.

The program I use (MetaProducts Offline Explorer Enterprise 6.8) doesn't keep exact copies of the files either - they're changed to proprietary formats only the program can read. BUT, it has an export feature that will copy all the files to their original formats onto the computer. I started that at about 2pm today. It's now 8:20 and and it is still not done. According to the export screen, it's up to 449371/496465.

The really fun part is, when I go to the folder where the files are exporting to and check to see how many are there, Windows only reports about 180,000 files. Obviously the backup was grabbing lots of duplicates.

New Site: I've finally posted missions for Lemurian Crisis, Several Monster Island neighborhoods, and Vibora Bay Apocalypse. Unfortunately, all my data for the Lemurian Crisis came from the old site. I haven't been able to get into the crisis in game to verify or update anything.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The really fun part is, when I go to the folder where the files are exporting to and check to see how many are there, Windows only reports about 180,000 files. Obviously the backup was grabbing lots of duplicates.
    Perhaps it's trying to copy over each saved version of files from the wayback machine? That would account for all the duplicates.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    Perhaps it's trying to copy over each saved version of files from the wayback machine? That would account for all the duplicates.

*Nods* Most likely. The wayback machine saves a particular backup to a sub-folder named for that date and time, so you end up with 50 copies of the same icon or such. The not-so-fun part is trying to determine what pages my program hasn't downloaded and getting those - if the wayback machine even has them! *sigh*
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Old Wiki:

The Export finished some time late last night. Final count: 228,842 Files. Size on disk: 2.34 GB.

I've been looking through some of the files. Most are HTM, which is good. However, there's an unknown number that, when I open them to see the content, are the reports from the Wayback Machine saying it hadn't backed up that file. So, what I'll probably spend the next few days doing is going through all of those files and weeding out the WM reports -- unless someone wants me to keep them?

I'm going to also zip up everything I have and add it to my online drive. *sigh* that's going to take who-knows how many more hours...

New Wiki:

I've added missions for Slither Beach, created a page for Maps, and have started collecting data for Contacts.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Old Wiki:

Since all of the files were compiled together in one folder, I spent all day yesterday organizing them into sub-folders. What I've found is that a lot of the files are duplicates. In fact, they don't have any real data, they simply use meta commands to pull up other pages or images. This doesn't even include the pages that are missing file reports. I've kept them all though and am currently zipping it all up to upload to my onedrive. I'll update when the upload is complete.

New Wiki:

Added Missions for Echinocos Shores.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Is this new?

HolidayHenchman-001.jpg

I've never seen one of these before.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Is this new?

HolidayHenchman-001.jpg

I've never seen one of these before.
    zed, no its not but it is quite derpy
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    5 new catergories added to main page , ill make new icons soon
    • auras
    • Currency
    • Game facts
    • Pen and Paper
    • Wiki Team
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The New Wiki CC was a blast! Fantastic work guys.

Old Wiki: Still up an offering data. I've been slowly going through to save any files I didn't get with the backup. Slow going that is.

New Wiki: Just added the last of the Monster Island Missions! I'm gonna finish Lemuria and then I'll have to actually run Vibora Bay to find out WEHRE they belong.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    5 new catergories added to main page , ill make new icons soon
    • auras
    • Currency
    • Game facts
    • Pen and Paper
    • Wiki Team

Wiki Team?!?

Oo. The Wiki Team needs to assemble into a giant robot. Um....

Wikitronik maybe.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    revamped icons up, with that i am on break for a week or so. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Wiki Team?!?

Oo. The Wiki Team needs to assemble into a giant robot. Um....

Wikitronik maybe.

Wikitronik makes us sound like a music group. :eek: Not sure what else to suggest tho...

Old Site: Continuing to collect missing files for backup. It's a lot folks.

New Site: Posted Missions for The Caliginous Depths. One more for Lemuria and then it's on to Vibora Bay!

Icons look great, Jasin! Enjoy your week off.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Old Site: Looking for a way to collect pages from the site that includes any images and bg code (CSS and JS files) so the downloaded files look and work like they do online. I'm probably going to have to write something myself, but for now, all I can do is open up an bunch of pages on separate tabs in Chrome and then Save As each page so I get all the files. Can't even use Save Link As... to do it, that method only grabs the page itself. If anyone knows a way to do this, send me a PM.

New Site: Just finished posting the missions for Rastrinfhar's Abyss. That's more than 860 missions on the new site now. Not done yet though. Still have to post missions for Vibora Bay, and then thre are all of those Help a Citizen random missions handed out by citizens that run up to you on the street. I can find a bunch when I "Search for Emergencies" via the Socrates icon, but even then they're random.

Remember folks, we're always looking for new volunteers to help out in pretty much any way. You don't have to write pages or create artwork, maybe just provide some kind of statistical information or find out that one of the pages we've posted has something wrong with it - a typo or the data is wrong. Anything will help. You can contact me, EvilTaco, or JasinBlazin in game or send any of us a PM here on the forums. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Old Site: Backups continue.

New Site: Added several new pages over the last couple of days: MCPD Headquarters, UNTIL, UNITY, Subscriptions, Hideouts, Crisis Zones, Nemesis System, Nemesis Creation, and I don't know how many more.

I've started posting Contacts as well: Doctor Silverback and MCPD Captain Martin. And finally, I've updated the Nemesis Clue Missions for the Nemesis System.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Old Site: Backups continue.

New Site: Added several new pages over the last couple of days: MCPD Headquarters, UNTIL, UNITY, Subscriptions, Hideouts, Crisis Zones, Nemesis System, Nemesis Creation, and I don't know how many more.

I've started posting Contacts as well: Doctor Silverback and MCPD Captain Martin. And finally, I've updated the Nemesis Clue Missions for the Nemesis System.

At some point I'm going to go to your city and buy you a beer
    You are awesome
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not sure if I posted before, but I'll say it right now (and if I did say it before it bears repeating). You wiki guys are doing an awesome service for the community and I applaud you.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Just re-discoved something that TT and his guys might want to fix.

http://co.perfectworld.com/community

I'm certain that the image and links to the CO Wiki are trying to send a visitor to that now absent/old and defunked Wiki. And while the New one is not yet complete, it is certainly more Present than a link to the old Wiki.

With the exception of the referral program, which not longer exist in any form ( so far as I know ), the other links seem active and the info useful.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Just re-discoved something that TT and his guys might want to fix.

http://co.perfectworld.com/community

I'm certain that the image and links to the CO Wiki are trying to send a visitor to that page to the absent/old and now defunked Wiki. And while the New one is not yet complete, it is certainly more Present than a link to the old Wiki.

With the exception of the referral program, which not longer exist in any form ( so far as I know ), the other links seem active and the info useful.

given the choice i would rather have the referral program reinstated. but either or both would be nice :)
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Updated the following pages:

Congress of Selves - CoS is bugged.

Personal Force Field - PFF is bugged and regen value will continue decreasing in combat, clarified in description.

Shields/Healing Page - Added to this page.

Mental Leech - Added to this page.

Shadow of Doubt - Added to this page.

Master of The Mind - Added to this page.

Mind Break - Added to this page

Healing - Added to this page.

Compassion - Created and filled in this page.

Concentration - Created and filled in this page.

Crowd Control - Added to this page.

Manipulator - Created and filled in this page.

Now that I have a little more free time I'll be working to get Telepathy done and dusted.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Time for another cup of coffee. I thought that read - Metal Leech.

Still, I'd like to see that power. :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I created the main pages for Comic Series and Adventure Packs. Added Aftershock and all associated missions.

Today, I uploaded a map of Vibora Bay with markers for spawn locations for Sammie's Lost Dollies.

I've been working on the missions for Vibora Bay, putting everything together, and when I ran across Sammie's Lost Dollies, I realized no one had the completion text. Could be because that mission is EXTREMELY difficult to complete. If anyone has that information, as well as the amount of resources and experience you received for it, please, let me know.

Thank you.
  • Options
    foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Seemingly, your wiki has been vandalized.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    foxyperson wrote: »
    Seemingly, your wiki has been vandalized.

It's been ...tacomized.
    :biggrin:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That's just placeholder text.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    yep, you want it done faster, volunteer :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The following is what I've accomplished since my last post here...

Pages Updated:
    The Queen City (Arc) & associated mission pages -- Mostly for bugs.

Pages Added:
    Experience, Veteran Rewards Program, UNITY 2 Missions (though I have yet to post the missions themselves), Mini-Map, and Instanced Map (which still needs more maps).

Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    That's just placeholder text.

Nope. It's a placeMAT for tacos. Yum.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Today, I uploaded a map of Vibora Bay with markers for spawn locations for Sammie's Lost Dollies.

I've been working on the missions for Vibora Bay, putting everything together, and when I ran across Sammie's Lost Dollies, I realized no one had the completion text. Could be because that mission is EXTREMELY difficult to complete. If anyone has that information, as well as the amount of resources and experience you received for it, please, let me know.

Thank you.

I was already 40 when i picked up this on Faith so didnt take note of the xp reward however here is the completion text and resources reward

sammie_zpsy74ymf6g.jpg