test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Wiki

Comments

• jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Question: Any plans to duplicate this page in this style?

Mission Levels by Neighborhood

I'm not asking if you will duplicate it exactly, but I have long found that specific page (along with every link and all of the content there) to be my "Go To" page. For my money, it offers the most direct answer to the majority of my questions I have when I feel lost or when/if I feel ready to jump past missions that begin to fall beneath my heroes current level while still leveling.

yeah i would like to see pages like this in the wiki. I am concentrating on design right now but the overall hierarchy and a pleasant user experience are important to me
    yvonned wrote: »

BTW jasinblaze: love the 'dots' layout idea. Can't wait to see it come to life.
    me too, i wish there was an auto complete button :)

and speaking of design:

here is the style of the logos going in
    webmock6_zps88a6f375.png
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well then, if that's not the most effective /console command ever. /powerscancelallactivations being a good second.

I accepted the mod for the subreddit. I'm gonna futz around with the skin for it, any of y'all who I'd want to help mod it or promote it already know me in game. We now have one more way to share the data, which is *awesome* imo.

I can share the stuff happening in game, but having a few people to help stop trolling would rock. If you already reddit, you probably know how to share the info in a way that won't annoy people. Check the sig, that's my @. If you wanna help this project, that'll be the easy one to do.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Gee, I always thought that - /unstuck - was the most effective console command.

Just goes to show... :rolleyes:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited November 2014

it prob is but /killme makes a better logo

btw zed as much as you comment on the wiki you should join the wiki team:)
    edited November 2014
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    it prob is but /killme makes a better logo

btw zed as much as you comment on the wiki you should join the wiki team:)

Seriously. :eek: You don't want me any where near your wiki. The one and only time I tried to help Lohr with the old wiki, I screwed up an edit so badly that I could not even do an undo function. I think Lohr had to go in and fix my screw up.

I do help markhawkman with his part of the wiki project, when and where I can and gather map caps to locate the Skills Objects.

showthread.php?t=211661&page=6

Once he gets those maps done, I think it'll be a nice boon to wiki (and the player base). I'm starting a new char, soon, and she'll have either sci or magic skill to help locate the still absent objects. :smile:

After I finish up with the Costume a Day 2014 thread (not planning on doing that two years in a row) I'll put even more focus on it.

Also, there's another project I want to get started on after or possibly during that one. I want to try and find and map the locations of all of the rescue-able citizens that offer missions. I don't know if that's something you guys will want to include on the wiki, but I think it's a worthy bit of info for players who might want to try and avoid a repetitive beginning of each new leveling hero.

Anyway, that will have lots of caps of the different game maps, in the same way the Skill Object Maps do.

As far as the /killme goes, it'd be so great if you cold stick Daffy behind that Icon, :smile: but since WB would probably object...
    { shrug }
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Last time I tried to use /unstuck, a message popped up telling me to use /killme instead.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well then, if that's not the most effective /console command ever. /powerscancelallactivations being a good second.

I accepted the mod for the subreddit. I'm gonna futz around with the skin for it, any of y'all who I'd want to help mod it or promote it already know me in game. We now have one more way to share the data, which is *awesome* imo.

I can share the stuff happening in game, but having a few people to help stop trolling would rock. If you already reddit, you probably know how to share the info in a way that won't annoy people. Check the sig, that's my @. If you wanna help this project, that'll be the easy one to do.

the link to the reddit on the wiki takes you too deep and end up with a page not found :
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ChampionsOnlineFFA///

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Looking good. The work is very much appreciated.

While I know things are being worked on and are not by any means finished, there is one thing I do want to mention. I am not such a fan of the powerset descriptions, they feel a bit to opinionated to me.
    edited November 2014
    aiqa wrote: »
    Looking good. The work is very much appreciated.

While I know things are being worked on and are not by any means finished, there is one thing I do want to mention. I am not such a fan of the powerset descriptions, they feel a bit to opinionated to me.
    i'll have a look once i get the front page done, but opinions aren't our goal.
    edited November 2014
    and this is the live not a mock up:), still working on it but nice to have it looking nice :)

Cape_zps829491f4.png
  • bdragon4cobdragon4co Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Very Nice! How much of the info has been added yet for pages?
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hah! Love the "Categories" banner with the tip of the hat to the brief Forum Malvanum event where we raced through rings.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2014
    kallethen wrote: »
    Hah! Love the "Categories" banner with the tip of the hat to the brief Forum Malvanum event where we raced through rings.

Zoom in its a sonic boom from when r3 kicks in
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    'PvP' being a skull icon is a bit too ominous, imo. Maybe that should instead be two heroes about to trade blows or facing each other down. Also, the Alerts icon kinda looks like a disembodied fist flying through the air w/ blood trails behind it :x

Great work thus far, though. Really like the style.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    edited November 2014
    flowcyto wrote: »
    'PvP' being a skull icon is a bit too ominous, imo. Maybe that should instead be two heroes about to trade blows or facing each other down. Also, the Alerts icon kinda looks like a disembodied fist flying through the air w/ blood trails behind it :x

Great work thus far, though. Really like the style.

the alert icon was based on one of the icons in game. 2 heroes fighting would be 2 objects not one
    icons in this are singe objects
    edited November 2014
    fair enough 8)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • tsariastsarias Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    great work on the wiki.

want to thank alll those involved for putting together the information

weve needed and up to date data base for a long time :)
    edited November 2014
    tsarias wrote: »
    great work on the wiki.

want to thank alll those involved for putting together the information

weve needed and up to date data base for a long time :)

thank you, once i have the design done, I'm going to be working more on the hierarchy (how the data is organized).
    bdragon4co wrote: »
    Very Nice! How much of the info has been added yet for pages?

we have an amazing person pumping out mission pages right now. we are looking for experienced players to volunteer and take a topic and run with it.

what I want from the wiki
    • easy to navigate
    • accurate data
    • objective information
    • simplicity without the sacrifice of data
    • look good doing it

the old wiki had many people working on it, we will need the same :)
    edited November 2014
    A chunk of the powers and some other miscellaneous stuff has been added, too. I've been whittling at the powers, but we've got a pretty amazing amount of em. I took a small break to help sort out the skin, but now that it's starting to get dialed in I'm gonna fix a few back end plugins and then get to templating/power input again.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    front page is done for now, going to start organizing the sub-pages the next layer down.

web_zpsf7430cc0.png
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to have a pro tips area? A place to put lesser/little known information that is useful to characters. E.g. the reporter in the VIP lounge who gives the once/day star refill and the bartenders who have the useful heals.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited November 2014
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to have a pro tips area? A place to put lesser/little known information that is useful to characters. E.g. the reporter in the VIP lounge who gives the once/day star refill and the bartenders who have the useful heals.

I am pretty sure those would fall into the NPC section
    edited November 2014
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

i thought about this a few days ago, it is definitely something that we might do later. i think it would go under mechanics
    but until then there are these 2 threads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxzgwJ8tSE0&feature=youtu.be

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=198731
    edited November 2014
    Love discovering this. :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Yep, holding page. right now I'm primary powers taco, but I'm also doing skin work. I could use a helper monkey on that something fierce, there's a lot to powers and I've got a ton of other stuff to do.

I think the protips area is really best relegated to the guide blog? Seems like that's kinda the point of the thing.My 2c is the wiki's the data, and the blog interprets it and puts it into a useable format.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    Archery!

That took a while.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    Oi! anyone got the data for the new awakened automaton powers?

I'd kinda have to level it to get those figures, was hoping someone had that info just freely avaliable so I didn't have to touch that awful mess.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    Tooltips with my usual: lvl 40 Hybrid FF w/ 5 in all stats, no stars, no travel power, and no gear:

Rocket Punch
    "Ranged Damage - Blast"
    18-53 Energy
    1.5 sec charge
    0.5 sec activation time
    Targets foe (5 max)
    100ft, 1ft Cylinder
    "Deals 131-523 Crushing Damage to targets in a line in front of you."
    (R2: 158-628 dmg; R3: 189-753 dmg)

Advantages: R2-3; Accel Metabolism, Blast Wave
    Blast Wave = "Rocket Punch now knocks targets back when charged at least halfway."

Notes:
    - RP is flagged as a Blast, a PA Hand slot, and a single-target spell (not as an AoE).
    - RP hit a bit harder on the PTS, but its dmg was nerfed ~10-20% before going Live (putting it in line w/ most other blasts in base dmg).
    - The Blast Wave adv does not seem to give RP a knock-immune damage bonus.
    - Blast Wave's knock is not reflected in any tooltip, but seems to be the same amount regardless of charge time (~24-25ft baseline, comparing to Force Blast).
    - Normal ranks also do not appear to affect Blast Wave's knock amount.

Aspect of the Machine
    "Buff - Form"
    20 energy initially cost
    0 energy per cost 20 sec
    2.5 sec charge
    1 sec activation time
    Targets self

"Toggle
    Grants stacks of Frenzy for each rank of this power you have.
    Frenzy stacks up to 5 times. Frenzy scales with your Ego or Strength, whichever is higher. Each stack pf Frenzy increases your ranged damage by 6.2% and your melee damage by 6.2%."

Advantages: R2-3 (only give extra initial stacks)

Notes:
    - Frenzy only stacks upon the user scoring a killing blow on targets (including destructible objects). There is no internal cd upon gaining these stacks.
    - Unlike buffs gained from the other toggles, Frenzy stacks do not refresh, and all roll independently.
    - Also unlike other toggles, AotM does not have a 5-10% energy penalty when toggled on. AotM used to have a constant energy cost every 20 sec instead, but this was dropped since it caused the toggle to completely deactivate anytime there wasn't sufficient energy avail.
    - AotM used to have a lower bonus per stack, but 8 max stacks. After cutting the max stacks down to 5, lower stacks now provide more benefit, but AoTM now provides less benefit at full stacks, and doesn't scale as well as dps toggles do for their primary dmg bonus.

Binding Shot
    "Hold"
    49-71 Energy
    1.83 sec charge time
    0.67 activation time
    Targets foe that is not destructible
    50 feet
    9.9 sec recharge

"Paralyzes the target for 12 sec and deals 141-395 Crushing Damage."
    (R2: 14sec para and 170-474 dmg; R3: 17sec para and 204-569 dmg)

Advantages: R2-3, NttG

Note:
    - Binding Shot is mostly a re-skin of Bolas; only the name, powerset, anim, and icon are different. Ya can prob C&P most of the info for one into the other.
    - Like Bolas, the paralyze time is the same whether tapped or charged.

All 3 are in the PA powerset, and ofc the usual activation delays can apply to the times listed in the tooltips.

Hope that's what ya wanted. (edit: added R2-3 info, which is usually ~1.2x effects of prev rank)
    edited November 2014
    Thanks flow :)

Got the other gadgeteering stuff done today (boy, we have a lot of gadget powers). I'll add those in later.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    a lot of work done to the mods page

the costumes section is getting a serious overhaul
    this will allow people to search in more ways for costume pieces most of the extra work will be tag management after the framework is done
    still working on the costume template
    edited November 2014
    a lot of work done to the mods page

the costumes section is getting a serious overhaul
    this will allow people to search in more ways for costume pieces most of the extra work will be tag management after the framework is done
    still working on the costume template

Jasin, i may be not seeing the wood for the trees, but can't see Tails, Leg Accessories, Footwear or Footwear Accessories in Lower Torso list.
    edited November 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    Jasin, i may be not seeing the wood for the trees, but can't see Tails, Leg Accessories, Footwear or Footwear Accessories in Lower Torso list.

I don't know what you're talking about, they've been there the whole time.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21069-1405685596-7.gif
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    eiledon wrote: »
    I don't know what you're talking about, they've been there the whole time.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21069-1405685596-7.gif

wiki_zps6283b31e.jpg~original

Then my brain must be filtering them out on this screenshot of the costume index page
    edited November 2014
    click on female tights and skins then look at top of page.
    you are a level up from tails etc,
    havent done male yet
    it just isnt laid out the way you thought it was
    there will be another visual TOC as well
    keep in mind this is all work in progress

see_zps38f40f48.png
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry I haven't been doing much on the wiki, RL's sort of got a stranglehold on me at the moment, so when I get time to start helping out again I definitely will!
    edited November 2014
    Sorry I haven't been doing much on the wiki, RL's sort of got a stranglehold on me at the moment, so when I get time to start helping out again I definitely will!

no worries Raven, thanks for the work you have done so far. I look forward to you working with us again in the future.
  • jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Zed's a bit sad at being called "non-perfect": http://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/3223/boo-hoo :eek:

"Not Perfect World" or "NPW" might be a better name.
    edited November 2014
    jimhsua wrote: »
    Zed's a bit sad at being called "non-perfect": http://champions-online.proboards.com/thread/3223/boo-hoo :eek:

"Not Perfect World" or "NPW" might be a better name.

Put it out there in the thread there, that was my bad. I meant non more as "not affiliated with". It was the best I could find in google. :D
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    who is really perfect anyway?
    we aren't we messed up their name
    edited November 2014
    The correct answer is Telios. :D
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The correct answer is Telios. :D

No it's not, it's Teleios. Gosh you guys screw up 100% of the names 200% of the time! :biggrin:

You could just do "Unofficial Champions Forum" or something like that. Two be honest, all this time, I never put two and two together to figure out what NPW stood for. I'm a dumb.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Wasn't a screw up, it was a typo. :D

Also, fitting given the subject matter.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    Wasn't a screw up, it was a typo. :D

Also, fitting given the subject matter.

A likely story. Or maybe it was the guy who created the French Lee Tosi. Le Tosi.
    biffsig.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Soo... Black Harlequin... Is there a page for him?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited November 2014
    we don't know if he's gonna follow the old format or not yet, it'll be up real quick when we know for sure. :D

As well, event drops and the like. Seems like the high priority for event stuff and drops is "the special thing that just rotated in", barring franklin stone because all he drops is expectations.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    who is really perfect anyway?
    we aren't we messed up their name

No. No. You guys are fine. You're doing a good thing. This is my fault.

I made a dumb joke that nobody got. Which I think makes me the most Non-Perfect poster here.

You guys just keep doing what you're doing, while I go cancel the rest of my comedy lessons with Carrot Top.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Seems like the high priority for event stuff and drops is "the special thing that just rotated in", barring franklin stone because all he drops is expectations.

Oh snap!
    I made a dumb joke that nobody got. Which I think makes me the most Non-Perfect poster here.

You guys just keep doing what you're doing, while I go cancel the rest of my comedy lessons with Carrot Top.

You keep doing what you're doing, Zed, we got the joke. And you don't wanna piss off this guy anyway.

carrottop-gym.jpg
    biffsig.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Oh snap!

You keep doing what you're doing, Zed, we got the joke. And you don't wanna piss off this guy anyway.

carrottop-gym.jpg

I see his props are getting heavier.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Someone, somewhere, sometime, told me that the flight travel power is useless underwater.... so I tested it by swimming north to south or vice versa in Lemuria and timing it.

No travel power was about 5 minutes. Flight was about 1:45, teleport was about 1:15, and my Until shuttle could do it in ~40 sec.

For comparison purposes, I did a similar speed trial in the sky above Monster island. The shuttle did it in around 1:30 and flight was around 2:45.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters