test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Champions Wiki

Comments

• kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Except I'm talking about the front page. It looks nothing like the old page now. Aand all of the links lead to white pages with scatter links.

Still loads fine for me. I suspect the issue is on your end since no one seems to have grasped what you meant. Perhaps try cleaning out your cache and reloading.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sometimes the Wayback Machine simply acts up but I've seen it happen more often when my internet connection is being slow.

Where do I comment about the aesthetic of the wiki? I have tons of respect for the work put into it but feel adjustments could improve the look since the old wiki seems more readable.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Aaaaaaaaaaand it looks fine again.

Yup. That wayback is wacky. :rolleyes:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    Where do I comment about the aesthetic of the wiki? I have tons of respect for the work put into it but feel adjustments could improve the look since the old wiki seems more readable.

there is no place.
    our first goal is to get the information up first. after that we will polish the looks.
    this is not paid for by cryptic, we are paying to make it outside our real life jobs.
    the present form is just temporary.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Due to the fact that cryptic just decided to invalidate like 600 dollars worth of crap I bought, I'm stepping out of this project. I'm probably not going to be logging on to CO anymore, and I damn sure don't want to put any more effort into a project to help this company in any way.

Sorry guys.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited October 2014
    taco isnt the only person working on the wiki.
    as long as a pay for it it will be up.I intend for it to be up as long as the game is.
    Taco did much for the wiki and many others on the team continue to.
    edited October 2014
    jasinblaze wrote: »
    there is no place.
    our first goal is to get the information up first. after that we will polish the looks.
    this is not paid for by cryptic, we are paying to make it outside our real life jobs.

Understandable. Why I was asking but not demanding. Since I have some wiki experience, I may volunteer assistance at some point in the future. I unfortunately can't at the immediate moment.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    edited October 2014
    Okay i'm going to set some things straight here. The wiki is still on.
    I am the owner of the wiki, i put taco in charge because our interests were/are aligned on this project. I dislike the spotlight and don't really care about credit for things. So we will continue to recruit people to work on the wiki until it is finished.
    Understandable. Why I was asking but not demanding. Since I have some wiki experience, I may volunteer assistance at some point in the future. I unfortunately can't at the immediate moment.
    we would love to have you when you are available

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies -Kaiserin
  • xydaxydaxydaxyda Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Best wishes to everyone on the project, your hard work will be appreciated!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Did some post cleanup. This is a thread for the wiki, please take concerns about recent game changes to the appropriate threads.
    edited October 2014
    working on the new logo banner, may make shirts
    wikilogoFINAL_zps81751a81.png
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Looks great, jasinblaze. *thumbsup*
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    working on the new logo banner

Its probably just me but for some reason that guy reads more as villain preparing to destroy the section of the city on the right. It has sort of "And you are next" vibe. Trying to process why...

* The downward, predatory angle of the head.
    * Eye siloutte angles almost into the "evil" \ / stereotype.
    * Cape attachment spheres also can read as two staring eyes.
    * Fist in a reared back, punching pose.
    * Non fist at an odd, clawlike angle.
    * Large white patches (implying light source) at odds with that of the city towers.
    * Non tower solid chuck of city skyline directly under him could be interpreted as a jagged pile of rubble.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the banner art looks fine. I could immediately tell that it's RenCen in the background the first time I looked at it. Nicely done.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Its probably just me but for some reason that guy reads more as villain preparing to destroy the section of the city on the right. It has sort of "And you are next" vibe. Trying to process why...

* Large white patches (implying light source) at odds with that of the city towers.
    * Non tower solid chuck of city skyline directly under him could be interpreted as a jagged pile of rubble.

That would make this the best logo ever for CO.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited October 2014

To me it looks like a generic superhero scanning the city for crime.
    edited October 2014
    dialamx wrote: »
    The city that is in the distance behind him and outside of his field of view. :) Out of curiousity I looked over some Superman + Metropolis images when he ends up in a posture like this to see why they don't register this way to me. I think it is that he is often drawn layered directly in front of the buildings, which makes him feel actually part of it (like its shield).

Though like I said though, its probably just me. I like the artistic style in any case, just not the composition.
    edited October 2014
    dialamx wrote: »
    bing exactly what was intended

1. yay
    2. yay
    3. yay
    4. yay
    5. yay
    6. those arent lights on towers but windows
    7. mil city is often in rubble
    it is stylized since we are doing a minimalistic approach. it looks good as my avatar which is good since the final presentation will be smaller than it is here. maybe 20% of the size here.

heres the best part.
    i like it
    edited October 2014
    working on the new logo banner, may make shirts

Decided to test how it looked on Zazzle and Cafepress.
    -
    COWiki2-custom_shirt-002.jpg

Zazzle looked a bit better.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited October 2014
    Ill clean it up(left it angular because i knew it woud be smaller) and take out the words is i go that route, coffee mugs might be nice. could be a great way to fund the wiki
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The city that is in the distance behind him and outside of his field of view. :)

Note that his location, in relation to the Downtown district and the Ren Center towers, puts him right above City Center. An appropriate place to scan for crimes, since all of the Alerts based in the Millennium City area happen in City Center.
    edited October 2014
    heres the best part.
    i like it

I certainly would hope so. A lot of work was obviously put into it.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I love it!

I don't really have anything else to add, I think it's a terrific piece of art.
    edited November 2014
    New skin is up. A lot of things have been added recently, so go take a look!

If you're curious what the end result is gonna look like, have a look at the locations page. I'm still fiddling a bit with the layout (the menu bar isn't quite what I want yet) but this is a final working proof.

OH! Also, if you see ralnautikuus in game? Give em a high five. Their work on the missions has been incredible, and they've helped a good deal with deciding the final layout.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    I like where this is heading.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's coming along very nicely. *applauds*
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2014
    Y'all gave some feedback, which was 100% heard, that the wiki needed to have more touches of CO in its design. I wanted to keep the clean look, and I am really rather fond of that blue I'm using for the header, but I hope it's more to everyone's liking. :smile:

I'm gonna finish the power pages while I'm sorting the skin for it, I know it says the power name like 15 times and that's rather excessive. I'd been planning on this skin for a while, but fiddling with the details was hella important. If anyone has lore, I'd seriously appreciate it. It's the one thing we lack a lot of, from the archive, and that makes it a pretty serious priority.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • bdragon4cobdragon4co Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It looks good!
    edited November 2014
  • jerax1011jerax1011 Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    webbannerinprogress_zps7f7e9c08.png

THIS! Me likey ^.^
    EU5doX8.jpg
    @Aleatha1011 in CO | Keeper of the Cheesecake since Nov. 2011| Bunni BOT is on PRIMUS! | Come check out my deviantart page!
    edited November 2014
    Cool banner.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow! I love how you reference each of the major zones in the banner. Very nicely done.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It is very, very nice. I love it. Great work!

You guys are all doing great things for the game we love. Kudos to you all :smile:

f29f89d2-0e44-41f7-9724-5a64cb0a5eed.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited November 2014
    Final product is up right now, give it a look!

The main page is going to be getting a reskin with the same kinda concept, and we're working on filling in the last of the power pages.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for being patient while we get this set up. I hope the end result is looking worth it. I know I'm pleased.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    he means end result of the banner not the site, many more cool deigns coming
    edited November 2014
    ^ yep. that.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    I gotta say, those formatting changes did a lot for improving the readability. I do wonder if the margins can be less narrow since the spacing seems like it was set more for a smartphone's ratio instead of a computer monitor.

-Sterga
    edited November 2014
    I gotta say, those formatting changes did a lot for improving the readability. I do wonder if the margins can be less narrow since the spacing seems like it was set more for a smartphone's ratio instead of a computer monitor.

this is exactly why its at the size it is now. we may add a responsive element in again so it resizes on large monitors, but you can always hit zoom on your browser
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, elasticity might eventually happen, but we're working with static images and that makes it a little more rough. I'm looking at making an /m/ version of the site, but it's going to take some time to do, because yeah... Mediawiki's not very friendly. I already tested elastic images a few days ago but it didn't work very well. I'd have to build a full second skin, which might just happen.

In other news, I was contacted by the mod of the CO subreddit yesterday, and offered one of the head mod positions. I accepted. That means coming up soon, we're going to also be using the reddit for sharing in game info with everyone. I'll keep y'all informed when that happens, and I'll share plans. I know we've been concerned about marketing, and sharing real info on the game on such a popular site might actually make it happen. Maybe draw some people. Coming from a player rather than the devs will do that even more. I'll be hitting a few of you up and asking if you want to participate. Again... Volunteers are cool. But I will vet the hell out of you, for this project. We need mods, and smart people who will share the word properly. Not spammers. My first outreach will be to the volunteer forum mods, and a few major players that I know to be redditors.

I'll give more data as I have it. At this point we're looking at using the wiki, the reddit, and the blog to share data on the game. Obviously, the forum too. I've got an odd glitch going on, so I can't do much in game right now, but by the time the reddit stuff is sorted I figure my account issues should be as well. We're looking at a multi-platform method of sharing info that should work for everyone, regardless of consumption choice. As it should be.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited November 2014
    webbannerinprogress_zps7f7e9c08.png

I like it, but for those that do not know what CO is, they might think it's an ad for an amusement park. But that's okay because it kind of is. :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
    edited November 2014
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    footer

footer.png
    Hm. I don't recognize the fifth figure, unless it's Clarence. The others are Grond, Teleiosaurus, Kigatilik, Qwyjibo, and something with a Destroyer head (probably mega-D).
    edited November 2014
    it is clarence, he is rated as a cosmic as well

here is a what it will look like on the page in the temporary

webmock_zps506d88b1.png

and here is where it is going
    each category will have its own icon with text name

a77fb7e3-93b7-4cce-98f7-83ab00f15324_zpsa518d210.png
  • melphyxmelphyx Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cool, i think that is a good idea have a CO wiki with the last updates.
    btw i like the page style, easy to use, direct to the point, and lite.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nepht wrote: »
    I really like the one with the dots.

...Same...

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, the layout with the dots looks good.
    edited November 2014
    the dots will be icons but circular in nature with text as well. the idea is for them to be easy to recognize and /or read quickly.
    edited November 2014
    Question: Any plans to duplicate this page in this style?

Mission Levels by Neighborhood

I'm not asking if you will duplicate it exactly, but I have long found that specific page (along with every link and all of the content there) to be my "Go To" page. For my money, it offers the most direct answer to the majority of my questions I have when I feel lost or when/if I feel ready to jump past missions that begin to fall beneath my heroes current level while still leveling.
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • yvonnedyvonned Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Question: Any plans to duplicate this page in this style?

Mission Levels by Neighborhood

I'm not asking if you will duplicate it exactly, but I have long found that specific page (along with every link and all of the content there) to be my "Go To" page. For my money, it offers the most direct answer to the majority of my questions I have when I feel lost or when/if I feel ready to jump past missions that begin to fall beneath my heroes current level while still leveling.

To answer your question: Yes, I have been planning to do that. In fact, I've been working very hard to make finding missions as easy as possible for anyone who needs to know something about them. I'll probably end up expanding to Contacts and possibly even Perks. Which means duplicating two other pages I've marked and gone to repeatedly for info:

Perk Reward Costume Pieces

5000 Kill Perk Grinding Locations

Currently I'm working on the missions pages, mostly copying the content from the old site, but also updating the missions with in-game content. I've finish all of the missions in Millennium City that were on the old site, though I'm still on the lookout for any that may have been overlooked. Currently I'm working on missions in Canadian Wilderness.

BTW jasinblaze: love the 'dots' layout idea. Can't wait to see it come to life.