What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agent Canada's Lottery

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Pankration@Jaazaniah1
    Most like Marvel's Hercules since he's the living embodiment of that ancient Greek sport of wrestling/boxing.​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Sister Silicon@KWRussell
    Best match: She-Hulk, except only the eyes are green. :smile:
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Inspector Steel @ Bluhman
    Probably the closest match to him likely would be The Question. (But larger.)
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    Mentella@RavenForce
    As my current avatar suggests...Emma Frost (Marvel). However Mentella is taller.
  • Options
    agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    So I have been doing Bruce Timm templates as practice for getting used to drawing now that I have to wear reading glasses, and I am going to offer one up here. What I would need from you is the name of your hero and which Marvel or DC character they would be most like. I don't mean a perfect match although some likenesses would be obvious, I mean body type, attitude and yes it could be powers as well. I will then look up a suitable reference picture, do an initially tracing for likeness and then redraw your character over top. Now there is one stipulation, you must have colour in your costume, a lot of people are under the impression that BTAS was all black and that simply isn't true, it was the intense colours that made the blacks seem so dark and moody.

__________, The Animated Series
    (01) Post the name of your Hero and your @name.
    (02) Post the name of the Marvel/DC hero they would be most like (see above).
    (03) You are responsible for posting a screen-cap of your hero
    * Do not post the screen cap until the winner is drawn, no screen cap no doodle however.

(01) Drifter@Bluegrass_Beast - looks most like Ghost Rider overall.
    (02) Valkyri@Pandabutt - who most looks like DC's Artemis
    (03) Hypernova@jonsills: The Animated Series - comparable to Superman.
    (04) Pankration@Jaazaniah1- Most like Marvel's Hercules
    (05) Sister Silicon@KWRussell - Best match: She-Hulk
    (06) Inspector Steel @ Bluhman - closest match would be The Question.
    (07) Mentella@RavenForce - Emma Frost (Marvel). Mentella is taller.
    (08)
    (09)
    (10)

I'm going to close this one Saturday morning after breakfast.
    AC
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Felicia Briarfang@kallethen - Best match? Marvel's Tigra with spots instead of stripes, probably.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Lazy morning but here goes.

(01) Post the name of your Hero and your @name.
    (02) Post the name of the Marvel/DC hero they would be most like (see above).
    * Do not post the screen cap until the winner is drawn, no screen cap no doodle however.

(01) Drifter@Bluegrass_Beast - looks most like Ghost Rider overall.
    (02) Valkyri@Pandabutt - who most looks like DC's Artemis
    (03) Hypernova@jonsills: The Animated Series - comparable to Superman.
    (04) Pankration@Jaazaniah1- Most like Marvel's Hercules
    (05) Sister Silicon@KWRussell - Best match: She-Hulk
    (06) Inspector Steel @ Bluhman - closest match would be The Question.
    (07) Mentella@RavenForce - Emma Frost (Marvel). Mentella is taller.
    (08) Felicia Briarfang@kallethen - Marvel's Tigra with spots instead of stripes.

Rolled as a d8 the die faces an "8", "Congratz to Felicia Briarfang!"
    I'll get started on this one as soon the screen cap gets posted to thread.
    AC
  • Options
    Woo-hoo! I won!onion-24.gif

And I also was stupid! Must have been pretty tired last night when I posted. Felicia is tiger-striped, not spotted. onion-55.gif

If it helps to note: Those are flowers in her hair, on her chest, and on her right wrist, and vines growing around her left wrist. She's sort of a dryad. Feel free to add other flowers or leaves if you feel like it.

Screenshot:
    2wqzrpz.jpg

Closeup:
    2rfd1zr.jpg​​

• Options
    Sorry kallethen, I sliced my thumb up pretty bad shortly after closing the lottery and had to hold off on the doodle till it healed up enough to hold a pencil. But I'm really apologizing because I just now realized that I never made a post about it. My thumb's fine and your drawing will hopefully be done this week.
    AC
  • Options
    No need for apologies, AC. I hope the thumb heals up nicely. While I admit I do wait with much anticipation, I know the wait will be worth it.​​

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    This has to be my favorite thread in the whole forum ^_^
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    Wow, thanks for all the love everyone. Now without any further delays, I give you Felicia Briarfang.
    "Best match? Marvel's Tigra"

Becomes Felicia Briarfang, the Animated Series.
    BTFelicia01:

Once again, sorry for the delay and I do hope you get a kick out of this tribute picture.
    AC
  • Options
    onion-1.gif
    WOW! Like I predicted, this was definitely worth the wait. Both with the Tigra picture and Felicia herself.

Thanks for the awesome art, AC!​​

• Options
    All these Bruce Timm lotteries and the good looking women themselves got me to wanting one of my own.
    So this

became this
    FIRE01:

If you only know Bruce's DC stuff you really need to check out his Marvel illustrations. A lot of it is much better than the DC ones, not because Marvel itself is better but because the designs were not made specifically for animation. This allow his more flexibility to try and capture the characters.
    AC
  • Options
    I couldn't post here from work this morning but I could and did post a lottery CORP forum, closes tomorrow, check it out if that's your thing.
    AC
  • Options
    Friday, April 22 - EARTH DAY
    That's the theme and the requirement, to enter your character must have an "obvious" connection to the earth. This may be physical or spiritual but it must be obvious, something visible. There is no way I can guarantee a Friday deadline but we are going to try anyways. This may be a little cheeky so let's keep the heroes 18 years or older.

EARTH DAY Lottery
    (01) Post the name of your Hero and your @ name (18+).
    (02) Post a brief explanation of your hero's earth connection

I hate doing fast close lotteries but this one does have a pre-existing deadline so it's tomorrow night when I get home from work. Happy Earth Week!
    AC
  • Options
    Hmm... Part of me says I should skip since my only nature themed toon was just the last lotto winner, but... I'll go ahead anyways.

Felicia Briarfang@kallethen, a cat-woman who was bestowed nature magic when she was given a sapling by a dying dryad and promised to take care of it.​​

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Friday, April 22 - EARTH DAY (Not a lot of time to wait for two official entries so here we go.)
    That's the theme and the requirement, to enter your character must have an "obvious" connection to the earth. This may be physical or spiritual but it must be obvious, something visible. There is no way I can guarantee a Friday deadline but we are going to try anyways. This may be a little cheeky so let's keep the heroes 18 years or older.

EARTH DAY Lottery

EARTH DAY Lottery
    (01) Felicia Briarfang@kallethen
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)

"Hmm... Part of me says I should skip since my only nature themed toon was just the last lotto winner, but... I'll go ahead anyways."
    *It's cool kallethen, you weren't really the last winner, the last couple of lotteries I ran kind of fizzled out. Welcome aboard.

I hate doing fast close lotteries but this one does have a pre-existing deadline so it's tomorrow night when I get home from work. Happy Earth Week!
    AC
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Meliora@bluhman please. She is pretty clearly a dryad.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    That's a tough one.... I've got a few that have a strong obvious connection to the earth...

Would a hero made out of water count? if so I'd like to enter Aquaria@Pandabutt

otherwise I'll enter Shatter Point@Pandabutt, her power is derived from the earth around her as she's a geo manipulator
    Post edited by raighn on
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Friday, April 22 - EARTH DAY (Not a lot of time to wait for two official entries so here we go.)

EARTH DAY Lottery

EARTH DAY Lottery
    (02) Meliora@bluhman
    (03) Aquaria@Pandabutt
    (04)
    (05)
    (06)

AC
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Almost missed this how about Xenolith@liath

Aboriginal hero, skin encrusted with fragments of rock and alien meteor debris which crashed near him while on a walkabout. Gave him ability to absorb his surroundings to bulk up or create rocky projectiles.​​
    Post edited by eiledon on
  • Options
    Small lottery but lets finalize the list and roll for my winner.

EARTH DAY Lottery

EARTH DAY Lottery
    (02) Meliora@bluhman
    (03) Aquaria@Pandabutt
    (04) Xenolith@liath​​
    Rolled as a d4, the die faces a "1", Congratz to Felicia Briarfang!"
    Looks like your lucky day kallethen, but if you are feeling guilty you can roll on the list yourself and post the results instead of your screencap.
    Thanks to all who joined up.
    AC
  • Options
    To change it up a bit, here's a pic of her in a dress instead of her fur bikini.

14c76lj.jpg​​

• Options
    A little late but when I knew I was going to miss the deadline I jazzed it up a little more as well. I do hope you get a kick out of this doodle and I do hope everybody did at least a little for mother earth.
    EarthDay01:

AC
  • Options
    Very awesome pin-up! I love it! onion-23.gif​​

• Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    It looks like Felicia had a run in with a pair of grass pokemon...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Hello Heroes
    Victoria Day or May 24 weekend as some like to say, is the next big Canadian holiday I plan on doing a lottery for, but I would like to try and get a few done before then. I am looking for a Canadian hero but this one is going to be a little different, the winner gets to join Alpha Flight. You would get to pick one Alphan to be your co-star and I, if possible, may add a second one to cement the image.
    This is for Alpha Flight fans, do not google Alpha Flight to find one that fits your character or default to "well Wolverine/Deadpool is Canadian... "

Victoria Day Lottery
    (01) Post the name of your Hero and your @ name.
    (02) Post which Alphan would be your choice of co-star.

Victoria Day Lottery
    (01)
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)
    (05)
    (06) Agent Canada@BobbyBlaze and Aurora (placeholder)​​
    AC
  • Options
    Might I suggest my diminutive dwarf star powered hero Northern Star@Liath (formerly White Dwarf) and the pugnatious Puck (Eugene Judd)​​
  • Options
    Yessir, I'll set up the list right now.
    Victoria Day or May 24 weekend as some like to say, is the next big Canadian holiday I plan on doing a lottery for, but I would like to try and get a few done before then. I am looking for a Canadian hero but this one is going to be a little different, the winner gets to join Alpha Flight. You would get to pick one Alphan to be your co-star and I, if possible, may add a second one to cement the image.
    This is for Alpha Flight fans, do not google Alpha Flight to find one that fits your character or default to "well Wolverine/Deadpool is Canadian... "

Victoria Day Lottery

Victoria Day Lottery
    (01) Might I suggest my diminutive dwarf star powered hero Northern Star@Liath and the pugnatious Puck (Eugene Judd).
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)
    (05)

Since I would like to try and get a few of these done I wont bother waiting for the minimum two entries to make it official and I just now realized I didnt post a closing date. Lets say it closes Friday night, 7:30 pm Est.
    AC
  • Options
    xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    Tsonoqua@Pariba, the Pacific Northwest Native Legend/Forest Demon paired with... Sasquatch/Walter- both are from BC, and looks wise she's a better match for him, then say Narya. :P
    Thanks AC!

• Options
    Wow only two entys, well that 50/50 odds anyways.

Victoria Day Lottery

Victoria Day Lottery
    (01) My diminutive dwarf star powered hero Northern Star@Liath and the pugnatious Puck (Eugene Judd).
    (02) Tsonoqua@Pariba, the Pacific Northwest Native Legend/Forest Demon paired with... Sasquatch/Walter
    (03)
    (04)
    (05)

This one close tonight, 7:30 pm Est.
    AC
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    My only problem here is that the membership of Alpha Flight has fluctuated so wildly over the past decade or so that now I can't be sure who's in it any more (well, that and I haven't actually read Alpha Flight since the late '90s). They kept changing out who was in the Vindicator suit, for crying out loud! I've got two explicitly Canuck characters, too. :disappointed:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    So what's the problem, pick one you like, I never said it had to be current. I just get sick of non-fans stealing opportunities from the fans.
    Oh and last call everybody.
    AC
  • Options
    Time to finalize the list and roll for my winner.

Victoria Day Lottery

Victoria Day Lottery
    (1-2) My diminutive dwarf star powered hero Northern Star@Liath and the pugnatious Puck (Eugene Judd).
    (3-4) Tsonoqua@Pariba, the Pacific Northwest Native Legend/Forest Demon paired with... Sasquatch/Walter

Rolled as a d4, the die faces... oh hey... look...., it's a purple girl... (Shakes head violently)
    Grrr, let's try that again, the die faces a "2" "Congratz to Northern Star!"
    I'll get started on this one as soon as the screen cap is posted to the page, I was assuming the Black suit but if you prefer the team uniform look let me know when you post.
    AC
  • Options
    xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    Yay! Congrats Lia! :D

• Options
    Wheee! Thanks AC RtcjLDn.gif

I am happy for you to use whichever look works best with the Puck costume you choose. Here are a couple of collages to help

Light Armor Tech

RJFB4bN.jpg

Classic Tights (his most recent costume change when Star Tights were released - had to be done!)

1Q6WK6d.jpg​​
  • Options
    I wanted to respond to the Thundrax leaving post but didn't realized I would hide it by responding. Check it out it's called Thanks. And since he originally posted to CORP, I put up a lottery there you might also want to check out.
    AC
  • Options
    Hello Heroes
    The Stormbreaker Lottery is now posted, "Congratz to Absolution!"
    Farewell01:

I hope this picture speaks volumes, both in character and out of character, see you later pal.
    Hail to the King, baby.
    AC
  • Options
    So Thundrax' picture took precedent over he Victoria Day Lottery picture but I did manage to get both done before the Victoria Day long weekend officially started. Here it is, and "Congratz to Northern Star!"
    Victoria02:

"Happy Victoria Day to all my Canadian friends, real and imaginary!"
    AC
  • Options
    prestochangoprestochango Posts: 196 Arc User
    Looking good, AC. Love that Sasquatch cameo as well.
  • Options
    Thanks you two. Yeah I thought with their comparative heights that the only cameo was going to be feet so I had better use the most most unique feet on the team.
    AC
  • Options
    Very nice, I'm flattered that you would use it as an avatar.
    AC
  • Options
    No Canada Day lottery this time around but I did do up a, hopefully funny, Canada Day cartoon.
    Beaver01:

"... uhm look "Gams", we discussed this before but this is Canada and when a Canuck ask for that... well let's just say it ain't me he's asking to see."
    "I am MOOSE?"
    "Well yeah, but at least you got to punch that guy when he asked for a moose knuckle."

HAPPY CANADA DAY!
    AC