What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agent Canada's Lottery

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The minature marvel, Bio-B@RavenForce fires a powerful finishing blast at MODOK's gigantic over sized head!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The blind avenging angle Black Seraph @Jaazaniah vs. Dracula, Prince of Darkness​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Aquaria@Pandabutt vs. Carnage

I look forward to seeing how the sketch form round 2 turns out ^-^
    Post edited by raighn on
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    @Bluhman: Inspector Steel faces off against, and takes down Master Mold. Whiplash,
    Post edited by bluhman on
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    Rune@Rune delivering an epic beatdown on Terrax the Tamer [as Cybermind would say], the worst of the worst of Galactus's Heralds. And his awesome Cosmic Axe.

Also, if you ever bring back a "two heroes fight" contest, I'd be SO down to let Squirrel Girl defeat RUne. That's like a right of passage!
  • Options
    randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Ballistic@randomchance42 may have cause to regret her victory over Taskmaster the next time they meet, but for now he's down for the count! =D
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Even the mechanical might of Ultron is no match for the pyrokinetic power of Pyretta Blaze@jonsills! Feel the burn!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Sister Silicon@KWRussell makes Iron Monger look like his armor was built in a cave. With a box of scraps.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    So let's get the first update down and remind a few people that you have to be on the Guest List to enter and that size is an issue, no Galactus types means no giant opponents.
    Remember if you were big enough to lose to an Epic Marvel, then your big enough to win! Doctor Doom and Apocalypse having won their bouts are no longer available. You will be listed by global name only as you may want to change up your entries, and you will be added to the list as you make a proper post. As I have been asked to work this week end (again) I will be closing this one on Monday instead of the usual three day period.

The Marvel Mash-Up! - Remember this is for true geeks only, you're going to WIN! So pick which Epic Marvel Villain you would like to beat the tar out of. This is a new series so all villains are available (not including Galactus types). By Epic I mean the big gun / name brand villains not just the cosmic entity types. Do keep in mind that I'm an older fan so the villain you choose must be part of the main Marvel Universe and will be drawn in the most recognizable costume or era.

Standard Rules:
    (01) Post the name of your Hero and your @name.
    (02) Post the name of the Epic Marvel Villain you get to beat.
    (03) You are responsible for posting a screen-cap of your hero
    * Do not post the screen cap until the winner is drawn, no screen cap no doodle however.

The Guest List
    (01) @Pariba
    (02) @superknight0101
    (03) @gijoespouse2
    (04) @alleste
    (05) @drobjectionable
    (06) @milleniumguardian
    (07) @bluegrass_beast
    (08) @Bluhman
    (09) @Pandabutt
    (10) @doctorpresto
    (11) @RavenForce
    (12) @jonsills
    (13) @RandomChance42
    (14) @rune
    (15) @KWRussell
    (16) @esalmighty
    (17) @Glass-Rose

* I editted the entries for size, the list gets pretty big otherwise. Fixed the original numbering as well.

MARVEL MASH-UP, GRAND PRIZE
    (01) Linden@Pariba versus Doc Oc
    (02) Redback@milleniumguardian versus Kraven the Hunter!
    (03) Stargazer@doctorpresto versus Electro
    (04) Bio-B@RavenForce versus MODOK's
    (05) Aquaria@Pandabutt versus Carnage
    (06) Rune@Rune versus Terrax the Tamer
    (07) Ballistic@randomchance42 versus Taskmaster
    (08) Ultron versus Pyretta Blaze@jonsills!
    (09) Sister Silicon@KWRussell versus Iron Monger
    (10) Hinomaru@superknight0101 versus Sandman (Flint Marko)
    (11)

"Iceheart@bluegrass_beast, fighting ice with ice against Ymir!"
    * You're more than welcome to join up but you need to pick someone smaller.

"The blind avenging angle Black Seraph @Jaazaniah vs. Dracula, Prince of Darkness​​"
    * You would've needed to enter one of the previous to rounds to get on the Guest List.

"@Bluhman: Inspector Steel faces off against, and takes down Master Mold."
    * You need to pick someone smaller as well.

Next update, if needed, will be tomorrow but later in the day as well.
    AC
  • Options
    Second Update: You have to be on the Guest List to enter this draw, and you would've needed to enter one of the first two Epic Loss rounds to get on the Guest List.

Remember if you were big enough to lose to an Epic Marvel, then your big enough to win! Doctor Doom and Apocalypse having won their bouts are no longer available. You will be listed by global name only as you may want to change up your entries, and you will be added to the list as you make a proper post. As I have been asked to work this week end (again) I will be closing this one on Monday instead of the usual three day period.

The Marvel Mash-Up! - Remember this is for true geeks only, you're going to WIN! So pick which Epic Marvel Villain you would like to beat the tar out of. This is a new series so all villains are available (not including Galactus types). By Epic I mean the big gun / name brand villains not just the cosmic entity types. Do keep in mind that I'm an older fan so the villain you choose must be part of the main Marvel Universe and will be drawn in the most recognizable costume or era.

Standard Rules:
    * Do not post the screen cap until the winner is drawn, no screen cap no doodle however

The Guest List
    (04) @alleste
    (05) @drobjectionable
    (07) @bluegrass_beast
    (08) @Bluhman
    (16) @esalmighty
    (17) @Glass-Rose

* I editted the entries for size, the list gets pretty big otherwise. Fixed the original numbering as well.

(11) Faith@gijoespouse2 vs Dormammu.
    (12)
    (13)

"Sorry, didn't know the scale.. honestly, am i overlooking any ice-based villains? Marvel just doesn't have them in any degree when I think "villains".."
    *No worries, you have till tomorrow night to switch up your entry if anything comes to mind.

"I will throw in a character @RexCelestis with my Persian based hero names Peri fighting Mephisto."
    * You would've needed to enter one of the previous to rounds to get on the Guest List.

"@Bluhman: Inspector Steel faces off against, and takes down Master Mold."
    * You need to pick someone smaller as well.

AC
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User

Done, changed the villain to Whiplash.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Hey @bluegrassbeast there's always this guy if you're looking for an ice/cold based villain........

http://marvel.com/universe/Blizzard_(Donald_Gill)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Hey, AC. Rose currently has no reception at the moment and asked me to post for her just in case.

Victoria Advent@Glass-Rose tells Kang the Conqueror to knock it off with the time shenanigans.
  • Options
    Lets wrap it up and roll for my winner.

Standard Rules:
    * Do not post the screen cap until the winner is drawn, no screen cap no doodle however.

The Guest List
    (04) @alleste
    (05) @drobjectionable
    (16) @esalmighty

(11) Faith@gijoespouse2 vs Dormammu.
    (12) Inspector Steel@Bluhman versus Whiplash.
    (13) Iceheart@bluegrass_beast versus Blizzard
    (14) Victoria Advent@Glass-Rose versus Kang the Conqueror
    (15) Agent Canada@Bobby Blaze vs the Red Skull.
    (16) Agent Canada@Bobby Blaze vs the Red Skull.
    (17) Agent Canada@Bobby Blaze vs the Red Skull.
    (18) Agent Canada@Bobby Blaze vs the Red Skull.
    (19) Agent Canada@Bobby Blaze vs the Red Skull.
    (20) Agent Canada@Bobby Blaze vs the Red Skull.

Adding a few placeholders and rolled as a d20, the die faces a "20". Ignoring the placeholder the die faces a "3 " when rolled the second time. "Congratz to Stargazer!"
    Obviously I have to catch up with my workload but when you do post the screencap you only have to post it to whichever forums you're more comfortable with. Thanks everybody,
    AC
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Minecrash @esalmighty vs Mole Man
  • Options

Missed it by that much. :wink:

Congrats, Doc!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    prestochangoprestochango Posts: 196 Arc User
    Hmmm, well that didn't work out as planned. I tried to post the image instead of the link. Let me know if that works, AC.
  • Options

• Options
    Many thanks, jonsills!
  • Options

Many thanks, jonsills!

No worries - the secret is to click on the address where it says "Direct" (this automatically copies it into the Clipboard), then click on the icon up there that looks like a piece of paper with the corner folded down and ctrl-V the address into that. It'll post the image for you. (Which reminds me - I really need to update my Recognition Guide thread, to reflect the heroes I've retired and created...)

• Options
    jonsills said:

Missed it by that much. :wink:

Congrats, Doc!
    Odd...must of updated right as I did. Unless I was looking at wrong page, confused now.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Wow, that's a lot of traffic.
    It's cool presto, I probably could've faked it, I have drawn Stargazer quite a bit.
    Thanks for stepping up like that Jonsills.
    You were probably on the wrong page ealford, when I checked it the first time, you post was dated for an hour and a half after I closed the lottery.
    AC
  • Options

Wow, that's a lot of traffic.
    It's cool presto, I probably could've faked it, I have drawn Stargazer quite a bit.
    Thanks for stepping up like that Jonsills.
    You were probably on the wrong page ealford, when I checked it the first time, you post was dated for an hour and a half after I closed the lottery.
    AC

Yeah I guess so. Normally do this on my mobile and usually hitting link takes me to last page. Oh well.
  • Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    I've noticed stale cached pages on the forums lately. In fact, when I loaded this very page, it was back on Jon's fix for Presto's image link until I hit Cmd-Shift-R to skip-cache reload. I think it's Vanilla, because I've sometimes visited a thread list page, navigated into a thread, and returned to the same thread list page to see that it's suddenly a day old.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options

I've noticed stale cached pages on the forums lately. In fact, when I loaded this very page, it was back on Jon's fix for Presto's image link until I hit Cmd-Shift-R to skip-cache reload. I think it's Vanilla, because I've sometimes visited a thread list page, navigated into a thread, and returned to the same thread list page to see that it's suddenly a day old.

I've noticed this too... I just though I was losing my mind though...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    raighn said:

I've noticed this too... I just though I was losing my mind though...
    Okay, I'm not crazy either! Because I distinctly remember by post being added even before page 8 was made.
  • Options
    Hello Heroes
    Round 2 of the Marvel Mash-Up lottery is now posted, "Congratz to Synaptic!"
    BROKEN01:

Apocalypse is a lot bigger than I would've originally guessed but I do hope you get a kick out of your victory/defeat.
    AC
    If this cache roll back or whatever it is, is a Vanilla thing, one of you should file a bug and cite this thread.
  • Options
    O.o I don't remember him being that big either... It turned out really good though.

Poor Alison, just can't seem to catch a break, first she's kidnapped, then turned into a cyborg, and now she's getting her arm ripped off... and those synthetic pain receptors sure do work, perhaps a little too well... especially when combined with a constant subconscious Technopathic link... she's definitely going to feel that one in the morning...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Just checked Marvel's wiki out of curiosity, and En Sabah Nur there stands about seven feet tall, so yeah, he really is that big.

And apparently really is that insecure about having the biggest, most complicated gloves. :smile:

• Options
    Wow great stuff,AC. You can see the look of anguish on Synaptic's face.

Obligatory fun fake titles and such......

"Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark!"
    "Wouldn't you lend your hand to a fiend?"
    "This little piggy went to mark....whoops."
  • Options

Wow great stuff,AC. You can see the look of anguish on Synaptic's face.

If she wasn't a technopath or didn't have synthetic pain receptors in her mechanical body then that look wouldn't make any sense. But luckily she's a technopath and did have pain receptors installed (she found it difficult to function without them, due to having no sense of touch and all)
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I still owe you a Marvel Mash-Up Grand prize doodle but have been suffering a massive creative block and needed to do something to get my artistic mojo back. So I fired off some Bruce Timm inspired artwork. the first is my own character, Sector Protector, who as Adam Westings ran the Curio Shop where these Champions Lotteries first got their start.
    Adam01:

and since this one seemed popular enough I asked if a fellow Sentinel wanted one, and Rune jumped and asked for Abyss to get the animated treatment.
    BTAbyssC:

Rest assured I will get to the Marvel Mash-Up as soon as I kick this funk.
    AC
  • Options
    Love that style, AC. You should consider making that one of your future lotteries!
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    I'd say you nailed the animated series look. Which makes me feel nostalgic. Very awesome.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    kallethen said:

I'd say you nailed the animated series look. Which makes me feel nostalgic. Very awesome.​​

Yeah, I provided AC with an example of Timm's work on a piece he drew of Zattanna and he ran with it, which is appropriate given that my character there, Abyss, is a Sorceress herself.

I think you can see what a great job he did.

• Options
    All right I finally got a doodle for the Marvel Mash-Up: Grand Prize lottery's winner. I apologize for the delay and I hope this fits the bill.
    Knockout01:

I had unintentionally created a bondage theme by having my previous winners, both female, on their knees before their (male) opponents, and I guess once it was pointed out to me the creative block struck. So for this piece I wanted the hero to be getting back up and knocking the villain up and out. There's no "hard light" boxing glove in this game but I needed it to be a big hit. I hope you all get a kick out of it.
    AC
  • Options
    Winnah, by knockout.....the Stargazer!

Thank you very much. I absolutely love it AC, while there isn't a hard light boxing glove in game, you've proved that there should be with this piece!

I can clearly see the set up for this too. Electro and Stargazer battle back and forth for several minutes, Electro gets the best of her and she falls to her knees. The electrifying villain moves closer to gloat and whammo!
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    I just discovered this thread. It is too awesome.
  • Options
    Great job posting all of that art to the AC'S CHAMPIONS ONLINE ART ARCHIVE. It's nice having it all in one spot so that new folks can easily see it and also *ahem* old folks can take a trip down memory lane. Of course I have all of mine saved in various locations, however I had forgotten quite a bit of the lottery stuff that you had created for others. Amazing creations. Give yourself a well deserved pat on the back. That's a ton of free art. No wonder you need glasses!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.
    AC
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    So I have been doing Bruce Timm templates as practice for getting used to drawing now that I have to wear reading glasses, and I am going to offer one up here. What I would need from you is the name of your hero and which Marvel or DC character they would be most like. I don't mean a perfect match although some likenesses would be obvious, I mean body type, attitude and yes it could be powers as well. I will then look up a suitable reference picture, do an initially tracing for likeness and then redraw your character over top. Now there is one stipulation, you must have colour in your costume, a lot of people are under the impression that BTAS was all black and that simply isn't true, it was the intense colours that made the blacks seem so dark and moody.
    For example this:

became this:

I am not offering the final colours mind you, my eyes are still too buggy for that.

__________, The Animated Series
    (02) Post the name of the Marvel/DC hero they would be most like (see above).

(01)
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)
    I'm going to close this one Saturday morning after breakfast.
    AC
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Not to many of my characters have vibrant colors and a silhouette that is comparable to any Marvel/DC characters... but I think out of all of them the best bet might be...

Valkyri@Pandabutt

Who most looks like DC's Artemis
    Post edited by raighn on
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    Hypernova@jonsills: The Animated Series
    He'd be most comparable to Superman, both in powers and build. (And I've changed the costume a bit over the past year.)

• Options
    So I have been doing Bruce Timm templates as practice for getting used to drawing now that I have to wear reading glasses, and I am going to offer one up here. What I would need from you is the name of your hero and which Marvel or DC character they would be most like. I don't mean a perfect match although some likenesses would be obvious, I mean body type, attitude and yes it could be powers as well. I will then look up a suitable reference picture, do an initially tracing for likeness and then redraw your character over top. Now there is one stipulation, you must have colour in your costume, a lot of people are under the impression that BTAS was all black and that simply isn't true, it was the intense colours that made the blacks seem so dark and moody.

(02) Post the name of the Marvel/DC hero they would be most like (see above).

(01) Drifter@Bluegrass_Beast - looks most like Ghost Rider overall.
    (02) Valkyri@Pandabutt - who most looks like DC's Artemis
    (03) Hypernova@jonsills: The Animated Series - comparable to Superman.

I'm going to close this one Saturday morning after breakfast.
    AC