What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agent Canada's Lottery

Comments

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Britannia@milleniumguardian, who fought in both WW1 and WW2 would like to participate in honouring the veterans and the dead from these conflicts and in the spirit of friendship between the UK and the US she would like to stand with Isaiah Bradley, the "black Captain America" (hate that term but that's the one that is often used for him in the MU).

Hands across the water.
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    While I hated the retcon and what it did to Steve's origin, I don't have a problem with Isaiah as a character so welcome aboard.

Remembrance Day or Veterans Day is fast approaching and I like to take a stab at doing a respect piece. I'm offering it up here as it might see a larger audience. What I'm offering is for one of your characters to observe the Moment of Silence with one of Marvel's soldiers. A lot of Marvel heroes have served but I'm looking for one who's backstory revolves around it.
    You don't have to play a superpatriot but your hero must have an obvious reason to commemorate the day as well, ie, an alien who just arrived on earth, a timelost futurian, etc. would not apply.
    All the normal rules apply and remember all Marvel related lotteries get posted to the Marvel Heroes 2015 forums as well.

Remembrance Day Lottery Rules
    (1) Post the name of your hero, (insert theme requirement).
    (2) Post your global name.
    (3) Post the name of the Marvel soldier co-star
    (4) Post a full body, full color picture of the hero (doesn't need to be big, just showing head to toe).
    * do not post the screen-cap until a winner is announced, no screen cap no doodle however.

Remembrance Day Lottery
    (01) Colonial (Served in Revolutionary War)@pallas001- Captain America
    (02) Rose Blackstone (Daughter of a military general, currently serving as well)@Panddabutt - Ms. Marvel
    (03) Blitzkrieger@bluegrass_beast alongside Captain America -Origins (loosely) in WW2, and both are career soldiers.
    (04) Medic@jonsills, Col. Nicholas J. Fury. - Both soldiers who served their country in a long-ago conflict.
    (05) Britannia@milleniumguardian, who fought in both WW1 and WW2 -Isiah Bradley, the "black Captain America"
    (06)
    (07)
    (08)
    (09)
    (10) Iceberg@bobbyblaze, Former Infantryman - Wolverine (as a placeholder only).

*Entries were fine so far, just edited for size.
    This is going to be a fast close as I don't want to miss the deadline, Thursday morning at the latest. Remember the theme and be respectful. Feel free to ask questions as I won't be in-game much this week due to work.
    AC
  • Options
    gorinzachiangorinzachian Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I'll go with Maj. Matrix@Gorinzachian alongside War Machine. The major is a former Delta Force commando.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

While I hated the retcon and what it did to Steve's origin, I don't have a problem with Isaiah as a character so welcome aboard.

Thank you AC.

I don't mean to derail and please feel free to ignore the question or address it later but I'm curious. How did introducing Isaiah change Steve's origin?
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Steve's original origin was that the formula was one of a kind and could never be replaced making Captain America truly special. It's creator feared it's corruption and committed it to memory so no unsolicited use could ever be made without his active participation. Captain America's success made the need for others to find /create / steal a super serum of their own a necessity.
    So several early retcons used to return Captain America to the Marvel Age of comics added that the formula might not have been as important as the Vita Ray projector itself, also once again unique to his origin as it explodes in the lab during his Rebirth. Some add that the military wanted a soldier and that Steve himself was responsible for the idea of "Captain America".
    And because of the (story) problems with Steve's creation and his return from suspended animation storyline, that others had taken up the name in honour of Captain America's disappearance. All in all making scrawny, 4F Steve Rogers as important to being Captain America as the Serum itself.

Long-winded and I apologize for that, but here's where it messes with Steve's origins:
    It is shown that before Steve was even selected for Project Rebirth, the American military was already conducting Super Soldier experiments - no big deal if they were different or concept only projects.
    It is also heavily implied that the early tests were done on minorities on purpose - which is a total slap in the face both to Steve's own personal beliefs and that of Doctor Erskine, who fled his own country due to racial persecution. Had the Doctor known any of that, he would've taken his formula elsewhere - also no big deal if they were kept entirely separate.

However it is also clearly shown that Isaiah was in action before Steve was active in Europe. America was not at war and Isaiah was already in a pseudo-Cap costume. It's not a bad story, but retcon after retcon after retcon, it simply no longer adds up, and more importantly to me as a huge Captain America fan - Steve is no longer the first or even the best Captain America.
    AC
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Agent Blue Blaze@kallethen, who is a former agent of UNTIL, alongside Captain America.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Would it be ok for me to change my entry from Rose Blackstone to Freedom Girl?... would still be paired with Ms. Marvel in either case... Freedom Girl is just an all around patriot, so she'd really have no reason not to commemorate... Feel free to say no, it's cool either way.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    Streaking Star@Rune with the Winter Soldier.

Both are Patriotic Heroes with shady pasts and a willingness to act as soldiers would and kill under orders for the greater good.

[I wanted the name "Shooting Star" as a reference to the Star Spangled Banner and fireworks, but shooting is a banned word in the name system, so I had to scramble.]
  • Options
    Yes, yes and yes but I'll add and alter the list tomorrow before I roll for my winner.
    AC
  • Options
    All right let's finalize the list and roll for our winner.

Remembrance Day or Veterans Day is fast approaching and I like to take a stab at doing a respect piece. I'm offering it up here as it might see a larger audience. What I'm offering is for one of your characters to observe the Moment of Silence with one of Marvel's soldiers. A lot of Marvel heroes have served but I'm looking for one who's backstory revolves around it.
    You don't have to play a superpatriot but your hero must have an obvious reason to commemorate the day as well, ie, an alien who just arrived on earth, a timelost futurian, etc. would not apply.
    All the normal rules apply and remember all Marvel related lotteries get posted to the Marvel Heroes 2015 forums as well.

Remembrance Day Lottery Rules
    (1) Post the name of your hero, (insert theme requirement).
    (2) Post your global name.
    (3) Post the name of the Marvel soldier co-star
    (4) Post a full body, full color picture of the hero (doesn't need to be big, just showing head to toe).
    * do not post the screen-cap until a winner is announced, no screen cap no doodle however.

Remembrance Day Lottery
    (01) Colonial (Served in Revolutionary War)@pallas001- Captain America
    (02) Freedom Girl (is just an all around patriot)@Panddabutt - Ms. Marvel
    (03) Blitzkrieger@bluegrass_beast alongside Captain America -Origins (loosely) in WW2, and both are career soldiers.
    (04) Medic@jonsills, Col. Nicholas J. Fury. - Both soldiers who served their country in a long-ago conflict.
    (05) Britannia@milleniumguardian, who fought in both WW1 and WW2 -Isiah Bradley, the "black Captain America"
    (06) Maj. Matrix@Gorinzachian alongside War Machine. The major is a former Delta Force commando.
    (07) Agent Blue Blaze@kallethen, who is a former agent of UNTIL, alongside Captain America.​​
    (08) Streaking Star@Rune with the Winter Soldier. Both are Patriotic Heroes with shady pasts

Rolled as a d8, the die faces a "5" "Congratz to Britannia!"
    Good thing I cut and paste the responses as I go otherwise that might've seemed awkward. I'll get started in this as soon as the screen cap is posted to the thread and try to make the deadline a priority.
    Thanks all,
    Agent Canada
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Wooot! Here are the screenies AC......

photo screenshot_2015-11-05-14-38-55_1.jpg

photo screenshot_2015-11-05-14-40-32-1.jpg

photo screenshot_2015-11-05-14-40-00_1.jpg

photo screenshot_2015-11-05-14-39-25_1.jpg

She's a tall drink of water btw, about 6'4".

And ty for the info about the Isaiah/Steve retcon. I'm gonna go and read up on that now.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick response and you're welcome.
    AC
  • Options
    Hello Heroes, the Remembrance Day Lottery winner's picture is now posted "Congratz to Britannia!"
    Veterans01:

Britannia chose to share the Moment of Silence with Isaiah Bradley, as her Remembrance Day / Veterans Day tribute. I do hope I did it justice and I do hope you get a kick out of it as well.
    Respectfully,
    Agent Canada
  • Options
    It certainly is very cool AC.

You really captured the moment and that hand on the shoulder sealed the deal. Thanks again for taking the time to do these art lotteries.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    photo 2142349625_7dd31cc63f_o 2.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Really hate I keep missing these, since the forum change I can't keep up. The Purple Heart would of been perfect for this one. Great job on the Veterns/Remembrance Day one.
  • Options
    Thanks ealford1985 and thanks for the pic themightyzenith. I'm working on a Kid sidekick one right now but the lotteries, barring the Hallowe'en stuff, have been less frequent as well.
    AC
  • Options
    Hello Heroes
    The Kid Sidekick Lottery winner's picture is finally posted, "Congratz to Liira!"
    Sidekick01:

The idea of a lottery where the winning entry got to be paired off with a suitable Marvel mentor was offered up on the C.O.R.P. Forums and the winner happened to choose Doctor Strange. This is a little late but I threw my back out and sitting for any length of time gets pretty painful, I do hope you get a kick out of your win.
    AC
  • Options
    Hello Heroes
    Anybody who regularly follows the art threads should know me and what I do by now so I'm opening the next lottery to suggestions, most popular suggestion becomes the next lottery. Keep in mind the format is set in stone 8.5X11, Black&White, Pen&Ink doodles. They are usually single character pieces but the theme, provided it is kept simple sometime alters that one. All the normal rules would still apply, active players, screencaps, etc...
    I'll close the suggestion part tomorrow after work and I'll post the official lottery shortly afterwards.
    AC
  • Options
    Well that lets me off the hook, see you all sometime next week.
    AC
  • Options
    saedorsaedor Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hey AC, whats your CO global? I can't remember it. This is @saedor.... Ballistic Man, Justice Shield, Adventure Joe... Remember the old team? I do...

• Options
    Heya saedor it's @BobbyBlaze. And of course I do, that's one of my girlfriend's favorite pics.
    AC
  • Options
    A little comic book tribute to mark the end of GuildPortal, the virtual home for almost all of my superheroes.
    ZeroPortal01:

A few of my artistic mains and a small select group of guest stars. I hope to see you all on the other side,
    AC
  • Options
    Hello Heroes, at least three of the super groups I used to belong to also maintained GuildPortal sites, these three are also rushing to restart the SG forums on other hosts- shivtr, enjin, etc... It's a lot of work and more power to them for it.
    "E is for Enjin" stuck in my head when I had to make up my account and I see it with every new account created and since I was looking for a new lottery, we are going to do "P is for Pin-Up"
    So if your GuildPortal based Super Group is currently rebuilding their SG forums, you are an active Champion and have a female hero 18 yrs and up (age and appearance), you may enter the "P is for Pin-Up" Lottery.
    All he regular rules apply plus you must be willing to link your two sites.

Standard Lottery Rules (these never change):
    (1) Post the name of your hero and global name.
    (2) Post links to the two sites (verification only - I not looking for membership)
    (3) Post a full body, full color picture of the hero (doesn't need to be big, just showing head to toe).

P is for Pin-Up Lottery
    (01)
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)

As GuildPortal has yet to shutdown in spite of the forum header I am not sure how fast I'll close this one but I do want at least two qualified candidates. If your SG is using another host instead of Enjin, that's fine too, as long as you are rebuilding.
  • Options
    Well it's five days late but it appears that GuildPortal has finally shut down and that closes the P is for Pin-Up Lottery. Good luck to everyone who had to rebuild their SG homes.
    AC
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    No worries bluegrassbeast, it was kind of theme specific and these forums don't help much either.

Let's go back to the beginning of the Champions Freebies (Cut&Paste)

Hello Heroes
    As some of you know I usually run a lottery for my SG mates and offer up a single character, pen & ink doodle as the prize. I am going to offer one up here as a Christmas gift, the rules are as follows:
    (01) You must post your character name@name (in case i need to get in touch.)
    (02) You must post a screen cap of your character to this thread, showing head to toe.
    (03) You may suggest a simple pose or stance like the Human Torch casually tossing a fireball in the air (if the stance requires a weapon I'll need a pic of that as well)

This is a limited time offer, expires tonight and it goes to the first person to make a proper post. The winner's picture will be posted here, within a week or two.
    Thanks and Happy Holidays,
    AC

*Must be an active Champions and there's no time requirement - it goes to the first person to make a proper post.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    The Huntsman@milleniumguardian

photo screenshot_2015-12-12-05-03-09.jpg

photo screenshot_2015-12-12-05-03-27.jpg

photo screenshot_2015-12-12-05-04-05.jpg

I hope these are okay for you AC. If they are a tad big just tell me and I'll reduce the size :)

P.S. He doesn't really have a laser string on his bow, nor is it really made of metal...that's just Cryptic derpiness ;)

P.P.S. You choose the pose mate, I trust ya!

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    ..and we have a proper post "Congratz to Huntsman! The pics are fine and I'll get started tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    AC
  • Options
    Woot! I'm stoked,thanks AC :)
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    Last minute Christmas shopping, we've all been there at least once in our lives and this lottery is no exception. This doodle may be a gift to yourself or for a friend, either way you are responsible for the screencap. You and the hero to be drawn must be an active Champions.

The Last Minute Christmas Gift
    (01) You must post your character name@name.
    (02) Post the name of the Hero (you or a friend) to be drawn.
    (03) You must post a screen cap of your character to this thread, showing head to toe.
    (04) You may suggest a simple pose or stance like the Human Torch casually tossing a fireball in the air (if the stance requires a weapon I'll need a pic of that as well)

(01)
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)

This will be a quick closer even though I will probably miss the deadline anyways, it will be posted before the Holidays are over.
    Thanks and Happy Holidays,
    AC
  • Options
    numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    @prototype902
    Micro Man
    Pose would be a tribute to Tales to Astonish #35

• Options
    That's a bit much for a single character black & white doodle but I get the idea. Nice homage as well, good luck.
    AC
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Deathwish@lastsonofzod
    Deathwish

As far as posing, I'm really open to just about anything. I provided shots of his pistols and swords in his headshots, but I'm really curious to see what you could make of him. I would note that Deathwish is a comical character, so something spoofing another hero would be appropiate.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    @pandabutt
    Crescent
    Posed much like Hawkgirl in this image: (Link)
    Of course Crescent uses a Scythe instead of a mace though... and if possible would like to have the chain on her arm hanging a bit loose...

jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    @Ravenforce
    Character Name: Solaris
    Pose: Solaris with a mischevious grin/smirk as she generates a fireball in one hand, perhaps holding it close to her face with flaming eyes! Almost like: "Never play with fire" smirk

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Wow, we got quite few entries so far, so I'll set up the official list right now.
    Last minute Christmas shopping, we've all been there at least once in our lives and this lottery is no exception. This doodle may be a gift to yourself or for a friend, either way you are responsible for the screencap. You and the hero to be drawn must be an active Champions.

(03) You must post a screen cap of your character to this thread, showing head to toe.
    (04) You may suggest a simple pose or stance like the Human Torch casually tossing a fireball in the air (if the stance requires a weapon I'll need a pic of that as well)

(01) @prototype902, Micro Man - Pose would be a tribute to Tales to Astonish #35
    (02) Deathwish@lastsonofzod (Deathwish) something spoofing another hero would be appropiate.
    (03) @pandabutt Crescent - Posed much like Hawkgirl
    (04) @Ravenforce Character Name: Solaris - "Never play with fire" smirk
    (05)
    (06)

You didn't need to post the screencaps till a winner was announced but with it being a holiday deadline that was probably a good decision on your part.

"Posed much like Hawkgirl in this image: (Link)"
    *Wow, if it wasn't for the Thanagarian Crest I wouldn't have even known that was Hawkgirl, not a very nice redesign for a character with such a rich history.

This will be a quick closer even though I will probably miss the deadline anyways, it will be posted before the Holidays are over. Thanks and Happy Holidays,
    AC
  • Options
    xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    Hi AC!
    I'd like to enter. I'm Liira@Pariba, he is Chevalier@Shaelos.

Not the best screenies, I had to sneak up on him while he was in the tailor. :) He uses a rapier as his main weapon but wasn't waving it about today, so that's fine. Pose? Looking like a badass Bondian spy? Maybe with some fancy drink in hand- I think that's a standard for the spy genre.

Thanks AC!

• Options
    Lol, I don't know if I can imagine "A slightly more sultry, sexy take on" that cover. I would like to point out that this is still just a Handbook style doodle and while I might use the poses, I will not be drawing the full cover.
    AC
  • Options
    epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    Wheelman@epelesker
    I'll be doing this as a gifter for Grand Slam@ironman12348! He'd be pointing at the viewer and smirking confidently.

----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • Options

"Posed much like Hawkgirl in this image: (Link)"
    *Wow, if it wasn't for the Thanagarian Crest I wouldn't have even known that was Hawkgirl, not a very nice redesign for a character with such a rich history.

Yea... at first I thought Google had made a mistake when I searched images... but it is her >.< don't care for the redesign either, but the pose was nice and seemed fitting for Crescent.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    The list is shaping up nicely and it's great to break the d4 for larger lottery

(01) @prototype902, Micro Man - Pose would be a tribute to Tales to Astonish #35
    (02) Deathwish@lastsonofzod (Deathwish) something spoofing another hero would be appropiate.
    (03) @pandabutt Crescent - Posed much like Hawkgirl
    (04) @Ravenforce Character Name: Solaris - "Never play with fire" smirk
    (05) I'm Liira@Pariba, he is Chevalier@Shaelos. Looking like a badass Bondian spy?
    (06) Domina@bluegrass_beast, Domina A slightly more sultry, sexy take on Magneto's classic pose from X-Men Vol. 2 #1
    (07) Wheelman@epelesker - as a gift for Grand Slam@ironman12348! He'd be pointing at the viewer and smirking confidently.
    (08)
    (09)
    (10)

"Yea... at first I thought Google had made a mistake when I searched images... but it is her >.< don't care for the redesign either, but the pose was nice and seemed fitting for Crescent."
    * Cool, the pose is fine.

This will be a quick closer even though I will probably miss the deadline anyways, it will be posted before the Holidays are over. Thanks and Happy Holidays,
    AC
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Chisoku@Bluhman
    Gonna request the character Chisoku!

For pose, how about mid flying kick? Or flying knee?
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    I like the redesign Bluh. Steel Shadow chest suits him :)
  • Options
    dr490nbr347hidr490nbr347hi Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ArchTech@dr490nbr347hi

Standing with one arm raised, kinda like Fulgore.

@dr490nbr347hi / Playing since January 25, '11
    Display normal Internet behavior. Come and make fun (yes, make fun) of my PRIMUS page.
  • Options
    Hello Heroes, the latest Christmas Gift is now posted. "Congratz to the Huntsman!"
    Gift04:

"It's okay, I only need one shot."

First off I must apologize for the image quality, the sketch and almost all of the inks were done, all it needed was the bow string and then some cleaning up. Sadly, when I went to add the bow string the pen tore through the paper. I was able to save the larger drawing but the bow string isn't as crisp as it should be, and the drawing itself isn't as clean as I'd like.

Having said all that I do hope you get a kick out of your Christmas Gift.
    AC
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    apparently I posted and erased my entry...i hate these forums. Adding more than two pictures deletes my entry...
    photo Champions Online_2015-12-21_19-44-26.png
  • Options
    The Purple Heart@esalmighty
    photo Champions Online_2015-12-21_19-35-01.png

Pose; firing all weapons
    photo Champions Online_2015-12-21_19-44-17.png
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Luna Dusksoul@kallethen in a spell-casting pose (with glowing runes at her finger tips if possible).

zl7no1.jpg​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!